Old 05-21-2007, 10:54 AM   #31  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Gwyn - It's sooooo exciting that you've began to walk a little again. That is a huge accomplishment and a basic freedom that everyone deserves. I'm so happy you're on your way!
MetaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:16 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 455/435/150

Height: 5'5

Hiya
Your new dog sounds lovely.. But I had to laugh with the stinker talk lol My mom has had trouble with that and her og.. Come to find out he couldn't have chicken, makes him toot so terribly.. Might be worth a shot to try for you! if not there is always air freshener lollllll

Thats so wodnerful you are making progress with your walking.. Its really tough starting but it all helps doesn't it.. Keep up that great work!

There are a few videos I have, they are done froma seated position.. Another one I have taht I love is Rochard simmons get started video.. I do what I can and if I can't I walk in place.. But hey at least its moving forward!

His other seated one is called Sit Tight.. Ebay has many videos like this.. If you wanted to take a peek..

Here's to a week of loss ! lol loss ina good way yay!

Rochelle
babyblueangeleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:54 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

Thank you Meta Chick and Rochelle
It is so kind of you gals to post on my thread.
I love company! I love reading what others are doing and have to comment or say.
I can not tell you again I would have never thought or even hoped or imagined that I would be excited about going to the hospital to get weighed!But here we are already to the last Sunday of the month (that is when I get weighed) coming up at the end of this week!!! WOW!!! I want to bust out of here and run all the way there. Hahahahaha now I am dreaming and imagening hahahhahaha!
Silly me! ahahahaha
There was no way ever that I can say that I was excited to get weighed, not even when I was on diet and doing well! I feared the scale! It was like an enemy to me! A dreaded enemy to be exact! I acted as if the scale of it's self had a life and was an evil liar! On day it would say I lost weight and then it would say I gained! It was awful. But now that Jesus has set me free and I have been obedieant to Him and His will, I no longer am afraid. I know that this sounds nuts but really, what I was afraid of was the truth!!!
The truth about what I was putting into my mouth, the truth about ME! The scale had no life of it's own, yet I let it tell me how I would feelfor the day, week, month, year etc... I would let it have power over my dispostion in life.
Now it is in it's rightful place a tool. A tool that measures the TRUTH in pounds. I have given the God of heaven and earth His rightful place in my heart and now I have nothing to be afraid of. I have taken up my cross and I am following Him.
Well I can't tell you how free I have become since I began an online course that is free financially, FREEING spiritually and FREEING physically! If you have not checked it out, you must! I would recommend it to anyone who suffers from obesity.
Who the Son sets free is free indeed! Well I gotta go now and take my nightly walk. Love in Christ your friend, Gwyn
http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/lords_table/
Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:58 PM   #34  

Exclamation My Dear Friends I need you right NOW!

My Dear Friend, I need you right now! I need you to help me pray ! I need your most earnest and sincere prayers!
My Oldest Son Adam is in jail he wreaked my car. He took it last night and drove it up to his brothers house to work on it. He put it in a ditch last week and broke a fan blade tip. Well today they were on their way to Auto Zone to get parts when he hit the brakes on a curve and they failed and he ran the car into a utility pole and knocked down some wires. They fled the scene and a witness who saw the accident reported it and my car plates. Long story short Adam was arrested for driving while suspended and he was also on parole for drinking and driving charges. I talked to him before the police got there and again he threaten to kill himself, he swore it. Over the last two weeks he has been doing that. Please I need the group to help me pray for Adam, he keeps threatening to take his own life. He feels he is hopeless. I have been praying and crying out to God all night. He has been very combative and took a huge chefs knife and put it to his throat and screamed he was going to kill himself 3x's. Later I walked into his room and he was sitting on his bed crying with a knife sitting by his side. I held him and told him everything is going to be alright. I love him so much. I know Jesus loves him more! There seems to be nothing I can do or say to convince him I love him and Jesus loves him.
The devil is a liar!! I pray that Adam will open up his heart to Jesus. I pray Jesus gives him a Saul to Paul conversion or any thing he wants to do. I did try to talk him into letting me take him to the hospital for help, but he refuses, since he has no insurance.

