Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 06:07 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Lilion - yes Dotti's is the site I was thinking of. I remember thinking when it all kicked off that it was a bit harsh. After all we all have freedom of speech, and if Wendie found that working the points like that helped her lose weight, what's the harm in sharing that news. It's not like she ever made money from it did she? Anyway I will be really interested to hear if it works for you. If it does I might just try it myself when I hit a plateau

Nancy - you are such a sweety, I think it's great that you are concerned about the woman in the B&B. At least if you work for her now it's not out of obligation, and you might enjoy it a bit more.

Yes Beth did enjoy her day off, she stayed in bed until lunch time and then we all went to the shops. I needed some low fat snacks and she wanted to look for a new jacket, she found one too.

on the 2 lbs weight loss

Charlene - I love your style, getting your daughter to let your hubby know all about that ring you just love I have to remember that the next time I want something

I am glad you are enjoying Ugly Betty, I am so hooked on it already, it really is a fantastic show isn't it. I even went to find some email backgrounds with the show as the design. I found ONE, lol.

Well I have a busy day tomorrow so I better actually have an early night. Take care all and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 02-08-2007, 08:02 PM   #107  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Hello Everyone,
Just a note to say I haven't dropped off the planet. We have all our sale reps in for a week long meeting at work, so I've been busy there and things at home are busy too.
I haven't been totally op all week. I just haven't been able to ignore the food they bring in for the sales reps. BUT, I have stayed out of the donuts, bagels etc. I've been getting more fluids so that's better. I've been worn out emotionally so I haven't been exercising either. Every morning I PLAN on getting up just a little earlier, but I always hit snooze several times. It'll pass, I'm sure.
I want to say congrats who are doing well, and hang in there to everyone else.
Katt~ I'm so sorry about your little lamb. My heart goes out to you.

Sharon~ Happy Birthday!

Old 02-08-2007, 09:24 PM   #108  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Just wanted to drop in and say hello!!

I will be working tonight, but i am not sure if i will be able to get online.

I miss you guys and will have to say that today is day 8 of meds and exercise!

Happy Birthday to those who need it and *HUGS* to KATT!
Old 02-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #109  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi ladies
Just wanted to drop by and say hi. Katt: im sorry about your lamb, Sharon: happy birthday!
today was weigh in day for me and i am happy to report i lost 3 lbs this week that makes my total since "recommitting" and being so much more aware of my food/excersise, 20lbs! I restarted this Jan 4th, and i know i wont have this good of sucess every month, i am so happy and feel so much better! my team is still in 4th, hopefully we will get lower next week.
Hope everyone has a great evening, and thanks for all the support you all give
Old 02-08-2007, 10:53 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Middlesister: Congrats on -2 Excellent job!

Val: Good luck on the job interview. Mine got cancelled. lol. (see explanation below)

Lilion: Good luck on your Wendie diet. I'm not very familiar with it but it seems like it is still ww to me.

Ammi: I think I confused you. lol. I have 3 sisters and one of them lives in Montana. I will see her as a reward when I get to my 10% weight losss. One lives in Sacramento CA and is a professor there. One lives in Cypress CA which is about 10 minutes from Disneyland. She is coming here to visit me. I'm not going to here house. I am really excited. Before my mom passed away in 1999 we used to be two peas in a pod and then I started seeing the way that people were bossing me around and I was letting them. She was one of them. I slowly changed my ways and wouldn't just jump when my family told me to and we fell apart for quite a while. So, slowly we have phoned and emailed and forgiven each other and now she is coming to visit me. She is 8 years older than I am and I am so excited to have her come for a visit. Have a good day tomorrow.

Nancy: That is good advice about pretending I am just going to meet someone. I think I will take you up on it. Honestly the main thing that gets to me is I get sooooo nervous if I will fit in their stupid chairs or not. Congrats on the -2 more pounds. I think you are so sweet to consider helping that lady when you don't have to.

Candlemaker: congrats on -38.3 You are doing well.

Kymberly: Congrats on the -3. You are doing amazing! I hope your team wins!

Well, I was getting ready for my interview today and they called and cancelled it. The girl told me that the human resources manager forgot that she had a class to teach today so she had to cancel my interview and one other one that was scheduled for today. She said that the HR manager has two inteviews tomorrow and if they don't go well then they will call me and make another appointment for an interview. I said to her, "oh so the only way I can get an interview with you is to if you don't hire one of your Friday interviews. She answered yes. I think that is awful business to not interview all four of us but what can I do. I'm not upset. I was mad at the way they were handling it but not sad or anything. My Sweetie pie told me well, at least you know you don't want to work for them. lol. I almost didn't exercise today. It is 7:51 and I still need to ride my bike. I just feel icky. I am trying to have TOM. That certainly would help me in the reason I gained 5 pounds last Saturday. I feel bloated and icky. I ate speghetti for dinner which I wasn't planning on doing. I had about a cup of noodles and a cup of meat sauce. I think. I am usually great about weighing and measuring my food but not this night for dinner. I also ate some bread and salad. Okay. I spilled my guts about my bad meal and now, back on the wagon for tomorrow. LOL. I haven't been usuing my extra flex points so I will claim some for this dinner.

Hope you are all blessed and having a good night. I can't wait Survivor starts tonight! lol.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 02-09-2007, 03:20 AM   #111  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Hey girls -- I rented the Biggest Loser DVD from the Library tonight. Has anyone done it?

How is the weather for everyone?
Old 02-09-2007, 06:44 AM   #112  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Hiya Ladies - first of all thank you for all the lovely comments about my wedding pics, that was so lovely and made me feel very happy, I was soo sooo worried about my size that day, but did manage to let my worries go as i was so happy! Oh and Nancy, my hubby is 6 foot 7!!!! Everyone asks the same thing when they see the pics, they know I;m not short which makes Rich a giant! He is really, but I don't really notice any more. I love him being tall, always feel very protected!!

Also, I went swimming again last night and did 25 again! Also got my new scales today and my weight is 300 so hopefully should be in the 200s soon which will be fabby! Did plan on going to the gym today, but not sure because feel a bit poorly, ds has been ill with tummy bug and feel a bit crook!!

NightKatt, rip for your dear pet, so sad, I lost my dog this xmas and I miss her soo much. Its hard isn't it.

Futurediva, omg your weight loss is fantastic isn't it? Well done you!

Sharon, hope u had a lovely birthday hun and really enjoyed the day x

Sandy, hope u feel brighter soon and well done on ignoring all those goodies from the reps, must be very tough esp if u feel a little low.

Annie sorry about the way they handled the interview - idiots!! Glad u haven't let it get u down, the right job will turn up for u I am sure, you have a lot to give x

Everyone else - keep up the good work guys hope u have a great weekend

Last edited by emilymay; 02-09-2007 at 06:46 AM. Reason: add to
Old 02-09-2007, 07:15 AM   #113  
Charlene

Ammi, I really hope they continue showing Ugly Betty where you are because each week it leaves me wanting more.

Kymberly, on the weight loss. You go girl!

Annie, that is so nice that you and your sister are going to have a visit. You have a very wise husband. If someone treats you that way before you even work for them then I wouldn't want to work for them either. I hope you get to feeling better.

Emily, your husband is 6'7", wow! on swimming and doing so many laps. That's great!

I am having my coffee and thinking about what I need to do today.
Tonight 10 of us ladies from church are going out to eat. I love when we get together like this, we have so much fun! I pulled up the menu on the internet for where we are going and I think I am going to have the salad with mesquite chicken. That sounds good and safe!

I hope everyone has a fantastic friday!
Old 02-09-2007, 09:30 AM   #114  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Just a really really quik post to say I'm alive--I skipped my TOPS meeting last night because of abdominal pains. They were sharp and brief, so it was just gas pains, but then I came home and ate Subway (as is our normal Thursday dinner), and I don't know if it was really something more than gas pains or if my Subway chicken was bad or what, but I was sick about 3-4 times this morning when I got up I'm working from home for the rest of the day (was only in the office for about an hour and a half this morning, feeling like a zombie), so hopefully it's either mostly out of my system from the purging this morning or is at least just a quick 24-hour bug (one of the other guys at work said he was sick ot his stomach yesterday as well).

So anyway, I didn't weigh in at TOPS, so I'll have to try extra hard to stay on track having missed a weekly meeting. Not that I think I'll be eating much today
Old 02-09-2007, 10:02 AM   #115  

Looking for hope i bought it but have not done it because of a bad knee but i should be able to do it soon .. it looks like a good video!
Old 02-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #116  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Charlene – What a great way to make sure your DH gets you the right thing for Valentine’s day! I hope you are good at acting surprised.

Ammi - Everyone keeps saying how great Ugly Betty is. I have been thinking about checking it out, but right now I feel like I am already watching too much TV as it is. Sometimes it feels so tiring having to remember when everything is on and plan things. Now if I had a tivo, it wouldn’t be such an issue, but I haven’t wanted to spend the money.

Candlemaker – Congratulations on being down 38 pounds! That is great! I definitely think exercise is a major key for me, even if it is just that I am less likely to overeat because I feel better in my body and don’t want to negate what I have done.

Sandy – I totally know what you mean about having high calorie foods around for sales meetings – we had that too here several weeks ago. The worst was a bag of mini chocolate bars. It can be so easy to say I will only have one, but it is so hard to stop with that. I also have a really hard time getting up in the morning to exercise. It is definitely easier in the summer when it is light out earlier.

Erika – It is so great to hear you are doing so well and keeping up with everything. How is the weather? It’s COLD!!! The temperatures are in the teens in the mornings, but when you add wind chills they are in the single digits, if not negative.

