300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #189

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Just dropping back in to say that I haven't gotten myself totally back on track, but I am working on it. It is much harder than I had thought it would be. I don't know why that surprises me, it is always that way after a fall or fail.

Terri, I am so sorry about the test results, but we know you will make it yet.

Barb, you are amazing. boy, you really are in the zone. I can remember being there a time or two in my lifetime. Sigh! I am trying to get back there.

Lilion, Enjoy your holiday parties, just duck those calories. LOL! they can come at you fast.

Hi Judy, Val, and Sue How is the holiday season treating you? got all of your shopping, cookie baking and so forth done?

I am not ready for anything! I don't know what is wrong with me this year, but I seem to have lost my love of the season, or at least misplaced it. For one thing it seems like we just had Christmas! Where did that year go? I remember my Mom saying that time passed faster the older you get, well boy, if that is so (and it sure seems to be). We will be having Christmas every two or three months around my place.

My children are all having Christmas at home this year, so no company, just DH and myself. That is really going to seem strange. I can just see the two of us sleeping away in our recliners through most of the day. LOL! Things change as your kids get older and have their own families and that is as it should be I guess. We were invited to their houses, but I felt that I just wanted to stay home. I mean who would you go to stay with? You pick one you have the rest upset, know what I mean? I will just stay here. LOL! It is safer.

Ta for now, Ruth
  • I'm with you Ruth....my mom always told me time goes faster when you get older. I totally get it now. I don't know where the time goes. I'm not as ready as I'd like to be but I still have a couple days, right? I'm not doing Christmas cards this year...I'm waiting to do New Year's cards. We still have to do Santa shopping and I have to come up with something for DH.

The actually holiday will be fairly low key. We are staying home and having one friend over who is staying with us for a few days. We'll just hang out, play, relax, I'll be at the gym.

Yes...I am in a zone and I never want to get out of it!!! Who's going to join me in the zone???

Time for a few minutes of relaxing before I pass out in bed.
  • Stop! Do not post here! Join us on the next volume of "Gettin' Fit after 40!"