Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 10:53 AM   #31  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, Missouri! I think most of us would completely empathize with where you are coming from. I, too, had "the great revelation" after seeing a picture of me at 226 pounds. Ugh. I had no idea how overweight I had become. And, I felt bad all the time, both inside and out! You have certainly come to the right place. This forum is very supportive and helpful. Glad to have you!

CanadianSmile ~ I'm doing the Weight Watchers basic plan, but not necessarily counting points. I've discovered that if I focus on "counting points", I feel restricted and tend to mess up more. So---I am eating correctly (every 2-3 hours, small meals) and that tends to work for me.

RX ~ Back to the daily grind, huh? Wow - I will have to take some time to read the Hacker website...looks interesting. I have found that routine is required for me to be successful. I would bet that once you get back into your's, the scale will reflect. Don't ya think???

RR ~ What a terrific idea about bagging up and TAPING the candy! Candy is definitely one of my MAJOR weaknesses. I start out with "just one" and it turns into a mound of candy wrappers. [what can i say...i'm human!]

Wannabe ~ I think it depends on what KIND of pizza you eat. For instance, pan versus thin crust or extra cheese versus veggie, etc. Two pieces is pretty good, too....better than 3 or more, right?

Squishy ~ Congrats on the work!! That's awesome...

Goddess ~ How ya feelin' today?

LBH ~ How ya doin'???

Stevi ~ Doesn't it feel good to be able to walk long distances (with no problem) and have to actually wait for others? Sounds like all your hard work and exercise has certainly made you a MUCH fitter woman! Congrats!!!! [Now--just need to work on getting more sleep...LOL]

Jenny ~ Definitely want the recipe for Strawberry Cream Pie...please post! (if you haven't already).

Jasmine ~ Congrats on all the loss! that's incredible....

Butterfly ~ Don't worry 'bout the weekend, girlie...I'm right there with ya. Let's just get back on the wagon and go with it!!!! Here's a hug

In my last post, I told ya'll (yes--I'm from TX) that I had been really BAD over the weekend and I was afraid to weigh. Well, I'm happy to report that I have not gained ONE pound at all! Yay me! I was exactly the same. [Not sure how that happened, but I'll take it].

Have a WONDERFUL day!
Fondly,
Fit
Old 10-24-2006, 11:14 AM   #32  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone! Just popping in to let you know that the big bad MODS are watching!! . I'm happy to say that you are all behaving beautifully.

Girlie got her four month shots today and fell asleep in her carseat, so I have a chance to post!

I'm doing some exercise programs from Fit TV and counting calories. Trying to stay below 1800. I did well yesterday. Started out OK today. I have not even bought Halloween candy yet. Ugh. Not looking forward to having it in the house.

everyone!
Old 10-24-2006, 11:28 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 186/169/150

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone....Just checkin in to see how everyone is today!? I have been real good, writing everything down and drinking my water!!! I hope to see a improvement my next weigh in. I decided to go back down in calories and maybe switch back and forth for awhile and see if that will work.

Fit: I haven't posted the pie recipe yet, I need to find where I post it at. But I will do that today,Promise!

Welcome MissouriPE: You've found a wonderful support group here, everyone is super duper nice!!!! I haven't gotten several ideas to help me and hopefully you will to!!!

rx: Glad to hear you got some new stuff!!!! In a few weeks we will probally have this conversation again!!!!!lol

HHHHEEEELLLLOOOOO to everyone else!!!!!!! I hope your having a great day!
Old 10-24-2006, 11:28 AM   #34  

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone, hope everyone had a great weekend...I'm gonna try to catch up to all the posts in this thread already, lol. I have weigh in today, not sure if it will show a loss or not, I'm hoping it does since I've only been down a total of .8 over the last two weeks, but we'll see what it says when I get there. And I just have to say that I HATE when I get logged out of this site in the middle of typing out a message!! GRRRRR!!!

Hi Lisa and Lauren, boy I can't even imagine getting snow this early. Where I live we MIGHT get snow once or twice a year but not usually until January or later (I remember snow one or two Christmas' in my lifetime), although you can go up to the mountains an hour from here and get in the snow much earlier, they usually hope for a Thanksgiving opening at the ski places.

Karen the zoo and pumpkin patch sound like fun, Noah gets to go today with his class and tomorrow with his daycare, so not sure if we will go as a family or not. I was thinking of taking them to the zoo though.

WTG Holy, Wannabe, Jasmine, Bonnie Jean and Stacey!! That's great on the losses of both pounds and inches. Wannabe, I'm so glad you are feeling more like yourself! And Welcome to the forum Stacey!! I started out just counting calories on my own, now I am doing Weight Watchers. I've been watching The Biggest Loser and have thought of getting the book just for added motivation, but haven't done it yet.

Robin, hang in there, you can do this, you might not make your goal by Halloween but you can get closer to it!! I'm hoping to lose a couple pounds by then myself, I'm skeptical though with the week I have ahead of me.

RR, I hate getting up so early for work...we have a "retreat" at work tomorrow (aka class) and I said the only good thing about it will be that I won't have to get up at 5am, lol. Hope your day at work goes well. Good idea on the candy, I'll have to try that! I haven't bought mine yet as I don't want the temptation here!

Lawrence, I hope your week gets better and you get in a better mood. Sorry your vacation wasn't as rejuvenating as you would like it to be. Hang in there as far as the scale goes, it's an evil thing and likes to discourage us!! So glad you found some clothes you liked at Walmart, I have bought things there on my way down as well. I've found I need to treat myself a bit in the clothes department on my way down just because it makes me feel so much better, but I definately try to limit what I am spending since I don't "plan" on staying in them long!

Bonnie, hang in there, you can do this!!! We all have times where we don't stick to our plan too well, don't beat yourself up about it and just start again!!

JennyMarie, I know how hard it is to not get discouraged by losing less than a pound, I only lost .8 last week too, but usually you will catch up in another week. I have such a hard time not getting discouraged by the scale, I complain a lot about it, lol, but I do TRY to keep it in my head that it is going down and that maybe next week I'll lose more to make up for it. Hang in there.

Stevi, we went to disneyland in May, I so wish we were close enough to have a season pass and go more often, our trip was so tiring but it was a blast!!

Fit, sorry you fell off the wagon this weekend, but it sounds like you had a great time!! My ex husband cooked a lot too, it was so nice (well except for my waistline, lol) because I don't enjoy cooking much at all. I like to bake once in awhile, but that's it. Grats on not gaining anything, that always feels great after feeling like you did poorly!

Michelle, so sorry you aren't feeling well, hope you are all better soon! ((HUGS))

Squishy, grats on the jobs, hope you continue to enjoy them, it's gotta be a lot of good exercise cleaning out those stalls!

Christina welcome to the forum, I had my gallbladder removed when my daughter (who is now 8) was just 3 weeks old. I had suffered through gallbladder attacks for more than two years before finally having it removed, they were awful. Hang in there, you can do this!

Well I'll talk to ya all soon!! I gotta get the kiddo's to school, reading and replying to 3 pages took me way too much time, lol.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:48 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 186/169/150

Height: 5'7

Ok the recipe for the strawberry cream pie is in the recipe section under the sticky!
Hope whoever trys it like's it! It was good this weekend!!!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 12:20 PM   #36  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

PHEW!! Y'all have been busy this morning!
Its only 9am here and I had to read two full pages. Gonna take Lil Feller to get his Halloween pics taken today. Big brother is going to be in one as well. Logan is gonna be a Skunk! I got the cutest Tom Arma costume about a month ago, I let the family pic their top 3 favs and the majority rule. I was shocked it was the skunk...looks like his big brothers hair! I was super tired yest and fell asleep at 9pm. I feel so refreashed having gotten 8 hours.
Canadian~ I'm kinda on my own plan. I count calories, stay under 1500, but I also limit my fat and carbs. Carbs under 50 and fat under 30ish. When I stall, and I do stall, I go on a protein fast for two-three days. Its mostly lowfat cott. cheese, low fat meats and protein shakes. Fixes me right up!
Mel~ I hope your not slowing down again. Only good thing about is you'l prolly see a big loss soon!
Fit~ At least you blew it for something totallt worth it!! YUmmmmm! Glad it didn't do any damage.
Shout out to everybody else!
Old 10-24-2006, 12:32 PM   #37  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

JennyMarie2:

That happens sometimes. It will get better! How is your eating going? And .8 is better than gaining!!

Quote:
We need to start a thread to keep up with everyones plan!
I agree!!!
Quote:
Jasmine: You and Holy are on a roll!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! Keep up the good work! Maybe some of that weight loss will rub off on us!!
Thanx hun!! I hope so too, I know we all can do it!!

Quote:
I have a recipe for a WW dessert for Strawberry Cream Pie if any one wants it! It has 4pts and 203cals! It's so.....good I had it this weekend!!!! Let me know!
Yes I would love it! How many fat grams? How much sugar?

Stevi-rocks
Quote:
Jasmine~ You have a great attitude, I love reading your posts.
Thanx hun! I am a pretty peppy person. I hope I can help motivate some of the ladies here as well. I know we can all lose!!!

That is great you had so much fun at disney land. We love going! That is one of the few things I will miss when we move to Montana.

fitafter4:

Hello! I found your journal and left ya a comment!
Quote:
You know how you get that feeling..."oh well, I blew it last night, so I'll just forget it until Monday and start over?" Yeah--that feeling. Needless to say, I feel awful today. I wouldn't dare step on a scale right now, even if you paid me!! SO----it's back to drawing board for me.
Awwwww. Well I think the lobster dinner was definately worth it BUT you should of jumped on the wagon saturday!! lol Better late than never though!!

707Goddess:

WTG on the loss!! What are you taking for your cold? Feel better soon!!

squishy1234:

What kind of nutrition job is it? I tell my hubby it is rediculous I have to practically become a nutritionist just to lose weight!
Sounds good on the stall cleaning.

wannaBsize7:

Quote:
Jasmine: Your so full of joy . Sounds like you are doing awsome. Keep up the great work!!
Thanx! I hit a brick wall yesterday with binging but i don't care! That happened on the 6th of this month too and I still lost that week. I am just going to do two walks today and maybe 2 tomorrow! and maybe two the next day, and......

I also think I was ovulating yesterday. That may have had something to do with it!!

At least you didnt have vrazy bread with it like I did! haha

RoadRunner:

Even though you are not tall you are still doing well. Some women have 100 pounds or more to lose.

RXZephyr:

Sometimes people need a vacation FROM their vacation! Glad you found some new clothes!!

Quote:
Jasmine: I've been using FitDay to give me a rough idea of my calorie burning potential and my calorie intake and trying to keep my intake about 500 cals lower than my burn. With current weight, that means I'm looking to limit myself to about 2500 calories/day. I don't know if that's too high or too low or what, but that's what I've been doing. Another thought I had was to find out how many calories I would be burning at my idea rate and try to live off that...though I think that would mean a calorie intake of something like 1500 cals/day which is HALF of what I am burning at the moment. :|
Sweetie I am NOT a dietician and I know you are also taller but that sounds like alot of cals still! I do about 1800, walk 60 minutes a day, and lose about 2.5 pounds a week. I use fitday too but I don't think their burning cals thing is correct.(It should be more burned) Many other women at this board have mentioned the same. I use a different calculator but anyways the point I am getting to is this. I found this link at the bg. of this month and it is awesome. It is how I am steadily losing wieght now instead of hitting and missing as I did before. Go here, you input your height, current weight, age, etc and it tells you how many cals you need to maintain your current weight, how much cals to maintain your current weight if you exercise for 30 minutes and for 60.

Womens Nutrition Health Guide

Like mine for instance, to maintain my current weight I need to eat 2285 cals a day, if I exercise for 60 minutes I can eat 2885 cals a day. Every pound is 3500 cals so if I want to lose 2 pounds a week then I need to shave off 7000 cals a week. So If I walk 7 days a week, i can lose by keeping my cals at around 1800 cals a day.

Anyhow I would urge you to see what yours says and if you need any help, let me know!!

Hi canadian smile and LBH

Hi missouripe! So glad you joined us! Have you thought about calorie counting?

fitafter4:
Quote:
Jasmine ~ Congrats on all the loss! that's incredible....
Thanx hun!!

Quote:
Well, I'm happy to report that I have not gained ONE pound at all! Yay me! I was exactly the same. [Not sure how that happened, but I'll take it].
That is great! Now get back to work on it!

KarenK:
Quote:
I'm doing some exercise programs from Fit TV and counting calories.
I heard about that. I was worried though cause i really don't have any exercise equipment at home though.

JennyMarie2:

Check out the womens health link!!

Melodyl:
Quote:
WTG Holy, Wannabe, Jasmine, Bonnie Jean and Stacey!! That's great on the losses of both pounds and inches.
Thanx hun!!

