3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #198 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/164618-300-getting-fit-after-40-198-a.html)

BarbPA 02-17-2009 09:47 PM

Just popping in to say hi! :wave:

It was a rough day at work. I've been at the company for 11 years and this was by far he most stressful day. 10% of the workforce (200 people) lost their jobs today...many of them my dear friends. I am ever so grateful that I still have a job!

My son refuses to sleep so I'm in bed w/ him watching TBL. He has to fall asleep eventually...right? :^:

Night friends!

Vortex_VVV 02-17-2009 11:08 PM

Running on very little sleep today, so I didn't do any exercise except the walking on campus that I had to do.

Hope you got a rest, Penny.

DG: Yes, do let me know if you pass through. Course I understand it's hard to take time out when you're visiting family.

BarbPA: Yeesh, how tough. I keep hoping we've hit the bottom.

Terri in MO 02-18-2009 07:29 AM

Morning ladies,

I am tired and I am grouchy. A horrible nights sleep and its not Saturday!

Barb - I was thinking the same thing last night about Dixie. I lay there for 45 minutes while she yipped thinking she had to fall asleep eventually, right?! She didn't and I caved. I am glad to see that you survived the layoffs but do understand what a heavy heart you must have. I still think I went through post-traumatic stress after we went through so many months of people being laid off. Its not easy on the people left behind either. :hug: to you.

I'm so grouchy, I'm bailing out on other replies for now. I'll be back after I get to work and have had a big, hot cup of coffee. :D

Heather 02-18-2009 07:37 AM

Morning. I think I'm grouchy too. Yesterday was a very long day, and my eating was way off. And I tweaked my back Monday night... Now it's raining and will turn to snow later. yippee. One dog won't pee when it's raining... lovely...

And there's too much grading to do.

Pushing on!!

Lilion 02-18-2009 09:33 AM

Must have been the night for not eating and getting up grouchy! I actually was asleep shortly before 11, but that alarm going off at 5:10 is always rude. To top it off, I never get up before 6, and don't sleep well fighting the alarm, so it's a wasted effort. I need to get up earlier though. Either that, or start skipping my WO on mornings I wash my hair (every other day). I'm late otherwise, like today.

I'm off for coffee too! :coffee:

dgramie 02-18-2009 10:30 AM

Sorry everyone is having a bad morning.
Youngest daughters car is in the shop and from the sounds of it ...its not good!!! Why is life always so hard?? Trying not to borrow problems and just wait for the man to call and tell us how much its going to cost and if its fixable!!
I am finally getting all my winter stuff put away...its like i have worked on it all week and just now getting it all put up. The dish towels and rugs had to be washed before putting them away. I have it all packed away so maybe winter will end soon!!
I want to get outside so bad!!!!!!!!

Terri in MO 02-18-2009 11:35 AM

I'm sitting here with coffee in hand, contemplating putting a pillow over Dixie's head tonight if she barks. Sweet little girl hound that she is. :dizzy: :tired:

BarbPA 02-18-2009 09:35 PM

Hi Ladies :wave:

Count me in the tired, grumpy and sick group. :^: I did however, have a perfectly on plan day including a session with my trainer!

I hear little feet patting around upstairs...guess who's refusing to sleep again. :tired:

My baby is turning TWO tomorrow. I can't believe it! I have to work, but I'm going to take off work early to hit the gym and then we are taking the boys to Chuck-e-cheese for dinner/play and then each having one cupcake. :D

Guess I'm off to attempt to get a little 3 year old to sleep...and see what he's getting into.

Nighters.

KristasMom 02-19-2009 12:31 AM

Well, I have gotten out of bed. Self pity and fear can be so much fun. The first few days, I didn't eat much, but for the last few days, I've been a sugar and bacon junkie. Have gained back the last 2 lbs I lost, and I haven't been going to the gym. Or posting to share with you guys.

My husband works part-time at Panera, and he has been bringing home extra paninis, bread, sausages, salads, all sorts of stuff. Cost-saving opportunity.

