Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 10:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Height: 5'5"

Default ~~30-Somethings Week of Oct 15 thread~~

Holy- rats! My DH has an affinity for running over nails and screws too. What a drag!
They get wood but no hinges! And we are in record deficit why?! You are a good woman giving that boy some privacy!
And 100 cal over! Not bad! All that and a bag of chips, as they say...

Jenny- I like the sounds of the 3 hr diet. Simple, easy, flexible. It actually sounds very similar to WW in that once you get your points level, you end up eating in a daily pattern like that.

Mamabear- OMG sounds like you had an aweful time! Worrying about health of any fam member but DH is really heartwrenching! I am glad they didnt find anything too bad and hope this is the end of it for you. Good luck getting back on track yest. My day is today!

Today I just re-looked at the USDA site at MyPyramid Tracker. It looks a little more user friendly than Fi Day and I like the whole food groups idea. It keeps me more balanced. If I am keeping up with my milk, fruit and veg intake I am less likely to chow on chocolate. I just need to find wwhat works for me. South Beach just DID NOT stop my sweets cravings. Ugh!

My dad and step mom are coming today to celelbrate dad's b-day with us! I am looking forward to it. I love them folks. t is a gorgeous (though chilly) day and foliage is peaked so a walk will be in order with them plus I think I'll walk to the barn to do stalls today too. Today is a new day!

Hope I started this thread ok! First time!
Old 10-15-2006, 10:32 AM   #2  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

I guess this is where all the action takes place.

Does anyone else out there have days when they're HUNGRY but there is nothing that sounds good? I'm having one of those and ended up skipping breakfast (save for a couple of apples) just because nothing appealed to me.

Sun is out here one the east coast of Canada with moderately mild temperatures. Might use this favorable weather to get a little end-of-season yard work done if I can motivate myself to do so.

Mom is going to be arriving late in the day tomorrow. She's visiting for the week to take care of our two adorable cats while the wife and I are off to Ottawa the following weekend. This may or may not be a challenge to keep "on target" with my calorie intake since Mom is a big fan of dining out when she's away...not to mention that I'll be dining out while out of town next weekend.

Oh well. Enough yacking. Gotta get my buns in gear.

:Lawrence
Resident Rooster
Old 10-15-2006, 11:20 AM   #3  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Hey Zeph,
I have this tree out front that does nothing but make the neighborhood messy, wanna come rake those leaves up?????

I will post later weights. Hopefully the days of walking and ab workouts will show an improvement.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:24 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I've gotta go back and catch up on some reading, but just wanted to pop in and say hi!

RX, you can come do some work around here too! Are you and DW having a romantic getaway?!

Squishy, I haven't checked out that My Tracker, I don't think....will have to check it out.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:45 PM   #5  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

ok maintaining but did lose half inches in various places
Old 10-15-2006, 12:56 PM   #6  
Rooster

Holy/Lauren -
Fortunately for me, at this time of the year, there are very few mature trees in my neighbourhood which means that there are VERY few leaves to rake. Mostly the "yardwork" will involve putting down some lime and fertilizer and - if I'm ambitious (unlikely ) tiding up the flowerbeds for the winter.

And dispite your generous offer of providing me of some additional yardwork, I'll take a pass. Like you, I hate raking... That being said, I do miss the big trees around here like we had in my childhood neighbourhoods. *sighs* Oh well, just means I have to get out of town and into the woods for a walk once and a while.

Lauren -
Actually, the only reason we're going to the capitol is because a friend has a kickboxing semenar to attend there. We're using it as an excuse to visit with an old University buddy (and his wife) - like we always do when we get into town. They're recent parents (1 year old DS), but this will be the first time we've met the tyke. DW and I are looking forward to it.

All fun and games.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:19 PM   #7  
Just a few more pounds...

S/C/G: 226/206/165

Height: 5' 10"

Default Just Jumping in ...

Hello all --

Just joined yesterday and thought I'd jump in to this thread too.

Eating is going well for me, but I am having a hard time getting to exercise (I like to walk). My DH is away for two more weeks and I have 3 children, 4 and under, that make my power walk more of a mosey! I'm going to try dusting off one of those old exercise videos that I have!

Take care,
Bonnie Jean
Old 10-15-2006, 05:16 PM   #8  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Hehehe well the tree's got tons of little leaves....my problem is lack of pretty grass in the front and back yards. I saw someone putting out sod yesterday and i thought, what a great idea.........i could probably do that by myself. I might see what the cost is before I get crazy just planting grass seed before rainy seasons starts
Old 10-15-2006, 07:58 PM   #9  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Ugh. I'm tired! We had the family b-day party for the man and the girl. Andrea was thrilled with having a Cars cake. LOL I'm getting her a cookie cake for her friends party next weekend though so she'll be fine. It was just a busy busy day. We had the party at Chuch E Cheese and it was hotter than Hades there! Between chasing the man and sweating my butt off I'm sure I made up for the 3 pieces of pizza I ate. Plus I didn't eat lunch (late breakfast).

Lawrence. Glad to have you with us. And good for you taking dw out! We need that sometimes. Can you call my dh and tell him I need to go out too? LOL

Squishy, good luck on getting back on plan. We can do this girlie! Just take it one day at a time.

LOL Jean. I know what you mean about walking with little ones. LOL That's how it is when I go with the man without the stroller. also!

Everyone else !! I'm going to lay on the couch and veg! Have a great night!
Old 10-16-2006, 01:00 AM   #10  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Evening all,
I am offically MOBILE!!! I cleaned my stinky, dirty, smelly, yucky, poopy house...( Ok maybe it didn't really smell) I was crakin' the whip I tell ya!! Then it was off to Ikea. Lil Feller LOVED it. That place is freeekin' Ji-normous. We needed a new upright dresser drawers for our room. Poor DH is assembling it now. ( For those who don't know, Ikea is a Swedish furniture store that is very inexpensive but you load it and you assemble it.) Right as I was collaspting on the couch my phone rang and I forgot I had rehearsal...Flew out of the house and arrived 30 min late. My Bass player had some "have a seat" news..He has carpal tunnel and was directed not to play anymore by his Dr.... DAMN IT!!! Now he will have to be replaced and we will be stuck in the studio for months waiting for the new guy to learn all 60 songs. I'm gonna miss him. As far as my Plan... WHAT PLAN???? Argg. And I can't exercise for another week.

Lawrence~~ We don't get many fellers here...Welcome! Have a carrot.....
Bonnie Jean~~ Welcome to you as well!! Here's your carrot.
Shout out to alll else!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:41 AM   #11  
Rooster

Default Yay! It's Monday. *sarcasm*

Well, today was my first "official" weigh in. And, tah dah...I haven't moved anything significant. I was/am frustrated, but I have to keep telling myself that I'm still trying to get into the routine and things are going to take time to get the ball rolling. Just keep on trying to watch what and how much I eat and (somehow) get a regular exercise routine into the works. Too bad I'm such a lazy bum!

Holy: Keep in mind that once you have that 'pretty grass', it'll need to be tended to. That's something that I don't actually mind doing. I find mowing theraputic and will take that ANY day over shovelling snow....which will be coming in a couple months. Anyway....sod isn't too bad. Just make sure it gets plenty of water after it goes down. Seen some baaaaaad things happen when people just toss it down and forget about it. Of course, I'm not an expert either...

Molly: Thanks. Great to be here (or, back I guess....originally joined eons ago then promptly did nothing with my membership. ). DW and I love to travel -- of course, being trapped in a car with her for 12-14 hours should be amusing. At least we've got my friend with to give her someone else to pick on. Seriously, it should be a great time.

And why does it have to be the DH's job to plan a weekend away? Ever consider planning something for the two of you yourself and then sending him a special invitation? I know I'd like that...and maybe that'd get his butt in gear and he'll take care of the next one. Hmm....maybe I'll have to drop a subtle hint to the DW about this one too. I'll probably get the but it'll be worth it.

Stevi: Thanks for the , how about a back to you. Hopefully by having a chatty guy in the forum, it'll encourage a few others to come out of the woodwork. Hope you're back is feeling better and that things work out with the new bass player....when you find one. One of my 'life long' goals is to learn how to play the guitar. I just don't know if I have a musical bone in my body.

Alright. Time to get this day started. Everyone have a great day!
Old 10-16-2006, 08:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Height: 5'5"

Hi all! Welcome Lawrence and Bonnie Jean!
Lawrence- dont let the weigh in get you down. Took time to put the weight on and will take it to get it off too. I agree witht the DW being the planner now and then. That's what my DH says anyway. I have yet to do it though! guiltguiltguilt

Bonnie Jean- I diod the tape thing too when DD was 4. It was great and she like doing it too!

Stevi- sucks about bass player left. With all those events planned!

Mamabear- lets get on the horse again. Started yest but found more chocolate so starting again today with chocolate in someone elses care. How are you doing?

To all others! Happy Monday!
Old 10-16-2006, 08:15 AM   #13  

Height: 5'8"

Morning all!

Welcome Lawrence and Bonnie Jean!

Jessamy~I am going to head over and check out the USDA tracker, sounds interesting. If you come up with any sure-fired way of kicking the sugar, please share, I have yet to conquer that myself!!! Someone told me once to try avoiding fruit (along with all other sugar) for a few days and then re-introduce the fruit only and it might help, but I can honestly say it did not sound great, so I have not tried that yet!

Stevi~So Sorry to hear about the band! Good luck in your search for a new member~hope he learns the music fast! What have you done to your back????? I missed the end of last week's thread, So I am lost now!

Mamabear~sounds like the b-day party was a good time. I know what you mean about CE cheese being so hot!! We have taken the kids a few times and it is always like a sauna in that place......so many people I guess.

Well, my weekend was dreadful! I woke up Fri morning and could not even stand up straight I was in so much pain! Called my DR and he was sure it was appendix, so sent for a CT scan. Nope, not that. So Now we are still trying to figure it out. Just stabbing pain in my side that does not completely go away and gets worse when I eat anything. I had my gall bladder out last year, was having the exact same symptoms (no upset stomach then or now, just PAIN!!) Doc gave me his cell # just in case it got worse or I needed him for anything, but it is pretty much staying the same, no new developments to report so I did not bother him. I hope this either goes away or they can figure out the problem, I hate feeling like this! I even had to miss DH's cousing's wedding this past weekend. I insisted he go and have fun and I am glad that he did, but so wish I could have been there! My parents came and took my boys for the entire weekend (that almost never happens!) and here I was in too much pain to enjoy any of it!! (Sorry to sound like such a whiner, most of you know that I am not usually so down.)

Well, I am going to try to get something productive done now, chat again soon.
Darcy
Old 10-16-2006, 09:04 AM   #14  

Height: 5'8"

Ok, here goes, don't know if this is going to work, but I am giving it a try.....

This should be a larger copy of my avatar picture. I will try to share other, more recent picts if I get it right(this one is a couple years old).

Jessamy~read your post to me from last week, I am going to PM you if I can! Thanks!
Darcy
Old 10-16-2006, 09:33 AM   #15  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Darcy, super cute family! Hope you feel better soon!

Lawrence, I suppose you're right. I shouldn't wait for dh to plan something. If I don't do it I can't be upset at him for not doing it either.

Stevi, sorry to hear about the bass player! That stinks. My friend is trying to put a new band together. The old group broke up and he hates not playing.

Squishy, yep, let's get up on our horses again! I think I've been good. LOL Haven't written stuff down but kept a tally of points in my head.

Anyway, hope you all have a great day!!
Closed Thread