3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   +300 Weekly Thread #1121 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/121322-300-weekly-thread-1121-a.html)

Debbie54 09-02-2007 11:54 AM

See John, with a little patience and perserverace (?) we all knew you could do it. :congrat::broc::celebrate: to ya and keep up the good work!!!!

Lindsay, so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. It's so hard to be far from someone you love when you have other commitments. All we can do is say prayers for her and hope for the best. I'm sure she knows that she is in your heart and only wants the best for you.
My son was never like this before. We were very close and it was always just him and me since his father never wanted much to do with either of us and we got divorced. He's cut his dad out of his life for over 9 years now, but he was never close to his dad and he saw things he shouldn't of. And yes, he is totally influenced by his wife....I believe that...but still, it hurts like **** to know that he also was involved in it.

To the rest of you chickies, have a great Labor Day!!!

NoLifeWithoutHorses 09-02-2007 12:58 PM

Been gone a few days, but I’ll try to catch up where I can.

DEBBIE, I drove a ‘vette once. Well, didn’t exactly ‘drive’ it. Back when I drove a car hauler, I transported one for it’s owner who had moved from NYC to Omaha. They assigned it to me, I’m sure, because any of the guys would have had to play with it. What a touchy monster to handle – just loading it was tricky. I got to the delivery point WAY early so I could get the thing off my truck with no rush, without doing it in front of the owner. He was so excited to have his ‘baby’, that he got there way early, too. In the end, I had him actually take it off the truck, even though I was liable if he damaged it. I can drive any other vehicle I’ve ever encountered, but not a ‘vette. I hope you get yours some day, but I think I’ll stick to something bigger and roomier, like a Cavalier or a Ford Focus… or a pickup to haul horses.

I was so proud of my girlfriend at work. The first day I went to walk with her, we were just going to walk one lap around the hall outside the break area. But she went for two, then she went for three. We stopped then because her hip started hurting. She’s in the 4’s, so this is a challenge for her. CATHERINE, I’ll tell her what you said. Also, I hope they get the $$ they need for those horses out in OK. It’s going to be really hard on the wild ones this year, too.
OMG! I just read about your heart check-up. THAT’S FANTASTIC! THAT is the queen of all NSV’s, for sure! …but… cheerios & BBQ sauce??? Whatever floats your boat…

NANCY, uh, yeah, 3 point turn is pretty common. Perhaps he was just having a brain fart. Silly car man. * Not the most fun – moving your ex. I hope you have a good time once you’re done with that. How’s YOUR new place? I hope it’s perfect! You’re so close to hitting that hundred mark. I’m excited for you!

BRANDNEW, You certainly have a challenge making everyone happy AND healthy at every meal. You can do it, but they may whine just a bit now and then. Then it’ll be your turn to tell your folks ‘it’s for your own good.’ * I hope you get a chance to go on that trail ride someday soon. You have some of the most beautifully colored horses out there in the west. I used to wonder if it was my imagination that their coloring just seemed more vivid sometimes. Then I read the ingredients on a product that’s supposed to enrich your horse’s coat, and guess what – it included grasses from out there. I’ve always love Wyoming, but haven’t seem much of it except along I-80. We drove up to Casper a couple times, and once came from the Titans back down to Rawlins, but I’d love to see more of the state some day! What a great place for a trail ride!

WYLLENN, Oh my! When did you move to the Land of Lincoln?? I missed that. Sorry. That explains the balls games in the Windy. I just figured your Motor City boyz were over there visiting. Thankfully, at the moment anyway, my butt doesn’t need kicking. I’m on day… 11, and going strong. OK, I’m slacking a bit in the exercise department, but I see that it’s September, so there’s one more reason to get ‘er goin’.

LINDSEY, I know what you mean about feeling good after a workout. I used to get out of 90 minutes of aerobics & kickboxing, and go walk at the track just because it felt so good. I remember realizing for the first time that I could actually let go of the hand rails on the treadmill, because my balance had improved so much. But starting back up is so hard. I remember what if felt like to achieve that progress, and now I’ve let so much of it go and have to do it again. Loud music will help. I just have to make the decision, and DO it. * GREAT NSV about the desk – SO OUCH about your feet tho! ** I’m so sorry for the whole situation with your Gma. I’m sure I can’t imagine how difficult it must be for you, but it’s beyond your control. For your Gma, as well as yourself, I hope you can keep those grades really high this year.

