3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ and Gettin' Fit after 40 #130 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/125973-300-gettin-fit-after-40-130-a.html)

Terri in MO 10-29-2007 08:11 AM

300+ and Gettin' Fit after 40 #130

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.

Terri in MO 10-29-2007 08:17 AM

Morning ladies,

So much for well laid plans. I set the alarm for 5:10 and then didn't set the alarm part. Fortunately I work up at 6:30. No exercise and no getting out of the house by 7:15.

Darn it all.

But I am determined that today is a new start. If I am going to ride 3 yo horses, I have to get some of this weight off and over this winter. No more jacking around. I am going to make an appointment to weigh in at the doctor's office on 11/30 and this time, I am going to do it; no cancelling out like I did in September.

This morning I weighed in at 258.6. My goal for my 11/30 WI is 252.0. Its going to take commitment and hard work. And I can do it by setting my mind to it.

Patti - Good job on your OP day!

:wave: to all!

Lilion 10-29-2007 09:49 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

Was a busy weekend for Lilion & co. Did the haunted house Sat. It was fun, although not really worth the price. Somehow I remember them being much scarier when I was in college! Maybe it was the company though - not nearly as likely to get creeped out when you're holding on to your big, strong husband as when you are with a bunch of girls more scared then you are! Still the boys had fun so that's good. Dropped a pretty chunk of change on that little outing though - those things are REALLY pricey when you start paying for four people.

Sunday I got on the scale to a NASTY shock. Saw a number I haven't seen in a LONG while - 240 - Granted, my home scale isn't accurate and usually weighs me quite a bit heavier than the "official" scale - but it was a wake-up call. Been a long time since I saw a "4" as the second number. So I really watched it yesterday and stayed OP. I'll be working on it today too. We also did some housework yesterday. I HATE cleaning - and you could tell from the state of my bedroom. Much dusting later, it's much better. At least I'm not ashamed to let the exterminator see it.

Speaking of exterminators, Did I mention that the Rotten Wench had roaches and now we think we may since her stuff came to my house? We've only seen three total - two in the garage and one in the kitchen, but we called the exterminator anyway. We didn't see a single bug while cleaning out the kitchen cabnets though. I think we've overreacted, but better safe than infested.

I have to go, but will try to check in regularly! WTG to all the ladies staying OP and a big :hug: to those who are still working on it!

Heather 10-29-2007 01:20 PM

Good day, everyone!

The sun shines brighter after your team wins the world series! :D

I posted the November exercise thread for those interested!

Terri and Lilion sound recommitted! Anyone else? I'm still just committed. I finally finally finally got the scale back down to where it was last spring and I do NOT want it going up again! What can we do to remind ourselves every day???

Iwillbe 10-30-2007 07:13 AM

Good morning!

Me, Me!:) I am doing my darnest to be recommited to this op lifestyle. I just have to do it!

Brrr, it is on the very cool side here this morning. I have the heater on and it feels good. with the price of propane, I dislike having to run the heater at all! You gotta do what you gotta do.

With all of my cleaning closets and moving things around I didn't take out long sleeved shirts or sweaters. Now I have to go back and do that. Talk about poor planning!:p I guess that is my job for this morning.

I have a nice talapia fillet out to broil or grill for lunch today:D staying op.:carrot: Not so sure what I will fix to go with that. Any good ideas out there?

Well chickies, I better get up and move while I still have motivation to do so. Take care. Ta for now, Ruth

Terri in MO 10-30-2007 07:55 AM

Morning ladies,

And yes indeedy, I have made it through one day of being recommitted. :lol: I journalled my food. Kept my food within point range. I didn't really get any exercise yesterday because of oversleeping.

But this morning, I was up at 5:20 and found my first Push.tv DVD to start those workouts all over. I did 30 minutes of that before moving on to 20 low intensity minutes on the stationary bike. Its a start. And wholy moly, did my body creak and protest with inflexibility. But it felt good to be moving again.

Nothing else new. Work was okay for my first day back. I have to get myself in a better frame of mind about work. We're almost through a lot of the negativity with the integration. We lose two more people on Wednesday, three people in November and two people in December. Its time to start rebuilding the remaining group and moving forward. Cold hearted but we have to be able to survive the stress. This will be almost two years of going through integration ****. So I'm ready for a positive outlook. And eating right and exercising is going to help me with that. (see what I did there, turned that back to healthy lifestyle! ) :lol:

I better get moving if I'm going to get out of the door sooner than later.

:wave: to all. Come on guys, we've got a month or so before Thanksgiving. We can make a difference for ourselves in these few weeks. We don't have to gain weight over the holidays. Since we've been gaining weight the rest of the year, let's make a promise to ourselves to end this year smaller than what we are now.

Have a great OP day! WE CAN do this!

Heather 10-30-2007 09:02 AM

Ruth -- I love veggies with fish. You could roast some!

Terri-- Attitude is a key for me. Reminding myself about being healthier!

What's everyone doing for Halloween?

We've decided to skip it. We don't have kids of our own and don't want the candy in the house. We live on a pretty busy street though. So, after we're done with our respective sessions with our trainer, we're going to go to a coffee shop to work (I've got enough grading to keep me busy for hours) and stay until 7 or 8.

Yes, we're cowards.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Lilion 10-30-2007 09:38 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

Two days OP and I'm feeling better. The scale is inching the right direction, which I know I haven't actually lost weight yet, but it still looks good to me and gives me a boost. We went out to dinner last night, which was a bit of a trial - nothing like trying to stay OP at a restaurant when you're starved and just trying to get back on track - but I opted for a grilled chicken salad with lowfat dressing, logged my points to the best of my ability, and stayed within my point range I believe.

Anyway, Terri, I hope the job thing goes better now that the cut-backs are about over. Have a good day!

Ruth, I like tilapia with stir-fried veggies and tomatoes and rice. Yum!

Got to run! Later all!

Terri in MO 10-30-2007 09:39 AM

No trick or treaters at our house. Too far out in the boonies. :lol: Just to be safe, we'll shut the driveway gate and lock everyone out. :D

I intend to watch scary movies. Maybe Saw or Underworld.

Ruth - I like brown rice and broccoli with my fish.

luja 10-30-2007 06:45 PM

Hi all - just thought I'd pop in to say hi. Work is insanely busy at the moment and I am using that as an excuse not to eat very well or exercise the way I should. Don't know why I do this every fall. Sounds like folks are working hard on getting back on plan and being fitter for the holidays! I will if you will :-)

Vortex_VVV 10-30-2007 08:11 PM

Glad to hear folks are "recommitted"... I'm trying to be. I'm lucky I haven't gained anything back. I've been eating whatever lately, and not getting much exercise. The only good thing is that I haven't been eating all that MUCH of whatever, so in fact the scale is looking like it's continuing to move down, but it's ridiculous that I'm not working at this more seriously.

Okay, so what can I do to recommit? I'll start by going to the grocery store and getting something healthy I can eat tomorrow! My biggest problem is not shopping and then eating out of the vending machine. Surely I can buy a few groceries.

Heather 10-30-2007 09:28 PM

Angela -- The first thing I had to do when I started all this is break the vending machine addiction. I brought snacks with me to work everyday! Actually, I leave a bunch of snacks at work these days. I always know there's something I really like to eat and that helps keep me on track.

It also helps to make sure you don't have any money for the vending machine!

rileydog14 10-30-2007 09:59 PM

thanks for the encouragment Terri!

Heather, I am completely committed. I'm going to lose 25 lbs by Christmas if not sooner. And my husband and myself are skipping Halloween too. I'm not even going to buy the candy this year. I was kind of put off last year that a couple of the trick or treaters were smoking. Maybe I'm being too judgemental - naw!

Still OP!! That's three days - I did munch on a couple of M&M's today, but stayed well under calories. The scale is again my friend - it said I lost 5 lbs!!! That was extremely motivating!

Keep going ladies!

Terri in MO 10-31-2007 07:42 AM

Morning ladies,

Oh how I can relate to the evil vending machine. That is a downfall for me too. I have made it two days this week without getting anything. There is just nothing healthy and really nothing that tastes as good as fruit and some nuts. I agree about doing so much better when I pack and plan for afternoon snacks. That is when I want to eat the most.

I've done well for two days. Although last night I had my ice cream (does it count if it was light?) for the WEEK. Yep, I'm done with the treats for this week and even the weekend. I'll have to get DH to get me some SF, FF fudcicles. That I can do. I better buy them myself; who knows what he'll bring home.

I was up early and exercising this morning. I think I am having an allergy overload attack from being down at mom's. This morning I have a sore throat. You know the kind? When its just your tonsils that hurt when you swallow? And I'm sneezing. I hope I don't get sick from being down at mom's. Well, that would be one reason not to go back for a while. :D :o Did I say that out loud?

I worked with Phoenix last night. I signed up on the Clinton Anderson website for his No Worries club. It is kind of like here with the blogs and forums and access to his training information. I've gotten some good advice from other folks who are trying to apply the techniques themselves. Darn it all that it is getting dark so early. I only get about 20 minutes of outside time now and it will be none next week. I can't count it as exercise although it did keep me from just sitting down on the couch immediately.

Valerie - Are you doing okay? I saw on the other thread about the very sad news about your friend. I am so sorry for her, her family and for you. :hug:

Okay, gang, looks like we're getting some enthusiasm going here. Patti has a great goal. I'm setting my goal at 10 pounds gone before Christmas. Anyone else want to name a number?

Better scoot or else it will be 8:00 am before I'm ready to leave for work.

:wave: to all!

Terri in MO 10-31-2007 07:45 AM

Oh yes and the not having money trick has saved me many times from being stupid. I don't keep change or one dollar bills in my purse. And I won't stoop low enough to beg for change from anyone either. :lol:

Angela - Shop!