Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 07:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ and Gettin' Fit after 40 #131

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:25 AM   #2  

Morning ladies,

Start of another week. Another chance to get focused and with a clean slate.

Yesterday was a great day. I spent all afternoon outside with the horses while DH watched football. I worked with all three young ones in the round pen. Even Spice and she didn't like it. But its time to get working with her more; hard to believe that that little baby is almost 1-1/2 years old. And I even rode both of the boys. We did lots of ground work before riding so that was lots of walking back and forth for me. I was thrilled to have a fantastic ride on Phoenix with no gooseyness or no real trepidation on my part. Okay I had a smidge when I got on him but just a smidge. And this was the first time I got on Spanky with no expectations of death or severe injury. Except just like last time, he caught a front shoe with his back foot an tripped himself so I have to get that fixed (again) before I can ride him. However, two times now its been two weeks in between and he's been just fine. It felt great and I was exhausted by the time I had everything drug out of the tack room, worked with, and then back. I'm feeling it a bit in my back this morning.

I was up early and did 24 minutes on the stationary bike and 10 minutes of stretching, ab work and generally warming up.

I'm trying to get myself in a more organized mode that includes exercise as a given not a wishful thing to do before I even begin to study for the CPA.

The dryer just went off and its good clothes that I don't want to wrinkle so I better get moving. Have a fabulous Monday.

to all!

Last edited by Terri in MO; 11-05-2007 at 07:26 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Terri -- Wow, CPA exam! Good luck -- I think it's great to be encouraged to push further! Sounds like you're off to a good start this week.

Anyone else up early cause of the time change? I could have slept later -- no problem. It's the dogs that got me up early. Silly dogs can't tell time.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:41 AM   #4  

Smile Good morning!

Good morning ladies, I am up! Ok, I am always up. LOL! I don't sleep a lot and haven't for years. I guess my body got used to it, cause now I feel better when I don't sleep so long. Crazy huh?

Terri, go for it! The CPA exam that is. We should all strive to reach higher and further than we ever have before. You had a busy weekend, no wonder your back is protesting! I have wondered how spice was doing. It doesn't seem possible she is already 1 1/2 yrs. old. Geez, now I know why I seem to be getting older by the minute.

Heather, You should teach those doggies to tell time. I just hate when the time changes. I find myself getting hungry at odd times and sleepy!

This weight loss thing is so strange at times. I was moaning and groaning about no loss on the scales and suddenly there it was! Almost two lbs. I suppose I had some water retention that flushed out of my body and viola, weight loss! Ain't life grand. ( don't shoot me Heather. Ain't, ain't a word)

I have menial chores to do this morning, so I had better get up and do them.

Oh, Hi Val it was good to see you posting. glad you have your computer back, sorta. LOL! Read you later.

Ta for now, Ruth
Old 11-05-2007, 07:46 AM   #5  

Ruth -- How much sleep do you get each night (average)?

Ain't it great when the weight whooshes off?! (whooshes ain't a word either!). I can feel that I am ready to lose a pound or so. It's been coming for a week or so, but not there yet. My clothes are looser. That's okay. I'm willing to be patient this time.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:20 AM   #6  

Smile

Heather, I average about 5 hours a night. Pitiful! Looser clothes are nice too. I still have those chores waiting for me.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:31 AM   #7  

Good Morning Ladies!

I had a pretty good, mostly OP weekend. I say mostly because I went over Saturday a bit, but all in all, not too bad. Given that I quit smoking Saturday, I think I did exceptionally well! Yep, finally quit. Cold Turkey. Not too bad, but I admit I wouldn't mind one right now. I will survive though. I've done it before, I can do it again!

I got my 15th century Florentine gown mostly done this weekend. I still need to make sleeves, but it's coming along. Fits like a dream! I feel like a princess in it.

