Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 06:48 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Just a quick note.

Guess who starts working at her DREAM job on Wednesday? Yup. I got the job. They liked me so much that they cancelled the other interview with the other people and gave me the job. I am soooo excited and thrilled. I start job shadowing on Wednesday. Yeah!

Thanks for all the positive posts and prayers coming my way. I'll be back later.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 11-12-2007, 07:52 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Hi All

How's everybody?

Lindsey - the squash sounds great - so did Jed like it? My DH will eat almost anything I put in front of him - whether he likes it or not - he did tell me tonight though - no fish for him today. He knows its what I always fix with steamed veggies the night before my weigh in. Hope you are home safely. What did you decide to take his folks?

Jar welcome - you will feel very comfortable here - everyone is great. There is so much support you'll wish you would have found it a long time ago.

Catherine a snail the size of a grapefruit seed? Pink scum? I should say you get a special meal tonight. The pics are gorgeous - thank you for sharing. I'm not so sure about the full body shots - I need a little more convincing on that one.

Heather- after this week will things settle down for you? I hope so - you have seemed so stressed. I work much better under stress - just not emotional stress. Deadlines a motivation to me - wish I could make it work in my weight loss journey. I feel like I'm against a deadline though with 12 lbs to lose by December 14. Hmmmm - maybe I should walk the walk instead of just talking.

Battle - I don't think it's just the lighting - you look great!

Nancy - I love the elliptical story - I also love that you finally treated yourself. You should be sleeping in a bed! Rest is an important tool in your healthy you progress - hope you get that bed set up soon. Boy - I don't envy you on the painting though. And to think you loaded (and unloaded?) all yourself. You continue to amaze me - just don't tell me it's a king sized bed and you were able to handle it. You have much to be proud of this weekend! Good luck on the gym trials.

RK - thanks for the info on the cranberries - sounds alot like what Sandi did a few weeks ago. What do you think brown sugar splenda would add to them - or maybe half/half? I'm hibernating too - stupid time change - I'll be this way until spring - GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Carrie - hooray on the loan coming through. Just stay consistently OP and you'll be OK. Glad to hear from you.

Annie - YESSSSSSSSSSSSS - your patience and perseverance paid off on the job front too. I am so happy for you. Do you need to shop for work clothes?

Off to cook the fish and veggies - I decided it's time for a new decade - I've been in this one waaaay too long. The last two weeks the scale has moved only a smidgen - time to kick it in gear this week.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 11-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Heather, so glad that your term is almost over and you can relax some...you deserve it!

Lindsey, I'm so glad that you got to stay OP this weekend. What a great job on getting Jed to eat the right foods too. He seems like a great guy...hold on to that one!!!

Hi Jeanne, and Oh my goodness!! I would not be able to work at a chocolate factory and lose weight!!! I would be sitting in one of the tubs of chocolate!!!!

Nancy, so glad you're having a good time with your Wii. I can't wait to get ours and get movin'. Maybe if it's fun, I'll do it more and get some exercise in. You amaze me on your continued dedication to exercise.

Midnight, so happy to hear that your loan came thru and now you can continue school. Wow, I bet that was a relief!!

Catherine, ooooooooo goodie!!! You got to see the rare snail.... Your adventures are just so great, I just love hearing about them!!! Please tell us more!!!

Annie, YAAAAAAYYYYYY!!! I'm so happy you got the job!!! That is fantastic!!! And something that you WANT to do is the best part. I bet your flying high with knowing you got the job...and hey....how could they pass the best thing that walked thru their doors?

Carol, I'm with you...I've been stuck at this weight too long. It's all out war!!!

I screwed up last night and ate chips,,,and more chips. Today I did much better. It's the nights that are so hard for me with it dark so early and the weather so cold , too cold to go outside. So I sit in the house all day. I can only do crafts and puzzles and watch tv for so long. I did go out though and make sure no trees fell last night...the winds were really blowing!!!
Well, gotta run and do something with myself...everyone have a great night!
Debbie
Old 11-12-2007, 11:34 PM   #19  

YAYAYAYAY Annie! *flings stars* WTG girl.

Catherine, I love your adventures too! OMGosh your pictures are great! Snow.. burrrrr. I'm like you. I believe I'm a misplaced tropical flower and I don't even live as far up north as you!

GGG, ew .. maple/brown sugar flavor to cranberries? nope. Nix the half n half too. LOL

Hugs to all!
Ratkity

Last edited by Ratkitten; 11-12-2007 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:42 AM   #20  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Annie-YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

yuk it up about hiking to see snails and pink slime. That snail only lives in 5 small sulfur springs, only here in Banff and no where else in the world. Himself is convinced that someday they will find that its droppings or something will cure the next big epidemic. I don't know about that, all I know is that I have had so much wine that I shouldn't be able to type. I'm watching Futurama and freaking out. It's the ice wine. It's like ambrosia. Or it's just that it's the dessert wine, and by then I'm so smashed that they could serve me lighter fluid. Should have seen me trying to walk on the ice after that, and climb the steps of the tour bus for the ride back to the Rimrock. Can you imagine driving one of those huge buses on winding mountain roads, after dark, in the driving snow? Good thing I wasn't driving. I'm going to crash before I drop the computer on my foot.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:04 AM   #21  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Annie! Super Congrats to you!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 02:35 AM   #22  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Annie - This may sound strange, because I don't even really 'know' you, but when you posted that you had the job I just got a nice, warm, contented feeling that at least those people who you were going to help were going to be in the safest hands they could possibly be. I am SO very glad for you, but I am also extremely thrilled for them!

Catherine - I am sure that the you 'had to be there' to get the full impact of the importance of that snail. Did you get any photos of the snail? I LOVE the other pics you have posted. I spent a day in Banff a few years ago, because we spent a few months in Calgary, where hubby is from. What a truly beautiful part of the world!
I hope you don't have too much of a headache in the morning from all of that refreshing drink.

Heather - How long is your break? I can understand the stresses of work. We have 4 and a half weeks left of our school year and in that time I have to finish the reports and help organise two whole school assemblies. Oh, what fun! At least I get to spend some time enjoying Christmas crafts and having a nice time with the kids... well, as long as I don't strangle some of them in the meantime. They are beginning to be really nasty to each other (usual end of year stuff) and I hate seeing them like that. They are normally so sweet.
I hope things settle down for you very soon.

Ammi - I am SO sorry that your skin is still causing you problems. I hope that this latest treatment works for you. *HUGE hugs*

Lindsey - Oh dear! I hope Jed's tummy settled quickly. I don't think I ever had problems like that when I started eating healthier food, but I suppose I did it fairly gradually. Now I just have that problem when I eat "unhealthy" food. The other day I decided to try a little bit of quiche type of thing and as soon as I tasted it I knew it was going to be too oily, but I still had to have a second forkful didn't I? Yuck! My tummy was a little funny, but not too bad, but my SKIN was oily for a day or so afterwards and all I can put it down to was that quiche.
I am thrilled that you and Jed seem to be getting along so well. You both look so happy and content in your avatar.

I may have to dash off for a while now, and I'll try to post more individual responses soon.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 11-13-2007, 06:49 AM   #23  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Carrie - Great news about the loan coming through. That must be an enormous load off your mind.
I can relate to putting weight on at that time of the month. I have just managed to get off the 5 pounds I put on a couple of weeks ago when I ovulated and now they are back on again because TOM is due. I'm not sure I like this idea of gaining weight TWICE a month!!!! I hope your little extra weight comes off as quickly as it came on.

Luan - That show you did sounds great. I don't suppose there is much chance that I will get to see it over here. I will have to wait for the reviews from the other ladies.
It sounds as though your career has really taken off recently. You seem really happy with how things are going, which is wonderful.

Debbie - Sorry that the cold weather is giving you a bad case of the 'munchies'. We are currently in a mild heat wave (yesterday we got to 102F, which is pretty warm for Spring weather) which is a little bit of a shock to the system after the cooler weather, but I DO like the fact that I don't feel quite as hungry as I do when it is cooler. My dietitian friend told me that we actually need to eat more in winter, to maintain our body temperature (or something like that) but I'm not sure I needed to eat quite as much as I needed to... my body wasn't THAT cold!LOL

Nancy - I am VERY impressed that you managed to get all of that stuff done the other day with hardly breaking a sweat. Isn't it great when all of this 'fitness' stuff just creeps up on us and all of a sudden we are doing things that we didn't realise we could do? I can understand you wanting to leave putting the bed up until you have painted, but I know that I couldn't stand having something new like that and not using it. I am not a patient person as far as using new things goes.
Have fun doing all that dancing!!!

Jeanne - Welcome to this wonderful group. I hope that you come to love the people here as much as I do. I don't post here as often as I should, but I come on daily to catch up on everyone's lives. We have some very special people here and I love spending time with them. I hope to get to know you better as well.

Ratkity - You know, I don't think I have ever had cooked cranberries. Sounds weird I suppose, but it just isn't something that we eat that much over here. I had never even tried cranberries at all until I had some dried ones in a salad in the US when we were there on holiday a couple of years ago. They are not that easy to get over here I don't think. Do you mainly just have them with turkey at Thanksgiving, or is it a common thing to have all year round?

