3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Old Hens 40+ And Ready to Lose #117 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/110001-old-hens-40-ready-lose-117-a.html)

Terri in MO 04-16-2007 10:15 AM

Old Hens 40+ And Ready to Lose #117

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.

We start new threads on a Monday.

Terri in MO 04-16-2007 10:41 AM

Hi ladies,

I'm back home and playing hookie from work. I figure after last week, I deserve a happy day at home.

Had a great weekend with my sister. Its been so long since I've gone down to her house. We put her DH on the plane Saturday noon to go to Florida for a few days with his son and the family down there. We went to the Hair Academy and had pedicures. She had never had a pedicure. I wanted one because I'm going to the foot doctor tomorrow. We worked on getting family and favorite recipes into MasterCook so we can make a cookbook. We worked on cleaning her closet. I told her that I was going to name her for Clean Sweep. I made her get rid of a bunch of shoes and old clothes. That was fun. We also watched The Holiday. A good chick flick. Jude Law was scrumptious! :lol:

What kind of weather did everyone have over the weekend? When I left home on Friday night it was raining hard. It turned into snow and DH said we had six inches of snow by morning. I drove in rain all the way and missed it all. But then by Sunday it was sunny and no sign of snow by the time I got home. I don't think our onions and potatoes survived it so I'll be replanting. I hope that was the last hurrah for winter. Its back to the 60's and 70's today. :crazy:

So today begins my long climb back on the wagon. Feels that way anyway. I can't believe that I've done nothing but sabotage myself for about two weeks. I was feeling my arm last night and I can feel it getting soft again. I'm really disappointed in myself because I had worked so hard in December through the first of February on exercise and then fell apart. And really fell on my face as soon as the time changed. My foot didn't help either.

I will be cleaning house today. I will also get back on the stationary bike today as well. I have to go back to about month two with the push.tv workouts but will get started on that too. We're also digging post holes so we can set the hitching rails that DH's cousin built for us. I'll be so excited to be able to get a horse out of the pasture and have a good place to tie them up.

Lilion - I'll bet you'll be glad to get that bathroom done. We're having a horrible time getting people to call back to come out to take a look and if we get that, they don't call back with a bid. I guess they are so busy they don't need our money. Very disappointing. We've had it arranged with a local guy to come out and put the dirt around the foundation so that I can start landscaping. We've had that arranged for a month and still have no idea when he'll be out.

Bearcub - That's either a moderator help question or go to the help board and get Jennifer or Suzanne's help. I know that others have had that at times.

Ruth - Good to see you even if you don't have anything to say! When is/was the birthday party?

Dyan - I don' think I've welcomed you to the group. The water weight loss is one advantage of the BP meds! I resisted them for a long time but now have no problem at all since it makes me get rid of swollen hands. Great NSV for getting into those pants.

Rosebud - Dang that turkey must have been big and hurt like a son of a gun. Sorry to see that you had hurt your hand and that you're having difficult days. Yes, we can all relate to the stress and hard days. Wish I could say that I have them all figured out and won't let it happen to me again. You really did have a rough week there. Hope this one is much better!

Karen - How is your friend doing? I would have felt horrible too. Have you seen the pics yet?

Rita - Welcome to the group! Where'd you go? Losing 8 pounds is geat.

Valerie - As always, miss you and love to see your posts again. We've got it arranged for Spanky to go for training the first of May. The trainer will put 30 days on him and take him on trail rides. Ginger is going away too at the same time so that we can get Spice (aka farthead who thinks its okay to run through the fence to the grass) weaned. How are your guys doing?

Okay, I need to get up and get something done. DH is off to see his mother who is in a rehab hospital recovering from pneumonia. I'm supposed to be cleaning while he's gone. We're having the old neighbors down tomorrow night and its the first time they've been here. I refuse for them to see the house anything but sparkling. Better move my butt.

Dyanm1 04-16-2007 12:05 PM

Morning

Terri - Thank you for the welcome! Sounds like you had a busy weekend!

