Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 06:59 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1173

300+ Weekly Thread #1173

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:08 AM   #2  

dmpls- way to go on the weight loss..glad to know your back at it hard.

heather- I am excited about the sunflower seeds. I will let you know how they turn out.

rat- your mom sounds amazing!!Im so glad you got to spend time with her!!

brandnewme- good to see you.

toni_ my sunflower heads are about 18-20 inches across. I grew sunflowers when my kids were little but must have grown the wrong kind because the seeds didnt get big enough to eat.

carol_ have a good day at work. Hope your rested from the party.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Morning Peeps - Monday is here again and my wonderful routine is back.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 08-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #4  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

What a miserable start to a Monday. I had a stomach pain last night when we went to bed and I figured it would just go away in the night. At 4am when it woke me up I was not happy...nor was I happy trying to sprint to the bathroom either. I made it back to bed but sure enough, first thing this morning it started all over again....back and forth to the bathroom and then I finally made myself throw up...but that stopped the sweating. The pain is still there but I am empty and can't take anything on an empty stomach and now my throat is raw. Sadly I have to be at work at 3pm for a meeting and have to run an open house tonight...so here's hoping that something happens soon. I am thinking it's food poisoning as we went to our fave restaurant for dinner last night and I ordered something completely different from what I usually get...so I am guessing it was something I ate last night. This is NO FUN at all.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:34 AM   #5  

Oh no Julee!!! Get better soon. I hate that stomach pain thingie.

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 08-25-2008, 11:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Sharon: Hugs. I'm sorry you are not feeling so great. I know exactly what you mean about my inside of my head not feeling great. I am definately going through it right now. Thanks for understanding.

Julee: Sorry you are feeling ill. Hugs. I am glad that your Dr. appt. wasn't too bad.

Catherine: Hugs sweetie. Hang in there.

Angie: Great NSV regardless of the Old Navy Pants. I have never even been into an old Navy store so I can't help you out with their sizes.

Luan: Yup. I was so angry when i read that. Sucks!

Debi: Sorry about your knee. Woo hoo on the weight loss!

Penny: Hi girl.

Rat: So glad that you had fun with your mom.

Toni: Awesome weight loss!

Brandnewme: Hi there. Hugs.

Bernice: Woo hoo on hitting the 50 pound mark! You are rockin it!

Well, Yesterday we went to Silverwood and to the water park. Fun! We walked for 5 hours! I also went to the movies and saw "Stepbrother" with my niece. It was funny but very crude. I like Will Ferrel a lot. I have been doing pretty well lately with weight loss and don't know why. lol. I am eating op and exercising nothing out of the norm. I will take it though! lol.

Okay. I'm off to the shower. I have to go to work today from 11 to ???

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 08-25-2008, 01:03 PM   #7  

julee_ hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Julee- Are you feeling better yet? I hope so.

Annie- The water park sounds fun! Glad you had a great day!

Well, it is a beautiful night here and hubby has a perfect campfire going. The stars are really full in the sky. Of course hubby took the camper up and parked it so we would have a spot for the weekend. So I am stuck at home with the girls! He sounds like he is relaxed. Good thing, cause I have the girls (stress)! I told him that we would have to trade that one day. He agreed! I almost passed out.lol Actually we have been getting along better. He bought me a car last night! Not sure if I said that. I am so excited!!!!! I can't get it for a couple of weeks, but I will be anxiously awaiting it! He said that I deserve to have it! Scary, right! Actually, I think I deserve it too! I really love that guy!
I talked to Army son tonight and things are going well with his new promotion job. He has training for a while, but is very excited about it. He is in a different barrack with a different roommate and said they get along great.
Young daughter had her first dance class for the season tonight. She is very happy as it is a new teacher and she likes her! That is always a good thing. She has her for ballet/tap/jazz and hip hop. I am not sure if I am going to like going to town 3 nights a week. I will check to see if there is anyone else around to car pool with. That would be good.
Older daughter had her first college class for this semester tonight. It went well she said. That was when she called me after class to ask me what I was doing. I said why, she said she needed my locksmith abilities. O.K. so that meant, "mom I locked my keys in the car, would you please bring me the extra set!" So I told younger daughter to not fall asleep yet cause we had to go take sissy keys. This is a 25 minute drive, one way. So she fell asleep on the way home though.
So my evening has been eventful! I hope you all have had a great day. I didn't get water in and didn't exercise. Tomorrow, I WILL. Penny
Old 08-26-2008, 06:30 AM   #9  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Julee hope your stomach is better.....I have issues with some foods doing that to me as well........hope it is better

Penny-you sound so much like me!!! LOL

Annie-Waterpark sounds really fun right now!!!! We went to one during last summer's vacation and it was a blast!

