Old 01-02-2007, 03:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 360/360/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Hello everyone - again!

Hi!
My name is Heather. I thought I would introduce myself.
I used to be a member here on these boards, but it was quite a while ago.

Alot of things have changed in my life, and I am starting over...and I found that I missed this place, so I am back!

I used to be HeatherUSNWife here...well, I am no longer a USN Wife. My hubby told me a few months ago "I still love you, but I am not in love with you anymore"...which was followed by alot of "lets get help, and see if we can fix this" which ended up being "the Navy sent me to Florida for a month to do some work, and I decided to bring my girlfriend along, and when I return, she is coming with me and you and the kids better be moved out of the house"....fun times were had by all! *rolls eyes*

So, I havent seen my husband or talked to him since Sept. 29th. I dont even know where he is living. I guess this means I am single again!

But, on the positive side...since moving back home to Wisconsin (me and the kids and the pets are living with my mom and brother)...I have been losing weight. Well, I havent had a chance to weigh myself, however, I can see my face is thinner and my clothes are getting looser.

I put my starting weight at 360, which is what it was the last time I did check it, which was around Sept 1, 2006. Tomorrow I will go to my grandmothers and do a weigh-in...so if I have lost anything, at least my slider will show progress LOL

I have a first "mini" goal of 299....I just want to see that big THREE go away From there, I will keep working at it. I dont know yet exactly what my finaly goal will be...but I think its going to be easier for me to do little goals anyway...thinking about a 200+ pound goal just makes me feel like there is no hope...and I know there is.

So, hello again all those I knew, and hello to the new people, and I look forward to being back on the boards!!

Have a GREAT day everyone!!
Heather
AengusIWMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Heather, I'm SO SORRY about the heartless way hubby treated you! BUT I'm glad you're back and WTG on losing weight during this difficult time. Come and join everyone on the numbered threads, I KNOW you will get the support and love you need to get to your goal! You have been missed!
I know from experience how awful divorce can be, though for me it was a relief after the physical & mental abuse I recieved from him. You can now plan the rest of your life & your kids' lives too, without having to worry about him, though I hope he stays in contact with them. Good luck & BIG HUGSxxxxx
xxsharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back, Heather!! I'm Heather too!

Sounds like you've been through a lot lately. I think you're smart to set smaller goals for yourself! One of our posters who started weighing close to 600 pounds has said that she couldn't think of losing 100 pounds, but she could lose 1 pound 100 times!

If you're interested in adding exercise to your plan, check out our exercise thread stickied at the top of the page. We set goals for minutes of exercise per month, and then report our own exercise. We also track group minutes, which is fun. Last year we exercised almost 200,000 minutes!!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:48 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Heather:

BIG [[[hugs]]] to you!!! OMG, what a terrible time you've had. And what a cad your husband is/was. I just don't get how people can treat others like that but I guess it happens alot more often than I'd like to think.

Welcome back to the boards! You're welcome to just jump back in we're happy to help you pick up the pieces and move on.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:10 PM   #5  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Heather - Welcome back! It sounds like you have had a horribly tough year. The fact that you seem to have some humor left after everything you have been through says that you are one really strong woman!
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:27 PM   #6  

Heather Welcome Back!

I totally understand what you've been through. My first husband gave me the "I love you, I'm just not IN love with you" speech too. What a crock.
Pretty way of saying "I'm a big and don't want to grow up and be a man."

Bravo for thinking about your health and returning to the boards. I see the slider is at 10 lbs down - good for you! I look forward to us getting reacquainted!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 360/360/150

Height: 5'9"

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back. I appreciate it so much
Heather
AengusIWMommy is offline   Reply With Quote