300 + Weekly Thread #1189

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Hi I have AWESOME NEWS!!! My brother is still off the vent and today has been waking up for a minute or two at a time. He has told his wife he loves her!! I am so happy..I dont need anything else for Christmas!! IF things continue to improve he maybe able to get transfered to a local hospital. He will be on dialysis for along time to come his kidneys have not started working at all yet.

Mimi_ I was wondering about you ...I hope you get feeling better fast. I had truly missed you!!! HUGS!!

Annie_ great job on getting out of the 20s. You will be in onederland in no time!!! Hope your back gets better fast.

Beth_ hi..( i have a daughter named Beth also)

Purple- hi..hope your getting some rest

catherine and anne_ wish you were close enough to help with all the sewing i have been putting off.LOL I will have to get busy after christmas. The wedding is now down to 8 weeks away.

I didnt weigh last week because i was out of town . My weight today puts me at my lowest..and its 224.4. A loss of 1.6 for the 2 week period. Those days of eating right has paid off this week.Today is day 4 OP. I am a bit low on my water intake today.
    Tommorow my son has asked me to watch my granddaughter..it will be our first time getting to watch her. I am so excited I most likely wont be able to sleep tonight.
    hugs to all
  • I sure do know Ammi. Nice to meet you. It's so cool that you are here.
  • dgramie
    That's wonderful news about your brother! I'm so glad that he's feeling much better, and managed to tell his wife that he loves her. I hope things will improve greatly for your brother.

Nice to see that I have the same name as your daughter. Is her name actually Bethan or something? My name is just Beth, it's not short for anything.

You will need to sleep tonight to have energy to look after your granddaughter tomorrow!

Tracey
    Thought you would know my mother. I am her daughter, Beth. She probably mentioned me several times! How are you?

Beth
    xx
  • Well, I posted 'before' pics.. and omg if that isnt a sight lol... pls, if any of you want to post before pics but dont wanna be singled out, add em to my post if you want then im not all alone in my short shorts lol...

i want to cringe when i look at them , but as soon as i posted them i hit the stationary bike for a while lol... talk about motivation.. im actually kinda glad i posted em.. take a gander and tell me what ya think lol
  • americaninuk_ I think you are a beatiful woman. I am proud of you for posting before pictures. Now be sure and pick a time to post the next ones...It will be great to compare as you lose weight!!

beth_ my daughter is elizabeth ..she just goes by beth.

tracey_ hi and nice to meet you!!
  • More about the BLC
    It will start on Sunday, January 4th and go til March 29th which is another Sunday. Each week, you need to weigh in by sunday so I can calculate to see who the biggest loser for each week is and I will post the winner on Monday. Even if you have another day you use for WI, you can use that day, just post what you weigh by that sunday of each week.
    Also, I'll be asking for your weights by January 2nd and hopefully will have a sticky put in for that once I find out how many people are going to join and then it will be easier to keep track of instead of bumping up the thread all the time. (once I let Heather know...lol)
    If you have any other questions, just ask away!!

Ammi, LOL, yes I see you got away from the Wii!! YAY!!! And also congrats on not turning to food after having such a rough time of it.

brandnewme, so glad to see you are still here if just lurking. Sometimes that's just what we have to do to make it thru a rough patch. Hang in there and I hope things settle for you. We miss you!!

Cyn, yes, it's just the girls here, so I've got you on my list.

Americaninuk, glad the interview went well for you and I wish you all the luck in the world in landing the job!!

Jacquie, good for you on having such a great experience at the clothing store!! Don't they have great stuff at the Avenue? It's one of my favorite stores to go too.

Zelma, have a great trip!!

Annie, The BLC will start on January 4th which is a Sunday.
    Hope you got some good stuff for your back. Take care!! Yay on moving that ticker down some more!!
    OMG on the snow!!!! We've got at least 2 feet of it out there and expecting more. How bout you?

Mimi, where do they go from here with your biopsy news?

Toni, on the 100 lbs gone!!!

Catherine, how exciting!!! I think it's great that you are officially an paid author!!!

Beth, hope your day was ok even though you didn't get too much sleep. O that step sister of yours....hmphmmpt!!!

Tracey, welcome back!! It's good to see you and that you're ready to jump back up on the bandwagon!!!

Debi, wonderful wonderful news about your brother!!! I hope he gets transferred soon to closer hospital and his kidneys kick in to gear soon!! Still sending prayers your way!! Have fun watching the grandbaby!!

We're just waiting for the next big storm to come in. We're hoping we don't lose power this time but just in case, my Dad has a kerosene heater. It's only 19 degrees out there so keep your fingers crossed that our power stays on. My parents furnace went out so they just have electric heaters on right now. I told them to come and stay with us, but you know how those old people can be. LOL. I guess I will go and try and make some more cinnamon roll dough. The first batch didn't turn out well so I'll try again. Does anyone know what to do with dough that doesn't rise?
    toodles
    Debbie
  • Americaninuk
    I know I've already posted in your photo thread but I just wanted to say, again, that you are so brave! You are beautiful too, so you shouldn't cringe when you look at the photos! It's probably hypocritical, coming from me, because I HATE seeing myself, naked or fully clothed! My self-esteem is so low. That's one thing I'm going to work on once I start the journey to losing weight. I will say this again... you are B-E-A-utiful!

dgramie
    Elizabeth is a lovely name! I have a friend who's called Elizabeth but she usually goes by Liz.

Debbie
    Haha, tell me about it. My step-sister really annoys me sometimes, no matter how hard I try to put up with her.
    The BLC sounds interesting... I wonder if I could join? BUT... you said you will be asking for our weights by December 2nd. The date is way gone?

Beth
    xx
  • Debi, I am so thrilled that your brother is doing better! My thoughts and prayers will still be with him! And with you and your family as well.

Debbie, I am up and fighting! Count me in the the BLC. I think it's just what I need to get my butt in gear again. I miss you guys too when I'm not around.. I don't know why I let myself wait so long to come back here!

Beth, glad to 'meet' you - your mom has been a source of inspiration to me on many occasions. I'm glad you pulled her back here too! I know you said your self-esteem is very low, but you should know that you're beautiful too!

Americaninuk, welcome! I know none of us like our before pictures, so you're very brave for posting them! Mine are somewhere in the pics thread I believe. That was a big step for me.. posting them is like admitting "Ok, I have a problem."

Teahoney, I'm so glad to see you back! It's been ages. How've you been? What have you been up to?

Zelma, hope your trip is going great so far! Have fun, and don't forget to take care of you. You definitely deserve it!

Annie, as usual, your pics are great! I love the pic of you and DH. How's your back feeling? We're getting some of the snow and cold weather here lately.. no fun!

Nueva, sorry the results were inconclusive. The not knowing part is what sucks the most, because you're not sure what to do or what you even can do. Sending you hugs, and if you need someone to talk to, please feel free to PM me.

Angie, work stress sucks - especially when your boss won't back you up. Hopefully you'll be able to take some time for just you and your DH for the holidays.

Toni, WOOHOOO! on the 100lbs gone!! I'm so proud of you!

Catherine, you still amaze me. I'm glad you're taking it "easy" for the next semester. You take care of everything and everyone else.. taking care of YOU is important too!

Cyn, how did shopping go? I haven't done any of mine yet either. I have been stuck at home most of the last few weeks. Not looking forward to it!

Jacquie, did you manage to get any of your shopping done today? I know holidays are hard when you're missing a loved one. Big hugs to you!

Anne, glad you're done with exams. How long do you have off? You've been very busy with school.. I've missed seeing you around!

Purpleorc, how're you feeling today? Are you almost ready for Christmas? Thank you for the well wishes.. each day gets a bit better!

Ammi, I am so glad to see you back here! I know it's hard to come back and post when you feel like you're not in the groove, but you're always an inspiration to many people. I hope you'll stick around!

Okay, I think that's all I'm going to be able to get to today. I hope everyone is having a pleasant weekend!
  • Passing back through...

Debbie54: I hear that storm is headed our way too! its going to be a cold Christmas I think. I wish that I had a fireplace.

Brandnewme: I love your new pic!!

dgramie: It feels my heart with joy that your borther is doing better!!!!!!!

AmericaninUK: Posting your pics is brave BUt more so I think something that ya have to do! I know I am posting mine right before I start BLC here. BUT I am not camera shy at all. Even at my size I still take pics of myself and full body lengths with others. For me..I cant change who I am and I dont liek being left out of the picture. Make sure you update the pics as you go. You may not notice the loss..until you see it in the pics.

