Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:24 PM   #61  

Patti I've had those muffins and they are delish! In fact, if you go to the WW threads on this site there are a lot of good recipes.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:47 AM   #62  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilion View Post
...isn't it warm year-round where you are?

Uuhhh...Hardly... Maybe in Southern Cali. We do get snow up in the hills, sometimes they even have to close the roads. It's about a 20 minute drive away from me. Mostly we get the rain, mud, hail, and LOTS of wind. I'd rather have the snow! It got down to about 20 degrees the last few weeks. A bit to nippy for gardening I think. But, I know what you're talking about, just never seen it.

Have a good night everyone!
Old 02-09-2007, 08:03 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies,

Its Friday! And I decided to not get up and exercise this morning. Give the bod a rest. Plus I am exhausted from the week. Yesterday was a bad food day. But today is another day. I have a church thing this weekend. Its a Chocolate Boutique for the ladies. It starts tonight and finishes tomorrow at 1:00. The theme is chocoloate so there will be a fountain and food everywhere. But its a type of retreat. I'm looking forward to it. Well, except for all the food. I'm even staying up in the city so that I don't have to drive home late and then have to be up early.

I'll check in tomorrow. Hopefully I won't be quite so brain dead as I am this morning.

Happy Friday!
Old 02-09-2007, 01:37 PM   #64  
I'm on my way!

Hey...

Can I sneak back in here?
Old 02-09-2007, 01:55 PM   #65  

No Michelle, you can't come in.

JOKING! How've you been doing? We're glad to see you back!

Terri: At least there will be lots of fruit for dipping in chocolate! That's healthy!

Karen: Apparently I need to work on my geography, huh? I've never really known where silicon valley is.

Got to run...just wanted to pop in and say HI
Old 02-09-2007, 05:45 PM   #66  
Patti

S/C/G: 342/299/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilion View Post
Patti I've had those muffins and they are delish! In fact, if you go to the WW threads on this site there are a lot of good recipes.
That is a good idea! Thanks!

PAtti
Old 02-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #67  

Hey chicks,

The "Chocolate Boutique" tonight was wonderful. Food, fellowship, and great spiritual renewal. Someone made those brownie bites with the pumpkin mix. She made them in small bites and were great dipped in the chocolate. I am going to have to make them for home. I did try to eat more fruits than other items. Someone even brought cheetos to dip - tried it and it was odd. Only did one though.

I'm at the Courtyard by Marriott for the evening. I'm loving my retreat away from home BY MYSELF. Since I don't have to be there until 9 am, I will try to sleep in a little bit tomorrow. I'm going to read now for awhile.

to all!
Old 02-11-2007, 09:29 AM   #68  

Hey,

Where is everybody? Its Sunday morning and the sun is shining! We're supposed to get a winter storm today and tomorrow and I really hope it misses us. All storms this winter have hit the south (which is us) so its time for the north side to take the brunt of the storm.

The Chocolate Boutique finished up yesterday afternoon. It was really good and it was nice to get to know more of the ladies in the church. I don't really do well in situations where I don't know people so this was good for me to do. I came home and took a two hour nap. I must have needed to rest. And I didn't have any trouble going to sleep last night.

I did have to convince myself to do some exercise yesterday. Got in 50 minutes on the stationary bike.

I have to be productive today. I have a small mess to clean up. On Thursday morning, I noticed that the carpet in the master bedroom closet was wet over by where the hot water tank is. Never a good sign. On Friday, they came out and installed a new tank even though it had a slow drip from one of the lines. Only cost us $55 thanks to the home warranty. But they tracked in mud and dirt. I'll be doing some carpet shampooing today.

I think todays exercise will be yoga, pilates, and a push.tv workout. Easy on the joints.

I need to do bill work and I have to get my butt in gear on writing reviews for people at work. Plus we have people coming in from Chicago tomorrow so I have to get some exhibits ready for them. Crap, won't be having a two hour nap today.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and having a GREAT OP one too!

to all.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:11 PM   #69  
Patti

Ok - I just wanted to add that I glanced through the recipe sticky and I already made the pumpkin mousse! Yum! And I bought the ingredients for the potato soup. Can't wait to try that!

