Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 09:05 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Yet another sunny day here today but there is a cool breeze, and I have to say it does look like we might be in for a bit of rain. I hope it doesn't happen for a while because I just have a few things on the line that only need about another hour before they are dry.

Missy - hey great to see you posting. I have to admit that I haven't been doing too great since Christmas either. I have lost some weight, but I really haven't been as motivated as since before Christmas. This last week and a half though I have been back on track and feeling much better about the whole weight loss journey thing. I am sorry I can't give you any help on the calories thing, I have never counted calories, I just do the WW points system. I am sure others here are cal counters though and hopefully they will be along soon to help you out.

Loving the photos of your doggy by the way

Patti - I am so sorry that your allergies are playing you up and making you feel miserable. I hope you will be feeling much better soon. Can you take something like antihistemines to help you?

Catherine - I wasn't actually on a plateau I just got a bit lazy with the whole diet thing. I lost a lot of my motivation and as you know I also didn't bother with it all for 2 weeks. I am glad to be back on track now though and am feeling more positive about it all. Thank you for the congrats though

I LOVE the sound of the material you chose for your gown, I bet it was worth the burning feet. Did you get hubby to give you a nice foot rub? How long will it take you to make the gown? I hope you are going to post pictures of yourself wearing it, I am sure you will look gorgeous and will definitely upstage the Governor General

Kazz - that's fab news about all your inches lost, the % of body fat and all. It really is uplifting to have great results like that because it really does show that even if you can't notice it yourself yet, you ARE losing weight and your body is changing shape for the better because of it

Lee Ann - I can't stand tap water either. To make it a bit better I bought a Brita Filter and that helps a lot. I must say I am so envious that you can get a nice stock of spring water from you mom's place, that beats any shop bought water and definitely beats tap water whether it's filtered or not!

Kymberly - I love to hear from you even if you only have time for a short post. It's just nice to know you are doing great. with your WI on Friday, I am sure it will go brilliantly

Michelle - I have never been a big fan of cola, but I have a friend who has recently given it up, and she cannot believe the difference in herself, everything from her energy levels to her bowel movements have changed and for the better. She does miss the drink but now she knows how it messed with her system she really isn't going to bother with it again. I think you just learned a similar lesson. Sorry you felt so yuck after you had some, I hope you are over it now.

Well it's that time again, time to work out. I'll be back later, hope everybody is having a lovely day,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 04-18-2007, 09:14 AM   #47  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

I made my mini goal! So I'm just wanting to see my ticker say so...

Old 04-18-2007, 10:17 AM   #48  

Ammi Yes I Am Taking Some Medicine This Morning. Allergies Always Give Me Migraines Too. So I Am Just Taking It Easy This Week,
Old 04-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #49  

Metachick - that's fantastic that you made your mini goal, feels great doesn't it, well done!!

Patti - I am glad you are taking medicine, I hope it helps. Migraines suck, it's bad enough getting them on their own, but as part of your allergy and having to suffer other side effects, poor you. I am glad you are taking it easy and am keeping my that you'll be feeling much better soon.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 04-18-2007, 11:47 AM   #50  
banned

YAY, FOOD!

Had some whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter. YUM! Good to be able to eat 'normal' (well mostly normal) stuff again!

Tomorrow, I will try to weigh myself and see if I made any more progress. I can't believe it's been four weeks since surgery already!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:52 AM   #51  

thanks Ammi i am also coping with stress eating too... seems like my hubby is not as supportive as he used to be..
Old 04-18-2007, 12:12 PM   #52  

Patti - I am sorry Hubby is not being supportive, but don't let that hurt your health by eating out of stress. I am a stress eater...if I could only lose my appetite during times of stress I would be a twig. Hang in there!! Does he know that he is hurting you? He might need a lil' reminder!

I have been busy....with all the rain, our basement got flooded. Not as bad off as some in the area, thank goodness, but what a PITA!! TOM is killing me. I feel exhausted and completely run through the wringer. Ugh!

Back to work...just wanted to pop in and say HI!!

to all of you chickies!!
Old 04-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Metachick: Thanks for the encouragement. Congrats to you on making your mini goal. That is awesome!

Ammi: Whoopeee on another -3 pounds. You are really on a role my friend!

Mechelle: So glad that DH is doing well. Hope you get your meds soon. We will have to meet up when you are feeling better! How is Alex doing?

Lilion: Yes, I was wondering that too about trying to loose only to be told before you have WLS you have to loose. I could go to another state to have my surgery. It is all about BMI. I have to be at or below 60 to have the surgery. I am right now at 72 BMI. Since I would have to wait about 6 months at my Dr. here in town or the one out of state to have surgery I am willing to give Optifast a try. It is also about shrinking your liver from what I hear. There is a lot of information on Obesity help.com. I also bought a book about it that has been very informative.

Em: Or should I call you swim girl? I am so proud of all that you are doing. How is the nursing school going? I hope wonderfully well.

Donna: Congrats on the pants fitting you. That is so awesome. I have so many shirts, pants, jackets etc. that don't fit me yet. I can't wait. Way to go to you.

Melissa: Welcome back. Good to see you. Your little dog has sure grown! I'm sorry that I can't help you on the calorie thing. I have been doing points frmo WW. I know that the points they had me on is about 2200 calories a day and I am at 510 when I started there. Good luck hon.

Catherine: Wow, finally someone who has heard good about Optifast. I have heard nothing but negative about it. I bet you will be the bell of the ball in your new dress. How long will it take you to make it? You amaze me with your sewing tallent!

Kazz: Congrats to you on the weight loss and inches lost. Keep up the great work. You must feel on cloud nine.

LeeAnn: I am an iced tea drinker and I had to do what you did. No iced tea until I drink all my water for the day first. It sure helped me. Good luck.

Kymberly: Okay, I have been gone too long and I'm dying to know. How did you do on your Biggest Looser thing at work? I'm sure you did well.

LeeAnneCarington: I am on a list for WLS too. I am glad that it is going well for you. Let us know how you do when you weigh in.

Patty: Hugs, Hugs, hugs. I hope your DH realizes that you need his support sooner rather than later. Fell better soon.

Sharon: I have to say, I loved your photos and you sure can see the weight loss in your face a bunch! Good for you sweetie.

Valerie/Nolifewithoutmyhorses called my yesterday finally. I was so happy to hear from her. She has been busy with her horses and training young riders. She is hoping that her job will go full time soon as a girl she works with is planning on leaving there soon. She will be trying to get back on track soon and maybe come post more also. (Just wanted you all to know and please keep her in your prayers for her finances are not so great)

Well, day two of the liquid diet and I am okay. My tummy is growling like a rapid animal though. lol. I am very sleepy and headachy still but that will pass. Tomorrow I add back in my exercise. I am excited and looking forward to it. Hope you are all doing well and being op and good girls.
Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 04-18-2007, 12:57 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Talking Introduction to this thread

Morning Laides!

Real quick, my name is Dyan and I've been posting on the 40+ Old Hens Thread. I'm not 40 YET, but will be in 3 short months, which is why I decided that enough was enough and that I needed to get back on this wagon. The one that I jumped off of 3 years ago. I ALMOST gained back all weight that I had lost over the years. 14 pounds shy of getting back up to my highest weight ever. The thing I'm most looking forward to is getting under 220 lbs. That's the lowest I've been in almost 14 years.

I'm a mother of four young children (8, 6, 5 & 3). Let me just say, it was no fun having four kids in 5 years. The first two I was on fertility drugs and the 3rd "just happened". I found out I was pregnant w/her when my son was only 4 months old! I had her 12 days before he turned 1! The reason I bring them up, is because I want to be around to see my grandchildren and to have some awesome memories with my children. I don't want them to remember mommy just sitting around on the couch eating and watching T.V. I want to be able to kick the soccer ball around w/ my son, and twirl like a ballerina with my daughters. I have 4 girls (1 is a sd) and 1 son.

I've been married a little over 11 years and DH is wonferful. He's very supportive and loves me no matter what. He can be so funny.

I also work full time and just recently went back to school and got my degree in Graphic Design. I get up at 4:30 am to workout (5 days a week) then get all my rugrats ready for daycare/school. Drop two off at daycare, drop the other two off at school and then head to work. After work I pick up the kids and make dinner (for myself). DH cooks for him and the kids to help me fight temptation . Then there's homework, baths and bedtime. If I'm lucky I can manage to stay awake until 10 pm (in order to spend some "quality" time with DH). It's a crazy roller coaster at times. Especially now w/my son playing tee ball and the girls asking to be signed up for dance class....and I know it's only going to get crazier!

Okay, so that's me in a nutshell. So much for this being "real quick". I look forward to getting to know everyone. Hi to all of you on the 40+ thread! . Better get back to work!
Old 04-18-2007, 01:04 PM   #55  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Kazz-There have been times, especially long plateaus, where measuring inches lost was the only thing keeping me sane. I have officially threatened my scale that if it doesn’t move any on this weeks weigh in, after all the hard work I’ve been putting it, that it is going to be crushed. I have done that before with old scales, running them over repeatedly in the parking lot. We don’t own a car right now, but the city bus goes by every 15 minutes. I’m going to take it outside and show it the big mean bus, and if it doesn’t straighten up, it’s going to be sorry. I think I’ll take pictures this time if I do it.

LeeAnn-Back when I was still using a wheelchair, and couldn’t really get out of bed to exercise, I started with 1 or 2, but after 6 months was up to 1200 a day, not all at once. I got prickly heat so bad, that I had to start doing them without my pants on. Not a pretty picture. I do them with my back propped up about 15 degrees, and touch my toes. I’m a pear, so I don’t have a large tummy to get in the way. The whole thing has got my husband creeped out. He says normal people shouldn’t be able to do that many. Doing them on the bed is like doing them on a trampoline. I get a good rebound, and it becomes not so much like a crunch, but more aerobic.

Michelle-I hope the dress comes out okay. With the zipper and everything, it’s going to cost like $45. I hate spending that much money on something I’m going to wear once or twice.

Ammi-He offered a foot rub, but they hurt too much to be touched. My feet are very narrow with a high arch, and with my hands, are the skinniest part of my body. They do take a beating with me this heavy. Besides, he really likes my feet, and one of his foot rubs wouldn’t have ended up lasting long enough to do me any good. It shouldn’t take me any longer to make this gown than my wedding gown did since I’m using the same pattern. I have to plan it just right. If I make it too soon, I may not fit it when October rolls around. If I wait too long, I may not get it done in time. I’m visualizing now what kind of shoes to wear, and how I want to do my hair. I had been hoping for emerald green instead of red because I have this hammered copper hair clasp that I got in Mexico that would have gone great with green. It may go with this color, but I’ll have to see. The Governor General is a skinny version of Oprah Winfrey, who dresses like Jackie Kennedy. She couldn’t be upstaged by Madonna.

Meta-WTG on meeting your goal. My next goal is to just see some movement on the scale. I’d take an ounce at this point.

Toofat-I’ve been having allergy problems too. It’s from the snow mold. That is some kind of fungus that gets exposed when the snow piles melt. It looks disgusting and smells a bit like low tide. At least we didn’t have any dead bodies melt out. There are a lot of homeless in this town, and some of the piles were 20 feet tall, so that was a pretty big worry. About your husband, a lot of times guys get very insecure when their wives go on diets. They are afraid that if she loses weight, that she’ll leave him for someone else. Mine knows I worship the ground he walks on, but he still got jealous the other day when one of his friends told him he had a beautiful wife. Talk about it with him. Ask him if he is worried. Some will subconsciously start to sabotage. Reassure him daily, if necessary.

Torister-Flooded basements sound horrible. We didn’t have basements in Oklahoma because there is a had clay pan layer about 3 feet down, and digging through that was almost as expensive as the rest of the house cost. In Florida we didn’t have basements either. We were only a few feet above sea level, so a basement would have been an indoor swimming pool.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:16 PM   #56  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-We must have been posting at the same time. The liver thing must be the major part of it. They have bill boards up here on the buses about how fatty liver disease is now the main liver disease in Canada over cirrhosis or cancer. When I was in Florida, my doctor had me try to talk to a guy who was dying of it. It is apparently a horrible way to die. He just couldn't be reached. All he wanted to talk about is how 10 years ago he had lost all his weight on Metabolite and went all over the country as a spokesperson for them. He was so stuck in the past, that he robbed himself of a future. There are times when I plateau that I wish I could go on a liquid diet for a month or two just to kick start things. We just can't afford it. It sounds like you are having an okay start. I hope that it goes well for you. I want you to have a long future ahead. I want you to be around a long time to kick me in the butt when I need it.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #57  

i dont think DH means to do what he does i think he just forgets sometimes how hard i am working to get this weight off... and him eating alot of time when he is home dont help me...oh well i will be alright if i could kick this headach ..!
Old 04-18-2007, 04:26 PM   #58  

LAnne - I bet you have never tasted anything as nice as that peanut butter on toast you had today!!

You are right that it seems hard to believe it's been 4 weeks since you had your surgery, it certainly has gone quickly

Patti - I bet when your headache goes you'll feel less annoyed with hubby. Sometimes our hubby's just don't get how hard our weight loss journeys can be. I guess it's hard for them or anybody who hasn't been our size to understand. We just have to try to stay strong and not be tempted by all the lovely food that they eat!

Peggy - so sorry to hear about your basement flooding. You sound thoroughly worn out and fed up. I hope you can have an early night and get a good night's sleep

Annie - day two and all is going well apart from your noisy tummy I am glad it's going well, and am sure your tummy will shut up soon

Thanks for the update on Valerie, if you speak to her again please giver her my best.

Dyan - glad to see you posting on our little section of the board. I hope you will post here often if you have the time in your busy schedule.

Catherine - emerald green is a gorgeous colour too, but I really think the red is more regal. I am no expert but I reckon that the copper hair clasp will still go well with it. As for nobody being able to upstage The Governor General, she does sound like a stunner, but I still think you in your gorgeous gown will turn some heads.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 04-18-2007, 06:22 PM   #59  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Just a little note to say hello. First day back at work today. I really love some of my co workers and some I can't stand to even look at. That having been said, I was naughty today. Two donuts and a chocolate bar. NOT at once mind you, but they went to my tummy nevertheless. Tomorrow has to be a better day.
Got the drug tests back on sd. They were NEGATIVE! I've never been so happy to be wrong before.
Gotta run. Take care.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #60  

Sandy - wow great news about your SDs drug test!!

Don't beat yourself up about the little treats you had today, just carry on the rest of your day OP and just keep on going.

Hugs,

Ammi
Closed Thread