Old 10-03-2008, 09:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 358/358/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Well, here I am on day 1

48 years old and 358 lbs. goal 135

This is the beginning of my journey. I am starting out full of hope and joy and dread. Hope, that I can actually do this and feel good about myself. Joy, that I finally feel in control of my life to even think about trying this. And dread at the LOOOOONG road ahead.

I know I am in for a lot of frustrations, but also for a lot of victories. I pray that I can internalize the victories so that they carry me through the frustrations.

So, day one:

For breakfast I had:

1 small Defeat Breast Cancer Orange Bran Flax Muffin (I modified the recipe some)
Blueberry Smoothie
Licorice herb tea

I did (or tried to do) my morning work out. I used the 10 minute trainer DVD and tried the cardio....boy do I have a long way to go!!!

I am going to try to do 2 - 3 mini workouts a day until I can build up to do the full ones.

I sure hope this works this time.
JillianS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:59 AM   #2  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

so proud of you for taking those first steps. you can do this!
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #3  
BELIEVE!

Welcome & Congrats on making the decision to take care of yourself! You will find this site full of incredible people and loaded with motivation and encouragement!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:05 PM   #4  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Congratulations and welcome!

I'm a newbie too
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 349.8/229/165

Height: 5'9"

Good for you JillianS, just getting started is half the battle. Trust me I feel the same way, I started 9/21, so I haven't been on this road for long myself. I like the fact that their are other people who weigh near the same as me and are going trough or have gone through the same things I'm going through or will be going through. I have finally found people to relate to in this journey.
So keep up the good work. If I can do it, I just know you can too!!!!!
bigmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #6  

Hi pipernoswiper, BarbPA, cfmama, bigmomma!

Thank you for the warm and encouraging welcome.

I am sorry that I did not resond sooner, my computer caught a VERY BAD bug and was out of commission for a couple of days. This is especially painful for me because I make my living with my computer doing website design. Fortunately for me, I know a computer GOD and he fixed up what the guys at the Geek Squad said was a total loss, so I am back in business.

I am really happy to be back amongst such an encouraging group.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, and I hope you spend plenty of time here! There are a lot of good people who are always willing to help!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:17 PM   #8  
Failure is not an option!

S/C/G: 254/205.6/154

Height: 5'6"

Welcome....take one day at a time....I've been at this for two weeks now taking one day at a time as the end goal is a little overwhelming right now.
smiles4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Helloooo there. Congrats on your start!

I remember a few months ago I went out and bought a few exercise DVDs and I couldn't last 10 minutes lol. I used to do Jane Fonda, you know belts with leotards, and woosh have aerobics changed. When I found out that Jane Fonda was out of date...ack! I was huffing and puffing trying to keep up. I felt like I had done an hour workout lol.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:17 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquie668 View Post
Helloooo there. Congrats on your start!

I remember a few months ago I went out and bought a few exercise DVDs and I couldn't last 10 minutes lol. I used to do Jane Fonda, you know belts with leotards, and woosh have aerobics changed. When I found out that Jane Fonda was out of date...ack! I was huffing and puffing trying to keep up. I felt like I had done an hour workout lol.
Jacquie668,

Lol, I know what you mean, I used to teach aerobics at Richard Simmons Anatomy Asylum and aerobics have REALLY changed since then.

kelly315, smiles4u, thank you for your welcome.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hehe...I'm doing this Woman's Health fitness thing and the chickadee who is the instructor is bouncing about, talking to the camera knowing that someone like me is talking back to her as if she is here with me one on one. I remember the day I struggled to get to the "end" and she goes "Okay...be proud you're halfway through the cardio" and I freaked lol. "lets get ready for some kickboxing" yeah right...I'm totally not able to get through the whole workout yet lol.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:07 AM   #12  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm so glad you're here!!!

I just started at the end of August, and it's going slowly but surely. I am OFTEN overwhelmed with the LONG road ahead as well. I also have had a lot of failures in the past, that make me really question what will make this time different!

I have been exercising this time, and that has really helped me feel like I am getting *healthy* instead of just trying to get skinny. I think it might be the missing link I've been looking for!

I have been doing some strength training along with my cardio. That has REALLY made me feel strong. I think you can buy hand weights pretty inexpensively at walmart or places like that. It has made a HUGE difference in how I feel about the whole process.

Whatever you try, I'm sure if you keep up that great attitude you will find what works best for you, and this is a GREAT place to get support and tips!!!

Congrats on beginning your journey!!!!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #13  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

:wecolme3: to 3fc here you will find the help and support to guide you on the way. Though firstly on making the choice to become a healthy you.

I gradually eased myself into exercise doing a little a day and gradually building up as my fitness improved along the way. Doing a small amount of exercise is much better for you than doing none at all.

Good luck with the healthy eating and to reaching your mini goals along the way. Look forward also in getting to know you better over the coming weeks and months.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 344/335/170

Height: 5'7.5

Welcome, Jillian!

I hear everyone about the exercise thing. I'm 27 and my mom can run circles around me!
FireDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:54 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 346/Ticker/150

Hello JilianS!

YAY!! Starting your journey out so positively is awesome!!

I think three mini workouts a day is a great idea to get into this. I've got some workout tapes at home that just kick my butt worse than any walk on a treadmill. I should try that since I can't seem to get through a whole tape at once just yet. There is a monthly exercise thread where you can add your minutes to the groups minutes if you like.

Your first day meal choices sounded very good. The licorice herb tea sounds yummy. Which brand do you like?

Don'tcha just love flax, I even sneak a spoonful into my smoothies. Taste kinda nutty. I just looked up the recipe for the muffins and they look good. How did you alter the recipe?

It will totally work this time. This time you have us here at 3FC!!
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote