Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 10:16 AM   #16  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good morning I can say that I have not been on plan all weekend I feel so down in the dumps about everything. I want to say congrats to everyone and I hope all is going well with all. I have sooo much house cleaning to do I hope I can muster my self to get on plan and get in gear.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:46 AM   #17  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

RXZephyr:
Quote:
Yesterday, we hit some of the local thrift and used clothing stores in the hopes of finding me some new clothes. I don't want to pay full price because (hopefully) I'm just passing through these sizes on my way to the slimmer, fitter me. 3 hours spent out and we came home with *nothing*. I was so demotivated and frustrated yesterday night....just one failure after another it seems.
Awww I hope you find something! I know what ya mean about not wanting to spend alot! I plan on being 190 by New Years Day so around x~mas I will need to buy some new things. But In March is income tax time and i plan to be 170 or so by then so i want to wait and go hog wild then! Over the next 3-6 months if I can get down to 135 then that is great! But I know sometimes the last little bit might take time so I am not waiting after then to go get stuff. Hope you find what ya need! remember to try to get some basic stuff that you can wear with other stuff to mix and match. I am thinking of calling my Aunts and asking them if they have any friends in the size I will be near x~mas that are getting rid of clothes.

Quote:
Dispite trying desperately to stay "in the game", keeping my calorie intake at an acceptable level, I'm at wits end today. My weight keeps bouncing up and down in a range of almost 2 lbs. It's driving me crazy. I've also cut out all of the foods that I really like since they also tend to be high calorie foods -- which is probably making for my poor mood.
How many cals are you sticking to? I find what helps me is having several small meals a day.

LBH:
Quote:
Jasmine, Congrats on the loss!!
Thanx!! I am down another .25 this am so an even 220 now! Yippee!! LBH you can do it!! That candy is NOT worth it!

wannaBsize7:
Quote:
I just haven't felt like me in a loong time. Well, now that I am down to 149- I am starting to feel soo much better. I thing the biggest change is in my face. I look like me again. I feel my age again too. I need to take some pic... I still have 15 lbs to go, but things are going great. I'm happy.
That is great sweetie! I know exactly what you mean. My weight had gotten so high I was depressed and I felt so lazy! No energy at all!! As I started losing, I remember hitting 250 last x~mas and feeling really awesome. Then once again hitting 235 was a big mark for me. That seemed to be when some guys start paying attention so I know I started looking good again. Now I am 220 and I can't believe how far I came! I have to keep reminding myself and telling myself that I can do anything. What I hated the most about pics before was no matter what, my face looked too fat! It still does in some pics but it is looking alot better and now adays I am able to get a few pics here and there that I am actually happy with! I feel like I have my face back!! So I know what ya mean. I am starting to feel like a spring chicken again too.

Hi CanadianSmile! It's good to have you! So glad you joined us!!

Hey butterfly you can do it! we did some stuff over the weekend too. Like ruipping the stove out and cleaning it. ugghhh!!!

ANyhow hello to everyone else and congrats on the weight loss! Don't give up ladies! We can do it!!
Old 10-23-2006, 11:01 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/169/150

Height: 5'7

Wink Morning All

Hi ya'll......Another chilly day here in East Tennessee, but the leaves here are so beautiful! Well I was going to complain today about weighing in yesterday and only losing .8lbs but I thought you know what I least I didn't gain!!! But in all honesty It did make me a little mad! It feels like I've worked my butt off and only to have lost less than a pound.....Anyone else go through this???? I'll get over it! I got to head to the gym and work out!!!

Robin: Even when ya don't want to go exercise, by the time I do this I feel energized!

Holy: WWWWOOOOWWWW!!!! I"m so jealous!{In a good way} Congrats! Your doing great! Are you counting calories? We need to start a thread to keep up with everyones plan!

Wanna: It feels good to wake up and be you again! I'm feeling the same way since my hysterectomy, I'm just starting to feel good again, more like me! Skating sounds like so much fun!!! I haven't done that in years! I used to be a speed skater in FL. A girl I skated with is now in the OLYMPICS! Her name is Jennifer Rodriquez. I'll have to take my kids and show off!

