Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 09:11 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Cool TGIF for sure!

Lawrence - your posts always crack me up. LOL about getting DW to take your measurements and being late. My dh would definitely be ALL FOR me taking his measurements if it ended THAT way I have a friend that used to run a weight loss clinic. If I can get in touch with her, I'll ask her where all she used to measure. I was thinking it was in several places so that you could really see how your body was morphing. I don't bother because my biggest way to see loss (besides the scale - a fellow obsessor here) is whether certain clothes fit or not. I have a pair of 16 Dockers I can't get into right now. In the summer I got down enough I could get in them (and stand to sit all day at work). Hoping to get back into them by year end.

Oh, and you mentioned your problem with snacking in front of the TV or computer and I realized why I don't really fight that when I went home for lunch yesterday. We have a rule in our house that all food must be eaten at the kitchen table. Obviously, this was geared at the kids not dragging food/drink all over the house. But it is actually a pretty good way to keep the mindless snacking down...since you actually have to stop and get out a plate/bowl and put a portion in it and then sit down at the table and eat it. I have to say that I don't always follow this when I go home for lunch, but I wouldn't have dove into those crackers the other day (which I mindlessly munched in the living room) had I followed the rule so I am going to try to stick to it even when the kids aren't around. Just thought I would share.

Had a mixed night. Went home and got the kids fed, bathed and jammied. Ate a reasonable dinner (would have been better had I not eaten my dd's portion). Then went to my meeting at at the break they had Coke and I had such a raging headache, I drank one. Oops. A "C" I was trying to avoid. Then went out for a drink with one of the girls to watch the ballgame (Go CARDS!) afterwards. The bad news is that I had a kick butt margarita (yeah, that's some calories), but the good news is that I skipped all the fried munchies that were calling my name as I sat there. Good thing I stopped at one drink or my will power might have died. At least the Cards won!

Today is busy at work. Have a meeting here in about 20 min. Another right after and another after lunch. That's ok though. Keeps me honest. Will go home for lunch (soup for this rainy cold day). Tonight will just be same ole, same ole with the kids. No idea what we will eat. Maybe english muffin pizzas again. At least when I make that stuff I can control what goes on it.

Oh, and someone asked the other day and I forgot to clarify - YES, Venison is DEER. My dh is an avid hunter. We only have a few packages of it left though so I am hoping he gets another one this year (season starts in a couple of weeks). It is VERY lean and high in iron. Sometimes it tastes a little dry, but rarely too gamey since he shoots them on his uncle's farm and they usually are fat on his uncle's corn! Few years ago he shot a huge buck (well for around here anyway) and it is hanging in my living room - lovely. That one was a tad gamey. Never got to try the moose meat from his kill in Alaska 2 years ago (his cousin never shipped it to us!). Oh well, that rack is in my living room too.

OK, better get ready for my meetings. Hang in there everyone! BBL

Christina
Old 10-27-2006, 09:43 AM   #77  
Just a few more pounds...

S/C/G: 226/206/165

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning All!

Lawernce -- I'm sorry that I missed your post yesterday, but I remember when I was on WW a few years back. One of the things that the WW leader said that helped me was to make sure that you are mixing up your meals. For example, if you are eating a bowl of oatmeal everyday for breakfast and that's it, maybe you need to eat oatmeal on one day and yougurt and fruit the next. Make sense ? She said that for some reason, eating the same thing, day in and day out, kept you from losing weight. Not sure if that's an issue with you, but I thought it was worth mentioning. I'm sure you hard work will pay off eventually! Chin up!

Darcy -- Great picture of the kids and your team! I love those team pictures!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Take care,
Bonnie Jean
Old 10-27-2006, 10:19 AM   #78  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

OK, the week has gotten a little better. Had to p/u Peter Tuesday because he was running around the halls and trying to run out the door. He was definitely in a mood all day, but yet he was soo sweet and lovey-dovey. Asked me to take him for a haircut, so I did. Joe, God bless him, he's soo awesome. He's the guy that works at Kids Cutz in the mall and does his hair. That man deserves a medal for dealing with kids all day. He gets Peter cracking up! Anyway, he decided to put some wax in his hair in front, to make it stand up and it looked soo cute, so I bought some. It comes in a stick that you push up and you just put a little on his hairline and comb it up. I'll have to take a pic, it's very cute.

Anyway, I had a big "to-do" with the new Director about how they're supposed to restrain him. She absolutely refuses to restrain him. They're supposed to sit him in a chair, like for timeout, and if he doesn't sit nice by himself, they need to sit behind him and wrap their arms around him. The chair serves as a barrier so they don't get head-butted or kicked. They're basically just hugging him. She claims her DYFS rep told her she can't do it. The DYFS rep I called said she didn't think it was wrong, but there's nothing concrete. So I called her rep, who gave me to his supervisor. We had a nice talk and basically if i get a letter from our child pyschologist explaining it and the situation, and fax it to her, she'll show it to her supers, and can probably get it approved for situations where he's going to harm himself or others.

Aside from being extremely annoyed with them about that, they have come up with some great ideas to help him out. They're going to log his day in a notebook, good and bad, just to keep track so that eventually maybe they can find a pattern to his behavior. I don't think they will, because there isn't a pattern with ODD kids. But I like the fact that I will have a detailed accounting of his day to read and sign. They're also going to have a chart detailing everything they do and he will get a smiley or frown for each task. They're going to "check in" with him every 15-20 minutes to see how he's doing too.

Anyway, sorry to go on about my kids! I went to the gym and swam last night. Didn't do too bad. It felt really good though, wish I could get there more than once or twice a week.

Have a great day all!
Old 10-27-2006, 11:38 AM   #79  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Well, People, I just don't know what is happening to me. I just wanna eat all the time, and I haven't been tracking my points. Tom just left officially yesturday, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

I had Joby (15 year old friend) from friday-monday, and I think that kind of threw my week off. Plus we had the skate party, and lots of candy. I guess I just got that sugar in my blood. I have been doing so well for so long, I don't want to fail now!! But I have fallen off diets for 3 years now, so I recognize whats going on. It I don't get a hold of myself, I could gain all that weight back in no time!!!

To day is Friday, and I will be here all day, so I should be able to stay on plan. BUT the week end is here, and it is the hardest to stay on plan. We'll see how it goes....

I have a lot of catching up to do, so I'm gonna do a different post for each page

Christina: I was born and raised in the bootheel of MO. What part are you from N S E or W? I grew up around Deer hunters, but I never grew to love the meat. But it is very healthy, I know!!

Lauren: All the best to you (about Peter) Keep us posted. I would love to hear if their method works!!
Old 10-27-2006, 12:06 PM   #80  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Stevi & Jasmine: I used to use sears too in TN. Sometimes the pics were good, but sometimes they were awesome. I also loved that you could see your pics before they came in in the pc. plus If you only want the "special package" You could pic which pic you wanted. I'll post some of the pics so you can see... These are when she was 7 months old. I didn't even have an appt. We were at the mall, and did it on a whim.

And while I'm at it I'll post a couple of pics of Joby so that when I talk about her you'll know who she is (she is 15 yearold girl who is away from her mother now for over 2 years. I have begun to be like a "surrogate" mom for her. For now on I'll just refer to her as my DSD 15 )

This is She,her little brother George, and myself. He's 6.

Darcy... aww that is so sweet, You've got some handsome fellers there!!
Old 10-27-2006, 01:44 PM   #81  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Well I am just running in real quick. I have to get going on my walk soon. So I will be back later to read thru everything and comment. But I just had to come in and say I am upset. I am only down a .25 pound all week! I am also looking at my success over all this month and I know I am down 8.5 pounds which is amazing. BUT I know I can lose more! This month is not up yet! I am getting scared that my ticker is jinxing me! Cause I got to my halloween goal early. I think I am going to remove it and start my turkey day goal!

Oklay I just went and started it! Who would like to come join it? I did great on my other challenges. I lost my 10 for halloween and I am almost at my 1800 minute walking goal for the week!
5-10 pounds off by Turkey Day Challenge!

Anyhow I did very well on my eating yesterday too, didnt even want to finish my sp. rice so I just pushed it awat! Wound up at like 1430 cals or so AND I walked 100 minutes yesterday! But I still have not lost any more!! I am frustrated!! I dont want to cut my cals any more cause I know that wont help me plus I need to be able to cut them later as well!! Right now for the week this is how its looking:

22 1628
23 2133
24 1793
25 1657 = 7211/4 = 1802.75
26 1423
27 1550
28 1550
average of 1676.28 a day

So if I stick to 1550 today and tomorrow. I am upset and dont know what I am doing wrong!!!
Old 10-27-2006, 07:51 PM   #82  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all, sorry I haven't been around, I cancelled my AOL and so now I can either use my computer at work (which I don't have time for) or my parents (good luck getting on).

I can't remember all the posts from everyone so I apologize for not getting everyone.

Molly, I think it is the weather. So gray and yucky! Glad your son is doing well in playgroup.

Stevie, he is soooo adorable. Makes me almost want a kid.

Lauren, Sorry Peter is not doing so well. I hope it gets better.

to everyone else.

Lisa
Old 10-28-2006, 01:33 AM   #83  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Well, Its just me and Lil feller tonight. DS#1 is at a "show", some punk music thing. I'm gonna have to go get him if DH dosen't. I have kinda fallen off the wagon ( That didn't take long!!!) The last two days, I have been absolutely STARVING. I think I limited my carbs to much. I was feeling dizzy even. I have a gig tomorrow night, halloween party. Looks like we are gonna have a killer turn out. I think if we played more consistently that wouldn't be the case. The bass player thing has passed. He decided he didn't want to sacrifice his playing and he'd "work it out" Umm..Ok, if thats even possible. Got my costume all done, I'll post pics Sun or MOn. Tomorrow is gonna be insane as I'm the creative one and get to help dress up three of my friends. Mostly just makeup. One I'll ahve to do her hair as well. You'd think that would be fun, but after 3 people , dressing yourself loses its appeal.

Thank you all so much for the compliments on lil feller, he appreciates them very much!
Darcy~ You have some very handsome boys there!! Does the little one have blue eyes?
RX~ I think the exercising is the key for you. You arn't too terribly over weight to begin with and in my experience, the less I weighed the more I had to exercise dispite the calories in (unless you plan to go hungry). At 260lbs I could burn 500cals brushing my teeth!!!lol
Christi~ Such pretty girls! I'm glad your "foster" daughter is waiting to...Ya know....Those boys have gotta be scratchin' at her door already!
Jasmine~ I kinda ditto what I said to RX. Now your at that "not nearly so unhealthy" stage in your weight loss and will have to change it up. In my experience, it simply will not come off as fast as it once did....short of being pretty uncomfortable.
Lauren~ Thats such a bummer. Sounds like the providers don't wanna be so seriously involved in the aspects of his condition. Or maybe "intimate" is a better word. Big squeeze!!
Karen~ Velcro baby!!! ROFLMAO!!
Mel~ Congrats!! I wish I was as patient as you are! Slow and steady wins the race! Its too bad I have the attention span of a Goldfish.
Christina~ I'm a caffine addict myself...Gve it up early in this battle only to pick it back up about 2 months ago. Yeah, my head was killin' me. SANTA!! Thats SO original!
Bonnie Jean~ I don't know how you all do it. I initally lost 6 lbs (after all the leaving the hosp weight) only to put 8 back on due to immobility! At 8 weeks Lil feller rendered me immobile due to constantly nursing. You rock.
Molly~ We can compare notes as to why we are doing this! I was doing great...had one seriously hungry day and now all has gone to HE!!. Well, its not cheese burgers and ice cream he!! but You KWIM.

OK I'm off to locate my Ds#1 and promptly kill him. Have a nice evening.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:35 AM   #84  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi all.

Stevi, I am with ya sistah! i had one bad day and usually I can get right back on track but this time no go. I am trying again today. So far I've had one peice of toast and a bowl of cereal and of course my coffee! Also I love the pics of Logan. He is soo cute!

Lisa, it very well could be the weather. I hate this time of year! It's so dark and dreary and depressing. And it's been raining the last 2 days. I don't feel like I'm in a funk but I think it's definately underlying.

Wanna, cute pics of yours too! Joby is beautiful! I'd lock that one away!

I am so going to kick the man's butt! His new thing is taking apart his bed!! HELLO! He pulls the mattress off and there are drawers underneath with blankets in them and he reaches through the springs and pulls them out! WTF??? The kid is nuts I tell ya!

I'm attaching pics of Andrea from homecoming 2 wks ago. I can't believe she's even in HS let alone going to dances!

The first one is her and her 2 friends she went with. I wish when I was in HS that it was "ok" to just go with friends. Everything at my school was couples. OK I'm off to the shower while the man sleeps. TTYL!
Old 10-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #85  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Stevi: For your bass player, plenty of aleve, and freakin salonpas patches for his hands.

I spend enough time typing at work that causes tinglies and numbness in my hands. I've gone twice to the doc on worker's comp....got told to quit keying so much and take 500 mg twice a day of the aleve stuff. Did that for a couple of weeks with reduced keying. He needs to at least take the anti inflammitories and take it easy with OTHER stuff. I dont think he's playing 8 hrs a day...he might be...but i dunno.

I get frustrated with work b/c I'm expected to work until my hands fall off......then come home and the days i can't grip the steering wheel or turn the knob of the door to get inside the house w/o pain in my hands/arms really just bug me.

