300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #189

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • P.S. on the carbs. The other thing to watch for is higher fiber content with a lower sugar content. That is the most healthy type of carbs.
  • Just popping in to say Hi! I'll stop back later when I have more time. Things are a little crazy at the moment and I've got a doozy of a head cold...AAAACCCCHHOOOOO.
  • Teri- thanks for the info. I am thinking that i need to try something a little different. I have really slacked off the past month or so...counting calories is working but i do need to concentrate more on better carbs and i know i need more fiber. With my husband being a diabetic i need to get his carbs under control also.

I run an inhome day care and my little ones are wild today..you think they know today is the day we exchange gifts or something.LOL
  • Hi ladies,

So what's happened to everybody?

OMG, I am go happy that it is Friday. I am off next week and you'd think I haven't had a vacation all year. But I am so ready. This week was just a difficult week as far as getting up and getting around. I guess its the weather as I feel old and creaky today.

I'm still doing well with getting a grip on the foods. If I can breathe tonight, I'm starting back on the cardio.

Dgramie - Maybe its a full moon!

to all!
  • I'm home today too.

I had days off to use and since the storm was scheduled to arrive here at 11 and be at it's worse during the drive home I took the day off. Before the snow I went to the grocery for a few things like yogurt for the old dog's tummy and laundry soap as I plan to do dog towels and bedspreads today. I did fall for a donut but I didn't get any snacks so the apartment is still cookie, chip and chocolate free.

Towels are done. Spread is drying and I think the Pointers and I may nap this afternoon or watch the predicted 6-10 inches of snow pile up.

Not much on the schedule this weekend. Need to pick up a few hot spots around the house and break down some boxes for recycling. Doesn't that sound interesting?
  • Judy - The nap with the Pointers sounds right up my alley. I do believe the hounds and I will be having a few naps in the front living room this next week!
  • Hi Gals!
    Flying by again....all is good. I made it through the week with a teeny loss of 0.6 pounds rounding out my total loss to 72 pounds. I was a touch disappointed because it's my smallest loss to date, but I also survived 4 Holiday parties this week!

DH took off work early so we are going to take the boys to visit Santa and then I'm hitting the gym and grocery shopping for cookie supplies - this is my baking weekend. I just won't be sampling the cookies this year! They are for DH's work.

Catch ya later!
    Barb
  • Afternoon all!

It sounds like I'm not the only one glad it is Friday. I swear, I feel like this week was at least 10 days long instead of five! Everyone I know feels the same way too. Wonder if it's the weather?

I have a holiday party tonight, then one again on Monday. I think I'll use my no-weigh pass at WW tomorrow. I've had a rough week and fully plan to drink tonight and eat chips and RELAX! I'm all reapplied for work...and just keep wondering WHY I was so worried about my job...they don't do anything to make our lives easier here - only harder every day.

Gripiness talking. I swear - I used to be a nice, laid-back person!

Have a good weekend all!
  • Good Morning! Wishing everyone a happy & healthy day!!! Don't let the holiday craziness get to you!
    Barb
  • Hi ladies,

I just got back from the fitness center. I have been just a few times this month. I was surprised at how few times I've been. Not really sure why other than procrastination.

I did 15 minutes on the elliptical. I was happy with that because its been a long time since I've really worked hard on the elliptical. My plan is to get back to a 30 minute workout on the ellipt and hopefully up to 45. Then I did 15 minutes on the stationary bike before moving to the circuit machines. I upped the setting to 50 pounds. I also did some work with hand weights. It felt great.

I said to DH that I think the reason why I get to procrastinating about the fitness center is that each time I go there I expect to see a sign that they are closing. I don't know how they stay open because I am the only one in the place when I go. I keep thinking that a bunch of people paying montly fees now and not going will soon be able to stop paying and the owners won't be able to keep it open. I think that fear keeps me from totally committing to going. I need to get over that and if they close, worry about it then.

I need to spend some time going over my food logs and getting that all done up for the week. That is another part of my plan; to get back committed to journalling the food.

Tomorrow is baking day. I am going to make banana breads and fudge. I plan to sample the fudge and then pack it up. I'm making all this for DH's mom and two brothers.

Do you all remember me posting about DH's brother that had the strokes three years ago and then his son has pilfered all his dad's money? The dad has no money left to pay for LT care and he should have been set for quite a while. Well, the son is soon to be prosecuted for grand larceny for stealing from his dad. The police have tremendous amount of evidence against the son and are just waiting for the new prosecutor to take office. The police officer told BIL's daughter that they have more evidence against her brother than they usually do in murder cases. He think's the son will get 2-8 years in jail. What's sad, is that BIL now realizes what his son has done to him.

I'm off to finish up the Christmas cards and doing something productive.

to all!
  • I got my CPA score today. Actually, after reading on the Facebook group that that some people were getting scores, I checked online and yep, there was mine. Can you guess the outcome? @#@#@#%##@@#$! Can you guess what I will be doing, starting tomorrow?
  • Hey Groovy Chicks!

I'm up to my eyeballs in cookies right now. I really wanted to be done today but I'm not as far along as I'd like. I ran out of vanilla and then got sidetracked going out to dinner with DH and the boys. Now I'm back to baking and will probably be doing it again tomorrow. I have NOT eaten one single cookie!!! I may have one or two tomorrow, but maybe not! I'm learning that I AM IN CONTROL.

Speaking of being in control...I'm am so proud of how I've changed my ordering habits at restaurants. I usually make requests that are not specifically on the menu and places always accomodate me. Tonight we were at an Italian place and I asked for a grilled chicken breast and steamed broccoli - no butter. They were happy to do it for me and I was happy to stay with my healthy choices while dining out. I added few of the boys plain pasta noodles for a well rounded meal! I think I'll finish my evening with an apple and some p'nut butter (my fav evening snack).

I had an awesome workout this morning with my trainer. We've changed the routine up a bit and tossed in some cardio to keep my HR up. It's a fun and energizing workout. I love the gym...I really do!

So, what did everyone ask Santa to bring them for Christmas? I told hubby that I don't need anything. I just want my personal training sessions. I'd get them anyway, but that's how important it is to me.

Terri- Great job hitting the fitness center! Forget the fears about them closing. You can't control what may or may not happen. Commit to it...get in there and take advantage of it while you can!!!! ~ Such ashame about your BIL & his son.

Lilion - I agree...it was a long week. I hope you had fun last night at the party.

Judy - How are you doing with the storm up there? Stay warm and safe!

Yikes...I forgot I was typing this as I was baking cookies. Sorry to cut it short. Hi to everyone.....

G'night my fine feathered friends!
  • Terri....UGH! Sorry it wasn't the outcome you'd hope for. You will get 'em next time...for sure! We are cheering you on!
  • Mornin',

Looks like a stay at home day today. Snowy morning and brrrrrr cold, windy afternoon.

BARB We only got about 6" of snow from the last storm. Roads were bad for a while as it came down at 1" to 2" an hr. on Friday. By yesteday most roads were in good shape and everyone was out and about.

Good for you asking for sessions w/your trainer for Xmas. You have really adopted a whole new lifestyle. I'm proud of you.

TERRI I'm so sad about your BIL. Too bad his arrest won't get your FIL's money back.

Now that you've taken the test you can study hard and work on those problem areas. Sorry you didn't pass it first time around.

LILION It was a long week. No doubt about it. Enjoy your parties just don't over do too much and you'll be fine.

Later,
  • Morning ladies,

Its a cold morning here. Its up to 10 degrees now. But the sun is shining. I'm going to have a nice hot shower and around noon, I'm headed in to town to the fitness center while DH watches football. There won't be much done outside today. A good day for some cooking, housecleaning and a nap - after the workout of course!

to all!