Old 04-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/307/140

Height: 5'8

Default I was rash, I am sorry

I was going to post in my thread but it is closed.

I am sorry for beind so sensative yesterday in my thread. I jsut really need support because I REALLY need to get this weight off. Real life friends just don't understand.

I hope to be a supportive person to you all as well as to get support. I look forward to getting to know you guys!

And my real name is Anna.
salamroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Anna - again welcome. Each of us here need support - it comes in ways we may not always recognize as support. I'm proud of you for coming back. This is a fantastic group of people who were/are right where you are. I would tell you this is a two way street - it's not all take too - you will be surprised in the ways you are able to offer support to others also without even realizing it.

Please join us in the main thread - I look forward to getting to know you.

Hugs,
Carol
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #3  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi Anna.

Hope today was a productive day. I'm with Heather: 1400 seems low for you at this point, but of course you need to find what's going to work for you.
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:44 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamroya View Post
I was going to post in my thread but it is closed.

I am sorry for beind so sensative yesterday in my thread. I jsut really need support because I REALLY need to get this weight off. Real life friends just don't understand.

I hope to be a supportive person to you all as well as to get support. I look forward to getting to know you guys!

And my real name is Anna.
Do not worry about it Anna (pretty name)

I only just saw the thread in question now and I will have to wait until tomorrow to read it and reply if I feel a reply is required.

With that said, I hope the rest of your weekend is enjoyable.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

We all have craptastic days. It's okay.

And I was always jealous of girls named Anna, because their names are palindromes. (Hannahs, too!)
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:12 PM   #6  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I am glad you came back today Anna!
I look forward to getting to know you!
Hugs!
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back! Now that it's Sunday there's a rash of posts here. I want to apologize publicly to you if I sounded rude yesterday. I was heading out with my bf and I saw your post and responded quickly. I've been misunderstood before when I speak very quickly which is why I said I didn't want to be rude, but I wanted you to know why people might not be posting right away so you wouldn't feel bad.

Like I told you in my PM, the people here are awesome and they are very supportive. I know what you mean about RL (real life) friends not understanding--after all most of them don't weigh over 300 lbs. so really, how could they understand? Most of my friends and family try to understand and be supportive so I guess I'm lucky in that, but they just don't "get it". It's so hard trying to get healthy and lose weight. It's not just an issue of eat smaller portions or exercise more although let's face it--that is EXACTLY what we have to do to meet our goal of losing weight. Most of us are probably binge eaters who need some kind of counseling to deal with whatever issues we have. Like I tell my friends--You can't get to over 300 lbs. without having some serious issues. I eat to push my negative thoughts and emotions down so I don't have to deal with them and the people I know in RL will never be able to "get that". *Sigh* Enough of this introspection. I'm very glad you decided to come back. You'll like it here.
dolfingirl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 315/307/140

Height: 5'8

Thanks Girls! I am very excited to be here!

I agree with you Dol that there is so much head work to be done. And it is so amazing to be be doing it! Some days are so craptastic! (love that word Jennelle) Other days are easier. One day, One moment at a time. One meal at a time.

1400 cals seem to be working for me. I have been reading books by Jillian Michales and Bob Harper, and I think the 1400 is okay. If I seem to stall or am to hungry I will up them a bit, I also want to add that I do have a free day once a week that is working out well. It kind of restarts the engine. I try to keep it all fairly healthy foods, but will have pizza at one meal but keep it at 2 slices, anymore and then I am liable to binge. HOw may calories are you guys eating? What is your activity level?

Anyway, thanks again for the warm welcome. One question, which challenge is the best to join? I am 41 (well in 3 weeks I will be LOL!) striving to be active again. I used to surf, work out hard etc. I was even trianing for a triatholone at one time believe it or not. So which one would be the best fit for me?

Thanks again! By the way, I am an awful typist, and an even worse speller! Please bare with it!
salamroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Anna you're totally welcome here and I'm glad you decided to give things another chance! You know we all have our moments and as far as I can tell everyone is always welcome here. I mean we all are doing the same thing, trying to learn how to live our lives and for us that means a variety of things, not just getting rid of this weight.

As for my calories, I'm shooting for 1200-1500 a day. I kind of go on a range where some days I want to eat and eat, but other days I do not. I'm hoping to try to get that into a routine where I average a certain amount each day.

I've always wanted to learn how to surf, but never did. Surfing always sounded like fun!

Last edited by Jacquie668; 04-19-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Anna -- I'm glad you decided to come back.

I can't speak to the challenges, but I will encourage you to participate in our exercise thread. We track the number of minutes we exercise. We are trying to exercise more than 205,000 minutes this year (to beat a 2007 goal) and can use all the help we can get. And it's GREAT for accountability!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote