Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Barb -- My condolences on your dog! I dread the day I have to make those decisions for mine...
Old 04-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #17  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Barb, I'm so sorry for your loss. Our pets are our most loyal and loving companions.

I still miss my Caleb, who lived 13+ years and suddenly developed stomach cancer. I had to make the same decision, 15 years ago, and I still miss him.

Georgia
Old 04-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Barb,

I hope this doesn't sound trite, but when I have had to make that decision for an animal, I think like the animals do. As the Dog Whisperer would say, animals grieve for a short period and then they move on. Since we moved to the country, we have lost Bear and two horses, Ginger and Spice. That doesn't mean you forget them, but you let go of the heartache. It is always a very difficult decision but you did what was best for her. You set her free. And she's up there at the rainbow bridge waiting for you.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Barb - my heart reaches out to you. We had to make the same choice 4 years ago and reading your posts reminds me of the intesity of the heartache. Know you are a responsible, loving pet parent and did the right thing - hard as it was.

Hugs to you my friend.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:41 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 364/363/200

Height: 5'4"

Barb I'm so sorry. I know exactly how that feels I lost my 3 furry girls within 6 months of each other. I was so depressed. I hope that you and your family quickly get to the place where all you can remember are the good things.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:53 PM   #21  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

So sorry, Barb, it's always hard.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Wish me well today, ladies. I have a long day, but also a stressful one. My goal is not to turn to food for comfort!!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:07 AM   #23  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning!

Good luck today Heather! You know food is not your comfort...it's your fuel. Eat smart to keep your body working efficiently through the day!

Thank you ladies for all your kind words about my dear pup, Lucy. I'm sad and miss her, but I'm really at peace with it. I know it was time. It was just so difficult making the decision and walking out of the vet's office without her. This is the first time I've had to do this and I was alone.

I hope everyone is geared up for a wonderful and healthy day! I have a long day of meetings at work and then plan on hitting the gym for cardio on the way home....as long as DH is able to pick up the boys. Tomorrow my office it open and DH's is closed so I might blow off work so we can do something fun.

I better dig into my to-do list....catch ya'll later!

Barb
Old 04-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #24  
Renaissance Woman

It's already been quite a day for me today...

I took my youngest and his father to the airport this morning, and I just got back. I didn't succeeding in avoiding McDonalds and Starbucks on the way home. Already ate 1310 calories!!! And when I left this morning, I planned on stopping on the way back.

I'm not regretting my decision, I'm just shocked at what it cost me.

I'm in a fair amount of emotional pain right now. I just need a little time to grieve and get my bearings again. It'll be two months till I see my little boy. But I will get to talk to him on Saturday night, and he knows how much I love him and want to be with him all the time.

I'm done with the eating for now. It served it's purpose. I'll be packing the last of the boxes today and heading for the new house permanently by tomorrow morning. When I think about that, I feel relieved and overjoyed.

Georgia
Old 04-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #25  
BELIEVE!

Geo...
Old 04-09-2009, 11:59 PM   #26  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Georgia, that's so hard. But it sounds like you're doing what you have to do. Take good care of yourself!

I feel bad venting about my rough day, but I need to. My mom had an appointment today, so I had to go through all the stress of helping her get ready; she was cranky pretty much the whole time, and continued to be high-maintenance this evening, even while her toilet was clogged and I had to spend an hour or so getting it unclogged. I just wanted to say, that's it, where's the time clock, I want to clock out and go home for the day. When it gets like this, I think there's no way I can do this for 20 years or the rest of my life or however long it's going to be. But I was pretty good, eating-wise, even though when we went to dinner my mother insisted on buying a dessert to take home and encouraged me to get one too. I just got hers and let it roll off my back. Thanks for letting me vent!

How did it go, Heather?
Old 04-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #27  
Renaissance Woman

Good morning, girlfriends. It's a new day, it rained all night in Northern California, so the air is clear and it smells nice outside. I'm ready for a new outlook on life, one full of positive energy and hope.

I have so much stuff to do around here! I need to go buy a new dresser for my bedroom, a set of book shelves, two counter stools and groceries. So, Pier 1 and Safeway are on my list first.

My kitchen is a mess. While I'm in no way the most fastidious housekeeper, I prefer to see my counters and have use of them! I have a pantry closet, but I have no idea how to organize it. I've just shoved things in there for now. And even though I'm tall, some of the shelves are really too high for effective use.

I'm taking a break from the GWF armband till Monday. I'm just going to go about my day getting things done, keeping up with the activity and movement and healthy eating on my own for a few days. The electronics are effective, but also distracting.

Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee...I need some...NOW!

If I don't check in until Monday...have a lovely Easter!!!

Georgia
Old 04-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #28  

Hi ladies,

I've been in a stupor for a few days after the rain. Allergies.

