Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 09:10 PM   #106  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Post Have a wonderful weekend ...

Hi Everybody:

Firstly Terri, really sorry about Bear; we have two little buddies that we adore. I'm with Lilion, sending prayers for the both of you. Patti, I'm leaving the weighing thing to my doc cuz in the past, I would obsess. Now, I don't anymore.

Had a busy week. Did my taxes earlier today; had put it off five days, then was surprised when I discovered they improved the forms this year. Have been OP better at the end of this week. Had lots of snow and blowing winds today; so just stayed in.

Just a girl and Lilion ... I know that I am fortunate that DH is so supportive; but he does like goodies too. He now stashes them in the den, so I won't be tempted; he used to walk around with a huge bag of chippies and who can resist a few of those? So, now we have this arrangement; kind of a game; he hides all his goodies, esp the chocolate-covered cookies. I know this might not work for everyone.

Lilion, I have two regular-weight friends who have hubbies 350+ lbs; isn't that interesting? This may be more common than we think. One is hard on her spouse, and one is mostly concerned about his health from what I hear.

I do have treats on occasion; a dessert of choice once a week (usually on Sunday); like pumpkin pie or apple crisp; and a treat of choice on Friday or Saturday (ie, light popcorn). I slip up like everyone; but this time, I am learning to keep going no matter what. I make bran muffins with raisins and apples for a snack to vary from the fruit; sometimes, I even have cereal.

I'm afraid I have to limit myself more on Cheese or Pepper-Jack Nachos; as those are my most favorite, so I have them once a month. This way, I get to have them, but not so often that it totally ruins my plan. A doctor told me that hint when I was in my late teens; back then, he limited me to a small fry & gravy once/per/month (my favorite back then).

I think the wintertime is hard on all of us; the weather limits us so much. I bet if we just try our best, that it will all level out come spring & summer. My main plan idea came from a professor/researcher from NYU (sorry ... I can't recall his name now). He said his research showed that a balanced eating style would eventually lead to a healthy weight (that could be maintained).

So, that's my plan in nutshell; so far I'm hanging in there; but I have days that I struggle, like everyone else. I'm going for the long-term this time. I admire that Wyllenn is stablizing at a comfortable place right now. That's my someday-goal as well.

Well, hope all you ladies have a really nice and OP weekend; but hey, don't forget to enjoy yourselves too, like Torister/Sid Ceasar's motto says ... "In between goals is a thing called life, that has to be lived and enjoyed." I love that! See you next week ... Rosebud.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:51 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Thank you so much for all the kind words. DH and I are better today. More resolved and determined to give him the happiest days that we can. I reminded DH that Bear has one goal and that is to be with us and love us so that is what he's going to get as long as possible. We've also discussed about adding to our "family" again and we are pretty certain we'll go with rotties again. And it was heart-warming to look out my bedroom window and watch Spanky playing with Spice - a reminder that loving animals is a blessing!

We stopped after church and had lunch at Ruby Tuesday. I had a turkey burger. Pretty good. I told DH that I want him to learn how to make those this spring and summer. We might actually be able to get to the grill in a couple of days!

You know, as much as we were bellyaching here about the weather, it is supposed to be in the 50's and 60's this next week. And I was about ready th throw myself off a building because of the snow on Wednesday. Just when we can't take it anymore, the midwest weather does a u-turn. Today our snow is melting and it is very very wet outside. Don't stone me, but I even have a bedroom open a little bit just to get a cool breath of fresh air!

I'm laying on the bed now righting reviews. I have seven done and three to go. I thought I had nine but realized that I have TEN to write. I'm taking a quick break. I'm also watching Lost on DVD trying to get caught up on season two so that I can watch season three online.

I think my next break will be to do a bit of ironing.

I did finally finish my taxes yesterday. Two refunds and one to mail with zero taxes. I'll probably procrastinate that until April.

Rosebud - I like your plan. And I love that motto. Sometimes its hard to remember that life is to be enjoyed when there are the difficult days. Keep up the good work!

Happy Sunday to all!

P.S. I'll start a new thread in the morning.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:46 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Stop! Do not post here! Join us on the next volume thread!
Closed Thread