Shopping was a mad house. I swear I had had enough. I only went to a few stores. The worst was cabelas sporting goods. First I went down the worng way in the parking lot..and some Ahole in a big ole SUV threw his hands up at me yelling something. So I kindly backed up to go down another isle right after I EXTENDED my middle finger in jolly ole good cheer! And that is it I am done. Hubby will get the rest of the list for Tuesday! :0)

Oh before I forget DEbbie54::::: do you mean we have to give our weight by JANUARY 2?? you put december but Im just making sure.
  • Debi,

So glad to hear about the progress your brother has made so far. Here's hoping that his kidney function improves soon as well.
  • dgramie: WOO! Good news and great news! I hope he is on his way to a fast recovery now!

Debbie54: I love that store. I went back to exchange a bra and got two new ones lol. Got a few shirts, but not ready to try things on yet. I just have to get over that "you don't belong here" feeling. lol.

brandnewme: I got a bit of it done. Today is "food shopping" day as I have a ton of food to prepare for Christmas. Vegan dishes, raw food dishes, I've even been drafted to cook a turkey lol. Keeping busy helps me move along on the holidays. First time I've done this actually, gone out shopping and such. I'm not used to it...I used to hide out in my apartment. Now, I'm out shopping like a normal person.

I'm up early...I crashed about 8:30pm last night and just got up about an hour ago. So, going to be exhausted later. Today I have so much cleaning to do and shopping. Starting to make my list for the store soon...so much food things to buy.

After today it is all about cooking, cleaning, and EXERCISING haha. I'm going to take out my holiday frustrations with some cardio.
  • dgramie- that is great news about your bro. a christmas miricle?

brandnewme- i didnt realize what posting the pics would be like till after i hit submit lol.. then i had to hit my stationary bike.. im just kinda 'all hangin out' lol.

azcyn- im not really camera shy about my weight , even tho i usually wear a little more for pics lol.. the thing that keeps me away from the camera is my teeth.. in the middle of dental work, so i dont smile at all in pics lol... anyhow, im planning on taking some more pics after our BLC.. end of march isnt it? I figure every 3 months or so is good for tracking progress

I hope everyone is doing well today, and staying OP...
  • Good Morning Peeps - I'm happy to see all the activity here! As for me it's lots of activity getting ready for the holidays. Food hasn't been so hot for me and I'm not drinking enough water at all. Today is a new day with a new plan which includes plenty of water and yes even some vegetables.

Toni - thank you for posting your pics - you look fantastic!

Americaninuk - thank you for posting your pics also. It really means alot to each of us to see progress. I don't have any before pics and still kick myself.

Jacquie - I'm thrilled you are out and about - doesn't it feel wonderful.

Debbie - can I do the BLC and just weigh without the other stuff? I really like seeing the 3 months weigh in changes.

In addition to all of the holiday bustle yesterday the sewer backed up and we were without water until the plumber could get here. Fortunately it was just tree roots and was taken care of pretty quick - always happens when there is a million things going on doesn't it.

I had an update on Johnnie - she has moved to rehab and will be there some a bit. They aren't sure how much they will be able to work with her as she will only be allowed to put 50 pounds of weight on the hip for 3-4 months due to the fractures.

Time for me to get moving - especially if I'm going to make the 1000 minute exercise goal. With that said........................

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
    Carol
  • Hi one and all

Well this is take 2 as I did try and post yesterday and lost the post when my PC decided that it was a great time to shut down. Well after that I post I was too tired to repeat the post. So here I go again with feeling of deja vue or ground hog day. Lets see if I fair better with this post and get it to not disappear into that infamous cyber space.

Remains dull and damp here with temperatures about 11c so not too cold. Hope to have a little walk after lunch if I feel up to it. Must admit it felt good to have a walk the last couple of days been the first in about 10 days with me having another relapse. I still feel my right leg as not being quite right and difficult to get moving after a little while. Though overall it is so pleasing to get about under my own steam.

We were suppose to be going to friends to for dinner this evening but we had a phone call to say that the host was unwell. She has a cold and did not want to pass it on to me. Which is so thoughtful towards me. Fortunately I had not put the extra casserole portion in the freezer so we are having that for our dinner instead. I have prepared the vegetables last night so everything is now ready to go.

