Old 01-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Default Just a Newbie Saying Hello

Thought I just take a few moments to say hello and introduce myself. I'm a newbie to the 300+ family and finding others to share my struggles and newly begun journey with is the best holiday gift I've recieved in years.

My name is Faith, I'm 35 years old. I've been married for almost 18 years and have three teenagers. Two 16 year old girls and a 14 year old son. In a few years, all my wonderful children will begin their adult lives and my husband and I will finally be able to enjoy life as a couple.

We were wed only a year and nine months before the children started arriving, so we never really had a "honeymoon" phase when we were younger. But I'm being given a chance to have that and before I turn 40. How wonderful. But now I need to finish what I started and get ready for the next chapter.

That's what I'm here to do. I love being accountable. To actually have to look at your progress in black and white, and the numbers don't lie.

I love to talk, if you are looking for someone to chat with for support or encouragement, I'm your girl.

Let the living begin.

Faith
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #2  
Math Tutor Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 330/309/150

Height: 5'9"

Good luck, Faith. I'm new, too. I've recently returned to school and learned a lot of really helpful stuff in a general biology class and a couple of anatomy and physiology classes. I'm trying to apply what I learned in a practical way to lose weight.
BelovedImzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:59 AM   #3  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

Hi faith! I'm new too! I just started my weight loss journey on the 9th of December 3 weeks ago and I've already lost 15.4 lbs! If you need any one I'm here! are you doing low cal? or low carb?
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hellooo and welcome! *supportive hugs*

Folks around here are really friendly and very supportive.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #5  
The Keymaker

S/C/G: 328/250/160

Height: 5'7

Default Welcome!

Good to hear from all the new people! I'm not new but I'm starting my journey today, so we will all be able to support one another. It's not going to be easy. As long as we take it one step at a time and take advantage of what this wonderful site has to offer, we will all be successful!

Keep posting!!
Jess8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #6  
Ready To Be Healthy!!

S/C/G: 312/292/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello Faith...good to meet you. I am also new to the 300+ Family. I am 33 years old and married to a very understand a patient man!! :-) My daughter is 12 years old. I have enjoyed the first 12 years...the next 8 scare the crap out of me!!

My daughter made a comment one day of how she didn't want me to die because of smoking and being over weight...that comment first made me cry...then it made it me think. I made a list of the things I still wanted to do with my life. My husband and I are working together to complete our lists...a common goal was to get healthy. We quit smoking and in a week and 3 days...we will have been non-smokers for 3 months!!

I love to talk as well...so if you ever just need to vent, want to chat...let me know!!
Willow98248 is offline   Reply With Quote