He is in jail now. I just don't know how he is going to behave when he gets out. He is angry and sounded violent. He desperately needs a Saul to Paul conversion. I seem to be unable to reach him, but I serve a Mighty God who does know how and if this is part of His plan then so be it. I did call the Mentel Health Hospital and they are going to send someone in tomm. to have him assesed. He does have some issues with bi-polar disorder and ADD. He is supposed to be on medications for it but has not. My Son Daniel says my car is HIT! Meaning totaled!

The devil has done everything in his power to get me to dive into food for comfort, but I AM TELLING YOU , I HAVE BEEN DELIVERED ! I AM FREE FROM THE SIN OF GLUTTONY! PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD. PRAISE GOD!!
I continue on my Lords Table course and I have been very blessed in and through it.

Thank you so much for your kindness, love and prayers.
Love in Christ, Gwyn

Old 05-25-2007, 05:54 PM   #35  

Default Update On Adam

I called the jail last night to be sure they put Adam on watch and they promised they would. I also called Park Center mental health emergency and talked to them and set it up with them to go to the lock up and assess Adam for in-patient care in the morning. I called early this morning about 5:00am to check on him and they told me that they had released him during the night on his own recommence! Well he went to court this morning and they told him he has to get a better job and pay more fines or go to jail for 2 years. So He just got dropped off here. He went into his room and there he sits. We are car less now and live in Woodburn which might as well be Timbuktu, Since it is so far from the city and there is certainly no city busses coming clear out here in the country. We are over 10 miles from anywhere! I just MUST> MUST>MUST> TRUST >JESUS IN ALL OF THIS!
Well this is my update for now. Thank you for your prayers. In all this strife, termoil and trouble,
I have stayed the course!!! I HAVE NOT FALLEN AND GOD HAS BEEN VERY GOOD TO ME AND FAITHFUL! ALL OF THIS HAS A PURPOSE. I believe that He will work all things together for the GOOD! Because I love Him and I am called according to His purpose!
LOVE In Christ, Gwyn
Old 05-26-2007, 05:49 AM   #36  

GUESS WHAT???
I went for my walk and I walked exactly 1/2 mile pushing my wheelchair. While Ceaser(no not a bunny rabbit, but my new dog) pulled lightly on his leash and Hubby pushed my oxygen tank!!!!
I am soooooooooooooooooo
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
of course I had to stop and rest a few times, but we made it, to the GLORY OF GOD! He is the one who encouraged me to do it. I felt Him urging me to try and I kept thinking, no way! I can't do that! I weigh, way to much to go that far!
But then He (Jesus) would show me the truth, the whole truth,
and nothing but the truth!
What is that you may ask?
The TRUTH was...
I didn't want to do it!
So when I got to my turning point to head back home and complete my 2/10's of a mile. I just kept plodding on, at 1st I felt, oh no, this is going to be too far! I'll never make it! It's going to be too hard for me. But He would encourage me with HIS WORD! IE: I can do all things through Christ. It was wonderful, soon before I knew it I was almost home!
Adam and I talked for a while this eveing, I tried to encourage him to cry out to the Lord from whom all blessing flow.
I believe in my heart that he will. And God will save him and help him.
I love you all! Thanks for reading my thread and posts. Please feel free to comment anytime. I love company.
God Bless You!
Love in Christ, Gwyn
Old 05-26-2007, 11:06 AM   #37  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Congratulations on your walking success Gwyn! Such a big deal, and very exciting. Sorry for all your stress of recent days, and hope things are looking up.
MetaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:25 AM   #38  

Thank you Meta Chick I appreciate your care and kindness. I thank you for your kind encouragement too! My husband and I are getting prepared to go on a great adventure together. 40 days for 40 years. It is a National effort and we are going to be part of it. We are tierd of just talking about change. We want to do something and be a part of a good change for the Better of Our Country, Our Nation, Our America!
Well I have been doing wonderfully! I have stayed the course. Even though my Son wrecked my car and I am car less right now. I didn't get to go get weighed yesterday. But I hope someone may take me today! We will see.
Have a Wonderful Memorial Day!!! In Christ, Gwyn

Last edited by Heather; 05-30-2007 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:06 AM   #39  

Since I have such a long weigh to go and
I have 4 Children who despreatly need to see the Light! Who need to be saved, sanctified and filled with the Spirit of God! And My husband also has 4 Children who are in the same boat going the WRONG WAY! And since there is a lot of pain and suffering in our family, alcoholism, drug abuse, and other un-mentionalbles. We plan to CRY OUT TO GOD FOR THEM! We plan to grab hold of the horns of the alter and hold so tightly that our fingers are imprinted there! We will seek the Face of the Almighty GOD on behalf of our unsaved loved ones, on behalf of the unsaved peoples of our nation, the United States of America!
NOW IS THE TIME FOR ACTION! We pass whining and complaining, and murmuring emails about how something needs to be done, but are we willing to DO SOMETHING OURSELVES?

are we willing to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT WE CAN DO? Remember what President John Kennedy said in his great speech? "Ask not what your country can do for you, But Ask What YOU can do for your Country!" NOW IS THE TIME FOR AMERICA TO PULL TOGETHER, HUMBLE OURSELVES AND CRY OUT TO GOD IN ONE VOICE IN AGREEMENT! Let ACTS OF SERVICE TURN THE TIDE IN THE NAME OF JESUS!
New International Version (NIV)

Isaiah 58

True Fasting

1 "Shout it aloud, do not hold back.
Raise your voice like a trumpet.
Declare to my people their rebellion
and to the house of Jacob their sins.

2 For day after day they seek me out;
they seem eager to know my ways,
as if they were a nation that does what is right
and has not forsaken the commands of its God.
They ask me for just decisions
and seem eager for God to come near them.

3 'Why have we fasted,' they say,
'and you have not seen it?
Why have we humbled ourselves,
and you have not noticed?'
"Yet on the day of your fasting, you do as you please
and exploit all your workers.

4 Your fasting ends in quarreling and strife,
and in striking each other with wicked fists.
You cannot fast as you do today
and expect your voice to be heard on high.

5 Is this the kind of fast I have chosen,
only a day for a man to humble himself?
Is it only for bowing one's head like a reed
and for lying on sackcloth and ashes?
Is that what you call a fast,
a day acceptable to the LORD ?

6 "Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?

7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe him,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?

8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness [
a] will go before you,
and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.

9 Then you will call, and the LORD will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
"If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,

10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday.

11 The LORD will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.

12 Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins
and will raise up the age-old foundations;
you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls,
Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.

13 "If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath
and from doing as you please on my holy day,
if you call the Sabbath a delight
and the LORD's holy day honorable,
and if you honor it by not going your own way
and not doing as you please or speaking idle words,
14 then you will find your joy in the LORD,
and I will cause you to ride on the heights of the land
and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob."
The mouth of the LORD has spoken.

[FONT=Arial Black]

I Love you in Christ my brother and sister,
In Christ, Gwyn L. Ditmars

Last edited by Heather; 05-30-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:39 PM   #40  

Hello! Just wanted to check in! I have been doing good and staying the course! I spent Memorial Day in my Mom's pool with my 2 grandchildren and my 2 daughters in law. We had a wonderful day! I ate in great moderation and felt real, real good about that.
I know my brother had never seen me do that before, not at a family celebration anyway! So to God Be the Glory! I am on the 40 days for 40 years now and I am doing great so far. No it is not fun, but I feel it is very nessesary, very needful.
I even walked last night with Cesar and that was went well too. I will check in later to keep this thread posted.
Hope you are doing well too.
Love in Christ, your friend, Gwyn
Old 05-30-2007, 10:51 PM   #41  
Support Our Troops

S/C/G: 338/319/250

Height: 5'5

great job! Your posts are very energetic!! Inspiring!
Angela0806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:49 AM   #42  

Default RIP TIDE! My Story of almost drowning in California

Thank you so much Angela! That was so kind of you to say so. I love your picture! You have a beautiful face!
May God Bless Your Heart and Life. May the Peace that passes all understanding be in your heart and soul today and forever in the Name of Jesus!

Hey I wanted to share my story about the time I almost drowned in a rip tide out off Mission Beach in San Deigo, California when I was driving Semi Trucks for a living before I became Ill. So here it is Hope you like it!
I was in San Diego, Ca in 2002 I will never forget it. I took a 3 day layover while driving for North American Van Lines, while in San Diego. So that I could rest and enjoy the beach. My husband was with me. I was the driver and he was the lumpur. We had dropped the trailer at the terminal and bobtailed down to Mission Beach. It was October and we practically had the whole beach to ourselves. The water was cold, I would guess around 62 degrees. But that made no never mind to me! I am a fish!!! I have always loved to be in water. My husband and I played in the waves for about an hour. We were having such a wonderful time. He got chilly and tried to get me to go back to the truck with him in to warm up. But I was no were near ready to get out yet. It was my 1st time in the pacific ocean and I intended to make the most of it! So I watched him stroll up to the truck that was sitting in the Mission Beach parking lot.
I continued to play in the heavy rolling waves. Then suddenly it seemed as if I were in a battle with the waves. They were getting much stronger and they would knock me down and I would get up to face the next to see if I could stand and keep my footing. Soon an all too familiar deep dark sadness came over me. I began to think of my children and all of the heart ache and pain they had to suffer, because I choose to stay with their Father who I was married to for 16 years. He was a very cruel and abusive man. He caused such pain and devastation in our hearts and lives.
I felt my children's pain so intensely and I began to think of what the divorce had put them through. I walked away from him and left him everything. Because I did not want to fight. Anyway, there I was in the waves, waves of salt water and waves of violent inner pain. I began to wrestle with the waves like I was actually wrestling with God, with life, with depression, with agony. My tears mingled in with ocean water as they fell from my face. I felt I could not go on living any longer in this pain. I could not bare to see my children all using drugs and alcohol heavily to try and medicate their own pain and suffering.
I felt since I had abandoned God when I divorced my children's father, believing that since God hates divorce, then surly he hated and abandoned me too.
I felt unloved by God and Man. My Children were angry at me, my family was angry at me, my friends were unhappy with my decision. I truly felt smothered in a deep heavy black blanket of anguish and despair. I felt that life as it was, just wasn't worth living any longer. Not that I would take me own life, but kept wishing someone or something would. As I stood there wrestling with the waves crying my heart out to God. I noticed I had gotten quite a distance from the shore and I had moved side ways, far from where I had began. When suddenly I felt the most enormous vacuum of water pulling me out farther and farther! I knew I was in a rip tide and that they were very dangerous. I was extremely physically exhausted because of all the hours spent wrestling with the waves, crying, and staying in cold water. I instantly knew in my heart that I was face to face with death! I dug my toes deep into the sand as the massive waves poured back out to sea pulling me with it. I realized that unless God intervened I was doomed to die. I now had my chance, I could choose to call upon God and choose life, or let go and let death take me out of this world.
I am hear today to tell you this true story because God Love's Gwyn! And I chose life. I did want to live and I did call on God. I felt something like a huge hand on my back. Every time the rip tide waters would force over my body as it washed through the trench back out to sea, the hand (as I call it) would hold me firm in place. The waters were rushing so fast and hard that I thought it would tear my clothing off me. It was the most powerful force I have ever physically encountered in all my life. As the water would rush out it would completely cover my head, I had no strength left, and I was shivering uncontrollably. I held me breath until the water would roll back in and I would take a few steps and dig my toes down in the sand and let the hand keep me safe from being completely swept out to sea. Little by little I was getting closer and closer to the beach. I finally reached a point where my head was above water but I could still feel the hand on my back. Finally I was safe! Just as I reached that point a jeep with life guards were jumping out into the surf with red life buoys. Too late. I was already safe. Every step I made took an enormous amount of energy! I thought I would never, ever make it all the way up to the truck. My legs were as weak and shaky as a newborn baby. A life guard was very angry at me for even being any where near that part of the beach. He said, don't you know that this is where the rip tide is and that 2 surfers had lost their lives in it last year? I assured them that I would not be doing any more swimming here for a while.
I began to drag my legs and feet towards my truck. The heavy feelings of depression and sadness were still washing over my mind and spirit. Even though I KNEW it had been GOD who saved me from death.
I slowly climbed back into my truck and took a deep sigh of relief. I caught my face in my side mirror. My skin had blue and purple blotches all over it. My lips were blue! I examined my arms and legs they were the same shades of blue and purples.
I began to cry again, Robert was sawing zzzzzzzzz's. He didn't even wake when I boarded the truck. I picked up my Bible and opened it. My eye's fell on this Word and I have never been the same since. Neither have I ever been troubled by the dark depressions. Nor have I ever questioned GOD's Love and forgivness for me.
1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze. 3 For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush [a] and Seba in your stead.
(instantly I could see Jesus hanging on the cross!)
4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
and people in exchange for your life.
(again I could see Jesus hanging on the cross!)

5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.
6 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'
and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.'
Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth-
7 everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made." 8 Lead out those who have eyes but are blind,
who have ears but are deaf.
(I knew right then that God was calling me to do his work and plan and purpose!)

