300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #190

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Howdy Chicks!

(((BARBg))) - It's great to see you here! Welcome home! I tried out SP as well and just didn't like the forums nearly as much as here. I (heart) 3FC.

dgramie - Hope the stomach is feeling better. Weather has been nutso here too!

gggirls - You too with the plumbing...ugh. Hope is was fixed up for ya.

Terri - UGH...I hope they were able to do something today.

Heather - HI! I agree...it's nice to enjoy a quiet holiday! Ours isn't necessarily quiet with 2 toddlers running around, but staying at home is nice.

Judy - HI! I hope you had a great holiday!

It was a nice day here! I had a training session with my favorite trainer. I always learn something from him and have a great time when we work out! After that I ran some errands with our houseguest, played with the kids and we went out to dinner. Now I have a 3yo screaming in his room...off to put him back to bed. UGH...mommy needs sleep tonight!

Toodles...
  • HI..my tummy is much better tonight. Its was a good 48 hour bug and no fun!! I was able to do a little exercise today. My daughter got me a walk diet dvd. I did the one mile it was really easy even with being weak from being sick. I cant wait to try the 2 mile walk. I have hand weights i will add soon. I think i might even be able to do it while babysitting.
  • Thought I'd share some pics of the boys on Christmas...

• Hi!

BarbG - Great to see you again!

BarbPA - You'll be hitting that 80 pound marker anytime now. And passing me on by too!!

We have plumbing again. Not sure that it is 100% fixed but he did what he could given the rain, mud and not being able to find the septic tank. We're going to address that issue next week. At least we get to stay at home.

One of the benefits of this is that I missed the big family gathering on my side. And all that food. Although, I am stuck in the house with two cheesecakes that I made to take today. One is a NY cheesecake and the other is a red velvet cheesecake. I've tried the NY one and it is going in the freezer tomorrow. I am going to have a small piece of the red velvet one tomorrow and if its good, its going in the freezer too. And they will go out in the freezer in the garage/barn. I don't go sneaking out in the dark to get stuff out of the freezer. I did by myself fudcicles this afternoon because I am ready for holiday foods to be done with.

I did make it to the fitness center today. 35 minutes on the treadmill and then a round on the circuit machines. I also had a chat with the owner and found out where they live. Nice area of the small town. I doubt then that the fitness center is their only means of support.

I'm going to settle down on the couch now to read a book. The dogs are driving me nuts with the in and out then. I'd love to have a dog door but goodness knows what else might come through it.

to all!
  • We didn't have plumbing problems - we had an ice dam - turns out that the cover on the gutter over the corner had slipped, but we caught it with just a significant drip and were out on ladders cleaning the icicles and gutters out. But it looks like the ceiling won't fall in.

Also had prime rib, and I made a Yorkshire pudding. I only do it once a year, and it's a special treat. Worked out hard yesterday - I'm now swimming a half mile whenever I do laps, and I rowed for 20 mins, and rode on the stationery bike for 25. There are some muscles under my flab! I'm down another pound.

Ageoldie - welcome back!

Thanks for the pix, Barb! I miss having a young'en to surprise.
    DD's 19, so her Christmas was mostly preplanned - she pretty much selected what she wanted, although she was pretty pleased with the Isotoners I got her - drat! I was hoping she'd not care, and then I could abscond with them.

Tests were OK - I have to have another test in 6 months, because there's something there, but they believe it's just scar tissue from my surgeries. I used lidocaine patches for 2 hrs before squishing - diagnostic mammos can hurt, and the patches made a huge difference. But I'm really grateful that I'm so lucky - one of the young women in my support group died Christmas Eve, and the funeral is Monday. She was only 34, and was originally diagnosed with a less serious cancer than mine. 85% of all women are fine - I prefer being in the majority on this one.

So, Frohliche Weinachten to y'all, and I'll be posting again before the Gutes Neues Jahr!
  • Hi ladies,

The weekend, and my time off, is coming to a close. Back to work and routine tomorrow. Hey, at least I have a job to go to, right?!

We've had a pretty nice day. The sun was out and it was a bit warmer. However, it is very, very muddy from the storms that moved through yesterday morning. Not good for doggies or horses. I cleaned house, took down all the Christmas decorations and made a trip into town to the fitness center.

I'm thrilled that I did 30 minutes on the elliptical. Its been a long time since I made it that long. My next goal on it will be do be able to do an intense workout for the whole 30 minutes. I had to do some interval work in order to make it that long. I have this mental spot at about 12 minutes on anything that I'm doing where I think I can't possibly go any longer. Anyone else have that? Its torture from 12-15 minutes. Annoying.

I see a few of us have joined in for the Biggest Loser challenge.

I need to go finish the laundry and end the evening reading. Tomorrow, the studying begins.

to all!
  • Good Evening Gals!

Popping in for a few minutes while the kiddos are watching a little evening TV before baths and bedtime. Today was nice...I spent the morning hanging out with the boys while DH slept late and ran some errands. When he got home it was my turn to go out...I hit the gym for cardio and then BJs (wholesale place) to do some shopping. We've been rooting on the Eagles tonight...what a game!!!

The scale has been so incredibly wonky the past few days. I think TOM is messing with my body a bit. Yesterday I was in the 250s for the first time in a LONG, LONG time. Today it showed I'd gained 3lbs in 24 hours. I know better than to stress over short term fluctuations, I just want to see the 250s again...for good!

Terri - Awesome job doing 30 min on the elliptical! Keep on keeping on...you'll be doing those high intensity workouts in no time! When I started I was barely doing 15 minutes on the lowest level. Now I'm doing 45 minutes on a mid-range level. I am totally with you on the mental block with time. Once I get past 10 minutes I'm usually good but somedays I have a hard time when I hit about 25. Then once I'm past 30 I feel awesome. I just crank up the music and keep going! Yep...I joined the BL challenge, but I was worried it didn't apply to our group. I don't really post in the weekly thread, just this one. I was going to send a PM and ask but just haven't gotten around to it. Bummer on going back to work!

I'm pretty much blowing off work for another week! I will check email and do a little work from home, but I'm not going in the office. I plan on hitting the gym everyday (as usual) and also want to do some shopping for a few clothing items that actually fit. I may try to schedule a massage and get a mani/pedi...maybe even a movie. I'm treating myself good this week!

Off to bathe the boys and hopefully get them to bed w/o a fight.

Nighty Night!
  • Barb - I did send a PM to Debbie about including us as well. I haven't heard back though. We shouldn't be excluded; especially since there are three of us that were posting on that thread almost from the beginning and only moved over here when it got to busy. If not, maybe we'll do our own.
  • Stop! Do not post here! Join us on the next volume of "Gettin' Fit after 40!"