3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Awesome August Exercise Thread! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/119160-300-awesome-august-exercise-thread.html)

Heather 07-29-2007 07:55 PM

300+ Awesome August Exercise Thread!

:welcome:
...To the August exercise thread! We're trying to make exercise a habit, give ourselves some accountability, and get healthier in the process!

In this thread, we track the number of MINUTES we exercise for the month
-- whether it's walking or swimming or sweaty housework! Most of us set goals for ourselves (I personally will not exercise much without a goal). If you are a goal-setter, early in the month set your own goal! If you're just getting started, feel free to start with a smaller number of minutes (I did!), maybe just a few hundred. It seems easier for many of us to build on the habit rather than meet a very high goal right away. However, you can also just jump right in without a goal, and you can join us anytime in the month!

And you want to jump in, because one of the main reasons to be here is to track how many minutes we exercise as a group! In 2006 we came close to 200,000 minutes. I'd love to see us surpass that goal this year. Here's where we stand!

Jan 19,532 min
Feb 14,818 min
Mar 20,190 min
Apr 18,336 min
May 16,343 min
June 21,703 min
July 21,214 min
------------
TOT 132,136 MINUTES to date!

We are well over halfway there!

Finally, if you're new to this, pay attention to how to add your minutes to the group... people get confused if they can't easily see our new total. I recommend showing the previous total, then your minutes, then the new total (which should be the sum of the other 2 numbers). For example, if the group had done 500 minutes already and you did 30, here's what you would do:

Group total ~ 500 + 30 = 530 minutes

Let's continue to make 2007 great by more moving and shaking!!

Heather 07-30-2007 08:12 AM

Okay, I'll start. I'm going to keep my goal at 40 min/day. I was really looking to blow past it for a while there, but my knee kept me back... :( I don't want to push it too much.

So, August has 31 days... so, 1240 again.

Ratkitten 07-30-2007 08:31 AM

My August goal will be 1000 minutes again!

Luv,
RK

bodyTOObootylicious 07-30-2007 11:43 AM

My goal will be 1000 minutes as well :)

Vamp 07-30-2007 12:38 PM

My goal (my first exercise goal, whew!) will be 800 minutes. :)

jaxnlula 07-30-2007 01:14 PM

Hi! My personal goal for this month is 1,200 minutes. (It seems like a lot.)
I can do it!
good luck to everyone!
:carrot:

NotTheCheat 07-30-2007 01:18 PM

Since I made my July goal of 1200, I will up August to 1300.

Idealmuse 07-30-2007 01:45 PM

Is it okay if I just post my total mins at the end of the month? I'm not good with checkin in often, and I don't have a specific minute goal other then 6 days a week of atleast 2 miles walking (and sometimes as much as 4-6 miles)

I'll post my July Mins in the July thread after the month is over.

Heather 07-30-2007 04:44 PM

Idealmuse -- You are not required to set goals and can certainly post at the end of the month! (Though, I'm glad others like to post during the month -- it's fun to watch the minutes go up and up and up all month long!)

Those of you just getting started, think realistically about the goals. I personally needed to build up, both from a physical perspective, but also a psychological one (though, I started this thread because exercise is tough for me mentally!). At first, the thought of 40 min a day (1200 min) would have been overwhelming. Now I'm good. Some days I exercise for an hour, and I take some days off. This month I was, for once, going gangbusters to really exceed my goal and then had to take time off for my knee to recover. I will still make my goal, but only just.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone-- just giving another perspective!

Vortex_VVV 07-30-2007 07:36 PM

This month is a tough call for me. I'm not going to make July's goal (620). Plus I will spend 2 weeks in Ohio, trying my best to see after my mother. I'll try to keep exercising while I'm out there, but there aren't any guarantees.

On the other hand, 620 is only 20 minutes a day, and I really should be able to manage 20 minutes a day. So I'm going to go ahead and shoot for it again. (I also have a weight loss goal of 10 pounds in August, so I need all the exercise I can get!)

Here's hoping everyone has a great August.... take care of that knee, Heather!

Xena2005 07-30-2007 10:13 PM

Assuming I get in at least 30 minutes in the morning (which I am planning on), I will have made it to 700 this month, surpassing my goal of 650. I think for August I will challenge myself and set my goal at 800. Although that's somewhat of a big jump I think I can do it. Looking back at July, I was fairly consistant with exercising at least 5x per week except this past week where I let work stress get the better of me. If I can stay consistent each week in August I should make 800 easily.

Besides pushing myself exercise-wise, I really want to make August a month where I am very focused on doing things I need to do to lose weight. I find myself on one day, off the next. I am not making this project my top priority and it really needs to be. So, I guess I am on a tangent here since this is the exercise thread, but I just wanted to put that out there.

Thanks, Heather, as always for coordinating this thread. It really has helped me to increase the amount of exercise I am doing.

balloonlady 07-31-2007 12:09 AM

My goal is going to be 1200.

AmmiUK 07-31-2007 05:57 PM

OK well I'm increasing my exercise for this month, so my goal will be 2000 minutes.

Hugs,

Ammi :chicken:

dogpal 07-31-2007 10:58 PM

I did so well last month on my 1600 minute goal. I made it to 3933 minutes for July. I want to up my goal to more than this but with surgery and tons of Dr. appointments this month and at least 1 full day where they are not allowing me to exercise I am going to say I will have a goal of 2200 for August.

Good luck to everyone! You are all doing so great.
Blessings all,
Annie

Heather 07-31-2007 11:08 PM

ANNIE!!!! 3933! :yikes: and wowsa!!!

CONGRATS!