Thanx for the congrats everyone! I hope I didn't miss anyone. I have decided I am staying off the scale til friday. I had a bit of a binge yesterday. I was out of fruit and needed to go to the store and was on the bus that turned into an almost all day adventure! I had a slimfast and coffee for breakfast. Went to see Joe for lunch and had a nacho bell grande and 1/12th of his mexican pizza, got a few things from target and the plan was to get home at 1:30 on the bus. (The bus only runs every 90 minutes out here!!) BUT the bus was 25 minutes late picking me up at 10:30. It didn't pick me up til almost 11:00!!! So we ate lunch and since I knew the bus was late I went to target and got a few things. The bus should of come about 1:00 but it didn't get there til like 2:00!!! I didn't get home til 2:30 which means it was an hour behind!!! I was supposed to go get on the 4:30 bus, go to the store, and when I got back on the bus, that bus would be the one Joe was coming home on and we could ride home together and get home by 6:00. But that was all screwed up cause the bus was running an hour late! I thought of Joe at the bus stop. He gets off at 5:00 and that bus comes normally at 5:30, home by 6:00. So I thought, great! He will get off at 5, and if the bus is an hour behind he'd have to wait til 6:30 to catch the bus!!! So I figured I would just go meet him right before he gets off so at least we could be together. There is another bus that is a 30 minute walk from here so I ate a pb sandwich real quick and trotted off to that one and got out there by 4:30 and to his work okay. Well the stupid bus that is closest to our house was so late it was almost on time again! It came by target at 5:40 and we went to the store and I was hungry! We wound up splurging and having pizza and crazy bread and bringing it home for the kids too. Didn't get home til 7:30!!! I feel like I was on the bus all day yesterday!! I had two pieces but really wanted 3! I told myself though that I would be held accountable when I got home and logged into fitday and that stopped me! I did have 3 stick thin pieces of crazy bread though too. I still need to count it all up but when I was looking at cal king last nite, I noticed that one slice of pizza has 8 grams of fat. That is the same amount as in peanut butter! So maybe I should start having that for lunch instead!!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 12:48 PM   #38  
I AM healthy!

RXZephyr

I went ahead and ran your stats. Age 32, weight 216, goal weight, 180, height, 71 inches: This is what it says:

Quote:
Your results for the Women's Nutrition Guide Calorie Calculator

These results will help you to know how many calories you need to maintain your current weight, and the number of calories needed per day to achieve your goal weight in a healthy, steady manner.

You need 2352.6 calories per day to maintain your current weight without exercise.

You need 2208 calories per day to reach your goal weight slowly and maintain that weight without exercise.

If you reduce your current caloric intake to 1852.6 calories per day you will lose one pound per week without exercise.

If you increase your current caloric intake to 2852.6 calories per day, you will gain one pound per week.

Exercise and Calorie Needs

If you exercise for 30 minutes each day, you may increase your caloric intake to 2619 calories per day and still maintain your current weight.

If you exercise for 60 minutes each day, you may increase your caloric intake to 2952 calories per day to maintain your current weight.

If you exercise for 30 minutes each day, you will be able to reach your goal weight with 2457 calories per day.

If you exercise for 60 minutes each day, you will be able to reach your goal weight with 2768.2 calories per day.

Macronutrients

The United States Department of Agriculture suggests that approximately 50% of your calories come from carbohydrates, about 30% from fats, and approximately 20% from protein sources. 1 gram of protein has about 4 calories, 1 gram of fat has about 9 calories, and 1 gram of carbohydrate has about 4 calories.

You need 294.1 grams of carbohydrates, 77.6 grams of fat, and 117.6 grams of protein per day for 2352.6 calories to maintain your weight of 214 pounds.

You need 276 grams of carbohydrates, 72.9 grams of fat, and 110.4 grams of protein per day for 2208 calories to maintain your goal weight of 180 pounds.

Opinions vary greatly about the percentages of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins that should make up your diet. About has two great sources of information for Low Carbohydrate Diets and Low Fat Diets.

Please remember that these calorie counts are an average, you may need to adjust your calorie needs up or down slightly to get the results you want.
You need 2352.6 calories per day to maintain your current weight without exercise.

If you exercise for 30 minutes each day, you may increase your caloric intake to 2619 calories per day and still maintain your current weight.

If you exercise for 60 minutes each day, you may increase your caloric intake to 2952 calories per day to maintain your current weight.

I don't remember how much exercise you get but those are the stats. (The ones I follow anyhow)

So for example if you are exercising for 60 minutes a day and with that you could eat 2952 and maintain your current weight, then you would want to have a daily deficit of 1000 calories a day to = 7000 a week to get to 2 pounds lost.

So you would need to eat 1952 cals a day.

So for example if you are exercising for 30 minutes a day and with that you could eat 2619 and maintain your current weight, then you would want to have a daily deficit of 1000 calories a day to = 7000 a week to get to 2 pounds lost.

So you would need to eat 1619 cals a day.