Jasmine: You and Holy are on a roll!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! Keep up the good work! Maybe some of that weight loss will rub off on us!!

Bonnie: CONGRATS to you too!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!

Road Runner: I'd love to be your weight!!!! I haven't seen that since high school!!!!

RX: Don't worry about the clothes, there just wasn't any there sexy enough for you!!!!! Cheer up...this week will be better!!!!!!!!!

Stacey: Welcome What diet plan are you using??? Congrats on your prior weightloss that's great!

Butterfly: Hope today get's better for you!!!!! Cheer UP!

I have a recipe for a WW dessert for Strawberry Cream Pie if any one wants it! It has 4pts and 203cals! It's so.....good I had it this weekend!!!! Let me know!
Old 10-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #19  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Oh my goodness I'm Bushed!
Spent al of Friday getting the house in order, then Saturday I had to catch up on 2+ weeks of laundry ( due to the back, yeah...no one bothered to help a sister out.) Then I went out with friends til 3am!! My BF tryed to KILL me driving hoem, She's a freekin' MANIAC. I kept telling her and my friends.."I gotta get home (she drove), I have to be up @ 7am to get Lo lo and myself ready for a day @ Disney...Think they cared!!?? 3AM!!! So with 4 hours of sleep I got up and outta here by 8:30am and left the Mouse's house @ 9pm. Lil Feller was such a TROOPER!!! He had a blast. he took 2 20min power naps and finally passed out right as the 6pm Parade was starting. But he got to see the Parade in Cal. Adventure. It had a Pixar them abd he LOVES that stuff. he didn't get scared or cry, not even once! Took lots of pics with Characters ( I'll post later). I got the season pass so we will be back soon. My poor MIL was just exhausted. I was pushing Lil Feller the whole time, TRYING to keep the pace slow. I used to walking pretty fast. When I told MIL and SIL that they had walked 2 miles in 4 hours they where like..."THAT'S IT!!!!" Yup. I stayed on plan but have no loss to report this morning. (Well I did have ONE cookie)

CONGRATS to all that have victories!!!
RX~ Aww come on...Cheer up!
Holy~ You are a hrad workin' woman! WTG!
Jen~ You go through peeks and vallys. No matter how hard your working. Change it up a bit, That usually helps me. I'd be content with .8!
Jasmine~ You have a great attitude, I love reading your posts.

Anybody have any idea what type of "mommie and me" programs are out there for me and LIl Feller? He loved the parade and the dancing, I want to take him to play with other babies as well.
Welcome all the newbies!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 01:22 PM   #20  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Stevi, most libraries have story time...not sure if there's a min. age though. Try these:
http://momsclub.com/links.html#California

http://www.mops.org/Groups/group_search.php

Jenny - You can post that recipe in our recipe thread, which is a sticky!
Old 10-23-2006, 01:40 PM   #21  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Talk about falling off the wagon....

Happy Monday, everyone....

I was thrilled when I was playing "catch-up" and reading the last couple of pages of last week's postings as well as this week's. I can't believe all the LOSERS! You guys rock!

As for me...let's just say I fell off the wagon in a MAJOR way this weekend. It started with Friday night. DH took me to a romantic cooking class, which was a 4 course lobster dinner with a Chef. It was truly awesome! DH is italian, so cooking is in his blood! It was also sponsored by Beringers, so we had FOUR different kinds of wine. As the chef was cooking the lobster dishes (and I was eating it with a big smile on my face--it was incredibly delicious), he was showing us how unbelieveably fattening everything was. Heavy cream, this----lots of butter, that, etc.....

You know how you get that feeling..."oh well, I blew it last night, so I'll just forget it until Monday and start over?" Yeah--that feeling. Needless to say, I feel awful today. I wouldn't dare step on a scale right now, even if you paid me!! SO----it's back to drawing board for me.

Welcome, Smile!!

I will be back in a bit to post more..................

Fondly,
Fit
Old 10-23-2006, 01:50 PM   #22  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning all im sick as a dog at work of course i cant afford to take any time off i got a horriable head cold sat night all day yesterday in bed with the sweats etc THEN to top it off i started this morning TOM dang can a girl get a break and TMI### but i cant wear maxi's because of my new little friend down there and i hate the other things so im damned LOL BUT i did lose a pound last week even though i was PMS-ing so thats GREAT
welcome canadian and everyone i'll be back later to give my shot outs to each one of you
Michelle
Old 10-23-2006, 02:54 PM   #23  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

So Michelle...what ARE you using?! Sorry, just HAD to ask!
Old 10-23-2006, 04:01 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Height: 5'5"

Just poppi9n' in before dashing to acting class with DD. I worked my 1st full day with my nutrition job with sick kiddos. It went ok. I was SOOO nervous but had a good partner with me so things went smoothly. I also got that 1st regular client for stall-cleaning business today! I gave him a high quote for cleaning his barn and he accepted! It is flat-rate of $50/ day and only took me 2 hrs Sat to do! Granted other days will be longer but still! Even if it takes 2.5, still good pay! yippee!

Eating plan did not go well over the weekend but alot is going on! Today went well cause I didnt have time to eat! Work is good!
Old 10-23-2006, 10:27 PM   #25  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Stacey Sounds like your off to a good start (re-start )

Jasmine: Your so full of joy . Sounds like you are doing awsome. Keep up the great work!!
Fit: Yes, I know that feeling well!! Oh well, your back on plan now. We all need a break now and then. Its good for you!!

Squishy: Happy for ya!!

Yeah, I didn't do well with eating today. I had my 15 year old sistagirl (thats what I think of her as) She had a presentation to do for school. we spent 9HRS!!! on it. So I ended up buying a pizza tonight, and had 2 slices. All in all, I don't think I did to bad, but I didn't keep up witht the points.

TTYL
Christie
Old 10-24-2006, 05:17 AM   #26  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!
Stevi--K and I take Gymboree music together...It is nice because they also have open play 3 days a week if U purchase a class..We also have Kindermusik classes..She loves music and dance also..

Yes Lauren--Fireman last year for 1 party and then Pooh for halloween night..This year, she has the jacket, axe and hat..She loves it cuz it is the same one as IM Smitty!!(he is a NO fireman)They are comming out on a new CD in January with Dan Zanes, WIggles, Doodlebops etc..It is a CD of the old DIsney tunes..They are singing one from Jungle book that the ape sang..

Welcome Canadien...
JennyMarie--I am just 5'1 so 137 is still to much for me..If I was Stevi's height, I would be set!!!

Ok--Halloween tip: I wrapped all my candy in those little paper halloween bags already and taped them shut..I cant see what is in it and it will be no temptation for that night..Plus..DH feels the need to keep putting handfulls in the bags of trick or treaters and we run out..This way, 1 bag per child and u dont have to guess!!!!I even wrapped the candy up the girls got this weekend at the zoo..Nothing like recycling!!!
Heloo alll---off to work!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 10-24-2006 at 05:25 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:59 AM   #27  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Cool Hi Ho...Hi Ho...It's off to work I go....

Well, I'm in a slightly better mood today despite the fact that I'm headed back to work today. Ugh. It's really hard to motivate myself after being off for 17 days, but I'm sure that the routine will feel good to get back into. And I do enjoy seeing everyone at work as I do get along with most everyone.

Got on the scale today. SUPER UGH. My transgressions from the (extended) weekend are DEFINITELY showing their ugly head today. I think I'm gonna take Christi's advice and not touch my tracker until I dip below it again. It's time to get back on the horse....if I can find it. I think it ran off after I fell this last time.

Took Lauren's advice yesterday and the DW and I went and hit the local Wally World. Sure enough, they had a couple discount and sale racks that were in price ranges that were tolerable. Buoyed by that success, we went shoe shopping and got a couple pair for me. First new shoes I have bought in almost 3 years. (Yep, the old pairs were getting a little ratty and tight...but they're comfy!)

Lauren: Your Walmart tip was right on. Yay! I would never have thought to buy cords, but the DW likes (certain) ones, so I got myself a pair to see how I feel about them. As long as I don't make that zipping noise with the fat thighs rubbing against each other, I'm happy.

