Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:29 PM   #76  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone! OK! I’ve gotten past Easter, gotten back from traveling and have now been able to spend some time and catch up on this week’s thread. Given Lesley’s mishap with losing her mega-post, I am doing this in Word just in case. I’m pretty behind in personals so this may be lengthy.

KYMBERLY – I don’t think that people who are not overweight truly understand what it is like to be heavy and how important it is to us to stay on track. Your family may be a perfect example of this since they keep encouraging you to go out and eat with them. I’m sure it is not malicious, but I know that is frustrating for you. The good news for me in reference to this week’s travel and eating out this week was that the lady I was with knew what I was doing and supported me. Although I did well while out of town and stayed OP, I am relieved to be home so that I can get back into a routine. I’m like you in that when I am forced off course, it is very stressful. I have comfort in knowing that there are rules with my diet and I want to stick to them. Hang in there and just keep focused on your goal. Also, WTG on another 2.5 pounds lost!!!!!

LESLEY – 23 pounds in one month! Fabulous! What’s your secret? Did I miss a post where you gave us the secret? I’m so glad your camping trip and hiking excursions were good. After I lost about 11 pounds, I started noticing that I had more energy and I didn’t get as tired when I walked. That was such a gratifying feeling and gives me hope that I will be able to be more active as I lose more weight. I’m sorry you didn’t get the job you wanted, but you should be proud that you did not cave and start binging. Frustration and disappointment were major overeating triggers for me before I got on my liquid diet.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE ANNIE IS??? I must have missed a post that said what was going on, but I’m really worried. If anyone knows, would you fill me in?

BRANDNEWME – Don’t feel bad or embarrassed or feel that you are a failure because you might have to opt for surgery. I have known many people who have done that and they have had great success. I thought seriously about it and did research on it before I discovered this liquid diet that I am on. I view this diet as kind of a last chance and just wanted to make sure I had tried everything before I did something as drastic as WLS. You mentioned that a liquid diet has been suggested. For what it’s worth, I have lost 20 pounds in 5 weeks and Sharon has lost about 27 pounds (Sharon – Is that right?) in about 6 weeks. It works, so you may want to give it a shot before you make the final decision to do surgery. Feel free to PM me if you want to know more.

SHARON –You are such a kind person and you have been a good friend. Thank you so much for your support and encouragement. I’m so pleased for you that you are getting into smaller sizes and that your doctor is slowly decreasing your meds. It’s 27 pounds now – right? That’s amazing! I wish I weighed what you do. You should really be proud. I’m glad to know that the liquid diets often cause emotional highs and lows. I think that’s what happened to me over the last week, but my mood has evened out and I feel ready to move forward again. WTG, girl!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!

AMMI – My goodness! It sounds like your root canal was a horrible experience. I’m so sorry you had to go through all that discomfort. I echo what Sharon said that I think you have just been amazing. You have been faced with so many sorrows and challenges in the last few months and you seem to have handled it remarkably well. With everything you’ve gone through, it is really no wonder that you get weepy now and then. Whether you realize it or not, you have a lot of pain bottled up inside and it’s just gonna take a while to work itself out. You said that you wished you could get off the antidepressants, but I’m sure you know that now is probably not a good time to start. I’ve been on them since 1993 and have come to realize that they are just part of my life and I have to accept it. BTW – 103 pounds is amazing! I can’t even imagine losing that much. You must be so proud!!!!! Also, thank you so much for all your support! You are a wonderful person and I’m glad to know you!

LANNCARRINGTON – 32 pounds in 3 weeks???? Unbelievable!!!!! Sounds like lapband was definitely a good decision and well worth the $26K. You go girl!!!!!

Nancy – Are you still having back problems? I hope things are getting better. Back pain can be excruciating. You don’t realize until you have it that it basically impacts every movement you make in your whole body. I hope the pain is subsiding. Have you found out if you got the apartment? Let us know. Also, thanks for your encouragement this week. The example of picking up a 20 pound bag of dog food to see how heavy it feels is a good one. I did it and that really gave me some perspective. I really appreciate your insight.

MICHELLE – My goodness! You and your husband are really being challenged. That’s quite a bit to endure and still remain focused on your plan. Stay strong and know that I will keep you and your husband in my prayers.

