Old 06-21-2007, 09:36 PM   #1  

Default *Waves* Newbie here! ~~~~

Hello all,

I'm new here, but have been lurking a while. I started my weight lost journey in April 2004 and have lost 103 lbs so far. I started at about 350 lbs and am now at 247. I had a few months this year of a significant gain during a time when I was depressed about still being fat! I feel like I'm back on track now and am writing things down again. What was more upsetting was how fast I could pack on 20 lbs without trying very hard.

This past April, I had my right foot fixed and a bone broken and reset at a proper angle.. something I had been putting off for a few years. Da foot is nearly all healed and I am back moving again. I have a treadmill that is lonely and would like to get back in the rhythm of doing walking every morning.

I would like to connect with you folks and share experiences with your weight loss journey!

Hugs,
Ratkitten
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:53 PM   #2  

Welcome!! Congratulations on losing 100+ pounds, that is amazing. I hear what you're saying about being able to gain the weight back so quickly, but it sounds like you are back on track and this is definitely a great place to get support and motivation.
Zest4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Welcome!!!!

It's a real accomplishment to keep off that much weight!

Feel free to join us in the Weekly numbered threads -- they move fast, but that's where much of our support occurs!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:10 AM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Wow - 103 pounds - that's fantastic!!!! Definitely please join us over in the numbered threads.

It can be so depressing how hard it is to lose it in comparison to how easily it comes back on again. That is great that you are catching yourself now.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:35 PM   #5  

Thank you for the welcome!

I've posted a little bit more about myself in the weekly threads.

TODAY I DID IT! *shouts and does snoopy dance* I exercised!

I've needed the great stories and support I've seen here. You all are inspiring.

Luv,
RK
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

RK -- If you want to help us celebrate exercise please add your minutes to our group total (see exercise thread stickied at the top of the page). We are trying to exercise 200,000 minutes as a group this year and can use all the help we can get!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:06 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

And wow congratulations on losing 103 pounds! Great job!!!

Glad you posted in the weekly thread... I will have to bop right on over there and learn more about you!

And I would echo Heather's encouragement to please join us in the exercise thread so you can report your minutes and help us reach our 200,000 minute goal this year! Oh and it is NOT a contest... we are all at different levels and everyone sets their own goal for the month... or some don't set a goal at all but just go do it. Whatever works for you! Hope to see you there.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote