A Very
Merry
Christmas
to all my
Wonderful Hens!
Old 12-25-2006, 12:55 PM   #17  
BELIEVE!

MERRY CHRISTMAS CHICKS!
We are enjoying a wonderful first Christmas with our son!!! I hope you are all having a special day!

It's been a life-changing year and I miss all of you! I plan on being around more in the future!

Love to all!
Old 12-25-2006, 09:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Merry Christmas!

I hope that everyone has had a blessed and wonderful day. Hallelujah, its over! The kids just left. They sure don't hang around long. MIL and BIL showed up at 4 pm and I didn't get my 20 minutes of rest that I wanted. the rest showed up at 5 pm and after. We had a simple meal and since we bought most of it prepared, it was pretty darn easy. The grandsons loved their toys and it was fun to finally get to see them open Christmas gifts. This was our first time to get to be with them at Christmas.

I even did exercise today. Did a 45 min Push.tv workout and then cleaned house - mainly vacuuming and shampooing carpets. I had to do that because Bear had a few places where he had gotten off his designated beds. Needed done anyway and I count it as exercise.

I've cleaned up the kitchen and already gotten rid of all the leftovers. Only some ham and broccoli salad left. There was no sentimental value to any of it.

My only complaint now is that football is on yet again. Time to get prone in the recliner and under the quilt.

Goodnight to all!
Old 12-26-2006, 08:32 PM   #19  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Merry Christmas a bit late!

We had a nice day here in Ohio. Went to my aunt and uncle's for dinner and met my cousin's new boyfriend for the first time; back here at my other aunt and uncle's house, visited with other cousins and their kids. My cousin who's a senate staffer brought a wireless hub with him, so we're wired for the rest of our visit, hallelujah. Tomorrow we have a family gathering here. Took care of some tax forms for my mother today, and we're baking cookies tonight for tomorrow's event.

There's lots more to say, but I'll post on all that later on.

Hope everyone's happy campers.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:16 AM   #20  

Good morning ladies!

Back to work and back to work on being OP! I liked having the four day weekend from work. The office will be pretty empty this week but as always, I'll be there because its the beginning of our financial year end close. In my next career, it won't be financial.

I slept through exercise time this morning because I sat the clock for AM last night instead of PM. Woke up thinking I had heard Bear barking and realized that it was 6:30. GRRR. However, I did make myself do 10 minutes on the stationary bike. I'll have to make up for it tonight. I am happy to report that I exercised every day of the holiday break. The last two night, I gave the knees a break from the bike and did outdoor walking. I haven't been on the scale and won't until 1/1.

This week's chore will be picking up all the Christmas decor and having it packed away before 1/1.

Time to get back into the work groove. So to everyone!
Old 12-27-2006, 10:01 AM   #21  

Talking

Good Morning Ladies!

I trust everyone had a happy holiday? Mine was splendid but today I'm back to work. I wanted SO BAD to stay home another day (or three).

Angela: Belated greetings to you too! Glad to hear you had a good holiday and I'm looking forward to you telling lots more!

Terri: You go with the exercise! Look at you...every day over the holiday! I'm impressed. I skipped Xmas eve and Xmas day - but I did do 10 on the I.M. yesterday.

I actually intended to be back "officially" on track yesterday, journal, drink water, eat right and exercise. I intended to do one of my yoga dvd's. You all know what road is paved with good intentions, right? I ate poorly and never got to the yoga. BUT - today is a new day and Wednesday starts a new "diet-week". Not looking forward to WI, but I'll do it. At least all the candy in the house is now gone. AND I got up this morning and did - not 10 - but 15 minutes on the Infernal Machine! Feeling quite good about that! And I brought a healthy snack and lunch to work and will, hopefully, get to the yoga today...even if it's right before bed...I figure yoga is relaxing so that should be okay. We'll see.

Have a happy, healthy, post-holiday day ladies!
Old 12-27-2006, 01:42 PM   #22  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning Chickies!