WYLLEN – 120 pounds????? I’m so in awe of you!

CATHERINE – You are so insightful and your posts totally crack me up. You have a wonderful sense of humor. Please put me on the list for your book! I’m ready to send a check!!! Thanks for your encouragement this week. Your comment that you have lost 1 pound 200 times is a really good way to look at it., and I absolutely can’t imagine being able to lose so much. I’m just going to try to take this a step at a time and realize that small progress is still progress. I do tend to try to be a perfectionist, so I have to quit that and just accept the fact that I’m human and I won’t always be 100% OP. Please keep us posted on your immigration status. At least you are reasonably comfortable that your app has been approved!!!!! Also, thanks for brining up the “reach” problem. I too have had the problem and it has gotten better since I have lost some weight. However, it was pretty upsetting and I’m glad to know that I am not the only one!

CHIMI – I’m so sorry that your family got robbed. That must be so upsetting. At least you and your loved ones didn’t get hurt. Hang in there!

JILLY – Thanks for your insight regarding my posts and also for your comment that I only need to lose 20 pounds 5 more times. I’ll try to look at it that way.

ZELMA – Congrats for taking the plunge and seeking out the meds. There is absolutely no disgrace in that. You are entitled to take care of yourself and your courage to do something that is out of your comfort zone is admirable. My Dad and my grandmother both take Lexapro and it has really helped them. Just remember what I said when we last talked that these things build up in your system so you may not feel and immediate difference. Just give it some time and experiment with dosage (only at your doctor’s direction, of course) and you will find what you are looking for. Good luck!

DONNA – I came so close to stealing the extender too, but I had an attack of conscience and gave it back. When I got on the plane again and had to ask for it, I had wished I had just kept the last one. I’m sorry about the WW thing. It is so frustrating when things like that happen, particularly when it is politically motivated or just for no good reason. Keep us posted on what the verdict is.

LILLION – Your haircut analogy is a good one when compared to people noticing weight loss. You’re right. When you see someone regularly, you really don’t notice changes until they are very, very pronounced. Also, I talked to my therapist today and she said that there are so many reasons why people might not say anything – maybe they really don’t notice, maybe they just don’t care, maybe they aren’t sure and don’t want to embarrass you . . . all sorts of reasons. As everyone has said, the important thing is that I notice. Eventually, people will see the changes. Thanks for your support.

SANDY – I’m so sorry about your woman problems. I have a friend who had that problem and was told that surgery would surely fix it. She didn’t go through with it for reasons unknown to me, but my point is that it is fixable. Just keep the faith and all will work out. Also, WTG on losing your 15 + 2!!! That’s awesome!!!!! Also, you had a good point that you should not leave the house when you are hungry. I have done that too many times since I have been on this diet and have come pretty close to buying a burger. Fortunately, I didn’t do it. Thanks for your support!!!

AS FOR ME . . .

I went to my WI today and I lost 2.3 pounds bringing my weight loss to 20.3 pounds in 5 weeks. I met with the doctor and he was very encouraging and complimentary and said that I was well above the minimum weight loss requirements to stay in the program. He said that now that my body has gotten used to the 800 calorie diet, I now need to start working exercise into my routine. He said that the WL is the easy part, but the maintenance is the hard part. In order to maintain the weight when I start eating again (probably not for another 6 months or so), water and exercise are 100% required. I’m not worried about the water, but the exercise is gonna take some discipline. I have never liked the “E” word. I’m gonna try to buy a bike this weekend and start slowly. Maybe as I lose more weight, it won’t be as uncomfortable and I won’t hate exercise so much. I hope so. OH! ALSO! I got my labs done last week and got the results today. My cholesterol declined from 177 to 128!!!!! Amazing!!!!!

Well, tomorrow I’m going to Austin to visit my brother and the girls. It will be nice to get away for pleasure rather than business. Everyone have a good weekend and I’ll check in soon!

Lisa
Old 04-12-2007, 11:59 PM   #77  
Just Do It!

Hey gals,
I'm afraid its going to have to be another quick one, i'm sowwys... Actually by the way I rattle on sometimes its probably for the best

Firstly thank you so much for all your kind words about the robbery- and unfortunately yes this is the house I am moving into. Actually, I would choose to be there more often just to protect my ma, who will be there for a few months still till they move to melbourne. Look, I'm not afraid, and I'm not worried about the stuff- as you all know stuff is stuff and it can all be replaced. But yeah it feels crap that we're so vulnerable!!! Plus when I live there the dude won't be so lucky to leave in one piece... its that "hick-farmer-with-shotgun" part of my brain taking over now!! heheh.
As far as weightloss, I'm afraid of the damage I've done, and I feel a bit like that boulder in Indiana Jones with a colision course... I have a fridge full of healthy food but I turn green at the thought of eating them!!! BaH!!!

I promise to be on the ball next week!! :P

Best to everyone!! xoxoxoxoxoxooxx
Old 04-13-2007, 12:14 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Lisa -- Just to follow up on people noticing. After losing 120 pounds some people still don't acknowledge it -- though I think pretty much everyone NOTICES now. So you never know why people don't say anything.

When I first started I didn't want people to notice. I felt like it would be extra pressure!

Sue -- Good to see you again!!

Not much time for personals these days. Work has me very VERY busy...
Old 04-13-2007, 12:18 AM   #79  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

DJCJ-I am trying to visualize myself exploding. What a big greasy mess that would make. I guess it would be better than visualizing myself as road kill.

Lisa-I couldn’t imagine losing this much weight either, but then I couldn’t imagine having gained this much in the first place. I really snuck up on me. One day I was 375, and the next time I was weighed in the hospital it said 535. I told the nurse she was nuts and that scale was wrong. She told me that’s what we all say. Try to find an exercise that you actually like. I love the pool. My basketball court is finally snow free, so I’m going to get to try out the basketball Santa brought me. Any movement is good, and a slower exercise that you will stick with is better than something you won’t. The 3 keys to sticking with exercise is having it be convenient, affordable for you, and enjoyable.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:56 AM   #80  

Hey everyone-

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Thank you to all of you for the nice words about our situation. I am sure everything will turn out ok. I am really determined to not let this sink me into depression. I can't afford to give up and put on another 10 pounds. We have yet to find out DHs results. Hopefully we will know soon. The bad news is I have to wait until April 25 to get the right thyroid medicine I need. But on a better note we are going shopping today and will restock on healthy food so we can get back OP.

WYLLENN~ 120 pounds lost is awesome! You are such an inspiration.

PATTI
~Thanks so much. Also I was glad to hear your knee is doing better. I was wondering how you were doing.

CATHERINE~Thanks so much. Thankfully my cats were not eating the bad food. He lost most of his teeth because his mouth was so infected.But he is doing great now. Wow I hope they won't have to do that test on me! I am not sure what tests they will do. They want to check me for allergies first then find out deeper whats going on with my ear. Guess its just a waiting game!

LISA~I am so sorry you are having a hard time hun. And I totally understand about the plane.

SHARON~I just wanted to say WTG on all of your losses! You are doing great!

AMMI~Hope you are feeling better. I need to go to the dentist soon and I am sure I need work done! Thanks so much for the well wishes. I am really keeping faith everything will be ok. Even if its not all we can do is keep moving forward. Kitty is recovering wonderfully! All of that worrying about him for nothing! But he did have to have 7 teeth pulled! Poor thing! I am not sure about my thyroid. It has been really hard to get a stable dose of medicine for me. It constantly goes up and down and does not want to stay normal even on medicine. The Dr's said they are not sure why it does that. They are not sure if anything is on my thyroid...could just be a nodule. So I will get another scan ASAP. Again I appreciate the well wishes.I hope things continue to go well for you.

DONNA~Thanks so much hun. Alex is doing wonderful! Thanks for asking! And WTG on losing 5 pounds!!!

SANDY~Good to see you post. Thanks for the well wishes. I hear you about having a gain because of stress. I am sure that is why I have just gained most of my life. It can be hard to stay focused when life gets stressful. But that is wonderful you lost 13 of the 15 pounds! I am sorry to hear about your health problems. I hope the OBGYN can tell you soon exactly whats going on. Hang in there hun.

NANCY~Did you get the apartment? I hope everything turned out alright.

LANNE~That is a awesome NSV about your knee! Good luck at your WI!

LESLEY~Thanks for the well wishes! I am sorry you didn't get the job you wanted. Your pics of you and your family camping are great! That is awesome you did all of that hiking! I don't think I could have hiked that far! And 23 pounds lost in a month? That is awesome girl!

XENA~Glad to see you post! And WTG on your loss! You will see the two's in no time!

MISTI~Great to hear from you!

SHARON~YAY on losing 4 pounds!

KYMBERLY~Congrats on losing 2.5 pounds!

DONNA~I am so sorry they canceled the WW!

DJCJ~What a great pic of your family! Thanks for sharing!

LISA~Thanks so much for the prayers. YAY on your loss! Losing 20.3 pounds in 5 weeks is really good! And that is just wonderful about your labs! Have a great time in Austin! MY mom in law lives there...its so pretty!

Well I am sorry if I left anyone out! I have written a book here! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Stay OP and take care!

Last edited by mechell81; 04-13-2007 at 05:01 AM.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:31 AM   #81  
kazz

S/C/G: 375/322/167

Height: 5"9

hi all...hope everyones having a good week and has a good weekend

i weighed in today...got TOM and gained 1.1 pound,,,,but not concerned as i have been OP and am positive its fluid. Have a busy weekend...tomorrow i am baking and doing some computer graphics work and saturday night out for dinner and sunday is a bbq. I love how as i lose weight im "living" more and more

kazz =]
Old 04-13-2007, 08:38 AM   #82  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!
Another stormy day here. We just got dumped on for last Sunday with about 15 inches and now about 12 is the forcast for snow. Maybe if it is snowman snow I will enjoy it a little more

Getting mentally geared up for my weigh in. I have had 2 pretty bad weighins in a row. -1 and no loss. so this week is going to be tough just getting there. Since Sunday I have been on plan and more in control but things havent been perfect before that. I went a little mental I think after reaching my 100lb mark. It is such a freakin head game. I want to lose another 40 or so before august so I really have to step things up!!

Anyhow, time to get dressed and destress I'll be back with my results
Brenda
Old 04-13-2007, 09:05 AM   #83  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Catherine, I agree about doing some like some kind of suspended animation for teens. The trip to the lab was ridiculous. Or should I say the TRIPS to the lab. It's so grating's I don't even want to think about it.
So, how did you mom fare when she had that re constructive surgery?

Donna, I am so sorry about your ww program, Is there anyone to whom you can appeal?It sounded as if contracts were signed and monies paid to ww. I'd call someone. Can you start with the administration for your school and then maybe the ww 800 number? I hope they get it back for you.
I love glitter.com. It was fun trying different fonts and colors. But I couldn't get it to show up here. What's the secret???

Valerie, So sorry about Gabe and missing your special horse show. I feel 26 is old enough to know how to respect Gabe. I completely blame her. You can always tell when a horse is tense. She should have loved on him til he felt better. Poor Gabe, is he ok??

Ammi, Hello my sweet. Yes, the weather is quite strange and I really wish we were having the same kind of weather as you.
Andy's test showed protein in his urine. That can mean a whole bunch of things. And, he's a ding bat. He ALWAYS forgets to sign the paper for me to know stuff. It's not malicious, he just doesn't think about it. Now, his dr will tell me whatever I want to know, but not the nurses. There's a newer law here, that prohibits them from doing so. They can lose their job if they do give any information. Having been through a divorce, I understand the need for the law completely.
And yep, that loss keep me from going crazy at one of those restaurants. :)

DJCJ, Thanks so much for your support. I really appreciate it. And yes, steel fisted, that's me. What's funny is stuff always happens right after I feel like there has been progress made in my relationship with her. Her lying is just killin' me. We'll see how her test turns out. I sure hope it's negative and that I have to apologize to her.
What a lovely family you have. The photo is just beautiful.

Lisa!!!! Your chelesterol levels are amazing! I'm so proud of you and happy for you too. Those kind of results makes me want keep on going. Great Job!

Brenda, CONGRATS!!! on the 100 pound mark.That's awesome. You just keep going. Take one day or even each minute one at a time. 100 pounds, I'm so proud of you!

No new news here since yesterday. Other than what I've said above. Andy is home this morning and I have to go shopping. I hate it cuz lifting the groceries is always painful. But, I'd rather do it today than take away my Abby time this weekend to shop.
Here's to every one having an op day!
TIl later,

Last edited by sandybar; 04-13-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #84  
trying again!

Hi again
OK so it wasnt awful. I was down 2.5 this week. I'll take it!
Gotta go and drink some water

Later...
Brenda
Old 04-13-2007, 10:19 AM   #85  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Well, it looks like I am not going to get the apartment. The woman who is renting it told me that at the last minute her uncle asked her if he could rent it to a friend of his who is getting divorced and she couldn’t say no to family. The only thing is that if he doesn’t give them the security by this weekend then she said she will call me back, so who knows. Even though I am disappointed I just have to think that if I don’t get it, then it wasn’t meant to be and that I will just find something better. However, I did see an apartment complex right near it when I drove there the other day and I think I will go back there today and see if they have anything available. Boy do I just want this to be done and over with! I want to get moving already!

This week has been great for me plan wise. I feel like I have really “clicked” back into place with everything. I got up two mornings this week to do some extra on the Gazelle and also made it to the gym every night this week. I have also been under on calories every day this week, and tracked everything I ate. The weekend will be my big test. That is where I tend to have the most trouble staying with things. Luckily I did see some scale movement yesterday – I am down one pound this week. It’s not a lot, but I will take whatever I can get.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:42 AM   #86  
banned

It's raining in these parts in PA. YUCK. Oh well, it could have been snow flurries. Goofy weather. Someone didn't get the memo that it is SPRING. Where did that nice walking weather in the 70's go? Let's get it back already!

Well, since the fool here didn't weigh herself yesterday, I did it today...and what a way to brighten up a Friday..six more pounds! Yayyyy! I expected maybe one or two since I just had my TOM earlier this week, but I'll take it. Heh.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #87  

good morning everyone congrats on all the losses.. well my scales were up and i dont know why but i will not let it get me down.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:58 AM   #88  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

MICHELLE - Good to see you popping in, but I’m sorry the med problems have been such a trial lately. I’m glad at least that you aren’t having to deal with them way up in the middle of the frozen tundra! Doc’s have got to be more plentiful and lots closer now. I hope that all your issues are mended and resolved soon!!

ZELMA, When you used the word ‘aggression’ you hit a nerve with me. I’ve always had brief spells like that when TOM was knocking at my door. I’d have a mental flash of punching someone or something else violent and Not typically me, and I’d think ‘WOW! Where did that ugliness come from?!’ I’d immediately realize it was the hormones, and then I could just ‘get a grip’ and consciously control my thoughts to pleasant, heartwarming things. With menopause dancing around, preparing to strike at any moment, ridiculous angry surges like that have appeared more frequently, at any time, seemingly without any reason. It’s not so much that I jump on people or act out verbally, but that I can suddenly imagine using my car to run some jerk’s car into the rail for cutting me off or some other petty thing. (Keep in mind I was a pro driver for 10 years – I got cut off 1000 times a day. It isn’t personal and it didn’t ruffle my feathers.) It’s scary sometimes, because I know that temper isn’t me.
I’ve already given thought to doing what you’re doing, taking meds. I have no reservations about it beyond reasonable caution. If something is causing an imbalance in my system that makes me miserable, and I have a way to adjust it for the better, improving my life and those I cherish most around me, then it’s certainly worth giving a chance. It’s just help until our minds and bodies adjust stop betraying us. In both our cases I don’t believe it’s a permanent problem, but even if it were, it’s still a possible answer. Hugs can be magic to heal our hurts and hearts, but sometimes hugs and magic don’t quite get the job done. I applaud your effort to get help during your time of turmoil.
I have two older sisters, one on meds for life for depression and seizures, and one who won’t take anything or listen to anyone. One has dealt with horrendous challenges in life, I love dearly and am closer to each passing year. The other has no relationship with any family anymore, has destroyed her son’s life, and has issues with violence, lies and any form of stability in her life. One is a warm, loving, creative, fascinating woman. The other Can be warm and creative, but instead chooses to indulge in fits of rage, grinds her teeth, stares at the wall and dreams of violence – sometimes for days at a time. I know which one I respect, want to be around and emulate. They are extreme cases, but perhaps I’ll have an extreme time in my life, and for myself, I think ‘toughing it out’ is just absurd when there’s help available. I SUPPOSE I could splint my own leg if I broke it, but if I’m in pain and there’s help available…

SANDYBAR! OMGoodness, you’ve been up to a lot. Great job ditching those sneaky pounds that came back, and sending even more of their friends packing too!!! Very cool about the play – I hope it comes off wonderfully! Our local kids just did a Suess play and the elementary school did some Aesops fable skits. I love that stuff! Congrats to your DH on 2-town, that’s SUPER! Good luck with your SD. Been there, done that. Too bad about the worthless mom. I hope your story with SD ends happily, but that could take another 10 years. Hang in there! Sorry to hear about the prolapses. I certainly hope your doc can help you and that you feel much better soon! * As for Gabe and Jen, she really is a good trainer in many ways. We all have lapses of judgment, and I think that he was such a rush to be up on, and perhaps she wanted to impress me as well, that she lost a little perspective. She’s also used to training far more small horses and ponies, and usually he’s so laid back, I’m sure he surprised her as well as gave her an education. He’s fine. They were both just a little shaken, but Gabe is so people oriented that if I just put more time in to him and don’t rush him, he’ll be great.

MISTI, MISTI, MISTI!!! It’s WONderful to have you back!!!

NANCY – Fingers are crossed on the apartment you looked at! * Oh, bummer about the uncle, but it sounds like there's still a chance. Or perhaps something better will come along this afternoon that you would otherwise have missed.

XENA – FanTAStic about the calc test! If I ever take it again, I’ll know who to call for a tutor!

LISA, I’m so far behind I didn’t get to say it when you posted, but <hugs> anyway! The list is great for venting – we all need it now and then, and who understands better than us. The last thing we’d want is for someone to disappear when they’re feeling down!! I applaud you for hanging in there and continuing the journey. Blue days happen. But so do the Golden ones!

LANNE – Woo-HOO! On the pain-free knees! Since I’ve stopped working out so much, I find the aches coming back. Keep up the great work!!! - Holy Smoke, Batmat! SIX more pounds??? Like, WOW!!!

SHARON – CONGRATS on that 4 pounds! Awesome!

BRENDA, I didn’t get to say it at the time, but absolutely AWESOME job at jumping over the 100 marker! Absolutely awesome!!! Looking at the weather map, it looks like you guys are really having a late winter – what a lot of snow! CONGRATS on that -2.5! Good showing!

JILL – Chinese for the team? I may have to join! Actually, today is my ‘late’ day. I start at 12:30, so I’m picking up – you guessed it – Chinese food on my way in to work.

DONNA – Drat that Freaking Administrator! Since we can’t shoot ‘im, I’ll just hope he gets GAS – really bad gas, from now until after the next board meeting, or date, or job interview, whichever comes LAST. Truly, I hope the meetings are able to carry on there. It seems like such a great option for the people who are VOLUNTARILY going to them.

CATHERINE, I hear you on the fabric or book show! My husband’s jeep was parked in the driveway, and I’ll use it to get to work, but driving it all the way to Columbus and back… I think not. We’re trying to limp another year or two out of it, but I’m constantly amazed that it doesn’t disintegrate right there in the drive. I suppose I should be glad I didn’t spend all that money on gas, or have to face the temptations of elephant ears or funnel cakes. There’s always next year… and actually, I may have a ride to go down on Saturday, so I wouldn’t Totally miss the event.

CHIMI, I’ve heard it said that the worst part of a burglary like yours isn’t the loss of stuff, it’s the invasion of one’s personal space and that feeling of vulnerability. With more people living there, though, I’m sure you’ll all be safer from a repeat. So sorry you lost personal photos – that’s the very worst of it.

KAZZ – you hit the nail on the head: “I love how as i lose weight im "living" more and more.”

SHARVANNE, LESLEY, KYMBERLY, PATTI, ERIKA, DJCJ, LILION, HEATHER and Everyone else – Greetings and good wishes!

Seek JOY today, ladies, in both goals and motivation. And may you find it!
Old 04-13-2007, 11:49 AM   #89  
trying again!