Terri, WTG on the riding. I too, can't believe Spice is 1 1/2! Seems like only yesterday she was born. I've heard the CPA exam makes the Bar exam look like a kindergarten test. Good Luck to you! Me? No accounting here!

Ruth, WTG on the loss! Keep 'em coming! (And get some sleep!)

Heather, Have a great day!!!

I have to run. Short day for me since I'm hitting the dentist office at 4 p.m. and it's 45 minutes away. So... Bye Y'all - (and y'all isn't a word either!)
Old 11-05-2007, 10:58 AM   #8  

Smile y'all

Lilion, of course it's a word....isn't it? Ow! good luck at the dentist.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:53 PM   #9  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Hey, congrats on the "Whoshing!" Ruth!

TERRI - awesome that you got so much horse-play done this weekend! It IS unbelievable that your 'baby' is 1 1/2 already! I remember logging on eagerly while I was still on the road, hoping to find out if you had a colt or a filly.

LILION - It's lovely when something fits so well and makes you feel so good. DO post pics when the gown is done!

I'm fairly tolerant of bad TV dinners, but this Healthy Choice grilled chicken w/cranberries is just plain gross. For only 270 calories I'll tolerate it for lunch today, but never again. Ugh. At least there's some kind of apple gunk for the desert that's almost tolerable.

I didn't ride Gabe this weekend, but I rode a big draft cross mare. She's only 3 and doesn't go forward well. She stops suddenly while you're trotting, and even when she keeps going, she plays with the bit so much that she swerves like she's drunk. She's lazy, ornery, has a sluggish walk and a brutal trot and isn't much fun to ride, but she's putting some MUCH needed leg muscle and confidence on me.

Work is still good, but I could use another weekend. Back to it....
Old 11-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #10  

Valerie. Phoenix has made those sudden stops on me too. Kinda annoying. I can feel yesterday's riding in my thighs today too. Time for squats and such on the big green resistance ball.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:11 PM   #11  

If ya'll is a word, how about youin's?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:53 PM   #12  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Youins? OK. I'll buy it. Why not?

I'm SO relieved - I quit going to my chiro today. It was so expensive and time consuming that the guilt and annoyance was just too much. It definately did me some good, but I don't know that it's continuing to do so.

GOt a call on the way home that Cody's legs were all cut up. Hurried to the barn and Man! I don't know what he got into! It looks like he was caught in something - abrassions on the back of his legs above the hocks and numerous other scraps on his back legs. His hind end is definately sore, too. Can't figure it out. But at least nothing was too deep or serious. Hopefully he'll be fine for the show next Sunday. It's the first show of the winter series. It would be a pity if Shelby couldn't take him!

Better get off here before my screen freaks out and half disappears again. C-Ya.
Youin's behave y'alls selves!

Last edited by NoLifeWithoutHorses; 11-05-2007 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:33 PM   #13  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Terri, Here's another vote for the CPA exam!

Valerie, Sorry about Gabe... hope he heals up quickly.

Lilion, I want to see that gown too.

I started off the day with a "guilt list" of tasks that keep waking me up at night because they're not done... got through a couple but not the whole list. Tomorrow I'll try to tackle a few more.

I think I found a place to move to, so I've got a lot of work to do packing up the apartment and such. It just seems like I can't get ahead.

But here's to an OP week.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #14  

OMG Angela, those guilt lists keep me up at night too. I HATE that!!

Ruth -- 5 hours isn't much AT ALL! I often get only 6 and don't function so great when I do.

Lilion -- More votes to see the gown

I'm done with yoga and dinner, so that must mean it's time for more grading!

I hope youin's are feeling more in control than me today. I definitely inhaled the food in my desk today! Luckily a small dinner will help keep me on track and the damage won't be too bad.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:24 PM   #15  
Patti

S/C/G: 342/299/135

Ruth good job on the weight loss --- and Lilion, quiting smoking is hard- good for you!

Still - OP!

Gonna get there yet - sorry for the quick update

gotta sleep
Closed Thread