I sent out 3 resumes - one full-time, 2 freelance. Got 3 answers. Have had a couple of interviews. Trying really hard to ignore the outcome - won't hear anything for a week or two. Will keep sending out resumes, and hope I get more responses. It's like, if I say anything, I won't get any jobs, and I am a wreck. To be honest, I didn't expect any responses at all, because Michigan is an employment disaster, but I guess I have skills.

Tomorrow, am going to Unemployment to register - got severence from work, so wasn't eligible til this week, and I couldn't face unemplyment office and job interviews on the same day.

Will try to post more later - this was hard. But maybe I'll be back on track

dgramie 02-19-2009 07:00 AM

SUE_ I am so sorry for what you are going thru. Life seems so hard right now for everyone! I am praying things start looking up for everyone soon!!

barb- have fun at chuckie cheeses.

Teri- how did dixie do last night?

heather_ how are you today?

lilion- hubby makes fun of me because i get up an hour and a half before my 1st kid gets here. I have to have ME time before i can deal with kids!! LOL
my ME time includes 2-3 cups of coffee and computer time. I need to add in exercise in ME time.

Youngest daughters car is dead or dying. We were advised to get rid of it NOW!! She is heading to the bank this morning to see if they will loan her money. Luckily she had gotten a loan in nov and paid it back already just trying to start building her credit.This will be a big change for her..till now all she has had to pay is her cellphone bill and insurance on her car. Life is so hard when you are in college and trying to work partime.

As for me...I think i may be back in the ZONE! EAting has been good the past few days and seems easy..hopefully it will stick this time!! As for now I plan on eating off only the day of the rehersal and wedding. I like how I am feeling !!! I tend to eat off on sat...but am setting my goal as to not cheat this weekend at all!! I use to only have a cheat meal everyone once in a blue moon. I think i know why my weight hasnt dropped like it was...i had been eating off to much!!!

I was thinking about Carol this morning. I hope she is having an awesome vacation. They are talking snow for us on sat...I so want spring!!

Lilion 02-19-2009 09:41 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

Sue :hug: I'm really sorry things are so rough right now. I know it's bad, diet-wise, but kind of nice too that your hubby can bring home the bacon, literally, at this time! (And I really love Panera.) :crossed: I'll keep thinking good thoughts for you!

Happy Birthday Barb's Baby!!! I went to a friend's neice's birthday party at Chucky Cheese this year. It was kind of surreal - Nothing like a giant rat singing songs that they have to change the words too to make them kid-appropriate! (Don't remember which one, but I know there was one that my friend and I were rolling over :rofl: because it was a very sexy song that they tried to make decent!)

dgramie, glad you are back in the food zone! :carrot:

Terri, Did Daisy survive? :lol: Mac and Suz are such barkers when they are playing they just about make me nuts, but they are little mice at night, without even the squeeks! (Some snores though! :rolleyes: )

Nothing new to report here, other than I WANT SPRING! I bought some lettuce and herb seeds and "instant dirt" pellets yesterday to try to get some veggies started early. Not sure if my spinach, etc. from last year is still good, but I'm going to try to get some little plants started in my Jiffy tray so when it's warm enough I can get a head start! I'm just SO looking forward to fresh veggies again!!!

Time to run! I have an easy hearing day and time to type!!!! Later ladies!

Terri in MO 02-19-2009 10:28 AM

Morning ladies,

LOL, Dixie did survive. I've decided she is just a night owl and she's a good little watch dog. So, after she went to bed and then went I was ready to go to bed, I let her out and let her have a couple of minutes outside to run and bark. That's all she does. Then she was ready to come back inside and right back to bed. At 2:00, I heard her start yipping. So instead of fighting it, I got right up and put her out and I went back to bed and sleep. Later on, I woke up, got up and let her back inside and she went right for her bed and so did I. Not ideal sleep but at least I wasn't mad at her which makes it harder to sleep. I'm counting down the days until its not so cold outside at night.

I was so tired last night that I didn't do anything. I also think that I am getting worn down by the job situation. Anticipation and wondering if I could really make the change. So I'm trying hard to shake that today and put it out of my mind.