Hey girls
My sis is a saviour *L* She just called to see if I want to attend a girls night spa with her and some of our mutual friends. I am so excited!! We are going as long as the storm doesnt get worse and it gets cancelled. You get a mini manicure, mini pedicure, tanning session, 3-4 highlites in your hair, haircut, eyebrows, and massage for like 75 bucks. I SO need this!!! I have been so freakin stressed with work and losing my sanity etc. Cross your fingers about the weather!! I'll let you know!

Brenda
Old 04-13-2007, 02:08 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 310/289/170

Good afternoon! I am at home with Baby Boy again today, have started Mensus and still have to sew my butt off for the play. Whew. I am tired today. I don’t gain so much weight anymore with my period, but I am so fatigued. I just want to sleep and sleep and sleep some more! Thanks for the compliments on my girls and the boy. That picture is from Easter and they were all just so darned happy. Well, like promised I am keeping up on my personals this week so here goes:

Lisa- I am glad you are back and feeling better. I have to fight the feeling to stay offline when I get unhappy too. But that is really what we are all here for. Support and understanding. Oh yeah, 20 carrot jigs for you! You are doing great. Good news on the lab reports. Those are really important. Have fun on your leisure trip. I hear Austin is really cool.

Chimichanga- OMIGOD I missed the post with the robbery in it. I am so sorry and don’t for one second let your “hick-farmer-with-a-gun” tendencies down. I truly believe that if every robbery began face to face with a “pissed-off-country-girl-mama-with-a –gun-and-attitude” there would be NO robberies. My husband and I were robbed many years ago after I was severely burned and had to stay with family. The kid came in my home and watched TV! The neighbor saw him and thought he was a friend or something. He then proceeded to steal everything in sight and leave our door open so our brand new baby kitties got out and were lost forever! Luckily, I lived in a pretty harsh biker neighborhood back then and the neighbors set up a trap for the little ***** and caught him! I completely empathize with you. Just be mad, it is far more therapeutic than sad.

Catherine-Once again you have me rolling. I can’t help but visualize that one certain “ Wafer Thin Mint” skit by Monty Python!

Michelle- Just try to stay happy. It really can take a lot of effort sometimes. But it is worth it. Big Hugs.

Kazz- You know it is only water weight. I used to gain 18-20 lbs, EVERY period. Ridiculous. LOL

Brenda- A one pound loss is better than nothing. I still know how you feel. However, don’t forget that you did lose 100 lbs. You are still rockin’ it. Even if you didn’t lose another pound for several months, you have accomplished something major. You need to give yourself some credit. See! Great Job, three dancing carrots for you! I hope you have a great spa night! You deserve it.

Sandy- I am always glad to lend support for help with the chitlins’!(that’s what me and the hubby call all the kids, even the older ones) I can relate with the break throughs and then the setbacks. Oona my oldest is not my biological child, so I can definitely relate. I figured out that they are just like the little ones, except they want you to think they are cooler or smarter or something. They aren’t. Those setbacks are just tests to see if you really mean it or not. Trust me. You mean it, she just doesn’t believe it. How could she? Like you said, her mother loves her children, but how, as mothers, do we show our love? Certainly not by letting our teens run around wild with no boundaries, no love, no ties to reality! You are doing everything right. My heart is out there for you. For your step daughter too. How sad it would be to be her. She seems really lost and having some identity issues. You just stay strong and without judgement. If you do what you have to do without judging her for it, you may just get what you want. She needs your boundaries, no doubt, but so would a perfect child. So, she’s just a kid. No matter how annoying! LOL Sorry about the lecture type response. I just have such a close relationship with your situation. Keep me updated. You rock.

Nancy-I am so sorry about the apartment. Well, you are right, it may not be meant for you. Hang in there, the one will come. You are doing everything you can. Hugs!

LAnneC-Six carrots for you!!!!!!!!!

Toofatforu-Hugs. It will happen.

Valerie-I am so sorry you missed your horse show. My daughter Oona loves horses too. So, I know how important that can be.

Well, I finished my personals and I still don’t really want to go, but alas I must sew, the Wizard of Oz shall not wait for anyone, me included. I hope you all have a great weekend.

Sorry if I missed anyone, I am on my period, so that always makes me a little spacey!
Closed Thread