If you don't exercise at all(which i don't recommend) you would need to eat 1352.6 cals a day to lose 1000 cals a day to get to 7000 a week to get to the loss of two pounds. I hope this helps!! I know it really helped me to see the big picture in black and white!
Old 10-24-2006, 01:10 PM   #39  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Im here barely im at work sick as a dog im doing all right i'll check in later
Old 10-24-2006, 05:52 PM   #40  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
I went ahead and ran your stats. Age 32, weight 216, goal weight, 180, height, 71 inches: This is what it says:
The ONLY thing you missed is that that this would be for a woman.

I went and found the men's calculator, which can be found here:
Men's Nutrition Guide

Good thing too, since I was worried for a second.

Quote:
Your results for the Men's Nutrition Guide Calorie Calculator

These results will help you to know how many calories you need to maintain your current weight, and the number of calories needed per day to achieve your goal weight in a healthy, steady manner.

You need 2877.8 calories per day to maintain your current weight without exercise.

You need 2631.9 calories per day to reach your goal weight slowly and maintain that weight without exercise.

If you reduce your current caloric intake to 2377.8 calories per day you will lose one pound per week without exercise.

If you increase your current caloric intake to 3377.8 calories per day, you will gain one pound per week.

Exercise and Calorie Needs

If you exercise for 30 minutes each day, you may increase your caloric intake to 3155 calories per day and still maintain your current weight.

If you exercise for 60 minutes each day, you may increase your caloric intake to 3507.9 calories per day to maintain your current weight.

If you exercise for 30 minutes each day, you will be able to reach your goal weight with 2882.1 calories per day.

If you exercise for 60 minutes each day, you will be able to reach your goal weight with 3200.6 calories per day.
This is WAY more in-line with what FitDay was telling me. Seems that my goal calorie intake of about 2500 calories wasn't too far off what's being talked about here. *cheers* If I can just stay there, I'll be okay, but that seems to be a problem these days.

Oh well. Keep fighting the good fight.

More tomorrow morning.

:Lawrence
Old 10-24-2006, 06:00 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Cool End of day 1

I did pretty good today so far. No coke, chips, cookies or candy. Might have to add crackers to my "c's" though. I dove into some when my soup at lunch didn't satisfy enough. And the soup was hardly low fat. Definitely could have made a better choice, but I didn't want to throw it away and dh won't finish the big batch I made this weekend. At least I stopped at one bowl. Didn't have much for breakfast because I thought I had granola bars at work and was wrong so I had a handful of peanuts and a glass of water. I also had another cup of water this afternoon when the munchies struck. Now to go home and cook dinner and jump on the elliptical when it is in the oven. Wonder if the kids will cooperate....Back tomorrow to let you know.

Christina
Old 10-24-2006, 06:47 PM   #42  
I AM healthy!

Quote:
The ONLY thing you missed is that that this would be for a woman.
Oh my gosh I am so embarrassed!

I am glad you found the mens calculator okay.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:12 PM   #43  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

miss: my suggestion for soup: divy it up and freeze it. last week i had one crockpot of chili and one of beef stew. when i got home from work i divvied it up between 6 oz bowls and froze them. came in handy on saturday night when i needed dinner after a long day

brb gotta go take the dog for a walk..he missed mama today.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:12 PM   #44  
Just a few more pounds...

S/C/G: 226/206/165

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
Bonnie Jean that is awesome! WtG! What tye of exercise will you start doing?
Jasmine,

I started walking and then my husband left for 2 1/2 weeks. He will be home sometime this weekend. It's hard for me to walk with the kids because they don't walk fast enough for me! So when dh is home, we go as a family and I can walk as fast as I want and dh handles the kiddos !!

Take care,
Bonnie Jean
Old 10-24-2006, 09:17 PM   #45  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi all!! I am here. Just out running all day. Weekends are crazy and Tuesdays the man has play group (which he's doing great at for those of you who know my issues with him). We got home today and napped from 1 till almost 5!! I so needed it though. I feel good now. I was able to get the kitchen cleaned up and broke up my meat into 1 lb bags and even made banana bread. I'll get you all the recipe if it turns out to be any good. LOL I've never used this recipe but it's only 2 pts for a slice. So we'll see how it goes.

newbies!!

Jasmine I can certainly get you info about my b&b biz. PM off list as I don't think we're really allowed to post that kind of stuff right in the forums.

Stevi, sleep is a good thing isn't it? lol Sometimes we just need a little extra. Especially with the little guys running us ragged like they do!

Karen, poor little miss! I hate shots. It really takes a toll on them sometimes!

Lawrence, glad to hear you're in a little better of a mood!

Hi to everyone else!! I'll talk to you all later!
Closed Thread