I spent all day yesterday sleeping. I hate when I do that, but Saturday night was girls night out! There were 5 of us (we all have kids and are either married or in a relationship) and you would have thought we young single chicks! Um, yeah...we got mooned! We had a blast! I love when people think I'm in my late 20's or early 30's. I just love those beer goggles!! ;) LOL. DH sent me a text message at 3:30 am to find out where I was. I was at Jack in the Box, of all places :devil: . I can't help but go to Jack in the box at the end of a night of drinking. I'm not too upset about it, as I got on the scale this morning and am down another pound. I can't remember the last time we had a girls night out, but I do know it won't be happening again, anytime soon. I'm pretty sure that we will have a chaporone, because a couple of ladies got alittle out of control.

DH was a peach yesterday. He took out son to a birthday party, went and got lunch for everybody, cleaned the kitchen, and pretty much took over, so that I could catch up on my sleep. Today's a new day, and I'm almost feeling "normal" again. Still alittle sleepy, but other than that. I'm doing good.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and I will talk to you all soon.

thinthinker 04-16-2007 01:31 PM

Hi everybody! :wave:

I just ran in to get the WW Strawberry Pie recipe.

I'm not returning but just thought I'd stop by and post so I don't get deleted. :D

Hope you are all doing well. :yes:

Lilion 04-16-2007 05:11 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I meant to come here earlier today but a on-line friend over on the WW website works at Virginia Tech and so I've been over there or on CNN all day checking on the shooting. Horrible.

Terri! You got 6" of snow??? How the heck did that happen? We got snow, but literally just while I was sleeping, DH said it snowed, but so little that by morning it was gone when I got out of bed! KC isn't that much north of us. Weird MO weather. It's nice here today too! Glad you had a good weekend. That wagon looks awfully high when you go to climb back on it, doesn't it? ;) I can't believe you are having that kind of trouble with contractors...we've never asked anyone for a bid that didn't give it to us - usually in writing! Glad I don't have to deal with people who think they are too good for small jobs around here.

Dyan, this must have been fast food weekend. DH and I ended up at Dairy Queen at 10:30 p.m. ordering burgers and onion rings - but we hadn't been drinking, we had closed down Lowes! I'd rather have been drinking... :cheers: Then we split a pint of Ben& Jerry's. We took a blizzard home to our DS and then decided we needed one too, but by the time we got back to DQ it was closed - so the search was on for ice cream! We had Caramel Sutra - good stuff! I still feel fat just thinking about it.

Got to run...:hug: to you all!!!!

rileydog14 04-16-2007 09:24 PM

Hi Everyone - I have wallowing in the sea of pity - attempting to climb out again. This just gets harder - but I know some success will encourage me to keep trying. I don't want to be a downer, I just don't know how to succeed.

thanks for everyone honestly sharing their struggles. It does help.

Patti

Justwant2Bhealthy 04-16-2007 09:30 PM

Have a great week ...

Hi Ladies ~ :wave:

What a beautiful weekend we had, so we just had to go out for awhile and enjoy it. Today it's sunshine all the way; and about half the snow that fell last week has melted already. Just catching up on some light housework and doing a bit of laundry today. DH has been helping out around here a lot; and he did the dishes for me all week.

Had heard that the northern states were expecting more snow too; but it usually doesn't stay too long. There's not really much we can do around here until all the snow is gone, so it will be a slow week for us; back to spring cleaning I guess; I'll just sort and toss for now.

TERRI ~ yah, it was a large frozen turkey; and it's still in the freezer. I have very small hands (like kids hands, so I'm told). DH and friends that have seen it, can't believe how much damage it did. But it is getting better; some the black is starting to fade, and the throbbing is gone now. This morning, the swelling has come down considerably and I can now bend it a bit; I'm so glad, cuz it looks like it's really on the mend now! Glad you had such a nice time with your sis; you even sound refreshed!

LILION ~ your point about a show reminded me of CKRP in Cinncinnati (was that the name?); a show about a radio station where news reporter, Wes Nessman, thru turkeys out of a helicopter for a live news stunt. That show was soooo funny; loved it!

DYAN ~ sounds like you had one wild weekend; glad you all got home safe and well; and that your DH was such a doll about it all!

HI PATTI ~ hang in there, girl; things will get better; just keep trying, something's bound to help. Glad to see you posting again.

There seems to be another flu bug going around; and I just had to catch it; I'm starting to take some vitamin C ~ hope it helps. Felt blah when I got up; but, now it's getting a little better. Everywhere we go, people are sick, whether it's church, the grocery store, or Tim Horton's coffee shop! :yikes: I feel like wearing a mask ~ LOL!!!

Well, I hope all of you are in good health, and staying OP as best you can. Take care; and keep on, keepin'on ~ your fellow encourager ... Rosebud. :hug:

Lilion 04-17-2007 09:05 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

Patti - Hang in there dear! You have HAD success! You've lost 48 lbs! Think of that! You could have not lost anything. You could have GAINED 48 lbs. I know how frustrating it gets - believe me - but if you keep plugging away it WILL happen. :hug:

Rosebud - WKRP in Cincinnati! "The turkeys are hitting the ground like bags of wet cement!" :rofl: I loved that show! I hope you feel better soon!!!

Must run ladies!!! Have a happy, healthy OP day!

Dyanm1 04-17-2007 04:47 PM

Hey Ladies!

Another day....Sun's shining, but it's windy as all heck. My 8 year old came downstairs this morning in a skirt and flip-flops! I had to put the big Kabosh on that! Made her put on some jeans and tennis shoes. She was none to happy about it. But I'm sure she's thanking me right about now.

Lillion: I have no control over the whole Jack in the Box thing (when I was younger my mom told me that I should buy stock!), which is part of the reason I don't go out like I used too (not to mention the extra calories). That's funny that you guys went back! I used to work at Dairy Queen, back when I was still in High School!

Patti: You can do it. You're back on here, which says alot. I just recently returned myself. After a 3 year hiatus and 2 years before that. If we don't keep trying, we're not going to be happy.

Just want 2b: I must say, sounds like our DHs are cut from the same cloth. Thank goodness for designated drivers! She was such a sport to drive all us drunkards all around town!

rileydog14 04-17-2007 06:33 PM

thanks everyone - I have just decided my hunger is out of control - just kidding!

thanks for your support!!!!!!

Terri in MO 04-17-2007 10:10 PM

Evening gals!

The old neighbors just left. We had a great evening with them. We call them "kids" but heck, they aren't that much younger than me. Just loads more energy! They have two boys who are so polite and well behaved. They had fun riding the four-wheeler.

The dad is a painter and they came down so he could do a bid on painting the house. He and I walked through and picked colors. I'm going with 'Colors From Nature' that I had picked up at Lowe's. Right now, the whole house is the same yellowy tan color. Others like it, I hate it. So I'm going with a dark, woodsy green in the master bath. A belgian waffle color in the master bedroom. A slightly darker waffley color in the dining room and then two shades lighter in both the front and back living room. I have to have the terra tan color somewhere so I think I will have that done in the mud room. I had wanted it for the kitchen but he talked me into keeping the red/rust color that will blend very well with the other colors. The main bath will be a crocodile green. Kind of like a fern. He gave us such a low bid that I didn't hesitate. He is very good too. He'll come down in May with his crew when its going to be a rainy couple of days and knock it out.

I was so thrilled with the house. I had shampooed all the carpets except for the spare bedrooms. Mopped floors. Dusted. Cleaned the leather furniture. Washed dog beds. Put up crap that had been sitting around. That was a good workout.

Oh and I had the greatest time doing that yesterday too. DH was gone for most of it or was outside. We have a built in stereo system that plays in the kitchen, bedroom and front living room. I haven't really used it before but turned it on and bopped around the house to the music. Geez, I haven't done that for so long. I hardly ever get the house to myself. The dogs thought I was nuts but that is okay. It was all good exercise.

On the foot front, I'm wearing athletic shoes with arch supports now. I was supposed to see the foot doc today but couldn't get away from work. My foot is still a little sore but it is better than a few weeks ago. I am going to see how it is by the end of the week. If its still a little better than I am going to stick with wearing athletic walking shoes to work (which is a little weird feeling) and just let time heal it. If not, I'll reschedule. But it felt good this weekend to be able to work around the place without the boot and without extreme pain. :crossed:

The tragedy at Virginia Tech is so heartbreaking. My heart goes out to all the families.

Dyan - That was funny to read about your daughter. Fashion rules out over common sense until mom intervenes. :lol:

Rosebud & Lilion - I still use that line about turkeys out of the airplane. That was so funny.

Rosebud - Glad to see that your hand is feeling a little better and that DH is helping. Milk that for all its worth. :lol:

Lilion - The funny thing about the snow is that it wasn't north that got it! We're forty miles south of the city. Hope your friend that works at V.T. is doing okay. I can't even imagine how devasting that would be.

Patti - Sounds like you need a :hug: Somedays it does feel like I'll never be able to succeed. We're right here to help you. Just focus on one day; one meal at a time. You've worked so hard to get down under 300. Keep that in mind and don't let sabotage take you back over that point. You can do this!

I'm going to watch Primetime about the shootings and then go to bed.

Goodnight!

:wave: to all!

Terri in MO 04-18-2007 08:49 PM

Hello?

We're about to fall off the page.

Today was just a beautiful day. Tonight it was so calm and peaceful at home. I truly felt blessed to have this place in the country. I planted a lilac plant (tiny one), blackberries and mint. The mint I just put in a pot to keep it alive until I can get my herb garden started at the front walk. But it was such good mental therapy.

Time to watch American Idol and hopefully DH will have dinner ready soon.

Have a good night!

rileydog14 04-18-2007 10:44 PM

Hi - just wanted to check in real quick to say I'm still hanging in there - Buddy and I have ben getting out in the evenings and walking a little. I'm expecting the weather to improve - we're might get snow tonight. I'm so wanting the thermometer to go above 40 degrees. It's stuck there, or I need a new one.

My ultimate wish - to get out and soak up some warm temps on Saturday. My DH has to work - and I also NEVER get to be home alone. I am planning to get the house work done early and have some free time to enjoy warm weather. Anyone have an emergency line to mother nature?

ha ha

Patti

Lilion 04-19-2007 11:18 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

Goodness we are a bunch of slow old ladies lately! Ruth? Karen? Valerie? Barbara? Where is everybody???

I'm as bad as everyone else I suppose. I've just been finding it so hard to post lately! Not that I'm back-sliding or anything, at least not any worse than usual, posting motivation seems to have left me for a bit. I keep trying to do better.

DH and I came to the conclusion the other day that we have to pull our heads out of our :kickbutt: and start DOING things! We've both been just so ... scatterbrained? lazy? apathetic? useless? :?: Not sure what the right word is. We're just behind on everything, from home improvement and just general house-cleaning to work, school, and organization obligations. No wonder I haven't been thinking about my diet or exercising much lately...it's just a symptom of the rest of my life. His too! He's gained weight again and is behind on his school work and SCA officer duties. We just really haven't figured out what's wrong with us, but we've definately decided we have to try to do something about it!

Yesterday I buckled down and got my duties as merchant coordinator for our Renfaire taken care of and tried to get some housework done...not much though. We've got to get back to working on the bathroom now that the drywall is done. We bought the tile and paint, but I need to try to smooth the walls more before we paint. It is hard to get that done, working only a couple of hours a night, but it HAS to be done. I'm SO ready to use my own bathroom again!

The weather here is WONDERFUL! :sunny: It's in the 60's again and just lovely! It's even supposed to hit the high 70's on Saturday. I've decided to do yard work while my husband is sleeping Saturday. We'll see if power tools in the driveway wake him up, because I'm building planters if it kills me! Just one of the many things I need to get done. :rolleyes: Of course then I'll have my excuse to go buy soil and compost and flowers and such! I'm just really wanting to get some gardening done!

Terri, sounds like the gardening bug has struck you too! A caution about mint if you aren't aware of it...it's VERY invasive! It can take over your whole yard if you aren't very careful to keep it contained and it spreads under ground. I've always heard the best way to grow it is in pots or at least sink a barrier several inches (6+) in the ground around it so it can't spread too much. I'm doing my own painting, more time than money. We got the paint for the master bed and bath at Lowes. It was called "sauteed mushroom" and it looked really pretty on the card, but I'm a little worried about it from the little spot they put on top of the can. I think it may turn out to be a poopy greenish brown. No way to tell until it's on the wall I guess, and I can always paint over it again.

I finally did a WI - it's been weeks - and was happy to see that I'd not gained! :broc: LOVE the dancing broccoli! :D

I have to run. New hearing starting soon. Have a happy, healthy OP day everyone and post soon! :wave:

rileydog14 04-19-2007 07:19 PM

Are we falling off the page yet?

The weather was promising today - no snow last night, and a brilliant blue sunny sky today. So incredibly beautiful - and we're expecting warmer weather by the weekend.

Yipee!