9 All the nations gather together
and the peoples assemble.
Which of them foretold this
and proclaimed to us the former things?
Let them bring in their witnesses to prove they were right,
so that others may hear and say, "It is true."
10 "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD,
"and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.
11 I, even I, am the LORD,
and apart from me there is no savior.
12 I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—
I, and not some foreign god among you.
You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "that I am God. 13 Yes, and from ancient days I am he.
No one can deliver out of my hand.
When I act, who can reverse it?"
And then these Words jumped off the pages and I read...I am the LORD, your Holy One,
Israel's Creator, your King."

16 This is what the LORD says—
he who made a way through the sea,
a path through the mighty waters,
17 who drew out the chariots and horses,
the army and reinforcements together,
and they lay there, never to rise again,
extinguished, snuffed out like a wick:
18 "Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.
Oh how I felt the presence of The Lord God Almighty sweep over my body, soul and spirit! I knew that, I knew, that I knew he was speaking directly to me from his Holy Word. He filled me with hope that my lost, suffering, drug addicted Children would be saved. He filled me with a knowing that I was forgiven and that He dearly loved me unconditionally.
And that nothing had ever changed that.
I was his and he was mine all along. It was not God who moved away from me, it was I who moved away from God.
I am close to God and I am never going away from him again.
I went back there a couple of weeks after my experience and talked to a life guard, He told me that a rip tide is very much like a river within the floor of the ocean. It is a deep trench that water pours back into as it swiftly flows back out to sea. He said that I am lucky to be alive. I know I am blessed to be alive. Luck had nothing to do with it. God had everything to do with it.
My dear friend, listen to me, I am speaking Gods truth to you! He and he alone can heal you every where you hurt!!!!

Love in Christ your friend, Gwyn

Last edited by Gwynditmars; 06-02-2007 at 02:40 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 06-01-2007, 02:12 PM   #43  

Thank you for reading my posts. Do leave me note.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:13 AM   #44  

If you have not already do scroll up 2 posts and read my RIP TIDE! story.
It is a true story of how I almost drowned in a RIP TIDE OUT IN CALIFORINA. Well today is day six of my fast unto the Lord and it is going great! I feel wonderful! I keep checking my blood sugars and they are staying completely NORMAL!!!! Hoooooorayyyyyy!
I am trusting God that great and good and wonderful things are going to happen in and through this National Fast. it is a national thing! I love it! and I love you and Jesus loves you!

Last edited by Heather; 06-03-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:47 AM   #45  

My daughter Sheila took me to the hospital to get weighed yesterday!
I have lost a total of 65 pounds!!!!
Praise The Lord with me!
It is wonderful, the freedom that Christ had led me into!
I have said it before and I will say it again if you have a very little weight loss struggle or a huge on like me, check out http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/lords_table/
it is a free online biblical course and
WHO THE SON SET'S FREE Is FREE INDEED!
We are still very much with out a car and I cried because yesterday was the 3rd Sunday in a row that Robert and I have missed! I love going to Church and it hurts not being able to go. But God knows and He has a plan. We must trust Him and wait on Him!
Also if you have not already please check out the National Fast and Prayer for our Country! 40 days for 40 years Robert and I are doing it and all is going very well with it. I feel it is bringing us closer in our hearts to Jesus and to each other too. I am going back 46 years because I have lamented for years that I was born on January 1st 1962 the year they took prayer out of the public schools. In my heart I believe that was the BEGINNING OF THE REAL DOWN FALL OF THE U.S.A! It makes my eye's well up in tears every time I think of it. I think it made God cry too! I think Israel made Him cry when they rejected Him as there King and wanted Him to appoint a King of flesh over them. I think it is just like that! I feel we humans have made God cry enough! I can think of countless times in the Bible that I am sure God cried when He lamented over our rebellious and stubborn sinful hearts and attitudes. I know I have made Him shed many tears too! It is time for mankind to shed tears! Tears of heart felt true repentance ! And I have been and I know you are too as well as many others who are doing the Fasting and prayer for 40 days for 40 years. Except I am doing for 46 years! Starting from the day our government took prayer out of our schools!
Love In Christ Jesus Our Lord, Gwyn L. Ditmars

Last edited by Heather; 06-04-2007 at 08:04 AM.