Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 11:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Momma and puppies photos

Sorry, but this has taken a long time and no time for replies. Its past bedtime and the alarm comes early in the morning.

to all! And I did see new ladies and BARB.G back!
Old 09-04-2007, 12:00 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Terri -- OH MY!! That's a lot of puppies all right! They are adorable!
Old 09-04-2007, 03:42 AM   #18  

Smile computer woes!

Hi gang, I wasn't able to get my computer to turn on yesterday. I kept messing with it and am now on line but this thing sounds horrific. I am not sure I will be able to get here again until my SIL comes and takes a look at it, so this may be it for a few days!

We took the wallpaper off the kitchen dining area and painted it this weekend (past), boy I don't know who said they and their DH didn't work well together, but Amen sister. My Dh can get very......how can I say this and not sound *****y? Lets just say we work better alone. It looks nice though. Now on to the dining room, maybe. I checked it out to see how hard removing that paper would be and horrors! There is two layers of paper on that wall. Do Ya think I am going in there with DH to work? I kinda like my head on my shoulders. I will let you know how that turns out!

Barb, great to see you back with us. I have wondered about you. Keep coming back!

Welcome to Xan and Barb(fritofeet).

Terri, the puppies are so cute.

Lilion, you are a super good friend. Try clorox water next. I had a freezer full of seafood defrost one time. I don't remember what finally got the smell out, but I know I washed it out with clorox water among other things.

luga, Hi!
Val, how is the job hunt going?
to heather and anyone else I have missed this morning. The sound of this tower grinding is driving me nuts, so I am going to shut my mouth for now and hope I can get back on to visit with you later. Take care my friends, Ruth
Old 09-04-2007, 07:35 AM   #19  

Hi ladies,

Not much new this morning. I'm working on bill paperwork instead of exercising this morning. I had five days off and you'd think I could have done it then.

I forgot to mention that this weekend, I made a new style of lasagna. Rachel Ray recipe. It is supposed to be Mushrooms and Almond Pesto lasagna but DH said, where's the meat and I don't like nuts in my food. I added a small amount of lean ground beef and lowfat cottage cheese and used regular pesto instead of making almond. However, the result was really good. It basically substitutes portabella mushrooms for a large part of the meaty texture; canned tomatoes instead of sauce and less cheesey. It was really good. If anyone is interested in the recipe; I'll post it.

Ruth - Sorry that you're having computer problems. Hope SIL can fix you up. That was me who said that DH and I don't always work well together. House projects can be a challenge. Good luck. You've done a lot of remodeling recently. Very fun.

Heather - I started to say have a great first day of school but that's next week isn't it?

Barb.G - Yes, we remember you. Good to see you checking in. I hope that you'll come back more often and that we can provide inspiration for you to get back to healthier habits.

Luja - I'm with you. When the days get shorter and its dark outside when I come home, I tend to think its time to put on pj's and sit on the couch - at 6 pm. Sounds like you had a busy weekend. And really, YUCK, on being able to tell pig fat from beef fat. Just imagine the remarks doctor's make and that's a detourant too!

Lilion - Lady, you are one **** of a friend. You have outdone yourself for this friend. I hope that you can find some normalcy again soon. Good luck with the freezer and the car.

Xan - Welcome to the group! And double YUCK on the maggots. That would pretty much do it for me.

FritoBarb - Also, welcome to the group! A lot of us have been struggling this summer too. Don't beat yourself up over it but don't give free rein either. I hope that we can help inspire and motivate you!

Valerie - Good job on leaving the cake alone. How was the walk with the doggies?

I better get out and feed the starving masses before hitting the shower. It is back to work today. And that also means back to the routine. Which always helps.

to everyone and have a great day!

Last edited by Terri in MO; 09-04-2007 at 07:37 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:23 AM   #20  

Good Morning Ladies!

Boy am I TIRED today! DH came home from work 3 hours early because his back has been giving him fits. (Gee, could it be that we moved a reclining sectional sofa, loveseat, two swivel rockers and a couch and another loveseat and a dresser up two flights of stairs and down two flights of stairs on Sunday?) Anyway he climbed into bed with me about 5 a.m., waking me up, but I still napped until 6:30. Obviously, no elliptical for me this morning. Today I have five hearings and I have to get to the bank to start the refinance on my friend's car she's taking with her because I WILL NOT be stuck dealing with Wells Fargo if she doesn't pay.

WELLS FARGO IS THE WORST LENDER IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!

But I digress. We also have to help her move the rest of her stuff to storage after I get off work and before Jim goes to work. Need to get it done today, it's supposed to rain the rest of the week. Under normal circumstances, we would just lend her my DH car and our trailer, but when we did that last week it came home with a dented quarter panel; she has NO idea how it happened. So that's it for lending the car.

Then she may stay with us a couple days until she leaves. I say may, because she is welcome, but her boyfriend is not, for various reasons. So she may not want to stay either. Up to her. Then she will be gone and my stress level will drop dramatically.

On the freezer front, it's smelling a little better today. I'm going to give it until Saturday and if it's still really funky I'll try bleach and coffee grounds to absorb the order. In fact, I'll be using coffee, kitty litter, baking soda and charcoal all at once in the thing. If I have to keep the thing in my garage, it has to not stink!

Terri- What CUTE puppies! I especially like puppy #1 - he's SO sweet! That looks like a tired mamma, with that many mouths to feed! I'd love the recipe for the lasagna! I love mushrooms and have pesto in the freezer I haven't had a use for since I made.

Ruth- I've been wanting to do my kitchen and dining room too. I've picked out the paint and everything. We're also planning on painting all the woodwork in the house since we have the basic 70's cheapo moldings, but like everything else in my life, we havent gotten to it. We also have at least two layer of wallpaper. I've disliked it since I moved in. It's a very country blue floral stripe - NOT my style at all. But it is good paper and I've been so afraid to try to remove it I've lived with it for five years now. Maybe someday.

Time for me to go. Hearing #1 approaches! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 09-04-2007, 01:26 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Terri -- Yep, school starts next week. This week is a bunch of "opening week" activities. We had a welcome back brunch today and I was strong and resisted all the tempting pastries! We'll see how I fare at the "Welcome Back" dinner tonight!

I'm starting to think there have got to be ways to Welcome people back that don't involve food!!!

Lilion -- This thing with your friend sounds so stressful. I sympathize, and empathize. I have a good friend who can make things very difficult at times (things seem to happen to her...). Anyway, good luck!
Old 09-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #22  
MTM

Hi Everyone.

Well, two weeks have passed since my brother's heart attack, and so far he's behaving, as far as we know. I haven't seen him for a few days, but the last time I did I'm positive he wasn't smoking, and I hope he's not drinking. I'm trying to get things back on track at home--it's been difficult. I have done fairly well OP, but I know I could have done better. Am striving for that now.

Personals later--I need to get some work done--I haven't been here (at work) much, either.

Welcome back Barbara!

Charlotte
Old 09-04-2007, 07:26 PM   #23  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Not much going on here, just trying to see what's going on with all of you.

Barb, Welcome!

Barbara, Welcome back! Time to take care of YOU!

Heather, My semester's going okay, I guess. Last week I had students not reading already, which is way, way too soon, so I'm a bit frustrated.

Xan, Welcome back (though I didn't know you before). What's your field? I'm in English.

Lilion, I'm so sorry your weekend was crummy. What a nice friend you are!

Terri, Oh, I wish I could adopt one of those puppies!

Ruth, Good luck with all that wallpaper!

Charlotte, Hang in there, and take care of yourself!
Old 09-05-2007, 07:37 AM   #24  

Morning ladies,

Not much going on here this morning. I chose to work on paperwork instead of exercise this morning. Its a curse being an accountant type sometimes.

I need to get outside and get everyone taken care of and try to do it a little quicker this morning. Except I have to give meds to the puppies so that out to be an experience. But a few have a respiratory infection and need antibiotics.

Last nights exercise was just taking care of all the animals and cleaning the dog cage. It took me well over an hour and a half just doing that kind of work last night. Food was pretty good except for the lunch I had. I didn't realize it was so many points (16!!). I really need to be able to do math in my head because I figured it was going to be around 9.

Charlotte - Good to see you checking back in. Hopefully your DB will have had his wakeup call about the smoking. DH had his last cigarette in the parking lot of the emergency room before going inside to find out he's had a heart attack and required a triple bypass. Hasn't smoked one since. If it hadn't been for that, he never would have given them up voluntarily. for him.

Lilion - Geez, girl, you will need to have a few martini's on your birthday just to get over all this trauma with helping your friend. I highly recommend chocolate ones.

I better get moving. to everyone!

Let's keep motivated; keep our sanity around the food and keep moving. This may be harder after 40 but I'm finding out that it can be done if I just get real about what I'm doing.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:35 PM   #25  

Lilion - you are a GOOD friend.

Terri - Those puppies are adorable! I am glad you live so far away :-)

Hi to everyone else - gotta run!
Old 09-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #26  
Vortex

Felt relatively productive today. I guess the long weekend--I did no work at all but did a lot of clothes shopping --was useful. Now I just need to get my exercise in before it gets any later.

Terri, You're such a good foster mom! Hope the pups took their meds okay.

Luja, Hiya!
Old 09-06-2007, 10:59 AM   #27  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

OMG! I'm so behind. WELCOME to the newcomers! BARBARA, Welcome back!!! TERRI, I've got dibbs on... #6 I think it was - the B&W one. CHARLOTTE, gosh I hope your brother's doing better!

Friends - I'll have to catch up later - emergency trip to vet for my sweet Max (collie mix.) Had the runs & the ralphs for a couple days and it's not passing.

BUT - I HAD to report (because I'm FINALLY proud of myself) that at weigh-in at the doc's this a.m. I am down 11.5 pounds.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:03 AM   #28  
Vortex

YAY Valerie! Hope the vet gets Max fixed up quick.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #29  

Good Morning Ladies!

Angela - Buying new clothes sounds productive enough to me! Hope you got some good deals!

Luja - Thanks.

Terri - What a good furmom you are to clean up after that many dogs! No matter how cute - that's a ton of work! Chocolate martinis? I don't know what I'd think of that. I'm a vodka martini girl. I always thought gin tastes like perfume. DH, DS and I are going to my all-time favorite restaurant tonight - J. Bruner's at Lake of the Ozarks. It's going to be very fattening and I don't care. They make the best onion rings I've ever eaten and this wonderful sauted chicken liver and mushroom appetizer. I think they've changed owners, so I hope they are still as good as they used to be!

Charlotte - I'm glad to hear your BIL is doing okay! Hope you come back and write more soon!

Heather - Every celebration/event seems to involve food. From welcome-back to good-bye! I wonder if it's a holdover from medieval days where feasts were used for celebration purposes...or if even cavemen celebrated with food?

Valerie on the loss! And to Max! I hope the vet finds nothing serious!

Well, my friend is leaving today. She'll be coming by between 11 and 1:30 to have coffee with me one last time, then hitting the road. I'm okay, I suppose. Got a little teary last night, but more because DH is to the point where he just wants her gone and it kind of hurt my feelings - no matter how much trouble she's been, she's still been my best friend for the best part of 10 years! But I do understand his attitude, which adds guilt to the sadness. The dent that ended up in our Escape when she was using it - they estimates were between $800 and $1800! And we have a $500 deductible. Guess we'll live with a dent for a while. We've ended up doing so much and giving so much lately - it's just been nickel and dime, but still a burden on us, even though I've volunteered. But he's tired of it. Truth be told, so am I, but I still hate my friend moving.

Her ex stole her dog some months ago, and now the new boyfriend who gave her a new dog but she just broke up with has taken her new pup too! She's actually adopting a dog today before she leaves from the pound. She's a cute mutt that is so sweet and calm and past her euthinasia date, but they had just kind of given her a stay at the shelter hoping someone would claim her. My friend stopped by and found her yesterday and decided they need each other. I think she's nuts, taking a new dog in a car for 17 hours to a new house with dogs already there...but I suppose worst case senario she can't handle it and takes her to another shelter, she's only lost her adoption fee and the dog gets a fresh start too where someone may want her.

I'm rambling and must stop... to you all!

Last edited by Lilion; 09-06-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:55 AM   #30  

Just a little update. My friend left without coming to say goodbye. She said on the phone she couldn't face it and was afraid she'd not leave if she stayed another minute. And I'm about as hurt as I can be. I can't believe she didn't let me say goodbye in person.
Closed Thread