3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Weekly Thread #1174 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/150566-300-weekly-thread-1174-a.html)

RealCdn 09-01-2008 07:46 AM

300+ Weekly Thread #1174

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!

RealCdn 09-01-2008 07:57 AM

Good morning all. I hope that those of you having a long weekend are enjoying themselves. With being at home this summer it doesn't seem like much of a difference to me. I've got one more week before I start school so I'll be back to a schedule that I can't control then. I managed to get a schedule that has only 4 days of classes through (Wed off) so that's kind of nice. I think it's really going to mess with my eating plan though as Monday has pretty much no breaks that seem long enough. Really it's just a half hour at 12pm and another 1/2 hour at 4pm. Other than that it's really pretty good, with only one early (8am) morning.

So I'm trying to enjoy my last week off, and the weather has been pretty nice since Saturday. I think by the end of the week it's supposed to rain and get cold, but considering the summer we've had that's no real surprise. Well, I think I'll head off and see about breakfast since I'm up earlier than I had planned. Take care all, and have a great day.

JuliaDH 09-01-2008 08:58 AM

Good Morning!

Made 7 quarts of pickles last night. Would like to make 7 more. Will head off to the market Tues am. Now just waiting to see if I did it right and they seal. Moms instructions said to wait 24 hrs. Heard 4 pops last night. But went to bed and hope the other 3 did while I was asleep. If not I guess I repack and try again.

Catch up more later as we are headed out to help a friend move.

going to lose 200 09-01-2008 08:59 AM

Good Morning everyone!
Well, it is POURING here today and windy as ole bugger so I take it Fall arrived along with Sept 1st. I think it is going to be a stay in the house and not get dressed type of day. I have to go out tonight to TOPS for a weigh in but other than that, I dont think we are going to do much.

Housewarming party went well yesterday. I ate a few things that I shouldnt have but overall I was a lot better than I could have been. Today is damage control.

Time to head back upstairs for breakfast. I think I will eat "light" things. :lol:

JuliaDH 09-01-2008 09:01 AM

Oh ya inlaws behaved and Emily is loving her trip. But its alittle on the long side for a 5 yr old. And DH has to take the carpet cleaner out and detail the truck. After a summer of kids "visiting" and spilling he really needs to get 'er clean!

texscrapper 09-01-2008 09:28 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm a SAHM to 3 boys and have been lurking here for a few weeks. I started my weight loss journey on July 6th when I weighed in at 324. I look forward to getting to know all of you and keep motivated!

Last week, my oldest DS started school, so things were hectic on the diet front. I had to get used to the school schedule all over again! :dizzy: I think we are back in the swing of things now, so I'm hoping to make a little progress this week and get back on track!

JuliaDH 09-01-2008 09:35 AM

Welcome Texscrapper! I am looking forward to school back again. Regular meals, time to exercise with no kiddie audience! Class starts in 23 hours!

dgramie 09-01-2008 09:37 AM

Good Morning everyone,
I slept in a bit for a monday...so glad to have the day off. I have laundry to catch up and a little housework I didnt get done yesterday before church.
I am 6lbs up from my goal for today..but thats not to bad and as i have said before I dont let it get me down...in fact im using it to get me going!! I have been trying to get back to exercising and just cant seem to get with it. If i dont talk about exercising then :kickbutt: .

julia- glad your daughter had a great trip!!

anne- enjoy your last week before school starts.

:hug: to all

dgramie 09-01-2008 09:40 AM

:welcome3: texscrapper we are so glad to have you with us!!

Heather 09-01-2008 10:20 AM

Just a quick :wave: to everyone!

I'm trying to enjoy the last of summer!

CatherineM 09-01-2008 11:17 AM

I know I've been sewing too much when I get a headache that won't go away. I used to get them after going to the big fabric store with my mom. It's something with the dust that accumulates on fabric, or something, and the fuzz that flies. Sleeping with a cough drop in my mouth, and vicks under my nose helps. I can't take decongestants because of my blood pressure. I'll take a real steamy shower today, and that should break the rest of it up. I think my sinuses were installed on a Tuesday after a long weekend, because they have been junk from the get go.

I've got all my stuff together for tomorrow. First day of school. Just orientation, but it will still be a long day. Longer in fact than my regular days will be. I got my coat/vest combo done just in time. It hit 0 degrees here last night. I'm not sure I'm even going to bother with the rain coat layer for the outside right now. Polartec 200 is pretty water resistant. We don't get a lot of liquid precipitation here anyway. I'm surprised by how thin/light weight this fabric is and yet so warm. I got hot just trying it on. Made the arm holes big enough to layer anything I want to under it. I just hope I'm not too excited to get to sleep early tonight.

gggirls 09-01-2008 11:44 AM

Catherine - I loved the excitement of going back to school. I bet you don't sleep a wink.

dgramie 09-01-2008 12:26 PM

catherine_ my 1st job at age 16 was in a fabric store. I use to always get a headache when we would get a new stock of fabric in. I had to quite that job because i spent all the money i made buying fabric...i bet my mom still has some I bought up all those years ago. Have an awesome 1st day at school.

azcyn 09-01-2008 01:44 PM

morning all...

Catherine:funny you should talk about fabric...my friend and I are heading there right now lol

I am glad I have the day off..spending it doing what I want. I dont get to do that often.

I have a question about freezing stuff..will post with its own topic!

Have a great day all.

Debbie54 09-01-2008 02:16 PM

Hi Peepers,
Starting anew once again here. I've got my treadmill pulled out and in plain sight so I can't miss it anytime I come in here to make beads or get on the computer. I'm hoping I can stick with it since I've been gearing up for it for the last week.
For all of you heading back to school, have fun! I remember going to tech school for a surgical tech, and it was so fun just meeting people and learning again.

Anne, one more question about canning, can I freeze my blackberries til I get some more picked? What I got was only one basket full and I think I need more than that. Thanks in advance.

Annie, Happy Anniversary!!!

Well, better go get some stuff done.
toodles
Debbie