Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #1  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1211

WELCOME!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!

Last edited by RealCdn; 05-18-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #2  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all. Technically it's a long weekend here. However, when you're not working they all are long weekends.

So, no rest for the wicked, we went off and did our usual morning walk. We were out last night (across the street) watching fireworks. It's a neighbourhood tradition that we were included in last year (although probably invited more than once beforehand). Everyone brings something (explosive) and they provide food and drink. It's really quite fun, although I'm waiting for a year we don't freeze to death. I had on long underwear and a vest and my winter jacket over the whole thing. Kind of a good think that all my clothing is too big, as it all fit well.

Anyway, trying to push myself to do more outside, but it's still kind of cold. I might have lunch and then do some more in the later afternoon. Hope everyone is having a great start to their week!
Old 05-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/305/190

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

I tried on a blouse that recently became too tight to wear, and I can now button it again. It's still a shade too tight for comfort, but I'm happy to see it won't be long until I can wear it again. We are having some very warm weather and I have few options besides sweaters to wear to work. I hesitate to make predictions because I have been wrong so many times about the timing of weight loss and clothing size adjustments, but it really is close. Maybe next week or the week after?

I also have a couple pairs of shorts that I was hoping to wear Memorial Day weekend. Same situation, a shade too tight but technically wearable. No doubt the fit will happen the week after Memorial Day weekend because that's the way it goes.

In any case I will look forward to the progress when it happens.

Have a great Monday everyone.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #4  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

New week... Going great.

Had the ride of my life this weekend on my horse, Gabriel. We went out through the woods with 5 other riders in places he's never been before. (He's pretty green at this, and I've been pretty nervous, since it's kind of like being a cannon ball balanced on top of a cannon LOL) He even spooked at llama (who wouldn't) and made the biggest jump sideways he's ever made with me on board, and it was no problem. I'm getting my seat and my confidence back, even at this size. He's amazing. The day was amazing. Life is amazing!

Oh yeah, and after 3 weeks of they scale stubornly refusing to do anything but give and take the same 2 pounds, it finally gave up 5 yesterday. It's back up by 1, but who cares? Net loss of 4 is, dare I say it again? Amazing!

Sue in Seattle, glad to see you back! Just came back again myself!
Ronnie, WELCOME!
ANNE, I hope it warms up up there. I'm just south of you in Ohio, and we had frost last night and I think again tonight. I'm having to keep covering the plants! At least with these late frosts, maybe it will keep the bugs down this year.
EVERYONE, have a wonderful week!!! Successful, committed, and happy!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday everyone!

It is still cool here in MA today, but the rest of the week looks nice with temps in the 70's. Sounds about perfect to me.

I have been sticking to my plan and I am down another 2 lbs this week! I attended an event yesterday that I did not plan on being there all day so I did not bring any food with me. All they had available was pizza or italian subs! Well, since I am doing Atkins, I got the sub and ate the insides of it and was completely satisfied until dinner! YEAH!

I went through my closet on Saturday and bagged up the stuff I do not wear/is too big for me....all FIVE bags worth and off they went to be donated to charity. Most of it was pretty new. Hope they help someone.

Thats it from here. Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #6  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Torister! Long time no see! CONGRATS on that awesome loss!!! It's super that you can give up those clothes, and even better that they're going where they're needed. BRAVO!
Old 05-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #7  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Happy Monday everyone!!!

Isn't cleaning out the closet WONDERFUL???? I have several boxes worth of 20/22/24/26/28s I need to give away. The larger ones will go to my sister...the smaller ones, I may try to sell a few. We'll see.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHound View Post
Isn't cleaning out the closet WONDERFUL???? I have several boxes worth of 20/22/24/26/28s I need to give away. The larger ones will go to my sister...the smaller ones, I may try to sell a few. We'll see.
It sure is!!

I think from here on out, I might try and sell some of it on ebay, but I just needed the room in my closet and didn't want to deal with doing that this time round. Hoping I will be on to smaller sizes before my current stuff wears out!

Hi Val! Nice to see you too. I am here reading daily and I am trying to post more often!
Old 05-18-2009, 04:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261.9/254.2/125

Height: 5' 4"

Bringing this over from thread 210:

Thanks, I wasn't sure. I'm still discovering the site. I linked this site on mine too because it's just so full of everything My oldest daughter may be joining too if she hasn't already, but she'll likely not be in this thread because she's 25. We're in a family competition (biggest loser style) with money and all.... we're all overweight, with me and Lynn needing to lose the most.
I'm sort of bummed though today because my youngest daughter (Mandi, 18 yrs old) posted on our own blog that she's quitting the competition. I don't know how to motivate her. Yesterday we all got Y memberships, I thought that would help her (even if she just goes swimming). ~sigh~
As far as my weight loss goes, I found out 4 months ago that I am diabetic, and I had a 'widow maker' heart attack and stroke 3 years ago. When I found out that I'm diabetic I changed all my eating habits and started exercising 30 min a day... from that I lost 20lbs. Then we decided on this competition so I checked with my dr who was thrilled about it.
When we started we decided that we needed public accountability so we don't stop, and then we made a youtube account and site so we post on there daily, and put up confessional videos and weigh-ins. Anyway, since starting the competition on 05/14/09 I've lost 3.1 lbs! So I'm happy with my progress so far, although I'm losing slower than Lynn and Dizzle (her husband). Lynn has lost 4lbs and Dizzle has lost just over 4 lbs.
Anyone have any ideas on how I can get my youngest to stay in this competition?? Or if you just want to tell her yourself you can comment on her "I Quit" blog at our site. (Just don't be mean k?) I'm doing this competition for my daughters at this point, it's more important to me that they lose weight than I do.
Annette
Old 05-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #10  
On a journey

S/C/G: 376/we'll see/180

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday Peeps!!

Glad to have our mini heat wave over here. It was 103 yesterday and all we did was sweat! I didn't want to do anything this weekend because it was just too hot. So, unfortunately, I wasn't as good as I should have been, but the heat has broke and we're back down into the 80's for this week.

We had a dog behaviorist come out on Saturday because our 2 year old Doberman has become very aggressive at the dog park. He used to love going there and running around playing like a big goof ball, but anymore, when another male dog comes up to him, he will growl and go on the attack. It was nice to get praise for the fact that he is a really well behaved and loving dog, and we got some good pointers on what to do to make sure that both DH and I are the "alphas". We have a lot on our plate with the 3 dogs, but I think we can do it because they are very well trained and do listen well. I guess it's just another day in the life of multiple dog ownership. Ever vigilant we shall be.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

NorCalJen - send some of the heat this way - I'm so ready to turn the furnace off.

Annie - how was the weekend with your SIL? Ready for her to become a permanent member of the household?

Battle - sounds like you're in the zone - bottle and sell it!
Old 05-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/305/190

Height: 5'10

Carol, don't you know it--I am IN the zone! It has been such a long time since I've been here. I don't take a minute of it for granted because just as quickly as the zone shows up, it can go away.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #13  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Back Ladies.

Battle-Again glad your posting. We really did miss you and Misty I was still in lurking mode when you were last around. Looking forward to getting to know you!

It was a long weekend here and my birthday. Now I am officially closer to 40 than 30. DH & DD baked me a cake and they all picked out a wii game for me My Fitness Coach. I have not set it up yet but I am excited. I have enjoyed the gym but with summer holidays coming there will be not kid free time to get to the gym. I am also going for a pedi and facial next Sat with my bff. Have a great evening everyone. I am offf to set up my new game.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:19 PM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

Battle_ I have missed you so much and thought about you so many times while you were away.I am so ready for one of your whooshes..i told carol I think you must have taken them with you.

I stayed the same this week.I did eat out a few times over the weekend but did ok. My IBS is acting up and i dont seem to lose when i have to baby it. Keeping on the plan and it will come off.
going to go to bed early..spent most of the day outside with the kids and the garden.
hugs to all
debi
Old 05-18-2009, 09:40 PM   #15  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody

Hey it is sure neat to be back again. I have been really trying to get on track recently... seeing a medical nutritionist, trying to get my workouts, etc... and I realized that one HUGE thing I was missing was my online support and fellowship. Of course I knew immediately where to come!

Anne... wow, I just looked at your pictures and I am totally impressed! Great job! You must be very proud of yourself... you deserve to be!!

Letstryitagain, good news about the blouse! Isn't that a wonderful feeling?!?,

Hey there, Val... glad to see you back too! Thanks for the welcome. Congrats about the four pounds!!!

Torister, good job resisting the "bad stuff" at the event. Woohooo what fun you will have getting rid of all the big ole clothes!!

And DCHound, yippeeeee.... 104 pounds for you! That's great! Have fun getting rid of the clothes, ha.

Hello Annette... nice to meet you here. I hope your daughter sticks with the plan! And good start on your weight loss.

Hi Jen... wow 103 and it is only May! I think perhaps I will stay up north here in Washington!

Hi gggirls.... yes we have sure had a cold winter and spring for here too. But I love the cooler weather so I am happy as can be. But for sure, yah, I would not like it if I was still having to run the furnace, ha.

Hi Julia... glad this time when I showed up you are out of lurksville. I look forward to getting to know you.

Debi... good thinking! Keep right on the plan even when it becomes discouraging and the weight doesn't seem to be coming off... it WILL!!!

And to my friend who I just invited here, ha, and I am hoping you show up. You know who you are if you read this LOL. Please don't feel you need to spend time in lurksville as you will find people here so warm and welcoming as I have.

Happy Monday, everyone! Keep up the good work!
Closed Thread