Old 09-08-2008, 02:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up New also - ready for new life!!!

Hello,

I am 38.5 years old and I'm sick of being fat. I am not sure how much I weigh...last time I stepped on the scale it read 360 and I'm sure I've gained some more since then. My joints hurt, my knees hurt, my feet hurt, my lower back hurts. I have no energy. Going up one flight of stairs leaves me embarrassingly winded. I'm too young for my body to feel so old. I'm ready for a new life.

I have a few things I'm working on along with weight loss - fighting off depression and dealing with hormones from early menopause. Neither of these have been easy to deal with as I'm having weird reactions to standard medications prescribed for these conditions. So...this is less a plan to "lose weight" and more a plan to regain my body and my life back. I started today.

I have what I call a Self-Care Plan with very concrete goals: vitamin and herb regime for the hormones and depression, and water, oxygen (exercise), stretching and healthy food for a healthy body. Didn't do too bad for my first day - water intake was lower than I wanted but I did manage to take all my vitamins and herbs and, I did 20 minutes of very slow biking on my exercise bike and lots of gentle stretching. One day at a time.

I have read these boards on and off for a while and I'm impressed by everyone's generosity of spirit and support of one another. I could use a heap of support as I go through teaching myself new habits. Hope I can offer some in return.

:-)

Mimi
NuevaVida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:50 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

HI and Welcome!! YOu will find awesome support and advice here. Feel free to join us in the weekly thread..it helps getting to know everyone and for me the daily accountablity of checking in. These wonderful ladies really care and will give you a hug if you need one and a kick in the butt if you need that. I have made wonderful friendships that have made my weight loss easier and alot more fun.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Mimi --

I also found myself in a position where I finally felt the weight HAD to come off. One day, and one habit, at a time was a good strategy for me! I called it "baby steps." I still struggle to maintain my new, lower, weight, and thank goodness I have some good habits to turn to, because there's a part of me that is still lazy and still wants to eat more food! But it CAN be done!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the group! There is alot of support here.
azcyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Mimi,
Welcome! Like you, I am tired of how old my body feels and am determined now to do something about it. I rejoined Weight Watchers and am working closely with my doctor and therapist to monitor my diabetes, fibromyalgia and depression. We can all help each other!
Cassie
Irishcoda is offline   Reply With Quote