Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 08:06 AM   #61  

Height: 5'8"

Morning all!

Lawrence~I wish that I had some helpful advise, but just hang in there! Keep making healthy choices and you will see great changes...atleast that is what I keep telling myself! I hope it works that way!! I see that in an earlier post you were talking about maybe using measurements to get a better idea of progress. I do that and It does help me to stay motivated (most of the time) since my weight has plateaued for SOOOOOOOO long! I measure my chest (used to measure my neck, but it is not so big anymore :yeah: ), waist and hips. Eventhough I have been gaining and losing the same 5lbs for the past year, I have managed to lose 8 inches off my waist and hips (unfortunately none came off the chest) but I'll take that as progress.

Michelle~Sorry to hear you were not feeling well and glad to hear you are better. Game sounds like fun!! Have a great time.

Christina~Way to go on the Chicken sub! Wendy's does have some healthy items, I don't know about you, but when I get in those fast food places and smell the fries.......oooooooooohhhhhh, it is so hard to resist! So, for me, just better to stay away from them! I hope that there comes a day when the smell of hot greasy fries is unappealing, but until then, just can't go there.

to Stevi, Christi, bonnie Jean, Jenniemarie, RR, Holy and everyone else! Have a great day!
Darcy
Old 10-26-2006, 09:19 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Cool Rainy Thursday morning

Well, I was supposed to be out with a bunch of derelicts from the high school doing a community service project (storm drain marking), but it is raining and the adhesive we use doesn't work when wet so we will reschedule. Oh well, can't say I'm heartbroken.

Had a good weigh-in this morning. Was down almost to what my ticker says. LOL Only 0.2 lb to go. I needed that because man, Lawrence, I feel your pain! I need to see progress (and nearly daily) to help make those hard choices (like driving past the greasy fries and cheeseburger). Hang in there buddy!

Last night was a bust. Turns out I had the wrong day for the PAT visit. It was supposed to be tonight and I misheard or something. I left a message for the lady and she called me back and was like see you tomorrow and I had to cancel as I already have a meeting tonight. The problem is that if I had known I didn't need to wait for her, I could have gotten in my exercise. But I didn't want to be downstairs on the elliptical and not hear her come. Grr...Oh well. Exercise won't happen tonight either because I have to spent the hour I have before my meeting feeding and bathing the kids so I can drop them off at my friend's house down the street so dh can pick them up on his way home an hour later. Ugh! So I guess the best I can hope for today is to try to eat well. Granola bar is sitting here for my exciting breakfast.

Darcy - agreed that it is better to just avoid fast food altogether when I am trying to peel weight off. Hard when I have two little ones that beg for McD's though. I try to make it a rare treat as I don't want them growing up with the same junk addictions I have!

Better go figure out what I need to get done this morning before my afternoon meeting with the Law Dept on my overhauled ordinances. Man, definitely a low-light of my job. Starting to believe I can't please anyone any of the time! Have a good day all!

Christina
Old 10-26-2006, 10:23 AM   #63  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Mommyof3Spuds:
Quote:
Jasmine,

I started walking and then my husband left for 2 1/2 weeks. He will be home sometime this weekend. It's hard for me to walk with the kids because they don't walk fast enough for me! So when dh is home, we go as a family and I can walk as fast as I want and dh handles the kiddos !!

I hear ya on that one! My 6 year old and usually my 8 year old can keep up with me! My two eldest can't and the youngest has toi ride in a stroller so taking them all for a family walk is agonizing! It helps to have my hubby there to round up the tail end too!

mamabear272:
Quote:
Jasmine I can certainly get you info about my b&b biz. PM off list as I don't think we're really allowed to post that kind of stuff right in the forums.
Okay you can send me a pm. I'd love to take a look at it. I'd like to venture into something like that on my own. The banana bread sounds tempting!

RXZephyr:

Quote:
Not nearly what I should be doing though. I know, I know....less talk about exercising and more action. :P
Yes less talk more action indeed!!!