Battle - I LOVE your new avatar photo!!!! You truly do look beautiful. Kinda glamorous and 'wistful'. I would love to see more of them. And PLEASE don't say that it was just the lighting that makes you look good. The photographer still needs a good model to take good pictures of. They can take a better picture than the rest of us, but they can't make anyone look good without a LOT of Photo Shop (etc.) work. You haven't said that your friend did that with your photo, so I think you deserve every compliment you are getting. Just bask in it for the moment... you are allowed to.

I know that I have probably still missed people out, but I think it is time for bed. I truly enjoy coming on here and seeing how you are all going in your lives all around the world. I love this group of people!

Other than the heat, things are going pretty well here. Only a few (very busy) weeks left of the school year, and then I have a feeling that there could be a few tears from me as I have had most of this current class of kids for two years now and I am going to miss them next year. I will be lost without my own group of 'babies' next year. Oh well... they say that a change is as good as a holiday.

Take care all,

Zelma
Old 11-13-2007, 07:11 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

RK - ok - I'll nix the brown sugar spenda idea - and just to clarify - I meant half regular splenda and half brown sugar splenda - when I read your response I realized it could be taken as the thickish cream stuff - oh my - that would indeed be YUCK.

Thanks for the input and everyone have a great day!

Carol
Old 11-13-2007, 08:08 AM   #25  

GGG hahahahaha, too funny, yes, I though the coffee cream stuff. NOW I know what you meant. *snort* So funny!!

Thanks for the morning laugh!! I needed that.

Luv,
Rat
Old 11-13-2007, 08:41 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Well, another fly-by for me! I'm thrilled to hear about Annie getting the job!!!!! And it's always great to see Zelma posting!

Our exams are right before Thanksgiving (which is next week) and then classes don't start until January. But I'll actually be very busy in December on a couple of projects. I hope to take that Christmas week off, but otherwise, I'll be working. And from January to June it's going to be a circus! I will need all my stress-reducing skills!

I am doing much better this week. Having veggies and tea at work helps. It also helps to stay on top of everything as much as possible!

Last edited by Heather; 11-13-2007 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:14 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!

I had a very unproductive, lazy, 3 days off. You know it's bad when I only have about 3 spritzes of hairspray left and I am too lazy to go to the store to get more!!! (As long as the hair looks good I can ignore the rest!! )

Annie:
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! They knew right away they had a jewel and couldn't let you get away. I hope it is everything you want and the people you will be helping are so lucky to have you!!!!

Catherine: OMGosh...pink goo and snails in the snow...I think I would need much more than a bottle of wine to get over that!! It would REALLY have to sparkle!!! Your accounts of your travels crack me up!! Hope your head feels ok today.

Battle: I am agreement with everyone about your pic...now it's time to own your beauty and stop putting yourself down!! Oh, and I love your glasses...very chic!! !

Carrie: I am glad your loan came through. We are still waiting for my son's...what the heck takes so long, I'll never know.

Jeanne: Oh boy, a chocolate factory. That really is a dream job, but would be a nightmare for me!! Is it anything like Willy Wonka? (Minus the Oompa Loompas, of course!)

RK: I'm with you...my motivation has flown the "coop" ...I wish I knew how to get it back. Why is it when we start we are so gung-ho and then later down the road it all goes kaput?? Oh well, just one day at a time, right?

Gotta run, have to jump in the shower and get ready to "make the doughnuts"(which in this house means make the money...no donuts allowed here!!)

Have a Great Day!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:28 AM   #28  

Lindsey: Thanks for posting the recipe. I bought an acorn squash yesterday before you posted the recipe. I have never had couscous, that I know of so I need to go purchase some and some goat cheese too.

Catherine: I love your posts. I always am feeling like I'm right there with you. I'm afraid that I wouldn't have been very impressed with tiny snails much. I can't stand creepy things. I'm glad you were able to cut loose a bit and relax with some wine. You deserve it. The pictures are amazing. Joel and I are going to get our passports in January, well, we are going to apply for them then, once we get them we will be making another trip to Canada hopefully for more than just one day like last time. I would love to go for at least a weekend. We are so close. It is so beautiful. It looks a lot like where I live only a tiny bit more rugged. Thanks for posting the pictures. Thanks for the congrats on the job too.

Carol: I hope your weigh in is super amazing! I only need to purchase maybe a couple of sweaters to wear with my skirts and slacks for colder days. I have enough skirts and a couple of pairs of slacks for now. My hips are so much larger than my waist that they are loose on my waist and fit fine on my hips. lol. I tried on 3 more skirts in size 24 last night that I had bought in anticipation for fitting into them later and, it is later. I fit into all of them nicely so that upped my work clothes amount. I don't want to buy too many things in hopes that my weigt will continue to fall. A lady from my support group came over the other day and brought another sack of clothes and there are about 3 skirts in there that would be nice for work in a size 24 and a couple in a 22. Thanks for the congrats on my job.

Debbie: Thanks for the congrats. The winds were awful here too last night. I was so scared that some of our roof would blow off like last year but it looks like when my Joel fixes the roof it stays fixed. I was praying though for it to stay put. At my group therapy class thing they were talking about how tired this time change makes them and the therapist was telling us we should all purchase a special light kind of like a sun lamp that we should all sit under for at least 15 minutes a day. It is to treat Seasonal Affective Disorder. I don't get too upset by the winter. I kind of like it so I wasn't really listening too much. lol. Maybe that would help you to not feel so tired and wanting to snack to "hibernate". She said Costco has them for a great price. If you want me to find out more about them let me know as tonight is my group meeting. Hugs.

Ratkitten: Thanks for the congrats. Hugs.

Luan: Thanks.

Zelma: You are so sweet to say that. I think being on here for the past 3 or so years we do kind of get to know each other. We are ourselves here because it is such a comfortable place. I hope that your ending of the school year soon isn't too hard on you. Hugs.

Well, I better head off the computer now. I am going to drop Ammi a quick note then get going. I am working out today with the personal trainer. The last time I will be able to work out with her for a little while until I can come on my lunch hour to see her. I am going to go over to Fashion Bug today or maybe even to Spokane to see about some sweaters. It is getting very chilly here. I have been chilly every time I am in the new building that I will be working in. Two of Joel's sisters are coming here for Thanksgiving. One of them is coming this Friday at 11 a.m. and staying until the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The other one is coming on Monday the 19th and staying until the following Monday. I am looking forward to having them here.

Well, I am off. Everyone have a great day.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 11-13-2007, 09:29 AM   #29  

Heather and Donna: Thanks to both of you for the congrats. Hugs.
Blessings to you both,
Annie
Old 11-13-2007, 09:37 AM   #30  

G'morning all,

Well, after a lazy 3 day weekend, I'm back to work. Bleh. I even thought of calling in sick (mentally) but decided to get my tailend in gear and I made it in. I am a wee dehydrated today as I get dizzy when I haven't had enough water. Too many Coke Zeros. I'm currently drinking water and trying to juice back up.

Deb, glad to hear no trees fell last night. I don't have big trees in my yard, but the neighbors have them and some look sorta scary the way they lean towards my driveway. Well, you ate the salt and I didn't drink much water this weekend. Today is a new day! Both of us need to drink water! Hrm, I just remembered I got into the pistashios last night too (wrote them down and counted in journal). That salt didn't help my dehydration. Time to tank up! (and not the alcohol type hehe).

Catherine, I've never heard of ice wine. I guess it's because my tummy scars can't take any alcohol.. just causes major cramps. No computer dropping on feet! I know you aren't much of a hiker, but your trip sounded heavenly to me!! I love geeky things like that and have an expensive macro lens on my camera just for bugs and pink snail close-ups. Maybe I'm related to Himself? hehe.

Zelma, great to hear you talk about the warm weather in Aussie land! Cranberries are seasonal, but you can buy them gelled in a can all year round or even dried. I had the BEST Native American watercress salad that was wild rice, pine nuts, a few dried cranberries and some other flavors in it while at the National Native American Indian Museum in Washington DC. I only eat cranberries a couple times a year (Thanksgiving and Xmas) when my family makes traditional turkey dinner. A veritable carb fest of homemade stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberries, bread, butter and something green on the side, oh.. and a turkey.. lol.

Heather, hang in there!! Good for you for packing great snacks (stacking up on snacks?). Sorry, I just tickled myself with the snack stacks.

Donna, I used to say that phrase to the animals in the morning "Time to make the Donuts". For those that don't remember or are in another country, that's a phrase from the Dunkin Donut commerical (a donut and coffee franchise) - the Dunkin Donut man gets up early to make donuts fresh every morning (saying that phrase) and ends up meeting himself at the door.

Jeanne doesn't employ Oomp Looompas?! *sigh* My chocolate factory fantasy has been blown apart. Next you'll be telling me that Santa Claus doesn't exist. Geeeesh. hehe.

Hugs and Luv,
Ratkity

Last edited by Ratkitten; 11-13-2007 at 09:39 AM.
Closed Thread