Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Cyn glad it doesn't seem serious.xxxxxxx I thought reflux but with the itching..well it's great to know you're seeing a doctor soon. Look after yourself.xxxxxx
Annie, how are you? Hope the training/reorientation/whatever is going well & you're not getting anymore panic attacks.xxxxxxx
TOM arrived yesterday, totally unexpected, but it explained me crying on Sunday & feeling so tired & fed up. The boys are off school for two weeks-Easter holidays-so I'm trying to keep them occupied, games, trampoline & recorded films (Robots, has anyone seen it? I was laughing, Robin Williams is SO GOOD).
I'm a bit worried about my sis, she's 'chatting' to a guy in Australia & he's supposed to be coming over in a couple of months. She's only been split with her hubby for three months & had an 'online relationship' with another guy straight after splitting up with hubby. All she can talk about is this guy & I'm worried she's getting too involved & putting herself before her kids & their safety, plus I'm worried she'll get hurt, any advice please? I've mentioned to her to be careful & take things slowly but it's falling on deaf ears.
xxxxxxxsharon
Old 04-08-2009, 12:17 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

UPDATE:

ok so i go to the Dr. She asks me all these questions and she is clicking on her laptop..she gets up and feels my stomach asking questions..the she goes back to the computer..and she tells me she is going to do blood work and check for the H Pylori bacteria test they do..I know what it is since I work at the lab..just to rule that out she says..then she turns to me and sys this is so classic..I said huh? She said you have GERD. I have heard of GERD but didnt really know much about it. So she tells me I need to take this pill..sorry don't remember the name..and she gets up and says let me print off your prescription I will be right back.

She comes back..gives me the prescription and samples..and says reschedule in 2 weeks..I said wait! I dont have an ulcer? I dont have a bad gallbladder? She says to me..no I dont think so! What THE ****!!! you dont THINK so? She said she is treating me for this and if it doesnt work..then we will go for the upper GI???

Then I told her, what about my other problem..she looked puzzled, so then I told her about my itching..she tells me she is giving me something to "knock" the allergies out of me..and then I can have clariden. I said I dont need clariden..I told her that I wanted to see an allergist..she said that wasnt necessary. She said that the itching and weezing and diarhea could be from my "seasonal" allergies.

All I have to say is HORSE POOP ! lol When I go back in 2 weeks i am NOT seeing her. Maybe I do have GERD, But I really felt like she was not lsitening to me..and she wanted me to just take pills.

Hubby said that when he had these problems it took him a few times before they sent him for the upper GI. Guess insurance companies what you to rule out everything .

UGH!! So tomorrow starting the pills and see whay happens.

on a good note..I now weigh 332 lbs!!!

YEAH me!
Old 04-08-2009, 06:27 AM   #18  

Cyn, is she a 'Real doctor'? She seems a bit spaced out to me. Hope the pills work.xxxxxx
Annnie, WHERE ARE YOU? I finally got some protein shake, chocolate cookie.....mmmmmmm. Wish I tried it YEARS ago, it fills me up, satisfies my 'seet' cravings and is full of vitamins & healthy 'stuff'. I got TOTALLY mixed up about your career, DOH!!!!!! I really hope you get this speaking/advice job, I bet you will be FANTASTIC at it AND you won't be under stress/depression like in your old job.xxxxxx
Has anyone any advice please SEE MY EARLIER POST, I am really worried.
xxxxxxsharon
Old 04-08-2009, 07:34 AM   #19  

Height: 5'7"

Im here...not alot to say. Food is great, exercise is happening and water is getting in. Have a great day everyone! HUGS
Old 04-08-2009, 07:12 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA so much lately. I have been so depressed and stressed. I got laid off today. Not a surprise. I knew it would happen anytime but honestly I have been having a bit more sadness and I guess grieving for a company that is gone. I have been working my tailend off for them this week. Joel came down there last night to help me out and they are going to pay him for his hard work. I already applied for unemployment after work today. I then called my parents and talked to them. They are on the road in New Mexico. They told me that they found a beautiful place in Arizona to move to and they are going to come home and put their house on the market and hopefully move there. I got off the phone and balled. TOM much! lol. I'm sure that things will get better for me emotionally when it isn't TOM about to happen.

Debi: Woo hoo. I'm so happy for you sweetie. Way to go!

Emily: How exciting. The Greek ISles sounds wonderful. Congrats on the -1 more too.

Catherine: I hope the plumbing gets fixed easily and not so costly!

DC: I was cracking up when I read your post about weighing 260 and being a size 8. lol. Ya never know. Hang in there hon.

Cyn: I'm sorry that your Dr. didn't ease your worries. I do hope that the pills help tremendously though. Hugs. Oh, the place that my parents loved was Verde Valley or something like that near Prescott I think.

Shimmers: Hi there.

Sharon: Hugs to you. Thank you for always thinking about me. Sorry about the stuff your sister is doing. I don't have any advice. 2 of my sisters are on-line dating gals. I worry about them terribly. One of them is married now but before this she used to date online and not care a tiny bit about her children. I don't know what to say. Not that all on-line situations are bad mind you but the men that my sisters choose are not so great. Hugs to you.

Carol: Hi there sweetie.

No news from my Dr. yet about the job thing I am proposing to him. I am meeting someone tomorrow that is about to have surgery. Acltually 2 someones. lol. They have been emailing me or rather pming me on the Dr.'s website and I have been answering them and so, tomorrow we will meet at the library in Coeur d' Alene where they have a private room reserved and they want to see my scrap book and meet me. I am looking forward to it and hoping it will give me a glimpse of what may be .

Joel and I are starting a new class at work called, "How we are different" It is about the differences in culture, gender, backgrounds, birth order etc. I am looking forward to it. It is a ten week class.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 04-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #21  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Sharon, I may not be the best person to answer you, because I met my husband online and we've been together now for 10 and a half years and married almost 9. HOWEVER... we didn't meet on an online dating site, we met on a normal 'chat' site, similar to this one, with a wide range of people, but you sent messages in 'real' time. We didn't plan to meet anyone special, but it happened. It may make no difference where/how you meet people, but there should be some basic rules of safety that everyone should follow. We 'chatted', emailed, sent letters/photos and made LOTS of long phone calls before Neil decided to come out to Australia (from Canada) to visit me. We probably knew beforehand that this would be permanent, but you never know.

Now, the HUGE difference with me was that *I* was the only one involved with Neil coming over. I didn't have any children who would be affected by this. In my long teaching career, and in own family situations, I have seen SO many children affected negatively by short-term relationships. Your sister may BELIEVE that this is forever, but she should be totally sure before bringing this person fully into her children's lives. She may well plan on having him stay elsewhere while her children can get to know him, which would be a great move on her part. However, I have a feeling that she may simply look at her OWN feelings and introduce the 'friend' too quickly and too completely. Then, if it doesn't work out, this often leaves the children asking "What did *I* do to make 'Daddy' or 'Uncle...' leave?" This is SO cruel.

I would also try to find out if your sister has made any monetary commitments towards this man. That can be a red flag right away. He should be willing to pay his own way totally and he should be willing to follow any 'rules' that your sister wants to put into place.

Sorry, I have probably ranted a little here, but I just worry about kids in this situation. If your sister wants to take the risk of a broken heart, then that is her right, but it is NOT her right to expose her children to the same risk. Oh, and of course there is always the risk of abuse, which is the WORST scenario, but it DOES happen.

So, basically, she should make sure he has alternative accommodation over there and that he is able to support himself totally financially. They would be non-negotiable things with me to make sure that any children involved were not put at any more risk than if your sister met the man at a parent/teacher meeting, or other controlled environment.

I don't know if I have been of any help at all, but I will now step calmly off my soapbox and head off to my last day of school before a two-week vacation. YES!!!

Good luck with helping your sister make some sensible decisions about this. I can't guarantee that she will take any suggestions with a smile, but she MAY remember them later and see the validity in them.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 04-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everybody

Just a quick update--I took my Simi back to the vet for a follow up today. She had scratched her eye so we've been putting an antibiotic gel and drops in her eye for the past 11 days. It turns out that now she isn't making enough tears to keep her eyes wet so now she's on 2 different kinds of eye drops. One of them is to try to help her eyes "fix" the problem and start making tears and the other one is just to put in when her eyes are looking dry. I feel so bad for my baby.

That's my sad and upsetting news. My very happy news is that we got the keys for the restaurant today and the electric will be turned on Friday. I am so happy and excited about that.

But I'm also bummed because I haven't been able to work out Monday, Tuesday or today. TOM is here and very heavy and yucky on Monday and Tuesday. I WAS planning on working out today, but all of the restaurant business took up the early part of my day and my Simi took up the night. It's already after 8:00 pm and I just can't even walk on the treadmill or else I'll be up until at least 1:00 am. I will definitely be working out tomorrow morning and I'll try to do more tomorrow night, but I really hate it when life gets in the way sometimes, you know.

I've read the posts but I can't respond tonight. Just know that I'm thinking of you all and sending hugs.

Talk to you later.

Vicki
Old 04-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #23  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Cyn-The summer between my freshman and sophomore years in college, I had an attack, that I though was an appendix, went to the emergency room, and the doctor said I needed a GI, to go to my doctor tomorrow, and get the test. My doctor the next day, without touching me, said it was a stomach flu going around. No GI. A couple of months later, in the middle of the semester, I had to have emergency surgery to have my gall bladder removed. It almost ruptured. It also cost me a couple of weeks of school, and it was the only semester I didn't make at least the Dean's list. Doctors who know everything, when they are wrong, we pay. If you don't think this one is right, get a second opinion. Remember, they work for you, not the other way around.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:55 AM   #24  

ZELMA!!!!xxxxxx SO great to 'hear' from you, I know you had/have a FAB experience with online romance, & yes they met through a non-dating site too! Yes you hit the nail on the head with my concerns about the kids. She has no money; rented house, no savings & on disability; he has a job in computers (self employed) & offered to buy her a better pc, he's already sent her stuff for her pc from Oz. All of which seems good, but either one of them will have to give up their kids, depending who moves where, OR his ex won't get regular access to her kids (once a year maybe?)
I am SO appreciative for your comments, I know you are busy but hoped you'd reply. I can always rely on your honesty.xxxxxxx ps how are you, has the depression lifted & are you still getting the vitamin shots?xxxxxxx
Annie SO SORRY that the job 'went' I hope you get something from your doctor. Have you thought of setting up an online support group? I know with advertising & stuff you could make money (at least in theory) AND you'd be helping people too. Just an idea.xxxxxx
Beth & Ammi, woohoo!!!!how are you both?xxxxxxxx
Debbie, Debbi, how are you both?xxxxxxx
Gg how ru too?xxxxxx
Gotta go have a shower..
xxxxxxs
Old 04-09-2009, 08:03 AM   #25  

Greetings my Peeps!

Went to dentist yesterday and got some leeetle holes in my enamel fixed. They formed because of where braces were shoved on my teeth over 34 years ago. I think braces are put on much more gently now. I hate going to the dentist due to bad past experinces. My current dentist is fabbo! He gave me a heads up on how I am wearing my teeth, esp in the front. I'm hoping to save enough money to get that fixed by Jan next year.

TOM seems to be lurking around the corner, dang it, someone shoot him!

I'm still taking guitar lessons. Did someone here ask what kind of guitar I play? I play acoustic electric.

This is a picture of my guitar (ugh, why do they make such long urls?)
http://www.breedlovemusic.com/index....ies&Itemid=147

I want to learn blues riffs. I am self taught and can strum and do chords just fine. I'm learning to read music and utilize frets other than the first 3! All exciting to me.

So um.. I've recently come down with a horrible syndrome. It's called *sighs* GAS! Yes, I've got GAS - Guitar Acquisition Syndrome. I love my guitar so much, I am looking for guitars made of different woods and that have different sounds. Apparently, there is only a reprieve from this syndrome every time another guitar is purchased I am about to buy my 2nd guitar.. a beeeauty!! hehe

GGG, I've started taking the super B complex + C. Not noticing much except "B pee" - that loverly sunshine yellow color you get when you tinkle a few hours after taking the vitamin.

That's all that's happening with me!

Hugs,
Ratkitten

Last edited by Ratkitten; 04-09-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #26  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Cyn-I read your posts and I have the same bloating thing. Well, I used to. My gastro doctor put me on a tablespoon of benefiber and 17g of Miralax mixed with whatever you drink in the morning (apple or orange juice for me). I also take Zegerid at night. This has helped me tremendously. I used to have pain that felt like a charlie horse in my stomach, but I haven't had that since I have been taking this stuff. I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy and there was some irritation in the bowel and the stomach, so I'm glad I had that done. But I have been going to this doctor for at least 10 years..he's great...I hope they find out what's going on with you.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies. I've been more of a lurker these days, but thought I would post a "HELLOOOO" to you all.

I hope everyone is well!

I just started taking Trinessa Birth Control, last Sunday, and since then I've had constant nausea, but it seems to be getting better so I'm hopeful. I thought I gained a ton of weight, but I didn't so I'm back to loosing again. I also am learning how to prepare foods I like in my tiny kitchen...I really wish I had a better place lol.

I'm a bit stressed these days, but surviving. I hope everyone is well! *HUGS*

Last edited by Jacquie668; 04-09-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #28  

Height: 5'7"

Ok...my blah mood is relate to Tom...I am so sick of visits from him!!!! I agree rat lets shoot him!!! Gonna make myself exercise even though it will be hard with TOM here.
I am doing some housework and getting things ready for EASTER. MY daughter and her husband are coming home. My son and his wife and baby are coming for church but then heading back home. It should be a good day.
I have a bridal shower on sat...food is a challenge this week. Not working leaves me free to spend time with friends and eating out.
Im going to vacum and then go plant some summer bulbs. My seedlings are doing great and cant wait to put them in the ground.
hugs to all
Old 04-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #29  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

I've been lurking this week too. Happy Thursday to everyone!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #30  
More Tortoise than Hare

S/C/G: 320/317/199

Hi everyone,

Busy pre-Easter time here, cleaning house and getting ready for company. After a great week last week, I'm stalled with this one -- some of it is the pre-TOM blahs (and moodiness), some of it is the return of rain (even though we need it out west), some of it is job uncertainty and disenchantment. ... So here's my opportunity to try out new techniques for handling stress and the monthly cycle, yes? I think I'll try the "forget the big picture; just dig in and focus on the moment and making good calls in that moment" strategy.

Today, that means steam-cleaning the carpets, wiping down the furniture and mopping. And working up a sweat doing it.
Closed Thread