Christi: I try and weigh myself around the same time, plus or minus an hour. For the last couple of weeks, while I'm on vacation, things have been kinda messed up when it comes to "routines", but things will definitely be improving now that I'm back to work. November 1st, I'm even going to start tracking my weight in a spreadsheet from "The Hacker's Diet" -- it does "trending" so that it looks at what way you are tending to be heading. That way momentary weight increases don't have as much of an affect. If you're losing and losing and losing and then have an increase, the formulas in there will smooth things out.

The Hacker's Diet: http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/www/hackdiet.html

Stacey: Welcome to another Canadian! Woo!

Bonnie: I know EXACTLY what you mean about feeling blah after a bad weekend. Been there, still doing that, looking for the T-shirt. Somehow, we'll get through this and get back on that horse.

Jasmine: I've been using FitDay to give me a rough idea of my calorie burning potential and my calorie intake and trying to keep my intake about 500 cals lower than my burn. With current weight, that means I'm looking to limit myself to about 2500 calories/day. I don't know if that's too high or too low or what, but that's what I've been doing. Another thought I had was to find out how many calories I would be burning at my idea rate and try to live off that...though I think that would mean a calorie intake of something like 1500 cals/day which is HALF of what I am burning at the moment. :|

And I REALLY need to find a way to incorporate SOME exercise. BLAH!

JennyMarie: Wasn't any sexy enough for me, huh? THANK YOU for making my day. So, that means that the stuff I did find yesterday must be sexy enough. No, no....I don't think so. Me and sexy just don't belong in the same paragraph, let alone sentence. Not just yet. :P

Congratulations to all the losers out there! You're an inspiration to us all!

Time for a shower and to start the day. Take it easy everyone and we'll chat tomorrow!
:Lawrence
Old 10-24-2006, 07:38 AM   #28  

Hi again,

Thank you all for your warm welcomes! I hope everyone is having a good week so far!
JennyMarie I am counting calories, I bought the Biggest Loser book and have been following what they recommend for calories for my weight, so far so good! Now that I seem to have that undercontrol I just have to step up my exercising again. I seemed to have gotten lazy on that part
What diet plans does everyone seem to follow or does everyone have their own plan that seems to work for them?
Have a great day!
Stacey
Old 10-24-2006, 10:06 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Smile New here, but want to be a regular!

Hi. I'm 33, weighed in this morning at 182.4 lbs. Been fighting gallbladder problems (exacerbated by my hideous diet) for the greater part of a year. Might break down and have it removed after the first of the year (good ole Cafeteria plan), but found this summer when I really worked at eating healthier and exercising, my symptoms nearly disappeared. I became a member on here then and just got distracted and didn't come back.

Fell off the wagon due to the stress in my life. Dh laid off (and now back at work on a friggin' OT job! I might as well be a single mom). Two small children that seem to melt down every time their routine is tampered with (5 y o DS started KG this year, 2.5 y o DD moved into the preschool part of her d/c). Work that seems to have "blown up" on me lately. I just want to bury myself in food.

But I feel like crap all the time - between the pain and nausea from the gallbladder and the exhaustion - life is no fun and I am sick of it being this way. I'm due for AF any moment so this is probably a terrible week to start, but there is never a "good" time for me so it is time to bite the bullet.

My minigoal this week is to get in two - 20 min sessions on my elliptical. Baby steps, ya know? My other minigoal is to stay away from my four C's (cookies, candy, chips, coke). I'm not one to buy into fad diets. I did Diet Center's plan very successfully several years ago and like that it is a balance of fruits, veggies, carbs, protein, and fat. Might move back towards watching my "exchanges", but for now staying away from the four C's will help and I'm going to try to get in my fiber (good for gallbladder).

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Christina - aka - MissouriPE
Old 10-24-2006, 10:24 AM   #30  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Lawrence" That sound intresting, I'll have to check it out!!

Stacey: It's WW for me. I'ts been a God sent, and is the first program that I've been able to stick with in a loonngg long time

Christina: It sounds like you are on the right track. Babysteps is the way to go!! You've come to a good place to lift your spirit, Hang in there girl!! and...
Closed Thread