Quote:
And last but not least...

Jasmine: I got such a good chuckle out of the whole exchange. Don't feel too embarrassed....in fact, I shouldn't gloat too much. Simply because of my sex, I get to burn more calories? That doesn't seem to be very fair now does it ladies? Thanks for the giggle.
Hmmppphhhh!!!!! *slams door*, *opens door & takes a peek* You men are annoying!! Not to mention the fact that when you buckle down to start losing you can lose more, faster than women. Now you get to eat like 500 more calories too??? Shame on you!!
*sits & pouts*

nail-lady:

Have a good week!!

Holyteror:

*waves back* Sounds pretty busy. I had to deep clean my kitchen over the weekend and thanx God that is over. Oven cleaning, move the fridge and deep freezer out etc.

missouripe:

What is venison? Is that deer? Yeah when my eldest two were small I tried pushing a double stroller for walking it was just too much work!!

707Goddess:

Well I am glad your son is doing better and you are feeling better too!!

Quote:
Jasmine~~ I got a good laugh yesterday when i read it i knew he was a man but it was funny cause reading it i figured you didnt dont be imbaressed i get lost on here too we are some postin mo fo's in here LOL
hahaha Yeah I felt a little bit sheepish but hey I was just trying to help!

Quote:
OH by the way im gonna be takin some pics i've been getting told ALOT latley how skinny im getting ( i dont see it ) but everyone else does so i'll post them up probably monday
Can't wait to see them!!! Have fun at the raider game! I still remember last time they lost super bowl and my ex wanted to come home(drunk) and shoot the tv!!

Mommyof3Spuds:

Quote:
And once again, I couldn't stay off the scale! (down to only twice a week now insteacd of every day!) And to my deight, I'm down another 3 pounds!!! I am very happy!
That is great congrats!!!

Quote:
I hope hubby will notice when he gets home. He know that I started it, but hasn't asked how much I have lost. 2 weeks and 16 pounds, he may or may not notice!
He hasn't said anything????

Stevi-rocks:

Sounds annoying! I used to go to Sears for mine. They used to have coupoons and such. I need to figure out something for x~mas coming up for family pics too.

JennyMarie2:

Quote:
We Will Be Going Camping In The Mountains With Hubby And Kids! Looking Forward To Spending Time With Them! Hope Ya'll Have A Great Weekend!!!!
That sounds like so much fun!! have a great time!!

squishy1234:

Quote:
Congrats to all the losers here! You rule! I laughed too about Zeph being a woman. Who is to know if you dont look closely or read closely! lol
Thanx! *blushes* Well if there are any other men in here may they speak now or forever hold their peace!! And maintaining is better than gaining!

RoadRunner:

Sounds good!

wannaBsize7:

Hello to you too!! Yeah I peeked in here yesterday too but didn't want to post til I could actually respond. Maybe next time I will do a drive by hello too!

RXZephyr:

Quote:
Alright, I really must have angered the weight loss gods over the weekend because since getting back on track this week, and having a couple of really good days (at least I thought they were) my scale is actually registering an increase in the last day! I'm losing motivation really quick, guys. For the past two weeks, I saw the occasional up and then it was always followed by a return to the downward trend. Now, not only have those losses been erased, I seem to be increasing daily.

I don't know what to do. Something's obviously wrong here. *cries*
Hmmnnnn well did you do the calculator formula? What I do is take the maintenance cals, find the maint cals for 60 minutes of exercising a day, then cut that by 1000, and eat that or a little less, that gives me a deficit of 1000 a day = 7000 a week = 2 pounds. You need to do the exercise Lawrence! It makes alot of difference!! Cheer up!!

missouripe:

Quote:
Had a good weigh-in this morning. Was down almost to what my ticker says. LOL Only 0.2 lb to go.
That is great! Keep it up!!

