3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #192 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/160370-300-getting-fit-after-40-192-a.html)

Heather 01-05-2009 07:50 AM

300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #192

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.

Heather 01-05-2009 07:51 AM

Morning chickies!

Today is the first day of the term, and it's always hard to go back. BUT, I am going to go exercise for 1/2 in a few minutes. I'm trying out a new routine to get more exercise in. I have all my classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays this term... so, we'll see how this goes.

Happy (?) Monday!

Heather 01-05-2009 07:56 AM

heh. Terri and I closed the old thread and opened a new one at the same time!!! if you look at the old thread, you'll see 2 STOP messages!! I deleted one of the new threads -- didn't want to confuse us all!! :)

Iwillbe 01-05-2009 08:20 AM

Good morning everyone, How goes it this Monday morning?

TEE HEE, Heather and Terri were going to make sure we had a fresh start this morning, and we thank them too. ;)

I think I am doing well with whatever my diet is???? I am trying anyway. If I can keep my calories down, then I am a happy camper. I am shooting for 1400 to 1600 right now. My Drs suggestion. I must tell you that it is a fact that the older you get the harder it is to lose the weight. I am living proof. Lets not even talk about saggy thighs and butt. Wowser.! Do they have a crying smilie on here. LOL!

Hope you are all having a wonderful start to the week.

You know what? I think I am losing my ability to spell too. :p Maybe it is something in the water! More than likely old age! Phooey. Ta for now, Ruth

Terri in MO 01-05-2009 10:07 AM

Morning folks,

Great minds were thinking alike this morning! :D

Back to work for a full week in what feels like forever. Probably only two weeks but it feels like a long time.

I feel like I have a small sinus infection lurking around as I could hardly drag myself out of bed this morning and my head feels full.

BarbG - Love the new pic on your avatar. As far as a new ticker, there is the ticker factory.com that you can use or 3FC has their own tickers in the same "User CP" area where you can edit your signature. Either way creates the code and you copy the code over to the area in the "edit signature" box.

Angela - I've been trying to talk to my mom about moving back closer to at least one of her kids so we could help her. But she's currently living close to a lot of her brothers and sisters and is getting time with them that she didn't get to have before. That social time is so important for them. Holy cow, 90,000 words!

Val - Love the Hershey name. Sounds like a great horse; hope he works out for Shelby.

BarbPA - :lol: Nope, I wasn't exactly sitting in the room watching the game. I could hear it though and did check the score when I walked through periodically. Does it count if I know the QB's name is McNabb? :lol:

Carol - Great job on the exercise minutes! What a great incentive you have for avoiding the winter blah's.

Sue - You betcha, we'll cheer you on and definitely need you cheering us on too!

Heather - :woohoo: for exercising! :yikes: 5000 minutes!

Ruth - Sorry for forgetting you as you are on the new thread and I was looking back at the old thread! Its good to hear that you're getting your focus back.

I better get this posted and busy. :wave: to all for now!

Heather 01-05-2009 11:13 AM

Terri -- I'm back to work too, and it's hard to come back!

As for the 5000 minute exercise goal, I KNOW everyone else here would LOVE to assist us in meeting this goal. Right? Of course you do!

Please help us out! If you exercise at all, please log your exercise in the exercise thread! We need everyone's help to reach our goal!! You don't need to sign up or promise anything (though many of us do set goals...)

Lilion 01-05-2009 11:15 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

OP yesterday and today I got up, had a healthy bowl of oatmeal and did 20 minutes again on my Infernal Machine (elliptical). :carrot: I'm quite happy with myself. :smug: I was driving to work today and thought, "Gosh I feel good! Why did I ever stop my morning work-outs!" We'll see if I can keep it up. Getting up early enough is SO hard for me! If my hubby keeps getting up early with me it will really help. Bless his heart - if I were the one going to work at noon, I think I'd leave him alone and sleep in! :o

I have my meals planned for the day, so plan on being OP. I guess going into debt for DS braces has been a good thing. We had to plan dinners two weeks in advance so we could grocery shop on a budget!

Tomorrow night I have a dinner to attend at the Marine Corps League. My group is getting an award from the Marine Corps for our contribution to Toys for Tots. (Is there a proud smiley on here?) :) Since I don't know what dinner will be there I am working very hard to stay under my target points for this week. I want those OTHER 3 lbs GONE by Saturday's WI!

Hope everyone is having a good start to thier week!

dgramie 01-05-2009 12:16 PM

Back to work for me today as well.I run an inhome daycare.I can tell the kids(3) have been spoiled by family. It will take me all week to get them back to sharing and playing nice. Its so hard being age 2!!