ZedAus Have a lovely holiday you deserve it to recharge those batteries

dogpal Sorry to hear that you have hurt your back I hope that you have managed to get something for the pain. I have loose skin also so whether 160 is actually possible or just a pipe dream. I know that I can not afford the surgery for the removal of skin so I have them as a badge of honour. Not sure whether they would remove it on the NHS which is our health scheme over here which is free (of which I am very grateful) Very few actually pay for their health care most are NHS patients.

NuevaVida Sorry to hear that you are still in Limboland regarding the biopsy result. Depression is a horrible disease to deal with I know on a professional level and a personal one. I had an awful bout of depression when I was around 20 years old fortunately I have never hit those lows again in my life.

Realist Sorry that work is rather tough for you at the minute. I hope you get some well deserved time off with DH. Horrid when boss does not support you which makes it an up hill struggle.

ToniLight and on losing 100lbs that is an excellent achievement and one I am pleased to be celebrating with you.

CatherineM Sounds like you have been rather busy signing books I bet you have writers cramp Congratulations on having the advance for the next book you will publish.

azcyn I hope you managed all your shopping and your feet aren't too sore from pounding the pavements and shopping malls.

Jacquie668 I know the lower my size has got the more daring colours I have worn. I now take so much time with my appearance and look heaps more girly. I put war paint on ( make up ) jewelry and make sure everything matches. Something I didn't do it was a matter of what fitted and why should I make an effort I am not worth it.

Baz xo Don't worry about ranting, if you can't rant with us who can you rant with Seriously I use the site to vent off steam occasionally stops me going for the chocolate bar at the shop.

I fully understand how your father felt. For many of us our jobs define us to a certain extent or give a sense of pride and achievement. Not to mention putting the bread on the table.

Yes it makes me annoyed now people are label just because we are different. Deep down we are the same people as them with thoughts and feelings. It is like the video we saw when I was nurse training of a guy in a wheelchair with someone and then the person serving the tea said to the person who was not in the wheelchair does he take sugar in his tea. When she could have asked the question to the person in the wheelchair!

teahoney Welcome back and looking forward to getting to know you. Bare with me but what does Kooky mean. I am from the UK and not a word I am familiar with.

dgramie Great present for Christmas that your brother has made little improvements.

Good for you for eating 4 days in a row on plan they all add up and show on the scales or tape measure in the long run

Americaninuk Thanks for posting your before pictures. You are far braver than I ever was I admire your courage. I only posted my before picture (head shot only I can not find any other) when I had lost my bulk of my weight. I am waiting to lose another pound or two and then I will post either 10lb lost since last photo or 9 stone lost if I wait for 2lb lost.

You look beautiful so and such wonderful hair. Nice to meet another with long hair. My is about the same length or a shade longer hard to kind of gauge when you can't see round the back without a mirror I will see if DH will take some of the the back of me when I next post so I will have some idea as well.

Debbie54 May I join the biggest loser. I know the last one kept me focus and I managed to lose 6lb in total which I was really pleased about. Maybe this one will get me a shade closer to my goal.

I really hope the weather does not turn nasty. Elderly can be set in their ways and be as stubborn as mules if they want to be. I know a friends father is 97 and he is MR Independent himself and will not except any help sees it as giving and getting old

brandnewme Like you I am getting a little better every day. I did some forward planning and did my Christmas shopping early this year at the beginning of December so I did not have to rush. The only bit I have left to do is the grocery shopping a bit nearer the date. Though that will be a rat race no doubt and unable to move.

I hope you are continuing to improve and that you are about ready for Christmas as well.

gggirls Hope your able to get enough water into your diet and vegetables for that matter. I am fortunate in that department I love vegetables and will be having lots at lunch with a small portion of casserole with beans (Flageolet Beans and mixed beans) and in as well. So I should get my vegetable count in for today.

Not been so good with fruit though so must make an concerted effort to get more of them inside of me. Not to mention the fluid which I am not so hot at taking for the last couple of days. I need a swift to get me sorted.

Bye for now of to write my shopping list for tomorrow, I bet I forget something like I normally do but will try by best with my colander brain. Must start on my lunch as well else we will not eat before supper I hope I did not miss anything as I have read through the posts and have answered everybody. I hope did not miss anyone as it was not my intention to do so.

purpleorc
  • morning chickies....

today finish up the last quilt..will post pics! Wrap what presents I do have. Also I have a meeting with one of the high sellers with Slumber Parties! I am sooo excited to meet her!!

Oh I also have to get groceries!

toodles ladies!