3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   I'm back yet again. . . (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/148254-im-back-yet-again.html)

Ewing 08-04-2008 02:50 PM

I'm back yet again. . .

Hi everyone!

I'm back again after yet another hiatus. I had some huge life changes in the past couple of years and I hate to think how my eating plan has completely suffered because of it.

I was chatting with a friend today and he was telling me how he and his wife have committed themselves to doing something about their weight, and heck, that's something I know I need to do as well and it made me think of this place.

I was somewhere over 350 at my highest point about 4 years ago but made a few realizations and did something about it. I lost a good chunk within several months and managed to keep it off since, but still have a long way to go and feel a bit intimidated. I also realized that at the time I was losing weight, I was somewhat active in this forum (under a different name). Maybe if I can make myself stick around it'll do me some good?

I moved from Wisconsin to Las Vegas last August, and just a few days ago I got my annual weigh-in at Planned Parenthood and realized. . . that I weigh exactly the same as I did at this point last year: 285. I know I've gone up and down a bit in-between these two points but to know that I've made so many lifestyle changes. . . well, it's both encouraging and depressing. I've been under a lot of stress and have had a hard time adjusting to the relocation so I suppose it's mostly a good thing.

I figure I should set mini-goals; I've lost weight before and I know I can do it again. Maybe I'm just looking for a little encouragement? All I do know is that I really need to make myself stick around again. :hug:

elmay 08-04-2008 03:23 PM

Hi Ewing and welcome back to the group!

Good for you for keeping off the pounds you lost 4 years ago! I lost quite a bit of weight 2 years ago, and ended up putting all of it but 5# back on :(. I restarted my weight loss and exercise program about 3.5 months ago and re-joined 3FC at that time.

Relocating can be really tough. I relocated from Sonoma county, California to Portland 5 years ago. I find it takes me at least a year to settle into a new place. It's taken me longer here. I had a lot of friends and support in CA and since I moved up here, it has been work work work and school school school. It wasn't until this spring that I realized how lonely and isolated I have been. Online friends are great, but RL friends are important too. I've made a couple of great friends at work and am in the process of meeting other new people.

As you probably know from having been here before, there are a lot of ways that we all work on losing weight -- having lost 65# and maintained it, you probably know what works for you. There's the big weekly thread and the "over 40" thread. I tend to hang out in the "over 40" thread because I am over forty :) and also it is a bit shorter :).

Welcome and glad to have you back!

yoyonomoreinvegas 08-04-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewing (Post 2301200)
...I moved from Wisconsin to Las Vegas last August, and just a few days ago I got my annual weigh-in at Planned Parenthood and realized. . . that I weigh exactly the same as I did at this point last year: 285. I know I've gone up and down a bit in-between these two points but to know that I've made so many lifestyle changes. . . well, it's both encouraging and depressing. I've been under a lot of stress and have had a hard time adjusting to the relocation so I suppose it's mostly a good thing.

I figure I should set mini-goals; I've lost weight before and I know I can do it again. Maybe I'm just looking for a little encouragement? All I do know is that I really need to make myself stick around again. :hug:

Well, welcome fellow Las Vegan! Congratulations on making such a huge change and not gaining everything back. The way I see it, you've officially been a maintainer for the past year :D and, as I understand it, that can be every bit as challenging as losing so you're doing great. Wow, from Wisconsin this had to be a HUGE culture shock! This can be a tough town to try and live a healthier lifestyle but it really can be done. And you've made a great step toward getting back on track by coming back to 3FC! I've been here (in Vegas) for 12 years and am still finding "new" things around town so if you get a little stuck about where to look for something, feel free to PM me and I'll try to help. :hug:

Spoz 08-04-2008 03:34 PM

Hey Ewing! :wave: Well the really great thing is despite huge changes in your life you have managed to keep the weight you lost off. You can definitely do it, and mini goals are definitely the way to go. Welcome back! :hug:

megawatt823 08-07-2008 06:13 AM

HI There,

I was on last year, in Oct - Dec and went on hiatus. I too feel like you, Ewing. I need to get motivated!! I was in a motorcycle accident in June; my husband and I ride Harley's and I was sideswiped. I am doing great, not walking with a cane anymore (I had a non-displaced pelvic fracture) and my roadrash has healed WELL!!

Thing is, I see that this injury DID NOT make me an invalid, in fact, I used 2 canes and was "walking" on the Wednesday after the accident. My hubby told me to get moving or it would not heal and get worse. I did it, and now, I am not using the cane and have a slight limp that will go away.

I guess I want to lose weight because I already have back problems and I have missed the site so much!

I really enjoyed your post and I am glad you are back!!

I do know that we can do it!!

Cheers,
M