Old 12-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #16  

Thank you all for your encouraging posts. I cried reading them... I've love to be a foster mom someday. Any kind of mom, really. I can imagine how difficult is is for those that foster children and become attached to them, and then not be able to adopt them (for any reason). Of course, you want what is best for the child - which could mean going back home with bio mom and dad if they are ready.

I have heard that some clinics here in the US deny treatment to women that are obese. The reason is they don't want to ruin their "numbers". Statistically, overweight women are less successful at responding to fertility treatments and the clinics want to advertise high positive outcomes. Stupid. I am hoping that my doctor would be willing to treat me if there is something not working properly... but DH and I don't think we'd want to do IVF (which is what women often have to go to fertility clinics to get done). We'll see.

DH and I agreed that we'd give it at least another 6 months before we seriously begin the process needed to get our names out there as potentional adoptive parents. We'll wait and see what the doctors say before making any major decision.

I will just continue working towards my health and praying. What else can I do, really?

Thanks again for the support, everyone. It means a lot to me.
InfertileMyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote