Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #496  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Cool

Jacque -- because this is a thread of "positives", I think you should stick with that theme. Why don't you try to put a positive spin on you and your girlfriend. To keep it positive, tell us what you did or are going to do that helps either you or her in your journey if you want. But remember -- you can only control what YOU do, not what she does, so don't let her frustrate you. Remember you are being a good example and, sometimes, that is the best we can do.

Ags -- good luck at the doctors. I'll hold you in my heart until I hear what happens.

Bite and Mainah
-- so you both work in hospitals? You'll have to keep us updated on this flu. I (think) I heard that it has some avian (bird) genes in it or something, very different than anything experienced before. This is going to sound crazy, but I bought some of the best respiratory masks that filter out 100% of EVERYTHING when the whole bird flu scare was upon us, so I'm going to go dig those out just in case. I am not normally like that, but the estimates of death on the bird flu were upwards of 50% of those infected, and I did not like those odds.

Learning -- awwww, your first prom. I've never been to a prom either. My dad were very strict growing up. I did get invited to a prom at a different high school, but didn't like the guy enough to go through the difficulty of dealing with my father, so I turned the date down.

Mary -- glad you're hubby is back where he's supposed to be. And a big congrats for planning your outings. That is so key, and something I am learning from successful people like you.

Mainah -- yes, I live in Key West! I love it here. I'm originally from the Midwest, but I've been down here 20 years next year. I've also lived in NJ, WV, and the Berkshires in Mass. I got transferred around by a company I used to work for, but now I work for myself.

Shia
-- I do want to see you in that party dress, girl. Let us know how it goes. And those shoes must be fabulous! Can you post a big picture somewhere on the site? I don't know how to do that, but other people post progress pictures so it must be possible. Drop-dead gorgeous, I bet you are.

My positive is that I had another of my great therapeutic massages at 9 a.m. this morning -- but I got up early and went to the gym BEFORE the massage and did my cardio!! (And took a shower in between, LOL)

My other positive is that the scale seems to be creeping down! I will report the actual number at my weigh-in next week, but I am pumped!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #497  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devsmama View Post
Hey ladies!!

Jacque I took the time to read all of that and it is a lot to take in. Mainah did a really good job saying what she said, from a place of love. And from that place I say this..remember, this is a positive thread and although some of us vent here, we have to remember that through all of that venting, there has to be some sunshine in there somewhere. You're friends aren't perfect and neither are you, so give them space and let them find their own way. Be your own cheerleader or come here and we will cheer you on. Its really that simple, I know you care for them, but sometimes you have to care for people with a long handled spoon and thats okay too.
Thank YOU and EVERYONE for their support. I guess I should have found another forum or started a new thread for venting....instead of in the Positive Uplifting one....Wasn't thinking straight at 7:30 this morning. MY BAD!!!! My original post did start out with my positive for the day. I think I have spent enough time thinking negative today....so I am done!!!!

On an upside, uplifting note, Middle Man and I have been emailing this morn and I think she is going to meet me for pilates tomorrow and then we will go to the gym....I'm proud of her!!! But of course this is ONLY if her son's game is cancelled.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #498  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZee View Post
Jacque -- because this is a thread of "positives", I think you should stick with that theme. Why don't you try to put a positive spin on you and your girlfriend. To keep it positive, tell us what you did or are going to do that helps either you or her in your journey if you want. But remember -- you can only control what YOU do, not what she does, so don't let her frustrate you. Remember you are being a good example and, sometimes, that is the best we can do.
I had done my post above and hit submit and then refreshed and saw your post. You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. I am truly sorry that I went off theme...it was not intentional.

Positives: I think I convinced her to consider going back to pilates. For me, the more I think about it this all really doesn't matter as much as the fact as that my KIDS are proud of me and have told me so. And I am setting a good example for them. And also that my brother is so happy for me that I am doing it...he is a die hard health nut.

Thanks for listening....I am grateful
J
Old 05-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #499  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque9999 View Post
My original post did start out with my positive for the day. I think I have spent enough time thinking negative today....so I am done!!!!

On an upside, uplifting note, Middle Man and I have been emailing this morn and I think she is going to meet me for pilates tomorrow and then we will go to the gym....I'm proud of her!!! But of course this is ONLY if her son's game is cancelled.
Now that's what I'm talking about!! Positive!!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #500  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devsmama View Post
Now that's what I'm talking about!! Positive!!
For the rest of the day I am POSITIVE I will only have POSITIVE thoughts on the whole issue and not think about any negatives....thanks sooooooooo much!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #501  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

MY BIG POSITIVE FOR THE DAY IS WE ALL AS A COLLECTIVE UNIT GOT TOGETHER AND GOT JACQUE ON THE POSITIVE ROAD. HOT DAMN!!!!! ALL OF YOU LADIES ROCK!!!!! JACQUE, I AM SOOOO VERY PROUD OF YOU, IAM JUST SMILING ALL OVER THE PLACE..

MY NEXT POSITIVE IS THE WRIST IS NOT BROKEN, JUST BADLY BRUISED INSIDE AND I CAN LIVE WITH THAT. THE SPLINT IS HELPING AND I WILL BE BACK TO WORK ON MONDAY!!!!!

Ladies all of you are DIVA's in your own right and I am so blessed to know each of you. You each make great accomplishments every day wether you think they are big or small, they are all huge to me. You are like beacons of light shining thru life, helping to guide one another. I appreciate each and everyone of you.

Here we go!!! This is the last post of POSITIVE UPLIFTING NOTIFICATION PART ONE......PART TWO STARTS RIGHT NOW!!!!!! I WILL BE LOOKING FOR EACH OF YOU.....i ALMOST WANT TO CRY LEAVING ONE!!!!!!

AGS
Closed Thread