3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Positive Uplifting Notification: One positive thing about me today (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/167510-positive-uplifting-notification-one-positive-thing-about-me-today.html)

Mainah 03-30-2009 07:48 PM

Oh Aggie you crack me up! Good for you, enjoy your time at the salon!

Everyone seems to be doing so well with exercise and food choices - I am proud of all of you!

My positive for today was to tell someone that I thought she was being insightful and kind. Another friend was complaining about her sister-in-law and MY friend had the composure to say, nicely, that we shouldn't judge because we don't know what caused her to make the choices she did and to go easy on her. I was impressed with her ability to say that, and say it in a nice manner, so I made sure she knew that!

My scale was up today ( I check in with the scale every few days, but my official weigh in day is Friday) but I totally expected it and was ok with it. I lost a lot last week, but I was sick so I knew I would gain some back once I started eating and drinking "normally". I made all good choices over the weekend and today so I am confident that Friday will bring good news!

Good night all!

CJZee 03-30-2009 09:54 PM

Today I cleaned my car, which I have been putting off for some time. I took some photos for a friend to put her apartment for rent on Craigslist, and burned a CD for her (I'm a professional art photographer, and I HATE to do stuff like this). I did 40 minutes of cardio and ate the right number of calories. Don't mean this to be a laundry-list, I know we're just supposed to say one positive thing a day, but all this added up to a positive day for me overall. Thank you all. CJ

colormerd47 03-30-2009 10:55 PM

No worries CJZ,
It's all good. Tell me all of your positives for the day, it does not have to be only one. You did great!!!

Aggie

Faigh amach 03-31-2009 12:22 AM

Wow, I have been gone a few days and look at all of you, releasing weight, cleaning, exercising, and all sorts of stuff, congratulations :). My positive for the last few days, cleaned the kitchen, Sunday I went to fighter practice and got another welt, but sweated as well. Today I had to work, I will try to do something when I get out of work. Have a great night

mariamherrera 03-31-2009 01:09 AM

Aggie you crack me up!! how did your hair turn out?

my positive today was I tried to save a little animals life, and the whole ordeal really touched me.. I'll copy and paste the blog I wrote about it
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

today at work a kid in the day care came up to me and asked whats that? I went an looked and it was a little squirrel laying curled up in ball on the ground although I wasn't sure he was a squirrel because he didn't look like a normal one I later thought maybe he was a chipmunk?.. he was shaking and shivering and having muscles spasms of some sorts.I immediately asked for a box to put him in.. I saved a squirrel last year from drowning and I knew I had to try and help the little fellow. Luckily numbers were low at work so I was able to get off much earlier then I normally would by coincidence. I brought him home put two towels in the dryers to get them warm put it in a new box and put him inside of it.. he let me handle him with out hesitation he did not try to bite me he looked at me with sad little eyes that said help me. I looked up online as fast as I could where I could bring him, because normal vet places will not accept wild life. I found the nearest hospital for wild life was in yelm.. over by Olympia..

He breathing was very slow... his jerking and spams were getting fewer and further between.. he was dieing... I hurried there as fast as I could.. about half way there his breathing started getting faster.. he even moved his paws a little... It gave me hope... by the time I arrived there he moved his head! and he stood up on all of his feet he was no longer curled in the fetal position. he was breathing faster again.. I was sure he had hope now he might just pull through! I was so happy I though hey I might have saved this little fellows life... once at the vet's they concluded he was a teenage male FLYING squirrel!!! I have never seen one in my life! he was so precious! and they are sort of rare here. A lot of people have them as pets because they are very friendly but highly preyed upon in the wild..

the vet had hope he would live.. he was starting to come too.. he was really fighting for his life.. and had improved since I first found him

I left.. I thought about my little fellow all day.. I got a call from the vet at 6 that my little fellow had really tried to pull through he was even up and standing and tried to eat.. but sadly he died.. the cause... poisoning... they tihnk it was D-con or some sort of insecticide It made me shed a few tears.. life is so precious.. even a little squirrels.. I wish he'd have lived.. If I ever have a mouse or rat problem I will never use D-con! And if I need an exterminator to keeps insects under control I'm going to request it be organic and natural. It's so sad that other helpless creatures die as a result!

I may sound like a sap or even corny but I just wanted to share this story.. It touched me... Rest in peace little guy.. I care

colormerd47 03-31-2009 06:51 AM

Good Morning and a good morning it is, it has to be for me to be up this early. Hey, my first positive for the day.

My second one is, I am glad to see you Faig, missed you and glad you are back. Now Faig, tell me what is Fighter Practice and what is a welt? What a great positive for you, you will be teaching me something new!!