Hope everyone survived...if not a bit smaller at least SANE!

I had a quiet holiday with all my family back east, I was with a friend and we just watched movies and had a nice dinner. It was kind of funny because when she hears about what I eat, she always wonders how I can do it. Well, I made dinner for her and she was really surprised by what I could eat and how good it was! I'm sure she had visions of cardboard in her head.

Any way, I have been a bit of a coward about getting on the scale lately (I don't think I've looked since the 15th) as the last couple weeks that I was looking I seemed to be stuck between 235 and 238, just going up and down. So I got on today thinking I was probably up and was down to 232! Pheeewwww....so i'll say that's a loss of 3 pounds from my last recorded weight of 235.

Oh yeah, and I actually got up enough gumption to go out on a date. I won't even try to think how long it's been! We'll be seeing each other again on Thursday to see a movie so this should be interesting. It takes me a long time to get comfortable with new people, so to say i'm nervous is an understatement! I don't know why, really, he seems to be a nice guy and has expressed great interest, but still...

This morning, I woke up to half the house without power and the other half fine...what's up with that??? Ok, so went to check the fuse box and it's painted shut...time to go bug the landlord.

Terri, you make me glad, I decided agains accounting! And yeah, i'd count that housework as exercise too!

Lilion, Hope this helps!

Anglea, you sound absolutely SWAMPED in family! Have fun!

Pj, and welcome back!

to Barb x 2, Thin, and Ruth!

Have a good day everybody.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:24 PM   #23  

Talking

OMG! I just thought of something!

I made it a goal to get up in the morning and get on the IM at least 10 of 14 days ... and ... I DID IT!

That's right! Lilion has actually MET an exercise goal!

Even more shocking - I plan on CONTINUING to get up in the morning and UP the minutes!

Seriously ladies, you have NO IDEA how big this is! I HATE mornings almost as much as I hate exercise! Whatever has come over me?
Old 12-27-2006, 06:42 PM   #24  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi girls!

Just checking in briefly.

Honey and I have been working on the workout room. Yes, I said working on, not working OUT! As most of you know, we redid #1 Son's room at the beginning of Summer. Paint, etc. I had this "vision". Well, who knew the vision would be so much work! Anyway, we were putting up vines in the corners today. It was alot more work than I thought it would be.

We're having all of the neighbors in tomorrow night and I was hoping it would be done so I could show it off, but I'm thinking maybe not. It seems like I need a deadline these days to get anything done.

Christmas was nice. We had Christmas Eve prime rib dinner here with the boys and my mom. Stayed up late to finish wrapping gifts. Then in the morning, my mom and the boys came back for gifts and brunch. We went to Honey's folks for Christmas dinner, which was nice.

Everyone was there except my niece's husband, the one who had the motorcycle accident last year. He stayed home because he just had another surgery on his leg. I guess he'll have it amputated sometime in February.

Food was decent. Both Honey and I had a reasonable plate of food and then backed away from the table without having seconds. We counted it as a REAL achievement! When the dessert table was set out we split a piece of cheesecake and then had a couple of cookies and that was it. Another achievement in our eyes! Sure, it could have been better, but neither of us has gained anything during the holiday so we feel like we've done well.

Well, girls, I think I'll go see if I can finish those vines. See you all later.

Love ya bunches!!!
Old 12-27-2006, 09:26 PM   #25  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

We're in the midst of a family party so I shouldn't be writing. Hope everyone's feeling recovered. Talk to you all soon.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:39 PM   #26  

Hey chicks,

First I have to say to Lilion. Not only for doing that extra five minutes this morning and not only for making that goal of 10 out of 14 days - but for planning on keeping on with it.

I've spent some time out on ww.com to acquaint myself with the Core plan and the Core tracker. I finally made that list of foods that are on plan and printed them out for DH. I had signed up for the online service but conveniently forgot that I might need to work the plan. I've got the exercise going so I'm going to tackle the journalling and planning next.

I went to the GYN today for that checkup. Always a joy. This gal is the kookiest dresser for a doctor that I have ever seen. She had on some bubble skirt and teal colored tights. And she's older than me. However, she is one of the best in the city so I try not to scowl at her clothes. I used to go in October and she'd wear spider net hose. She was not happy since my last visit in August 2005 that I have gained 22 pounds. Guess what, I wasn't happy either. She also said that the antidepressant I'm on can add on a few pounds. Great.

Thin - Sounds like you had a very pleasant holiday weekend. Great job with the food. It can be done. That is very sad about the nephew's leg. That must be very hard for them to face.

Karen - Great job on seeing the scale go down. You're doing great. How fun about the date. Enjoy the movie and the company!

Angela - Enjoy your visit with all the family! I saw your posts over on the exercist thread. Good for you for getting those mintues done while you're gone.

Valerie - Okay, where are you? I know you're out there 'cuz I saw your post on the quiz thread. No hiding from us!

Ruth - Where'd you go?

Everyone else -No more lurking! Peeping tom's indeed!

I'm going to relax for a bit before going to bed. I am trying to get back in the mode of sleeping in the bed instead of in the living room with Bear. Soon he is going to want to move back into the bedroom with us. Tonight, he got up and come to greet me at the door and he came in to the kitchen with us at dinner.

Goodnight all!
Old 12-28-2006, 10:43 AM   #27  

Talking

Good Morning Ladies!

Not much to report today - so this is more of a fly-by! I got up and did my 15 minutes today! Now if only I'd get up on time so I'm not rushing! My poor husband, he's so abused when he wakes me up! But he does it, bless his heart - although he did threaten to quit today if I don't stop griping. I told him to suck it up and do his job...which is to ignore my temper and wake me up! He left me a message on my office voice mail telling me he still loves me!

Tried out the warm-ups on my two yoga dvd's yesterday. I think I like them both. I need to do the full work-outs one of these evenings so I can really compare. I'm a bit put out that one of them needs to be returned because it only plays in the PlayStation...it skips in my other dvd players. But I'm going to probably do it first to see what I think before I return it as defective. That'll tell me if I get another one just like it.

Well, that's all the news.

Mother, Ruth, our two Mary's - where are you guys? And has anyone heard from 2Cute?

Later!
Old 12-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #28  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Hello

I'm sorry I missed getting to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. But I'm glad I had time to pop in and wish you all a very Happy and Blessed New Year. Take care. Peace and turtle hugs to all who roost here
Old 12-28-2006, 01:39 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default The 300+ Exercise Thread!

2007 is just around the corner! What better time to set exercise goals?!!

Please join us for the 300+ exercise thread. It's simple. We set exercise goals for the month in terms of MINUTES we want to exercise (the exercise you do is up to you). I recommend that you set a small goal when you first start out and build.

Then, come to the thread and post your minutes. We also keep a running total of how many minutes the group has done. We will get close to 200,000 minutes for 2006 -- I think we can surpass this for 2007.

It's a great way to be accountable for exercise and build great habits!

Everyone is welcome, please join us here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100566
Old 12-29-2006, 08:58 AM   #30  

Smile Good morning!

Hello chickies, I have been awol, sort of. My daughter that has the AVM had to go back for test and I wanted to be there. She has had two treatments in Boston and I am thankful to say that they didn't see any sign of the AVM when they did the arteriogram this time. Some of you may remember that she had a bleed about six years ago. She has come a long way since then, to look at her you would never know that at one time she couldn't put a sentence together right or walk steady. Her right side was effected mostly. We have so much to be thankful for. The only lasting effects have been short term memory loss.

A new year is fast approaching. I wonder what it will bring for all of us??? Ya think we will reach our goals this year? I sure didn't accomplish anything in 2006. I always think that this will be the year I really do something about my weight. If only!

I am so proud of all of you that were doing what you needed to do through the Holidays! Wow! Go girls!

Ruth
Closed Thread