I walked around the block yesterday and today -- thats it for exercise, but it's more than I was doing --- nothing!

Keep it going!

Patti
Old 02-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #70  

Talking

Good Evening Ladies!

I know I've been very "missing" lately. I've just been swamped. Today, though, was a good day! I had a 20% off coupon to JC Penny and between that, the clearance sale that the coupon was for, the 10% more off I got for getting a Penny's card (that I'll never use) and the $15 I still had left on a gift card, I got two pairs of pants, a skirt, a sweater, a shirt and a shirt and pants for DS and only paid $24! Better yet - the pants and skirt are misses size 18! I didn't have to buy from Women's World! I feel great!

I did 30 minutes on the Infernal Machine today. Not quite as heavy of a workout as yesterday, but still good. I stopped by MC Sports and found out they have their home gyms on sale. DH and I are considering buying a bowflex. We actually found a different gym we liked more with the weight stacks, but it's so big it would take up the entire room! So I'm doing a bit of on-line research to see if the Bowflex is right for us!

Patti - have you gone here? http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3 Lots of WW recipes!

Terri - I'm glad you had a good time! It sounds like it was delicious! And staying at the hotel sounds nice. Hope the carpet cleaning went ok!

Michele? Did I scare you off????

Thats it for me! Big and for all!
Old 02-11-2007, 11:32 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Lilion -- Great prices AND great sizes! It really helps to have these NSVs when the scale is kinda stuck, huh?
Old 02-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #72  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

I'm sorry if I have to be brief (seems I'm always saying that these days) but I have a lesson in 20 minutes.

Terri, since you're horsey I wanted to tell you about this weekend. A friend asked if I wanted to go down to Ohio State in Columbus for some horse-blah-blah-blah thing. I said yes after "horse" so I had no idea what was going on. We took his kids and my Stephanie and met the rest of his kids' 4H club down there. In the morning there was a seminar on judging Hunter Under Saddle, Western Pleasure, and conformation classes. It was aimed at the kids, but was still very informative. In the afternoon there were lots of different stations set up for the kids to walk around to, playing games identifying horseshoes, bits, weeds, etc. There were stations set up to teach them how to wrap legs (including actually getting to practice), teaching genetics, how different bits work, and bunches of less common horse equipment for them to guess and then learn the uses of. It was really well done, and the kids had a blast. Me too!
Then yesterday I shipped Steega, the old QH, over to his barn where there's an indoor arena and all the kids rode and practiced together for the show next weekend. Considering we're in the middle of a cold ugly winter, it was a wonderful horsey weekend! I'm thrilled that the kids are already gearing up for next summer - I know they're a pretty sincere bunch. Most kids wait until May or at least April before they start ringing the phone and getting excited about show season. The girl with the mustang rode walk-trot last year, but she wants to jump this year so bad she can taste it. She's already working hard.

The only down side to the weekend was discovering last night that Cody had managed to puncture a spot on his right forearm. He must have done it right before I found him, and I doused it a couple of times with antiseptic, but it still concerns me. Hopefully it will be better tonight when I check it.

OK, that's more than enough blabbering about horses. Sorry, I'm just excited. Gotta run.

OH - My boss at work said that I've inspired her and she's been OP for 2 days! Cool!
Old 02-12-2007, 06:54 PM   #73  
Patti

Lilian, thanks for the recipe link - no - I hadn't noticed it yet! I'll peruse then later.

I am so happy - I got up this morning and used the Walk away the Lbs DVD for 13 minutes this morning! It was the first time, and I felt energized all day. Please - I want to do this again several times this week! I want to lose this weight! I want to stay motivated! I am tired of being so heavy! So tonight I ordered two more different Leslie Sasone dvd's. I had some birthday money I intended on using for something productive!

