Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 08:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1195

WELCOME!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Thanks everyone. Nope not giving up and jumping back on and doing my best and it will come off. Gonna do better at working out this week and eating better.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Is everyone still in bed on this cold monday morning..??
Im getting ready for the big snow storm that is suppost to hit the midwest tonight.
Food has been great today and already finished over 64 ounces of water.
Tommorow is my 1yr anv of losing weight and getting healthy. I have lost an average of 1.6lbs a week. I havent lost that much for a few weeks but I know the rest will come off in time.I feel good and I can say I am so happy to have gotten to know each and everyone of you along the way. Thanks so much for your friendship.
Time to get toys picked up and do my dvd. Im shooting for more exercise this week and eating more green veggies and very little meat. Trying to get out of the 220s.
hugs to all
Old 01-26-2009, 11:47 AM   #4  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Question - for the exercise minute thread. Can I count my time at work as exercise? It is involving lifting & moving the client. Rushing up and down stairs for different tasks. Lots of bending & streatching. More strenuous then my normal housework day, not as much as an intense hour at the gym or a workout video. But i sure feel the effect of being on my feet for several hours a shift. Think I will pickup a fresh pair of runners for in house only.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Thankyou all for the welcome back!

Annie, I have to say, I did not recognize your photo AT ALL--you look AMAZING!

Kayley and Misti just recently returning, also? hehe, I don't feel so bad, then!

My life is hectic right now. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes back in May at 25 years old. OUCH. I have become quite good at controlling it for now via diet and oral medications, but it was a swift kick in the pants for me.

Since then, I have decided to have weight loss surgery, and I am scheduled to get the Duodenal Switch on March 19 (which also happens to be my sister's birthday!). I am insanely excited, as this procedure has a VERY good chance of curing my diabetes (up to 98.9% cure rate in one long-term study).

It took me some time to really grasp on to the fact that WLS wasn't "cheating" or wasn't a selfish thing for me to do. I still struggle with these feelings at times, but I keep reminding myself that being diabetic while pregnant is **** on my body (and stresses out the baby), so if there is a way for me to kick the diabetes before starting a family, I'm sure gonna give it a go!

Oh, and someone brought a cake to work today. It's sitting in the kitchen. I go in there frequently to fill my water bottle, so I need to JUST fill the water bottle and run back out! Stupid demonic sugar...
Old 01-26-2009, 12:22 PM   #6  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies. :]
I am very happy to report that WI went well this morning as I have lost 5 lbs! That makes a total of 12 lbs loss. Only 2 more pounds until I reach a stone! I'm British so I work out my weight in stone (14 lbs per stone). I am now 226 lbs (16 st 2 lbs) - woohoo!

ICT was very stressful in school today. My teacher was trying to help my class to prepare the next module of our exam but the majority of idiots weren't paying attention and blabbered on about their weekends. This really annoyed my teacher so she just lost her cool and told us all to get out. Seriously, it was just me, my boyfriend Michael and our friend Lewis, who were really paying attention to my teacher so we were disappointed that we didn't get a better chance of preparation, because the exam is tomorrow! It involves database, which I loathe so much, so you might understand my frustration.

purpleorc
I think that 3FC is such a great website for support and encouragement. I never did well on my previous diets (probably because I wasn't too overweight) but this website is helping me keep my willpower. :]

Walking is always a good exercise because you can do it anytime, it's free of charge and you can do it at whatever pace you're comfortable with.

dgramie
A belated happy birthday to you! I hope you had a great day. :]

JuliaDH
Hello. Nice to meet you! Yeah, I can find a difference in my bowel movement after I have lost 15 lbs. I just hope it's a good thing! Ooh, you're too young to be starting the change!

dogpal
I am ok now because I don't have a much craving for Pepsi anymore so that's good! :]

I wish everyone a good week and take care. :]
Beth
xx
Old 01-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Blc

The results are in ladies!
Old 01-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Julia – I’ll have to get the pics resized, and post them a little later today. The dress was actually a light blue color….which I’m glad, because I look horrendous in yellow! Lol. I’m glad that you are starting to ‘get in to the groove’ at your new job. The first few weeks/months can be rough.

Annie – Ooooh! You’ll have so much fun. I absolutely had a blast.

Dgramie – Congrats!!! 1 year on plan is amazing, and you’ve done a great job thus far! Keep up the great work.

Jill – I don’t think that WLS is a ‘selfish’ thing, or the ‘easy way out’ at ALL. Even after you have the surgery, it’s still a struggle, day by day. I wish you nothing but luck on that particular aspect of weight loss!!!

Beth – Congrats on the -5 lbs, and almost a stone! That’s fabulous! Keep up the good work!

Well, it’s Monday, so I figured I would get my weigh-in that I’m starting with. 354 was my weight sometime in December, and I’m actually 2 lbs above that, unfortunately. Oh well. This week is going to be a good one! By the end of this week, I will have been back in classes for a little over 2 weeks, and I’ll have the swing of things, so to speak, so I can get back into my workout regimen, which will be good. As for now, I’ve got to get back to this homework. Have a GREAT Monday, all!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #9  
Freedom in living

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie54 View Post
The results are in ladies!
We have as a collective lost a whole small person! Great work everyone!
Old 01-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #10  
Freedom in living

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleystar View Post
Julia – I’ll have to get the pics resized, and post them a little later today. The dress was actually a light blue color….which I’m glad, because I look horrendous in yellow! Lol.
I thought you were looking for yellow material to match the dress for alterations? Anyways...I am sure you looked HAWT in it!
Old 01-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaDH View Post
I thought you were looking for yellow material to match the dress for alterations? Anyways...I am sure you looked HAWT in it!
That may have been my mistake. lol. It was a light blue color, though, and luckily, I found material that matched it PERFECTLY. I posted the pics on the pic thread. I looked crappy, but oh well.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Jill- Please be sure you really want to have wls. I know it has worked wonders for alot of people. Just make sure you are aware of the risk and know they can happen to you. I almost lost my brother last month because he had WLS. He is far from being out of the woods right now. He said he wishes he had lapband instead.He has lost 70 lbs but also his kidneys are just now back to working on their own. He truly almost died because of complications of the surgery.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #13  
Freedom in living

Beth - I found once I got complete hydration the craving for sodas ended. Mind you I went from diets to carbonated water, then to no bubbles at all. Unless its really gonna be worth the calories like Champagne!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #14  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
Jill- Please be sure you really want to have wls. I know it has worked wonders for alot of people. Just make sure you are aware of the risk and know they can happen to you. I almost lost my brother last month because he had WLS. He is far from being out of the woods right now. He said he wishes he had lapband instead.He has lost 70 lbs but also his kidneys are just now back to working on their own. He truly almost died because of complications of the surgery.
I am so sorry to hear your brother is having a hard time. The risks are there, but the risks of me living the rest of my life with diabetes (and the risks that could pose to my future yet-to-be-conceived children) outweigh the surgical risks for me. I've done a LOT of research (or else I probably wouldn't even have known the Duodenal Switch existed, as most surgeons only do the RNY gastric bypass and the lap band), and I'm in great hands with an experienced surgeon at Johns Hopkins. I had NEVER considered WLS for myself until the diabetes diagnosis. It is such a horrible illness--I am very well prepared to face the risks of surgery for potential cure for my diabetes. I do appreciate others' concerns, though
Old 01-26-2009, 09:04 PM   #15  
Freedom in living

Hey anybody know how Ratkitten and Dmpls are?
Closed Thread