Well I am a bit depressed. I haven't lost anything this week. Normally I wait til wed or friday for my treat lunch but the timing was best to have it monday so we did. But I jumped on the scale today and besides that I have been good and no loss!! I am frustrated but I know I will get there by Sunday. I know we aren't supposed to have a time clock for it but I have scheduled to lose 2.5 pounds a week til I get to 150 or at least 170! I am going to kick my butt so hard these next few days. And it's nopt a matter of cals cause I wouldn't mind even slashing them to 1200 but I know that will not help me. I have lost successfully this month on 1800-1850 cal days So I am thinking 1700 would be good. If I slash to much my body won't let it go either. So I think I am going to go for 2 hours of walking each day and we'll see what happens.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:34 AM   #64  

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone, well 3 pages behind, but I guess I'll get caught up, lol. I had WI Tuesday, and was down 1.6 pounds, so I am officially one pound away from a total loss of 50 pounds, woohoo. Then yesterday I had class all day at work, I really hate sitting in class for 8 hours, it just about kills me. The only good thing about it was that i got LOTS of comments about how great I'm looking! Woohoo! That was a nice motivator and helped me to avoid all the food that was there all day!!

Today I should have Bible Study but I'm staying home to get everything done for the kids' Halloween party tomorrow, I need to clean the house, get to the grocery store, make cupcakes, get the hotdogs ready to cook tomorrow when I get home from work, put the treat bags together, and gather all the prizes together and decide what's for what. I also need to finish up my laundry, I have been soooo unmotivated to get anything done around here this week, not sure why, I'm just not feeling the housecleaning bug lol.

Jasmine, I'm sure that link will come in helpful to other people here. Don't you wish we could all have the same calorie intake as a man and still lose, lol. Sorry you haven't seen a loss this week, I gave up on giving myself a timeline long ago (I've been at this for almost 7 months now) as my body wasn't nearly as cooperative with me as yours has been so far, lol. I was getting way too frustrated with not meeting the goals I had set for myself, so now I just follow my plan and do what I know I need to do and realize that I will get there eventually if I just keep doing it. My body may not lose as fast as some, but it WILL lose. Hang in there, you'll get there, you've been doing awesome!

Lawrence, glad you found that you were doing about what you needed to be doing. I just follow what WW's tells me, although I alternate between using my flex points and not using them at all, I figure it helps to keep my body from getting used to one thing all the time. Hang in there, that scale will move again, mine goes up on occassion as well and it is really frustrating and has gotten me close to giving up myself, but eventually it always went down again. And I agree, rewards are good motivation, I have one set up to give myself at each 10% although I'm not too great at actually following through on giving them to myself, lol. I think I'd do better at it if I weren't single and someone else was helping to pay for my reward, rofl.

Stevi, can't wait to see the pictures, when you get them done again, sounds adorable. I had a bad experience at JCPenny's with pictures as well and haven't gone back since, but I've heard lots of people who have gotten good pictures at Walmart as far as a less expensive place goes, I have a 1 hour place I usually go to, but with all the kids in school I haven't been there in a long time, I need to do a family shot soon with all 4 of us. I bet your little guy looks adorable as a skunk, Noah is going to be an army man this year and I had bought Emma a Juliet type outfit with a blonde wig, but she says she wants to be a vampire again this year (I think because I am going to be one, lol). So she's going to be a blonde Juliet type vampire, lol.

Christina, WTG on the loss, sorry you didn't get your exercise in yesterday, but at least you did good foodwise!!

BonnieJean, glad dh will be home soon and you can go out walking again. Exercise is definately my biggest downfall and something I really need to get into doing more often! 16 pounds in two weeks!?! Wow, wtg! That's a lot!

Molly, how did the banana bread turn out, I LOVE banana bread but haven't had it since I started this almost 7 months ago, lol. Glad to hear that the little guy is doing well in playgroup!

Holy, have fun with your company Saturday. I am feeling so unmotivated to get everything done that I need to do here today, so good for you for doing it last night after you were already busy all day!