Maria, you had me crying, that poor little guy, but I believe your caring for him, was a way God touched your heart to let you know just how precious life is, all life. You know your caring spirit was also passed along to the young boy who came to you for help. Look at this, POSITIVENESS in MOTION. Great way to go, Maria.

Oh yeah Maria, hair is looking good, so good, I can't stand myself.

Alright everyone, let's get this party started, Have a FANTASTIC DAY.

Later gators,
Aggie.........I'll be back

Devsmama 03-31-2009 08:58 AM

Mariam that is awesome, I love animals....My positive for the day is that I inspired the guy I have been seeing to get healthy. I am so happy for him!

gothik butterfly 03-31-2009 12:08 PM

hey everyone! i missed this thread... hehehe

so my positive today is that i am here. i haven't actually posted in a few days but i have stayed on plan. (other than 24 hours from Sat. night to Sun. night which i planned for)

the fact that i managed 24 hours off plan and still got back on is amazing. i kinda went in kicking and screaming but i did it!

have a great day and stay positive!

colormerd47 03-31-2009 04:29 PM

Hey all,
Here is another positive for me today. I am on a roll. I found another thread here on the site about donating your weight and I am. Very excited about this to be able to release my weight and the total released to donate that amount in food to the place of your choice. Whoever thought of this gets a great big woot woot from me, and guess what, there were others of us there, made me feel so good. I am so happy to because I walked almost 3/4's of a mile today. Hot da*n in the morning, if it doesn't kill me, it will give me strength, and haha, I ain't dead. Lord, if my Mom heard me say ain't, she would have a fit. (Was an English Teacher) LOL

Love you,
Aggie

gothik butterfly 03-31-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colormerd47 (Post 2678958)
Hey all,
Here is another positive for me today. I am on a roll. I found another thread here on the site about donating your weight and I am. Very excited about this to be able to release my weight and the total released to donate that amount in food to the place of your choice. Whoever thought of this gets a great big woot woot from me, and guess what, there were others of us there, made me feel so good. I am so happy to because I walked almost 3/4's of a mile today. Hot da*n in the morning, if it doesn't kill me, it will give me strength, and haha, I ain't dead. Lord, if my heard me say ain't, she would have a fit. (Was an English Teacher) LOL

Love you,
Aggie

i don't know who thought of that but that warms my social worker heart!

and i am gonna do it!!

Thighs Be Gone 03-31-2009 05:25 PM

I am doing this too. Absolutely FABULOUS idea.

One positive thing about me today is that when confronted with drama, I chose to walk away and find someone/something positive instead. I didn't squirm and I didn't fret, I just simply walked away. It felt great and although I detest the drama I was confronted with, I am glad I did what I did and feel good about my decision.

I also bought a pair of fire engine RED open-toed shoes today with a nice heel on them! I can't wait to wear them--I think I am getting some red hoops to go with them----soooooo not me. I love it! :)

Another positive about me today is that I went to lunch w/a GF and made only good choices and skipped dessert. I opted for an extra portion of chicken instead.

Devsmama 03-31-2009 05:52 PM

You girls are kicking butt!!! I luvs it!!!! One positive for me is I ran 6 sprints today, 6!!!!!!!

Makare 03-31-2009 06:07 PM

Today I did my hair and makeup, wore my contacts and best clothes. I don't usual put any effort into my appearance. I got alot of compliments today. I think taking better care of how I look makes me feel more motivated to look better.

Also, I did NOT eat the bag of Fritos I found in a drawer. That was a major success. Yay.

colormerd47 03-31-2009 06:47 PM

I am so freakin' excited, all of you little lovlies are here and kickin' bootie. I am so pumped by all of you.

Gothik and Thighs, so glad you are going to join in on donate your weight, it is an absolutely wonderful thing to do. And so many of you positive ladies were already there when I found it. So proud to be included in a group of ladies as special as all of you.

Thighs, when I saw your name here, all I could do was SMILE. Red pumps, okay, you are on fire, get the hoops girl, go all out. Great choices on that food too, but above all you dispalyed great discrestion when walking away from the drama, I can really learn a lesson from that. Thanks.

Dee, look at what you have started, all this beauty going on. We are all on the party train. choo choo

Devsmama, so you sucked it up again, good job, I know your son is oh so proud. Positively POSITIVE.

Makare, I know you looked good girl. Motivation is a Wonderful Thing. Keep it up kiddo. Leaving the fritos in the drawer was not a bad idea, either. WTG!!

Everyone gets a Great Big WOOT WOOT.:carrot::carrot: Hugs and kisses for all:hug::hug::hug:

Later Gators;)

Ratkitten 03-31-2009 09:08 PM

Sorry for MIA, but I've had a nasty cold. I am feeling much better now and ty all for well wishes. I'm a miserable sick patient.

My positive today is that I got a lot done at work and felt like I was amongst the living!

Hugs to all,
Ratkity