Debi-thanks just trying to catch up to you!!! you go girl I'm so proud of you losing 65!!!!

Well gotta get my hair done & makeup for work......hoping today is as good a day as yesterday was!

ttyl
Old 08-26-2008, 07:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Morning Peeps - my WI this morning showed what I had done over the weekend by moving up. Thankfully yesterday was a great OP day - where's the mojo I had this time last week. The rest of this week will have some challenges and I hope to make better choices than last weekend.

Annie - sounds like a great time! Is your niece still with you?

Where is everybody?????

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 08-26-2008, 07:35 AM   #11  

penny_ we had to do the same thing when our daughter went to register for college...she locked her keys in the car!! I had her to go make copies of her key but not sure how that is going to help if she has them in her purse..lol

carol_ you can do this and i can too will you share some will power with me...lol

dmpls_ have a great op day at school.

julee_ hope you are feeling better today!!

hugs everyone
Old 08-26-2008, 08:54 AM   #12  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning!
Seems like everyone except Julee is doing well. I had a pretty good weigh in last night. I was down 2.75lbs. Next week I am going to have another good one. I can FEEL it. I am going to work darn hard to make sure it happens!

Julee: I had the same thing on Saturday and it didnt last too long. Now I just have a lot of pressure in there. Almost like someone is pushing from the front to the back. Hope it doesnt last and you feel better soon!!

ok, I have to get hubby up. yesterday we did nothing but hang out in bed and play video games until I left for my meeting, Today I think I had better get a move on. I plan on going for a walk and we have to go to the library and do laundry before we paint the workshop floor. We are having our housewarming party on Sunday and need to finish a few things in case everyone is indoors due to bad weather.

ttyl!
Old 08-26-2008, 09:36 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning All,

Well I got a little more sleep last night according to the clock, but my body doesn't feel like it! I hit the alarm several times this morning and then it hit me that the kids had school. Good golly 30 minutes before bus time. So up we flew. Yep, they made it on time. Not because they wanted to. We were all dragging!
I got cleaning to do today and not in the mood. Normal. I need to get some motivation back. I kinda had it last week early with exercise then water, but this week I gotta find it. Maybe once I get the windows all opened up it will help. I am getting excited about the car as my van is in the shop right now. I stopped and got the mail when I walked daughter to bus stop and I got a birthday card from my soon to be dil! Pretty sweet of her and a gift card for $25 to Applebees! I will call her later.

Bernice-Hope you have a good day! Not busy like mine.

Julee-Are you feeling better?

dgramie- I told daughter to put the door key in her billfold then she would be able to get into the car. She did. Now if the purse gets locked in then she is in trouble as I don't have any extra keys. I should probably tell her to get another one made, right! DUH! I can't believe that just hit me.

Well, I better get calls made and breakfast done so I can get started. Flylady would be scared to fly over my house today. laundry-blah! Penny
Old 08-26-2008, 11:02 AM   #14  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Thank you all for the good wishes. As the day went on things got worse before they got better...isn't that alway the way? At one point I spiked a 102 fever and called the advice nurse at the hospital...but they didn't have much to offer outside of suggestions. DH came home with soup (YAY!) and I was able to hold down soup, a banana and a english muffin....and ginger ale. Those allowed me to hold down advil and by bedtime the fever was gone. I woke up this morning and I am back to normal...ish. I still feel sort of run-down but I really cannot take off another day of work. I'll bring the ginger ale and the tums with me and if I feel that lunch won't do then I'll go up the street for soup.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:21 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Yesterday was a nice day out. DH, niece and I went to see another movie. It was funny. Pineapple Express. I love comedy movies and have enjoyed seeing both of the ones I saw recently. It was nice to have DH there with us. After movie we went to San Fransico Sourdough deli and I had 1/2 veggie sandwhich and a bowl of clam chowder. I ate about 2 bites of clam chowder and DH ate the rest. I did eat most of the veggie sandwhich minus the bread top and 1/2 of the bread bottom. lol. The middle was delicious as was the bread but it is just too much for me.

Penny: Congrats on the new car. How exciting!

Bernice: I hope you have an excellent day today.

Carol: Come on hun. You can do it. Are you still going to the gym often? If not maybe you can squeeze a day or two in? My niece is still here until tomorrow morning. She has to be at the airport by 5:30 a.m. So, I will be heading to bead early tonight. lol.

Brenda: Congrats on the -2.75. Wonderful.

Julee: I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better today. It is always that way the day after a flu bug thing. You feel just icky. Hugs.

Debi and Debbie: I hope you are both doing wonderful.

Everyone else: Hugs and hope you are all enjoying life and that is why you are mia.

I signed up for the biggest looser challenge here and need to see when I need to record my weigh in and stuff. Did anyone else here sign up?

Blessings all,
Annie
Closed Thread