Oooo, META – I had already forgotten the salsa in tuna – trying that today for sure! That’s really wild about your ice/iron thing. Pretty amazing!

STORY – Good you see you! I hope the appointment Tuesday goes well. GOSH! Those burgers sound miserable! Those chicken wraps McD’s came out with made me so quickly, so violently ill – You’d think we’d learn that the stuff they’re selling us ISN’T FOOD! All of it is so wretchedly unhealthy! * I hope you get past this most recent plateau and move on down smoothly for a while. BTW, I love your tag lines.

ANNIE – So glad you felt up to checking in with us, even briefly! Just do what you need to to heal – we’re here waiting for you! <HUGE HUGS!>

Hi LOSINJUSME! Hi BATTLEAX!

Good to see you back, DONNA – Good job setting aside the fire sticks!!!

BIG JOHN, I think I understand about just being exhausted and not being able to find a rhythm – you pretty well nailed how I’ve felt at times. I think that, especially for those of us with weight issues, sleep isn’t always restful because of apnea, and I find that the very foods I crave are the ones that make me feel lethargic and depressed. This eating thing is such a hard cycle to break, but it can be done. ** Look at you – I just read your 7 pound post! Awesome! BRAVO!!

WELCOME, VALPAL! Yup. I hear you on the ‘easing up.’ It’s so easy to fool ourselves, but if we didn’t make mistakes we wouldn’t be human. It’s just a little week or two setback tho, isn’t it? I’m looking forward to celebrating with you when you do break that 00! I’m sure the MS has added a whole new dimension to your journey, too. I didn’t realize that raising one’s body temp made the symptoms worse. You’ve enlightened me a bit. FANTASTIC that at least you’re in remission now. It must be wonderful to get on with the things you want to do!! I’m glad that hike yesterday was not only possible, but that you did it!

Ah, XENA, Now I know who to come to for accounting tutoring… If I ever get around to it again. I hope the semester is a good one for you, and great job continuing to lose even!

Well, I’ve made it to day 11, and had to think about it to even figure out how long it’s been. I broke down and had a little pizza with DH last night. He’s so rarely home (and he’s pulling out of the drive on the way to Salt Lake City and Vancouver as I type) so I splurged. I climbed on the scale this a.m. fully expecting it to have climbed 3 pounds just due to the sodium and lack of exercise lately, but it dropped a couple instead. Heavens, you just never know what that devilish little machine is going to do. Official WI isn’t until Thursday – I have today plus three to show progress – so I’m gonna really try and kick it until then.

I need to focus on more fruits and veggies today….

33tekfan 09-02-2007 01:32 PM

Hi everyone!

Here I am, back again. No reason for my absence, really. Just life and being busy. School has started here again so I have a little more time to myself during the day to catch up on things.

I'm not going to do personals today since I have missed out on SO much. Welcome to the new folks though!

Hope everyone is hainvg a great op day!

Cris

Outland 09-02-2007 01:55 PM

Debbie you Avitar cracks me up and yes you're right. Just sometime I just wish I didn't always feel like i'm crawling and scratching my way to get there. LOL

Val- yeah it also doesn't help that those same foods that help you along in making you fat and lazy are also the cheapest and when your on a budget make it even harder.

Hi ValPal- I understand the raising of the body temp. I have a deisease that in the same group as MS. I even have to watch myself even if its just a hot shower. I've gotten outta the show and sat infront of a fan for 20mins just cause I feel so light headed. Its one of the reason why I walk early in the am or late at night.

HI to everyone else!

CatherineM 09-02-2007 03:04 PM

Meta-Har Har, I have not actually eaten any dirt. Right now I am surviving on diet ginger ale and dry cheerios.

Debbie-I ended up not going today after all. I’m ensconced in the bedroom with the nerd invasion in the living room. I was just too nauseous this morning. I almost threw up in church, and since I’m in the choir, that would have been dramatic.

Lindsey-When someone has lost the will to live, it really is just a matter of time no matter how old they are. I know that doesn’t help you any. I went vegetarian at your age, and promptly had to have my gall bladder taken out. To help your body adjust to not having to digest meat anymore, try to eat artichokes a couple of times a week. It is supposed to be really good to help you balance bile.

John-I am jealous at how quickly guys can lose weight. My husband can do that. He doesn’t really try very hard, and then loses 5-10 pounds. Wouldn’t it be great if it always worked like that? If you have trouble with heat, move up here. We got down into the 40’s last night.

Valerie-I had some pasta last night too that I’m not used to eating. I was trying to find something that appealed to me. I’m having trouble with smells. He made a sausage this afternoon, and I wanted to throw up just smelling him cook it. I know if I don’t eat that my metabolism will just shut down. I’m trying to keep some dry cheerios down right now.

I’m just trying to get enough calories right now. That’s as bad for me as getting too many. I’m going to go to the “other doctor” on Tuesday. We’ll see.

Heather 09-02-2007 03:19 PM

Valerie -- heh. I've lived in Illinois for over 7 years! But I did used to live in Michigan and that's probably what you coded.

I'm glad to see you're making progress- I hope the pizza doesn't derail you!!

LindseyLouWho 09-02-2007 03:28 PM

Hello everyone! Today is turning out to be a lazy Sunday indeed...

John, congrats on losing 7 lbs! See, just when you think things are going badly, things perk right up! I'm along with the others about being envious of you men's ability to lose so quickly. :lol:

Debbie, I'm sure that your son will eventually figure out that DIL is no good for him and you'll have your great relationship with him back. It's just a matter of time. I know waiting is the hardest part, though...

Valerie, there's no predicting those scales. One week you're sure you're going to gain because you've gone way off plan, but you end up losing... the next, you stay perfectly OP and then stay the same or gain. It's enough to drive everyone here crazy! Congrats on losing and I hope that it sticks until official weigh-in day!

Catherine, I never heard anything about a problem with bile before, but I will try and eat those artichokes. I haven't been much of a meat eater in a long while, only eating a little lunch meat around 4 times a week for the past month. Even if I'm not problem prone, I love artichokes anyway! I can never remember how to prepare them fresh, so I usually just end up buying the frozen artichoke hearts.

All I've done today is a little vacuuming and some sweeping, oh and I changed the bed. I need to start re-reading The Great Gatsby for my literature class to refresh my memory on it as we're supposed to have a discussion on Tuesday about it.

I also ordered a vegetarian omega 3 supplement, because apparently vegetarians tend to have very high levels of omega 6, but relatively low omega 3 levels, and if those get off balance it can cause you to be prone to inflammation and other nasty things according to several websites I've read. I also ordered a vegetarian B12 supplement that comes in lozenge form that you're supposed to stick under your tongue to dissolve (apparently that helps with absorption). Everything else I think I have under control... although if any of you can offer any expertise of something that isn't common knowledge, please let me know.

Well, I should probably go and tackle the rest of the housework. Yuck.

Debbie54 09-02-2007 04:24 PM

Catherine, I think I hear the pitter patter of little feet coming to your house!!! :preg:

CatherineM 09-02-2007 08:29 PM

Linsey-What happened with me is that my body had been used to eating a certain amount of meat, so it continued to produce bile even when I quit needing it. It started to crystallize and make a bunch of little BB sized stones. Then when it finally got the hint and quit producing bile, the little BBs were no longer floating around in the liquid bile, so they basically fell into the pipe between my gall bladder and liver. It’s when the pipes get clogged that it hurts, and I mean it hurts. If it happens, you’ll know it. It feels like you are being stabbed through with a spear right under your right breast. Years ago Nutrisystem got sued because a bunch of people on their diet all had to have their gallbladders removed. I eat very little meat, and I find fish oil and B12 critical to keeping my energy level up. I also have access to freshly made tofu in China town here.

Debbie-I haven’t had trouble getting pregnant. I have trouble staying that way. The only explanation the OB can come up with is that obese women hold their estrogen in their fat, and it isn’t available for placental development. I’ve had my estrogen tested, and it has been fine though. There’s even a chance that when I was hurt that I actually received some kind of injury to my uterus that doesn’t show up on the ultrasounds that prevents implantation. Normally with 45 year olds, he is trying to figure out why they can’t get pregnant. This would be number 5 in the last 2 years. It really causes heck with my body and my diet.

dogpal 09-02-2007 09:20 PM

Battle: Congrats on the scale moving!

Ideal: Congrats on loosing another 3 pounds!

Val: I’m up today and on the computer a bit. Congrats on sticking to plan. You rock. I am so proud of you for all the staying op you are doing! Keep on going sweetie. You can do this!

Zelma: How is it going with the choir joining? I hope you have a blast

Heather: sorry about your toes! Nothing worse than messing up a good pedicure! Congrats on your new muscle too.

Debbie: Congrats on another -3 pounds. Hugs about your son and DIL. Things usually work themselves out eventually. It hurts for a while then hopefully your son will see the truth.

Beckee: Welcome! Glad to have you on board with us.

Lindsey: Congrats on starting back to school. Glad your University has a good dining hall. Sorry about your shoes causing you a blister. Huge congrats on being able to use the writing table. Wonderful NSV. Sorry to hear about your Grandma. Hugs to you sweetie.

Catherine: Hugs to you sweetie. If you are pregnant, I hope you and your baby are HEALTHY! I am soooo happy that your Heart is fine!

Brandnewme: Glad that your pity party is over. Hugs. It is hard to cook for people when you are trying to lose weight and eat healthy if they don’t want food that way. I know you can do it doll. Hang in there. If I can stay on that stupid liquid diet from April 16th until well, now, anyone can just say no to unhealthy food. I was the sugar fiend of the world. I know you can do it.

Ratkitten: Hugs

Nancy: Thanks for the beautiful card! I am sorry that your Yoga teacher had such a crappy reaction. Poo to her.

Meta: Ummm squirrel. Lol. Congrats on getting into smaller clothes. I think it is great that you are bundling up your summer stuff and giving it away. You can do it!

Luisingjusme: Welcome.

Storey: I hope all goes well at the Surgeon’s office on Tuesday.

John: I hope you are not in too much pain from the fall you took. Congrats on another -7. You are doing so well. Hugs.

Donna: Glad you had a great, though hot time at Disneyland. Congrats on stopping the smoking. I am so very proud of you for that my dear, I could burst. Have fun with the girl party.

Valpal: Welcome

Xena: Hi, glad to see school is going so well. Congrats on loosing some more weight. Yes, Exercise does get the endorphins going and help with depression tons.

Cris: Hi girl. Hugs.

Well, I think I have caught up for the week. Hopefully I will be able to come back on line a time or two each day to stay caught up. I have been feeling great. Since the 1st of September I have managed to walk 80 minutes. I am very tired but things are moving along. I am soooo stuffed all the time that getting my water and protein drinks in is kind of a struggle. I know things will get better. I cleaned out the frig today because well, I'm so anal about cleanliness. My help, sister Terri, went home on Saturday because she is an A#$. I don't know how to describe it any other way than that. Oh, well, I will manage without her or anyone's help. I will just do things extra slowly. MY DH has been fixing our roof, finally, where it all blew off this past winter. I am so happy and excited that he is doing it himself because that saves us so much money. He only has a tiny bit more to go over the garage and then he will be all done. Yipee!

Well, I hope you are all doing awesome. If I didn't mention you by name please forgive me. Hugs to you all.

Blessings,
Annie

Heather 09-03-2007 12:04 AM

Annie -- SO GOOD to hear from you! And walking already!!! :woohoo:

Outland 09-03-2007 12:28 AM

Thanks annie I'm doing well. I'm used to trips and spills so I bounce back quick just that one caught me off guard. somedays I think i need to be wraped in bubble tape lol.

Gald your up and around and doing well

Heather 09-03-2007 08:14 AM

STOP!!!!

It's a new week and time for a new thread!

Join us at 300+ Weekly Thread #1122!!