Michelle, that is great about your son!! I wish my oldest would refind his relationship with God, I just figure that God will keep on trying and eventually Jordan will see that he needs a relationship with Him, they have to figure that out for themselves once they reach a certain age. So glad that dh is almost done with the police academy! That is great!

JennyMarie, have a great time camping!!

Squishy, hey ya, hang in there, the motivation will come back. My daughter has a hard time with friendships as well due to being really smart (and just a lack of empathy, she's told a kid in class before, "well it's because I'm smarter than you are, I'm the smartest kid in class", oivay). When I asked her about it and said "would like it if someone said that to you?" and she said "I wouldn't care" and she is being completely honest, it wouldn't bother her one bit, she was simply stating fact, lol. She's got peers catching up to her now that she is getting older and it's a good thing, but she was pretty far ahead of everyone else in the class when she was in kindergarten and first grade.

Hey Wannabe and RR, hope everything is going well with you guys!
Old 10-26-2006, 11:50 AM   #65  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Having a rough couple of days kid-wise. Hanging in there... to everyone.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:40 PM   #66  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone.

Having a rough week here. I have an industrial strength velcro baby. Haven't been getting much sleep. Just about to hit my wall.

Anyhow, I lost four pounds! this week. Thank goodness for nursing. And cutting down on dessert and upping the exercise.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:58 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Height: 5'5"

KarenK- you are nursing still right? When I did WW my milk supply dropped a lot and kiddo ended up weaning a few mos after that. Dont lose too fast!
Old 10-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #68  

Default To Karen - Re: Velcro baby

I can so vividly remember those days (and nights). How old is dd? She looks cute as a bug in your sig pic. Dh was on nights from the week after my dd was born until she was about 5 mo old. I was basically a single mom. Went back to work PT at 6 wks and FT at 10 and dd didn't like bottles! So she would snack a little throughout the day and then wait for me so she could spend basically all her waking moments from the time I picked her up unti the time I put her to bed (and then half the night) nursing. But I still had ds to care for! He was 3 and didn't understand why I couldn't just put her down and attend to him. She lived in the sling. It was all I could do.

I always lost a fair bit of weight immediately post partum and the nursing mostly allowed me to eat like crap and maintain. Just didn't have the mental and physical oompf to diet during that time so hats off to you! Please let me know if you do have any milk supply problems. I've helped out over on the Babycenter pumping moms and breastfeeding problems boards some over the years after really fighting supply issues with ds. Be glad to help. But in the meantime, cut yourself some slack where you can - just don't go hog wild, k?

Extra - Been there and done that, Christina

P.S. Thanks for reminding me why I should probably quit while I am ahead and not have a 3rd.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:04 PM   #69  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Well, its done...I spent WAY more than I intended but thats what started the whole mess. These are my favorite poses.

I'll post more later, Lil feller is sleeping. Gotta get stuff done while I can.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:46 PM   #70  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

AWWW stevi too cute

Well im better and so is my hunger good gwad i eat half a taco salad from taco bell no red chips but still i think half is like 10 points ph well there goes my points for the day weigh in is tomarrow im on tail end of TOM so i hoping i didnt destroy a big loss by me eating today
i'll check in later
take care
Michelle
Old 10-26-2006, 05:28 PM   #71  
Just a few more pounds...

S/C/G: 226/206/165

Height: 5' 10"

Stevi -- those pics are adorable!!!!

KarenK -- I am nursing with you and I think that is a big reason I am losing so quickly! I am eating much better then I was with the other two. With them I ate a lot of crap and I think the only reason I didn't gain was because I was nursing!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Take care,
Bonnie Jean
Old 10-26-2006, 05:54 PM   #72  

Cool OMG Stevi - CUTE boy!

The pics are adorable!! My ds is going to be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle this year Dd is going to be Santa (her pick since July!). Will have to take some pics next week and try to figure out how you post them.

