Old 01-19-2009, 11:25 AM   #61  

Height: 5'3"

The other day, I had a couple of ounces of peanuts instead of the big bag of sour cream and onion chips I really wanted to eat.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:58 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

My victory today is taking advantage of a warmer day and going for a 2 mile walk.
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:02 PM   #63  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Ok.. so I'm more of an all over the place poster than a specific group type gal, but I hope you don't mind my 298 pound butt waltzing in on ya.

My victory of the day would be not eating everything in the house, including the house. It's that TOM... Makes me want to eat anything and everything.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:09 PM   #64  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

I ran into a woman who used to work with my daughter. Well, we all worked in the same place, I was in the office and my daughter and this woman, Anita, worked in production. Anyway, I hadn't seen Anita but 2-3 times since my daughter's wedding in 2006. She didn't recognize! She said "You're not Naomi's mom. Then you've lost a lot of weight."
I was so excited! I haven't had someone "notice" my weight loss in a long time. It was the great event of the day.
sandybar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:17 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Beautiful ace, you are more than welcome here! WTG!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:18 AM   #66  

Yesterday I ate two homemade chocolate chip cookies. Obviously that's not the victory. The victory is that I didn't throw in the towel on the day, and didn't end up overeating!!! (not really a deficit, either, but still!)

Now I just need to skip the cookies!
Old 01-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #67  

Height: 5'8.5"

Oh I love reading these! Heading for dinner now but can't wait to come back and go all through this thread! Also have several to share! Great idea for a thread.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #68  

Okay, I am back and smiling all over the place at reading these. I have several, not necessarily from today but have some catching up to do.

1. Seeing a medical nutritionist has made a huge difference for me. I am amazed at all the good input she is giving me. Also, I have completely stopped eating at ALL between meals and have developed the habit; not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Also joined a natural foods market and eat almost all non-processed, organic whole foods.

2. Ah the office candy jar. <G> Someone put a candy jar right across from my cubicle where I can see it all day, and always keeps it filled. It no longer even appeals to me and in fact is kind of disgusting.

3. The last three weeks or so I have been making a breakfast gift basket for a charity auction -- loading it full of yummy breakfast items AND all kinds of gourmet chocolate. It never really even occurred to me to EAT any of it.

4. I got the neatest little electric mini chopper and am finding all kinds of ways to be creative... chops up my fruit and veggies into very small pieces.

5. I'm learning to try all kinds of new foods, some of which I had never even heard of (such as quinoa) and finding yummy ways to fix them.

6. I took my picture tonight in the mirror and was STUNNED at how much thinner my face and shoulders looked than in the previous one taken in November!

Guess that will do for now LOL
Old 01-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #69  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

I am spending this weekend at my father's. Yesterday, everyone decided to have an Indian take-away. I usually have chicken tikka marsala, rice, chips and onion bahjee but this time, I had a few chicken tikka, small onion bahjee and a quarter of naan bread.

Beth
xx
Baz xo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:22 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 313/287/180

I walked right past the fresh made potato chip samples at the grocery store! Past the cheese dip samples and then past the fresh bread and butter samples.
terry09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #71  

This morning when I went to tie my sneakers, I just put each foot up onto a kind of high kitchen stool to do it. I could GET my feet up there without running into any stomach LOL plus with my degenerative arthritis in the hip was neat that I could get my leg up that high.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #72  

I had to go to a luncheon today. And I did great!

In front of us were smalll salads at our plate -- I ate mine with a tiny bit of dressing -- and 1 small dinner roll (I used a small bit of butter).

Then we went up to get the rest of our food. I chose steamed vegetables, roasted sweet potatoes, and roasted, carved turkey (with a dollop of gravy). I skipped the mashed potatoes, veggie lasagna, and prime rib. I also skipped the strawberry cheesecake (which was in front of my place setting all during lunch).

All in all, I was quite pleased, given that I had no idea what my options would be beforehand!

Last edited by Heather; 01-24-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:09 AM   #73  

Height: 5'7"

I had to go to another bridal shower last night. I didnt even touch the dessert after everyone there bragging on it.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:49 PM   #74  

My victory of the day was taking the dogs for a walk separately so I walked twice as long and twice as far. YAY!
Accounttess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/169

Height: 5'7"

Today I made my hubby's fave dessert: sweet potato pie.
And I didnt touch a bite!!
mystyblue85 is offline   Reply With Quote