I've been OP! I exercised! I made the bed and the dishes are done! I was busy at work and I didn't sit on my behind all day! Yipee!

Old 02-12-2007, 09:56 PM   #74  

Hi ladies,

Its been a long day. It started out with 45 minutes on the stationary bike and then my back decided that it really didn't like doing that. I don't think it was the exercise so much as probably sleeping or moving wrong and being tense about the day. Hurt like crap every time I got up to walk. It better now but sheesh, I hate it when it does that. I had three people in from Chicago today to deal with. And I really should have been at work sooner than I was because one of them had waited on me for almost an hour. Heck, I didn't expect him so early.

Tonight, we took two of them out to dinner. This is the same woman that has been causing havoc with us about the takeover of our payroll department. It helped to finally meet her in person and she can see that we're not idiots and we can see that she isn't necesarily a on wheels! It was a nice dinner out. I did have a pasta dish but I ate only a portion of it and didn't bring home the left overs. No dessert either. I really wanted to drink the chocolate raspberry martini the waittress offered but didn't do that either. That put me getting home at almost 8:30 - again. Boo!

I had the scare of my life tonight. Driving home was not fun because we're getting rain and driving home in the country in the dark in the rain - well, it was really DARK. All of a sudden I realize there is something on the road and it was a SKUNK. OH Fortunately, I was able to go over it and it didn't run into my tires and me smash it. I would have had to burn the Escape if I'd hit it. EWWWW! Then a big raccoon ran out in front me on the road close to home. Coons I can handle; no skunks though.

Valerie - I'm jealous of your horsey weekend. It sounds like a blast. I would have loved being one of the kids! Our horsies are practically swimming in the pasture with the rain today. At least they have the loafing shed. I hope Cody heals quickly. Good job of inspiring your boss! Sounds like you're doing well with this job. I'm thrilled for you.

Patti - Great job on getting that WATP done. Those are great workouts - more so than you'd think. Keep it up, you're doing great.

Lilion - on both your bargains and the smaller sizes. I bet its the IM that's helping you and that is fantastic. I am so proud of you for hanging in there to where you're doing 30 minutes now. Remember how hard 10 minutes was and that really wasn't that long ago. Bowflex, wow! I'd love to have one of those but I'd have to build a room on to have one.

Michele - Where'd you go? Of course you can jumb back in here. Its been a while. How's life in NC?

Its about time for bed so I am going to watch a National Geographic show with DH.

to all!
Old 02-12-2007, 11:11 PM   #75  

Talking

Good Very Late Evening Ladies!

I thought I'd try posting now and maybe I'll actually work at work tomorrow instead of being on the internet! If I go to work that is. I've been told they are forcasting blizzard-like conditions tonight after midnight. We'll see.

Heather - Yup - those NSV's are what keep me going and I firmly believe I owe it all to the Infernal Machine! Tonight I was playing around and put on a cocktail dress that's not been worn since New Year's Eve 1988 or so! I can't believe it fit over my hips! Of course, it LOOKS like it's from the 80's (Where'd I put that disco-ball?) and I'll probably never wear it again...but still!

Valerie - Sounds like you had a great horsey weekend! I'm glad you had such a good time!

Patti - I am quite sure I've mentioned how much I HATE mornings - almost as much as I HATE exercise - but isn't that buzz that starts off your day GREAT! Keep it up!

Terri - Eeeek! A SKUNK! EEEWww! I always wonder when I smell that running down the road how anyone ever gets rid of the smell off their cars! (I suppose I should feel bad about the squished little animal. ) I'm glad you don't have to try! I grew up in the boonies - literally 5 miles from the nearest town and it only had 300 people total...where my house used to be is now Dept. of Conservation wildlife area. I know how creepy it is driving home in the dark. You take care on these rainy/snowy nights! You did very well at dinner - Good for you! Actually, DH and I will be doing a LOT of reorganization to fit that bowflex into our house!

Well, I'm off! Got to get to bed so I can climb out and hit the nasty IM in the wee hours of the morning!
Closed Thread