I guess exercise will have to wait until they go home today..i tried but didnt accomplish much.LOL I have a nice pot of soup cooking.thanks gggirl for the recipe.

KristasMom 01-05-2009 03:33 PM

Valerie - Hershey sounds wonderful. Arabians are so beautiful, I would for sure love to have one around my barn. If I still did that. Hope Hershey ends up as part of the family.

Heather, Lilion - so glad you are on track. One day it's impossible, then the next day YOU DO IT. Being in my groove makes me feel better, too. Why do I keep trying to veer off into the weeds?

Barbara, sorry about the number, but I remember my starting-over number was really depressing. Now, it's just what I use to tell myself how far I've come.

Vortex - welcome back. I'll take water weight loss.

Being at the office is kind of nice. We are rearranging lots of things, and I am in a different group. But I like the manager, and I think it'll be okay. He's actually interested in what I do!

Well, hugs to all. Heather, if I exercise, I'll post! I promise.

Heather 01-05-2009 04:28 PM

Sue -- I think we veer into the weeds because they look pretty or attractive in some way and we forget we might get stuck...

Lilion 01-05-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather (Post 2529772)
Sue -- I think we veer into the weeds because they look pretty or attractive in some way and we forget we might get stuck...

:lol: I think I fall asleep and run off the road! ;)

Vortex_VVV 01-05-2009 07:04 PM

Doing pretty well today, eating-wise. Still need to do some exercise. We're having tuna casserole for dinner, but I made it as light on carbs as I could and used whole-wheat egg noodles. So here's hoping it doesn't ruin my mom's blood sugar reading at bedtime :) And I *will* exercise this evening.

Lilion--Sounds like a good feeling! Can't wait to say the same.

Terri--Hope that sinus infection goes away. Yes, I think socializing is as important as anything else in staying healthy and happy. Unfortunately, my mom has a tendency to be reclusive no matter what, so she doesn't even get enough of it when she's in Ohio... but even less here, of course. I'll try to get her out of the apartment this week, but there's snow forecast for tomorrow, and that's usually enough to nix anything I suggest.

Heather--Tues/Thurs! Yay! Enjoy.

Val--Sorry, I missed the new horse posting. How nice!

Till tomorrow--

gggirls 01-05-2009 07:50 PM

Back to work today and loving it - except for the drama of managing young female employees. Try to explain that using your personal cell phone for 4 hours while you work keeps you from doing your work which requires being on the phone with customers. UGH!!!!!!!!!!

I think I will like the change to Thursday for WI day - it was nice to come home and exercise - normally I don't exercise the night before WI. By Wednesday I'll be ready for a break.

Debi - glad you like the soup - Penny asked for the recipe too. It's a keeper - have you tried the other one yet? I hope to this week.

So what's for dinner tonight? Here it is cabbage with turkey smoked sausage and red peppers.

Hugs,
Carol

NoLifeWithoutHorses 01-05-2009 09:51 PM

No chocolate for me, of the sugary or the horsey type. She sold the horse to someone else already. BUT, at least I didn't fall into the germy chocolate jar at work. I was there for over 12 hours complete with computer glitches, tax snaffues and hormonal urges. I did OK tho - which means I can do it again tomorrow!

I tried some curry shrimp & veggies for dinner tonight. Not impressed. I love Thai curry, the red and the green, but this was plain old yellow curry, like the East Indian kind, even tho it came from my fav Chinese restaurant.

I can't believe it's bedtime again already!

LILION - Congrats on the way you're attacking that IM!

Hang in there, gang! We're off to a good start this year over all.

Terri in MO 01-05-2009 10:12 PM

Hi all,

I've been doing some studying, some house cleaning, and some additional setup on the new budget spreadsheets. I'm trying to wrestle with the voice inside my head that is arguing over exercise or the couch. And then I read that Valerie is off to bed already! Oy! The struggle inside my head.

I've done my calorie count for the day. :D I'm happy. Dinner was a chicken breast, small baked potato with spray butter and a sprinkle of cheese, and steamed mixed veggies. Dessert was a 60 calorie fudgcicle.

Okay, I'm headed for the stationary bike. I have been trying to study here in the dining room but DH has the TV blasting in the bedroom and its disrupting my thought process. My choices are 1) yell through the door, which I am capable of :D 2) fling open the door and yell or 3) walk away. Walking away is probably better marriage skills, huh?

Off I go.