3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready to Try Again #1105 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/111934-300-ready-try-again-1105-a.html)

33tekfan 05-11-2007 07:26 AM

Good morning everyone!

Kayley - did you find the 7 day trial at WW online to be useful? I have been considering it, but wondered if any part of the site was "restricted" until you become an official paying customer. Sometimes you get a free trial somewhere only to click on something and then get a message "This area for our members only" or something like that.

Today will be kind of a tough day...it's parent luncheon day at my son's school, and we're going out to eat tonight although I'm not sure where. While I know I can make good choices, I don't like the guessing game that happens sometimes with food I don't prepare myself. Control freak. LOL!

The weather has broken here and the temps are expected to go back down to a more seasonable range and rain is moving in for today also. I love the warm weather but I was not prepared for 80's and 90's already this spring. (Especially since the snow only just completely melted about 3 weeks ago. True story.) From blizzards to heatwaves in the blink of an eye...welcome to New England!

Have a great day, everyone!!

Cris

Lilion 05-11-2007 09:13 AM

Just a fly-by!

Val - :hug: Heck, I practically went all of 2006 without trying very hard! You can get back on track!!! Looks like you took the first step yesterday and that's the most important thing. You hang in there!!!

Where's Ammi? And Zelma, haven't seen her much either! Got to run...

NoLifeWithoutHorses 05-11-2007 09:30 AM

OMG, Kymberly! If THAT isn't motivating! I bet with a goal like that, so close, you'll have a terrific OP week. I sure hope so! There's no looking back now!!

Thanks again, Kayley. I'm already in to the batter today, but having a perfect day yesterday gave me some perspective I needed. I remember exactly how hard it is, but I know that I can do it. 17 days left until the wedding from **** is over, with lots of temptations between now and then, but once THAT thing is over I know I'll be back to my right-minded self and start kicking this thing again.

CRIS, I understand about facing the unknown menu. I bet we all do. I hope there's something offered that's good and OP for you.

Hi LILION! I've been scare lately over on the Hens. Tell 'em hi for me. I have so much trouble just getting here, much less posting both lists, but I'll be there soon! I do pop in an read there because I can at least keep up with that easier.

Well, up at the crack of dawn and into the kitchen this morning. I'm baking 3 cakes in different sizes to form an "80" shaped birthday cake for my MIL. I'll be the fav DIL yet! Outside of discovering rather late that the oven was set on broil, and then having the sink clog up while I was trying to wash pans for the next set of cakes, things are going well. Oh, and outside of my taste testing, of course.

I know I'm bombing today, and I know that much of the next 2 weeks will be impossible, but I feel rather empowered about the future after Memorial Day since I was able to conquer my demons yesterday. It was SO hard - the first day always is - but I did it. I'll just do as well as I can on the days that I can, enjoy the special things, and then get back on track. Since disciplined exercise has been non-exsistant, I'll mark the 29th on my calender. I'll just jump up on that wagon and start doin' it.

17 days until the mess is over.

jillybean720 05-11-2007 09:42 AM

I know I haven't been around much this week--sorry! We went 2 days in the office with NO internet :o Which was not only a pain in the rear, but it created a big rush of work that happened when we were finally reconnected with the rest of the world, so we got pretty busy.

I would like to share my hatred of needles. I hate getting shots, giving blood, anything with needles. Well, this week, I was a human pincushion :( I went to have blood drawn on Monday for tests, then I got the first shot of my HPV (cervical cancer) vaccine on Tuesday, and then at my Dr.'s appointment yesterday, they gave me a Tetanus vaccine since it had been over 5 years since my last one. Hopefully, I am done with needles for a while!

As for the outcome of the Dr. visit, my overall cholesterol is fine (155), but my triglycerides are a bit high. My fasting glucose was 100 (they like it to be 99 or less), so it's a slight insulin resistance, but nothing dangerously close to diabetic. My blood pressure was slightly high, but I don't think it was an accurate reading, as the nurse tried it 3 times before she could hear anything. She said it was 110/90, but I bet the 100 was actually supposed to be higher, and she just couldn't hear it clearly. I made sure she was using an extra large cuff, but for some reason, both BP machines and nurses/docs taking it manually have a hard time (and I always go home with bruises and red lines all over my upper arm). I've been eating absolute crap lately, so I'm not surprised by the numbers--actually, maybe a little surprised they weren't worse!

I also go t areferral to a nutritionist. I've set up a consultation with her (the nutritionist) on June 1, which was the first available appointment they had when I called this morning. I wish it were sooner, but at least it's scheduled. My doctor was great in that I explained to her that I KNOW what to do and how to do it, so education is not my problem. She said I was more than welcome to schedule follow-ups with her to track my weight and blood pressure and whatnot, but that she would give me the nutritionist referral to try just in case I had any other questions she couldn't help me with. It was really nice that she didn't just try to send me to their weight loss "classes" that I really don't think would be helpful to me, but rather, she actually LISTENED and offered a solution for what I was specifically looking for (someone to follow up with who could help me track my progress and such). She also didn't try to prescribe me any pills, which was nice, since that's not what I want.

kayleystar 05-11-2007 11:05 AM

Just wanted to pop in here before the craziness begins! lol. I have SO much housework to do, and in an hour, I'm meeting my Mom for lunch. Already know what I'm ordering, so the points will be fine. :) Just wanted to get some personals in! :)

Jill - Sounds like you have a really good doctor. It's always a good sign when they don't try to force pills on you all the time! I HATE NEEDLES!!! Oh man. I about freaked out a couple of years ago, when the doctor told me I had to get blood drawn. It was bad. Hope you have a semi-unstressful Friday at work!

Cris - I've only had the trial for a day, but I haven't found any part that's been restricted! If you do it, just make sure you cancel in time, or they DO charge your credit card! I've been working like a mad woman to copy/paste as many recipes as I can, and articles, tips, ideas, etc. :) So far, I've got over 200 recipes! :D I'd definately say it's worth it.

Val - You'll be able to get a fresh fresh start in June then! :D How did the WI go?

mechell81 05-11-2007 03:20 PM

Hey everyone-

I have been so busy with cleaning/organizing. I was sick for those two weeks and the house just went crazy! Its a pretty sunny day here and I have all the windows open. Love days like these! And just think I would be back in barrow Alaska still with -20 and 24 hour sunlight!!:dizzy: I hope you girls have a wonderful weekend!:hug:

XENA~Glad you feel better about the robe situation. And congrats on doing well on the final!

IDEALMUSE~Welcome back! As far as getting your groove back. I am not sure if there is really one thing. I have a horrible time with staying OP sometimes. I just try to keep at it. Even if its just small changes.

SHARON~I thought your pics were great!

LILION~WTG on your loss!:bravo: :cp:

CATHERINE~I am so glad all of that is over for you hun. You have been under so much stress! I hope now you can just breathe and enjoy your home!:hug:

SHADIE~I hope your weigh in goes well! Hang in there!:)

ANNIE~I am so happy you got some good sleep! I hope you continue to! Good luck with the MIL. I hope it all goes well.:hug:

VALERIE~So good to see you post! I can relate to everything you say. But we all just have to keep trying. You can do this!:cheer2:

JENN~Congrats on losing 7 pounds!:cheer:

CRIS~WTG on not eating the chocolate! That is a hard one for me!

VICKI~Yay on losing 7 pounds! That is great!:congrat:

KYMBERLY~You are so close to being in onderland! You can do it!:cheer2:

JILL~I am so sorry you had to go through all of that needle stuff! I am like you I hate it! That is good news about your numbers. Like you said they could have been worse. I have to actually go do all of those tests in 5 weeks.

KAYLEY~Good luck with all the housework. I just did a ton myself. Sounds like you are doing great with the WW points!

SANDY, PATTI, ZELMA,AMMI and anyone else who hasn't been around lately I hope you are all well!

dogpal 05-11-2007 04:01 PM

Val: Hugs to you. You are under stress right now and that can just kill every lick of good sense we have. Give yourself a break and you will get back on track as you feel like you can. Have you ever tried WW? I think it would allow you to eat what you want within reason and not be so rigid. I really liked it but for me it didn't work. Anyway. Hang in there.

Kayley: Hope your knee feels better very soon.

Jenn: Wahooo. Congrats on the -7! Good job.

Cris: enjoy the beautiful weather.

vicki: Congrats to you on the -7! I am so happy to see your smiling face around here again. Do whatever diet works for you, don't worry what anyone may think about it. As for plastic surgery. On Obesity help.com there is a place where you can click on plastic surgeons and they have lots of information on them in every state and area. Good luck.

Kymberly: Congrats on another -2. I am so proud and happy for you getting to the 200 mark. One step away from being under! You go girl!

Jilly: I hate needles too. I hope that you aren't too bruised this time. Hugs and good luck at the nutritionist! I get to see one once a month right now for this optifast and this next Monday is my time to see her. Once I go on regular foods in August I will see her weekly.

Michelle: Hi sweetie: Enjoy the weather. It is so beautiful and sunny.

Well, I did a HUGE no no last night. I was CRAVING salt. Optifast has no sodium or very little in it. Well, I ate a lemon with salt then thought what I need is one more. So, hopefully I can drink enough water to cancel out the salt and not retain the water by next weigh in day on Monday. I am not worried about the calories in 2 lemons just the salt I ate. I know it is so bad for you but it's done now.lol. Yesterday I cooked up a storm for my MIL and FIL's visit. I just want it to go easy for my hubby and I wanted it to be over with. Making all that food at one time instead of every day having to be around smelling the food as I cook without tasting it. It is hard. I am soooooo excited because when I was at the pool today I found out that they have some rope things that allow you to swim in place. I didn't even know they had them there. I was so excited and put one on and swam in place HARD for 30 minutes. My arms feel like they will fall off any minute but, I am sooooo relaxed and ready for MIL. I only wish the pool were open Tomorrow too. lol. Oh, well Monday maybe I'll spend more time there. I don't konw how much I will be able to get on line with company but I will try to check up on you all. I wish all of you mommies to humans and furbabies a happy MOther's Day.

Blessings to you all,
Annie

toofatforu 05-11-2007 06:44 PM

hi Mechelle all is well here just taking a small break.. hope to be in OP mode again tomorrow!

kayleystar 05-11-2007 09:21 PM

Hey ladies...looks like it was a quiet day in here! Went shopping, and my friend is here for the night. Since she's moving to Vegas at the end of this month, and missing my b-day party, we're going to celebrate tonight....luckily, I saved my points up! lol!! And have flex, too. ;)

CatherineM 05-11-2007 10:41 PM

Annie-craving salt is probably your body trying to tell you something. Get some nosalt. It is potassium chloride instead of sodium chloride. When you are craving salt, try that.

NoLifeWithoutHorses 05-11-2007 11:29 PM

Jill, All-Things-in-Moderation & I just don't get along. I've tried it, and I always end up out of control. It's like telling a drug addict to just have one little hit now and then, or an ex-smoker to just have one puff. I'm either hooked on sugar, or I'm not. I have nothing against WW and I'm sure I would lose weight on it if I could stick to the plan: Emphasis on "IF" and "STICK TO." The problem over the last few months is that one sin at a time, I talk myself into something I shouldn't eat, and the eat-eat-eat cycle in my brain is never totally broken. I need to go back to my "I can do anything for 14 days" plan, and clean out my bloodstream. After that, it isn't even a struggle to stay on plan. I have more energy, no urge to cheat, and the weight will drop off.

Thanks for the suggestion! I know WW is a good system. OH! And I sure share your "love" of needles. I was determined to give blood but when I saw the needle (not the blood - the needle) going thru my skin, I blacked out. I was sure it was a mind over matter thing and I could tough it out if I really tried, but the nurse was pretty ticked off that they had to do the whole smelling salt thing. Now they have to pretty much strap me down before i know what's coming.

YIPPEE - DH is home for my MIL's birthday party! He has to leave again tomorrow, but at least he's home for a day.... I hope he gets the dhance to rototill the garden tomorrow. I want to get my broccolli in the ground. ;)

Nite, all!

jillybean720 05-12-2007 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLifeWithoutHorses (Post 1691995)
Jill, All-Things-in-Moderation & I just don't get along. I've tried it, and I always end up out of control. It's like telling a drug addict to just have one little hit now and then, or an ex-smoker to just have one puff. I'm either hooked on sugar, or I'm not. I have nothing against WW and I'm sure I would lose weight on it if I could stick to the plan: Emphasis on "IF" and "STICK TO." The problem over the last few months is that one sin at a time, I talk myself into something I shouldn't eat, and the eat-eat-eat cycle in my brain is never totally broken. I need to go back to my "I can do anything for 14 days" plan, and clean out my bloodstream. After that, it isn't even a struggle to stay on plan. I have more energy, no urge to cheat, and the weight will drop off.

Thanks for the suggestion! I know WW is a good system.

Honey, I love ya dearly, but I haven't done personals in some time, so I think this reply was intended for someone else :^: I don't usually get along well with "all things in moderation" either, nor with WW (I had a big discussion with one of the girls at work who was counting WW Points about why she didn't just count calories since 1 Point is basically just 50 calories unlss you're eating way high-fat foods--she argued that Points were easier to count because even on packages like Lean Cuisines, they tell you the number of Points right on the box. I laughed and said, "Yeah, but they tell you the calories per serving on EVERY food" :dizzy:), so those suggestions must have come from elsewhere. In fact, I'm in about the same spot as you right now and have just about the same mindset. I need to just eat clean for one week at a time to rid myself of some of these evil cravings and get back on track!

Xena2005 05-12-2007 11:07 AM

Good morning, everyone! Just got in from my morning walk. I have walked 2 days this week with one of the gals I have buddied up with in my WW meeting. We are trying to get in shape to do the Race for the Cure on 6/2. After that, she is planning on doing a half marathon walk in December. I may join her in that goal. We'd probably have to start serious training around Sept. or so. Until then we can just keep walking and losing weight so it will be all that much easier when the time comes.

Idealmuse - My best advice to you is to stop thinking about the past and where you were. I have gained and lost weight too so I know how frustrating it is to beat yourself up over that. Try to just accept where you are and go from there. Lamenting where we used to be only frustrates us and depresses us. I am working on this exact concept right now and I can tell you when I am in my "acceptance" state of mind it is much easier to just worry about doing what I need to do to lose that next pound. Good luck to you. :hug:

Lesley - Who woulda thunk tai chi would make you sweat. I will have to add that to my list of new types of exercise I would eventually like to try. :)

Sharon - It's about a month til the spa visit. We are taking our trip the weekend of 6/8. So I guess I still have time to get a few more pounds off, right? As for school, I am not quite sure yet what is next. I am waiting to hear back from the advising office of UTD to find out if I need Calc II in addition to Calc I I just took. If so, I will be taking that this summer starting at the end of May. If not, I have the summer off and will start my MBA classes in the fall (assuming I get accepted). I need to schedule my GMAT exam which is sort of a placement test for MBA programs. In fact, I really need to get moving on that so I can have it done and the results back in time for the application deadline, which is 7/1. :eek: So much to do!!!

Annie - Yay!!! YOu got your CPAP. I am so glad you are feeling more rested with it.

Valerie - Don't give up. You can do this. Remember "when the going gets tough, the tough get going." :)

Jilly - It will be interesting to see what the nutrionist says. Keep us posted.

Ammi, Zelma, Nancy, and anyone else....Hope you are doing OK and that we hear from you soon. :hug:

OK, I am off to get my weekend started. Hope you all have a great one!!! :grouphug:

emilymay 05-12-2007 11:47 AM

hiya just a quickie to say hi really and let u know that I am still with you in spirit! Had such a wierd start to the month, got a trapped nerve in neck, so pain radiating down arm etc for about a week, then a strange virus which went to my chest, so have not done any exercise for the longest time since February this year, which feels YUK!! Today I have been out for 90 mins walking and feel better for it really. This week I stayed same (i weigh on mondays) but have been really sticking to 1,700 this week so will lose I should think on Monday.

I have 12 weeks nursing left now, start my last placement where I learn to manage the ward etc on Monday, very scary stuff realising I am about to become accountable and for so much!!

Weight wise and Food wise feeling confident, had this aha moment thinking that as long as I see eating large portions of high calorie food as 'treating' myself then i will remain obese - I am switching my thought processes around to seeing eating less and sticking to a reduced calorie day as a MAJOR TREAT becos let look at how we feel at the end of either a day of eating too much food or a day on plan and I don't want the negative ugh feelings any more, but I feel so much better when I eat a little less and move a little more.....................SO treating me is actually about the opposite that I have thought since I was a small child....

This thought is helping a lot - for instance going out for a meal tonight and rather than thinking about treating myself by going off plan, I am going to really treat myself by staying ON plan!! lol hows that for reverse logic then??

Anyway sorry no real time for personals :( but best wishes to you all xx

NoLifeWithoutHorses 05-12-2007 11:54 AM

JILL - Silly me!!! Yes, that reply was meant for our dear ANNIE! who asked if I'd tried WW. Actually I did do WW when I was about 15-16, and it worked, but in those days my mom did the cooking and she measured and weighed everything for both of us. It WAS you who was talking about the nasty needles, tho.

ANNIE, sorry 'bout that. Your swim sounded wonderful! I hope you don't suffer from next day soreness, and I hope the visit with the IL's goes well. DRINK UP, my friend! I'm x-ing my fingers for your next WI, but I bet you don't even need me to!

KAYLEY - you asked about my WI. I forgot to do it that morning, but as of this morning I'm back @ 278-279, so I'm actually releaved. I know I hit 280 last week because I had gotten on the scale. We all have those 'magic' weights where we get especially excited when we cross them - grief if it's on the way up, and elation if it's on the way down. 280 is a magic number for me. My NEXT magic number is 260. I've crossed 270 a couple of times, briefly, so I just want that one to go away. It's not special anymore. Anyway, WI was good.

The last layer of cake is in the oven. Now the frosting begins. I actually think I'm sugared out. It's starting to get gross (YEAAAAAAH!) All I had yesterday was cake, chinese soup, and more cake. This morning I had cake and bacon (not together.) Maybe if I get sick on the stuff, it will lose some of it's charm.

Back to the mixing bowl. Yuck.

Oooo, did I just say 'yuck' about icing??? See, I KNEW there was hope!