Sue - I'm glad you posted. I am so sorry you are going through this. :grouphug: You'll be in my prayers. Getting interviews and responses is a good thing. Try to work in some gym time. Keeping on with life can help your emotional state during such difficult times. That is something you can control when other things feel like they are spiraling. Good luck and keep your head held high! :hug:

Barb - Happy baby birthday! Today is my dad's birthday too. I'll have to call mom today to see how old dad would be. I think 83. Have fun today and enjoy the family time! Sounds like you have a night-owl-in-training on your hands!

Debi - LOL, I understand the ME time. DH doesn't understand why I get up early on the weekends instead of sleeping in. Its that time when he's asleep and I have the house to myself. Love that time. Sorry to hear about the car. Especially right when you guys are so focused on the wedding. Good job for getting back in the zone.

Lilion - I am with you. I am so ready for spring. At least today, the sun is shining. Yesterday was so darned gloomy.

Heather - Did you overcome grouchy yesterday? :lol: I did eventually however I didn't overcome tired until bedtime.

Angela - Did you get some rest? Funny that so many of us are having a rough week in that regards. :lol: Hey, you're doing very good with keeping at the exercise.

Penny - I've not heard any feedback on the Acai berry. I've seen lots of advertisements from people like Oprah and Rachel Ray. Its a wonder that some daughters live through the teen years into adulthood! Have you had a better couple of days? Hope so!

Ruth - Hey, are you okay after the storms in Georgia? Let us know!

I better get this posted. :wave: to all!

worthapenny 02-19-2009 06:02 PM

Terri- Thanks, today is better. But it has been a long day. Tomorrow will hopefully be better we are planning on going to see hubby. We will have to be back early Sunday as daughter has to work at 2. Teenager has been busy doing a lot of homework and college class homework the last couple of days, so has kept away from me! hehe

I was thinking of Carol today! I bet she is having a great time! I am gonig to check out the webcam tomorrow. Hi!

dgramie- the wedding is getting closer! All the sewing is done right? Get your hair colored yet? I hope the kids were good for you today.

Well, i have been doing laundry today and feel like I am never going to get it done. The only good part about doing it is, that I have the dryer venting back into the house. It is chilly here so the heat feels good. I am so ready for summer! I can deal with heat so much better than cold! Well, young daughter will be home shortly from GS, so I better get dinner started. I am sure she will be starving!!! Penny

dgramie 02-20-2009 07:13 AM

Good Morning,

Penny_ I hope carol is having a blast!! Cant wait to hear from her!!
THe wedding is 8 days away:fr: Yes all the sewing is done and i do still need to trim the threads on the table runners. I cant do that when i have the kids here.Im planning on doing that tommorow.

Daughter is freaking out...the church holds 250 and she has rsvp for 270. Not sure how we will handle that!!! Food has been ordered for 300 so we are fine there reception seating is for 300
. Im still thinking some who send in rsvps wont actually show up. I also know some who didnt rsvp who will come. Guess it will be standing room at the back for those who want to stand. good thing its will be a short and sweet service. I never dreamed almost everyone would rsvp and be planning on coming. I think only about 30 cards have not been returned. She also didnt plan on so many bringing a date. oh well...it will all work out...I HOPE!!!

Im still in the zone and its so easy..if only we could bottle the easy days for the hard ones. I am so excited and praying to finally get out of the 220s this week.
My new addiction is frozen blueberries..i cant get enough of them and eat them frozen..YUMMY!!! I am also pretty addicted to laughing cow cheese right now.
hugs to all and hope everyone has a OP day!!

Lilion 02-20-2009 09:48 AM

dgramie - just a thought on the seating in the church. At my wedding, there was space for 70 (a TINY chapel) and we thought we'd have more, so we hired a babysitter and had a anteroom for the kids with coloring books, a tv/vcr and some games. That way their bored little bottoms weren't taking up seats from adults and they got to play while their parents were at the service. Actually, since we were married on-campus, the anteroom was off the ballroom for the reception, in the building next to the chapel, so the kids had it for the reception too - which was wonderful and made for a more "up-scale" reception...but that's not important here. My thought is that if the church has a nursery, maybe you could get someone to man it during the service for any children who don't want to sit thru it. Kind of short notice, but it would free up seats....