I ended up taking Good Friday off. I had a doctor appointment in the AM. I told her a have a list of issues to work on this year. I also admitted that I had been avoided her over the past six months because of my in ability to get the weight loss going again. We talked about perimenopause, impact of work stress, and my ongoing fatigue. I know in my heart that the fatigue is so related to allergies and it is so hard to mind-over-matter it. Right now, I feel very lethargic but my ears are ringing and I have allergy/sinus pressure on my face. I'm taking the meds just not sure what else to do. We are also going to have my knees x-rayed. I'm having weakness issues in both but especially in my right knee. That one builds up fluid if I don't take celebrex every day. Anyway, I faced her and her scale and moving on. My next visit is June 1 for the annual girlie exam. Oh boy. Gotta schedule the smash 'em visit too.

I've been spending time in the evenings, when it hasn't been cold and rainy, working with Spanky. He had decided that he didn't want to load in the new trailer. When a 1200 pound horse wants to unload himself from the trailer, guess what? He can. Brat. But I was determined that he wasn't going to win and I more or less won because this morning, he loaded on the first attempt. We had our first lesson with the trainer today. I can now drive the horse trailer on my own! I really like this trainer. She's my age. And I wouldn't want to cross her. Spanky did really well especially for adapting to such a new environment of cows and lots of other horses. I learned a lot. We even worked on trailer loading and his wanting to unload himself. I am so excited for the work we did.

Today was supposed to be the day I was taking the CPA exam. But I was doing something more fun. And I have no regrets or wistfulness about it. None. Nada.

I'm a little irked at my niece and her boyfriend. She's out of work and he doesn't make much. I figured they could use some money. But I don't lend money. I asked the boyfriend to come out and build two raised garden beds for us. I have the landscape timbers from previous landscaping and the other supplies. Just needed some labor. I want the beds to make it easier for DH to be able to get all access to the garden from his mobility scooter. I really want him to be able to pick his tomatoes without having to rely on me. Plus I'm tired of dealing with the grass/weeds that continue to plague me as we're not getting down deep enough to kill it out when we till. I'm hoping that, by raising it, that will help on that end. They came out and we discussed it. We discussed that I want this done sooner than later. She talked to DH last night about to see if it was too wet to work and he said no. Today was a perfect day for getting it done. She called at 10:15 this morning that they figured it was too wet so they wouldn't be coming today. Translate into: someone enjoyed Friday night too much and had not planned on being here today regardless of the talk last night. Must not need the money that bad because that was their one chance. Sounds harsh, but she is notorious for having excuses about why she couldn't fulfill her commitment. I'd love to have her clean house for me regularly but she can't commit to being here and getting the work all done. Now DH and I will be doing the work ourselves. Sigh. He and I don't always work well on these kinds of projects.

Angela - The Trolley Run/Walk is here in the Kansas City area. How are you and your mom getting along now? Its okay to come here and vent. I'll probably be here in September having fit when I take my mom to Arizona for vacation with us. you're a great daughter for taking her in.

Georgia - Sounds like you're more up today. How old is your son? I'm sure you've told us but I have no memory left half the time anymore. A little retail theraphy can do wonders as well as getting set up in your new home.

Heather - Sometimes, a burger is just needed. The personnel committee doesn't sound too fun. I pretty much don't miss the personnel side of being a manager. People are just a pain in the butt! Hope you made it to the gym to work it off.

I've rambled enough. Dinner will be ready soon, I hope!

to all!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:11 AM   #29  
Renaissance Woman

Vortex, I've been dealing with mother/food issues as well. Now that I'm in town, my mom thinks I'm her new best friend. Trouble is, the woman has no boundaries, and when I don't play along (meaning that I give in to her plans and schemes), she can pout like a four-year-old. I have my own life to live. And she, well, she just makes me want to eat!

I recently figured out that there are go-to foods that I like to eat when frustrated and angry. And I like them a certain way, like a giant Jethro-bowl of cereal with almond milk (do you remember the Beverly Hillbillies?), or crusty French bread with butter. I won't eat one element without the other, so I can have almond milk in the house, but not cereal, or I can have butter, but never, ever, EVER have the crusty French bread in the house...EVER!!! I caved today at Trader Joe's and got the bread. Thankfully, I only made it through a third of the loaf. And I didn't put butter on it. But I did have some really excellent Greek olive oil and zaatar to dip it into.

Terri, I have energy issues as well. I started taking Sam-E for osteoarthritis in my knees and depression, but it seems to have an energizing/stimulating effect on me, so I make sure to take it first thing in the morning, before breakfast. It really helped me.

My younger son, Rhyan, is 11. I just talked to him. He and his father made it back to Kazakhstan safely and it had just snowed, so Rhyan played with his friends outside and they've been involved with Nerf gun wars all over the neighborhood! My older son, Quinn, is nearly 17 (Geez! That was hard to write!) and he's getting playing in the snow as well at boarding school near Lake Tahoe...and not studying like he's supposed to be to get into the school of his dreams.

Like your niece, sometimes, it feels like my sons need a solid dose of "we're poor and this is reality, and you have to do hard work for what you get." I don't remember life being so fun when I was young, or having the option to not work. But we were poor, and I worked from a young age.

*gasp!* Did I just sound like one of those judgmental older people? Who go around saying things like, "...kids these days...they don't know what life is really like..." Noooooooooo!

Georgia
Old 04-12-2009, 08:20 AM   #30  

Happy Easter!
Closed Thread