thoughts on off plan (kind of negative maybe)

• This Sunday I went off my plan. Weekends are the worst for me because I mostly just stay home and this one was extra bad because the weather was terrible. So being home I tend to indulge in a lot of snacking. I didn't go too crazy but it was definitely not what I should have been eating.

The weird thing is I don't even feel bad about it. I just feel like oh well and now I am back on plan. I have never been on a "diet" before where I cheated and didn't feel like crap. Has anyone experienced that? Would you think that that kind of mindset is more or less conducive to weight loss and staying on plan?

I guess what I want is what everyone wants, someone to drop out of the sky and say, hi I am from the future and I am here to tell you that you are doing the right thing and everything works out for you.

I know that is not going to happen. I just want to gauge how other people feel about this kind of thing, lack of guilt maybe, and how you have dealt with it.
  • I make days that might be considered "off plan" fit into my plan. I count calories and have an average of 1500 a day. So if I want or need a day with 1800 calories, I just have 1400 for three days.

I do this not because I feel guilty going over plan but because going over plan scares me. I was in a bad place when I started. I felt so bad physically and I never want to feel that way again.

The weight loss journey is very personal. We all have to handle it the way that we need to. It looks like you have just joined and you are not showing any weight loss yet in your profile. Let me assure you, starting is the hardest part of this journey. I think the important thing is that you are back on plan now. Just keep going. You can do this!

What is your plan?
  • I think that is actaully a great midset and that you should be proud of yourself for letting it roll off your shoulders and just getting back on plan. There are so many people here that beat themselves up over the smallest things like not sticking exactly to plan and i think that it is wonderful that you can look past it. We are only human and everyone has blips here and there. The important thing is to just keep going and to not get discouraged. This is a lifestyle change and there will be days where you cant exercise or eat too much or even sometimes dont eat enough. Remember tomorrow is always a new day.
  • I think beating yourself up over going off plan is counter-productive. (unless you sneak in a little exercise doing so )
  • Thanks for the responses. I like knowing what other people think.

Quote:
    What is your plan?
    I am doing weight watchers, I really like it because I am on a "diet" but I got to eat pizza today. So that rocks. The only down side is that as I lose weight my number of points I get to eat a day goes down too. So by losing weight I am making the weight loss harder. I know that is how it usually works regardless of the plan it is just frustrating to think about.

But I am really motivated and hopefully about it. That is what matters.
  • But I think you will find that as you lose, you will actually be satisfied with less points.Thats good news!!!???