Kymberly – Congratulations on losing 3 pounds this week. That is fantastic!

Annie – Your dinner doesn’t sound too bad. I definitely wouldn’t stress about it at all. That is pretty obnoxious that the company cancelled your interview and didn’t want to reschedule. Your husband is right – if that is how they are then you don’t need them.

EmilyMay – I am sorry to hear you and your DS aren’t feeling so great. 6’ 7” is really tall! He certainly must understand the issues of living in a world built for a certain size people.

Jill – Sorry to hear that you aren’t feeling well. You probably did have the beginning of some sort of bug since you were already feeling bad. Hopefully it is only 24 hours and doesn’t creep into your weekend.

Patti – Your knee is still hurting? Have you gone to see the doctor yet?

I am actually on my own this weekend as my BF is heading down to Maryland to visit his parents and see a friend. I have decided to go to work at the B&B tomorrow to finish things up. I just don’t want to leave the woman hanging like that. Then I am actually looking at an apartment at 2:00pm, which is right near my office. I don’t think I am quite ready to make the move out leap, but I think I will be soon, and it never hurts to look. The counselor, whom I saw last night, thinks I am pretty much done with the relationship, but he wants me to make sure I come to the decision fully and not just because I am running away from something. I am really glad we decided to go see him. It has been really helpful and I think whatever happens it will make the whole thing go more smoothly.

I got the sweetest email from my brother this morning. I hadn’t told him about my troubles with Andrew because it is so hard sometimes to start a story from the middle. He was so supportive and understanding. I was so moved. He also invited me to come to Maui for a “working vacation” because he is having trouble setting up his books for his new business. How cool would that be! The only problem is that I am REALLY nervous to fly alone, especially all that way. It is one thing right now to fly with my BF and we can put the arm rest up, but I don’t know if I could squeeze myself into a seat for that long without doing some kind of damage. Oh well. I will just have to think about it for a bit.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:50 AM   #117  

i did my knee exercise video today.. its very non impact but i did it even considering my bad mood..my scales just wont go down... they were up 2 makes me sooo mad1
Old 02-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #118  

Hey everyone-

Just still getting settled in. I have got tons of stuff to get done! Ok let me attempt to catch up on some personals.

HEATHER~Happy belated birthday!

KATT~I am so sorry hun to hear about your lamb.

XENA~WTG on losing 11.2 pounds! That is awesome!

BRENDA~Great pics you posted! Your sister and neice are so pretty!

ANNIE~Thanks! We will for sure have to get together! I really like to area so far. I can't wait for summer!

MIDDLESISTER~WTG on your loss!

SHARON~Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a good day!

VALERIE~WTG on being 7 days OP! If you did the interview I hope it all went well!

PATTI~How is your leg? I hope you are doing better!

LILION~I have never heard of the Wendie plan. Also hang in there hun you will hit that 100 pound mark in not time!

AMMI~Thanks...I think I will really like it here. And yes Annie lives so close! Its cool! Also I get the watch the free epidsodes of Ugly Better and heroes now online! Like I said before I never realized Alaska was out of the USA!

NANCY~Thanks the move has gone well. That B&B thing sounds tough. I hope you get it all figured out soon. And WTG on losing two pounds! Thats great!

CANDLEMAKER~Sounds like a good plan! I see more losses also when I exercise with eating right. Congrats on your losses!

SANDY~Hang in there hun! Maybe things will slow down soon. And WTG on resisting those treats. Its hard for me to turn away doughnuts!

LOOKINGforhope~Congrats on being on Day 8! Sounds like you are doing really well!

KYMBERLY~You have been doing so well hun! Congrats on the 3 pounds lost!

ANNIE~Sorry they cancelled the interview. That happened to me two years ago. I was on the way to the place and she was like oh the position was filled so please don't come in. They were so rude! Its so annoying when things happen like that! Like your husband said you proably wouldn't want to work for people like that anyways!

EMILY~Your wedding pics were so pretty! You looked great! Congrats on being OP and doing 25 at the pool!

CHARLENE~Have fun going out to eat with your friends! That is great they have healthy things to eat on the menu!

JILL~Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. Hope you get better soon!

NANCY~That is nice of you to help the lady at the B&B out. Also good luck with looking for an apartment! I think it would be great if you could go see your brother. And I totally understand about flying alone. I always fly with my husband and I have to lift up the arm rest. But I wanted to say if you could watch and try to get on a not so full flight you could talk to the flight attendants about moving to a not full row. I know on Alaska Airlines they really are helpful and don't mind if you move. Just a suggestion.

OK well I hope everyone else is doing well. Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 02-09-2007, 12:27 PM   #119  

mechelle yes my knee is getting better day by day.. hope you are enjoying spokane!
Old 02-09-2007, 12:29 PM   #120  

Annie sorry about the job but your hubby was right you wouldnt want to work for people like that! great job on the exercisng by the way!
Closed Thread