Ok happy happy, Goddess if you're out there and available TODAY PM ME!!! I'm having my card thing today and would like it if you could come If not we can always get together some other time.

Ok off to clean the house up this morning and run a couple of errands before people show up at 1. Have a good one, I'll post again later on.....
Old 10-28-2006, 11:14 AM   #86  
Just a few more pounds...

S/C/G: 226/206/165

Height: 5' 10"

Default It's my offical weigh in day!

I'm down 2 more pounds for a total of 18 pounds! So I got gutsy and thought I would try on a pair of size 16 jeans! THEY FIT!!! I am very happy because I only had two pairs of jeans that fit (one a size 18 and a pair of maternity!). So many more options now! So I am going to rearrange my clothes draws!

I am sooooo close to being in the 100's again!!! That is what I really want before Thanksgiving! It's doable, but I may be cutting it close! Hoping to be in a size 14 by New Years!

And I must say, you all have some beautiful children! So I thought I would add a few more beauties to the thread.

Here are my three -- Kathleen (4), Richard (23 months), Amanda (11 weeks).

Take care,
Bonnie Jean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg October 2006 043.jpg (33.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 10-28-2006, 12:24 PM   #87  

Height: 5'8"

Hello!

Christie~Picts of the little one are adorable and Joby...she is gorgeous! That waterfall is very pretty, is that near where you live??

Bonnie Jean~you have beautiful children too and what a busy busy girl you must be!!

Stevi~Logan.....just the most handsome little guy!! He looks so cute in both of those costumes!!! Yes, my little guy has the nicest blue eyes, I think that is about the only thing he got from me. He has DH's sense of humor-a good thing and I see my MIL's smile on him everyday. My oldest HAD deep, dark blue eyes until he was about 6 months old, then they slowly took on a hazel look and suddenly one day they were brown...like his dad's. BTW, have a great time at your costume gig!sounds like fun!

Lawrence~You really crack me up!!! I know that my day would have to start earlier if DH and I tried to measure each other, but hey, what a great way to start the day!!!

Mamabear~She's a very pretty girl! Good for her, not needing a guy to go to the dance with! That says what a strong young woman she is and will continue to be! Congrats on raising her to be a confident person!

Lauren~Hope things are going better for you with Peter's daycare.

Well, to everyone else, gotta run and get this IRS crap done for the library so we can get our Non profit status.

Darcy
Old 10-28-2006, 01:26 PM   #88  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

I am CONFUSED!!!
Yeah, alert the media, big surprise coming from me. I am down 2 lbs this morning!??! Not that I'm complaining by any means. I geuss I haven't been over doing it quite as much as I thought I was. I basically eat the same stuff daily, I've just been eating more of it the last three days. You all have GOT to try the Carb Balance Tortillas, super yummy and LOADED (AND I mean LOADED) with fiber. One of the large torillas has 84% of your daily suggested fiber. I have them with egg whites and reduced fat turkey bacon with a dash of cheese and salsa. Great breakfast. The whole thing has 375 calories, 15 carbs, and 12 grams of fat.
Holy~ He's not playing 8 hours a day, more like 4 hours a week! The problem is he's an avid surfer and a Yoga instructor. Too much of everything combined would be my geuss.
DArcy~ Lil fellers eyes are slowly turning brown as well just like Papas.
Bonnie~ YAY you!!! Funny how body types go. I'm 3 " shorter than you, weigh only a lb less and wear 14's. I can't get into all of them but the majority fit. My MIL sayd I'm very dense...Hmm..Maybe she's calling me a dumb arse?
Molly~ VERY pretty girl! I ahd the same socail crap at school. WAit to be asked and if you weren't asked you didn't go due to the SHAME!!! j/k
Old 10-28-2006, 08:16 PM   #89  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Bonnie, super cuties!! I love seeing pics of all the kids! And you guys too. It's cool to put a face with a person.

Thanks for the compliments on Andrea. She really is a pretty girl. I don't like it. lol Funny story...we were at the mall getting her dress and I was walking, then her then dh in a line. We walked past a HS kid and he dh busted him checking out the girl and gave him his intimidator look (he looks scarey but hes really a teddy bear dork lolol) and the kid about fell over. It was too funny! She has a guy who calls her but they're just friends...I think he likes her though. I'm so not ready for this!

Oh well. I am going to go watch a movie. DH went out with his buddy and Bryan is at his play, the man is in bed and the girl is outside with her buds. I'm basically alone in the house!! woo hoo. lol TTYL
Old 10-28-2006, 11:33 PM   #90  

Height: 5' 7"

Y'all dont forget to turn your clocks back an hour!
Closed Thread