Almost time to go get the kiddos. Had a pretty productive afternoon which is good. I think about snacking less when I am busy. Am fighting a wicked headache. Not sure if it is caffeine withdrawal or what. Hoping it abates soon! Dreary still here so looking forward to my chili at home. Not sure what I'll feed the kids.

See ya tomorrow!

Christina
Old 10-26-2006, 09:15 PM   #73  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Here I am doin' a drive-by post. lol I'm doin so crappy and can't seem to get back on track! I can't seem to stop eating!! What the heck is up with that?? I'm not PMS-ing, not stressed, not upset. Actaully I've had a really good couple of weeks. WTF?? I'll start again tomorrow I guess. I'm wonderin' if I should go back to the beach and do the first 2 weeks to get back on track and then get back to WW again. Maybe I'll try that. I'll let y'all (not from TX fit lol) know how it goes.

Anyway to everyone!
Old 10-27-2006, 06:24 AM   #74  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Talking F is for Finally and Friday.

From the general tone of the posts (mine included) sounds like there's a bunch of us who are having a bad week for whatever reason. To everyone who's having a bad week: Read all the encouragement in the forum, even if it's directed to someone else and draw on it's strength. We've got a great support community here! (Now I just need to take my own advice! )

Friday turns out to be a good day for me as my dedication and increased activity starts to take hold. You see, while at work, I actually get out and walk at lunch hour. 4km, 45 minutes. It's been a challenge some days because, well, up here in the North it's DEFINITELY starting to get chilly. (Hope we get a little bit warmer temperatures for the little ones going around on All Hallow's next week.) But there's enough peer pressure to keep me moving most days. So, I was rewarded on the scale today with almost a 2lb drop from yesterday. I so can't wait for November 1st so I can start tracking my weight on that spreadsheet I mentioned earlier....should calm my anxiety a little without me having to give up my obsession of weighing.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THEIR WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT!

Darcy: I think I'm going to have to start taking measurements -- maybe once a week since they're a little more involved than stepping on the scale. Maybe I'll get the DW to help out with those....of course, then I could never do them in the morning. I'd definitely end up late for work then. Seriously, body shape is more important than weight....because fit people, with all their dense muscle mass, can actually weigh more than recommended and still be in better shape than someone at the recommended weight. But we all know that.

Jasmine: The calculator formula is almost bang on with what FitDay is telling me. I'm only dropping my calorie intake by 500 cals/day (3500 cals/week) to I'm only expecting to drop 1lb per week. I've tried the 1000 cal deficit before and could never stick to it. I just like to eat too much. So, the 500 cal is working for me....I just need to add more exercise than my 45 minute lunchtime walk to my program. And that's in the plans....eventually.

Melody: Yeah, I find myself looking forward to my reward, sometimes too much that I'm thinking that I deserve it now which isn't the point of the reward, is it? As for getting someone else to pay for their rewards, I WISH. Of course, that'd be an awesome idea for some of these "pay-for-use" weight loss clinics (like WW) since they do actually 'take in money'. Why couldn't they come up with a 'rewards program' where someone can select from a few choices when they hit a milestone. A few partnerships and I think it would be feasible......but I digress. And I'm good at that.

Stevi: DW and I aw'ed pretty bad over those pics. He's such a little darling. Of course, I'm wondering which one he really is - the little devil or the little stinker.

and to everyone out there too crazy busy to post!

Talk to everyone tomorrow! Keep up the good fight.

:Lawrence
Old 10-27-2006, 09:07 AM   #75  

Height: 5'8"

Morning everyone! I just wanted to share some pictures of my boys and my Superstar Soccer Team!! They did so well and I am so proud of all of them! My team picture is missing one little girl, Mariah could not make it that day.

Here is my oldest, Drew.

Here is my little guy, Alex.

And here is me and my team.

Will try to check in later today to get caught up with everyone!
Darcy
Closed Thread