Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 10:42 PM   #76  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Stevi Yes SS is a pain in the pants you might want to look up and get the 1-800 Number and call and see what they say about it make sure they even have your correct address and all they can be big pains.

I did well tonight I went for my two mile walk tonight and I did ok the only thing is I get hungry from 2 to bed any one have any suggestions on how to curb the urge to eat in the pm.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:13 PM   #77  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Stevi: Your singin my song. It seem like every EVERY time I' ve had to do something like that I get the run around. Especially with insurance companys. I guess thats why I have never taken my DD's birth certificate app to the health dept. It some how always slips my mind, and she'll be 3 in Jan. I do have her SS#, just not my own copy of her birth cert. Is this a bad thing?
Old 10-20-2006, 02:04 AM   #78  

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone, I'm still alive!! I'm sorry I haven't been around, I've been insanely busy, I worked a ton the last couple of weeks (and I can't get on at work) and so between work and kids and their activities I didn't have much time to get on the computer at all. I read all the posts in this thread for this week, but didn't see last weeks, and this week's took me forever to read, lol, it's been busy!! Welcome to the new people!! WTG on the losses, sorry for the gains.

Stevi, the picture is awesome, love it. Sorry about the bass player.

Wannabe and Molly, thanks for thinking of me!! Made me smile!!

Everyone else, I'm sorry I don't have time for individual responses, but I did have thoughts about each post I read, lol, I just don't have time to go back and read all the posts and make replies like I usually try to do, 6 pages is just too many to go through, lol.

I didn't lose anything last week (but didn't gain either which I was expecting after my 5 pound loss the week before) and was only down .8 this week, but hey, I'm ok with that, that's still 5.8 pounds in 3 weeks so hopefully next week will show a better loss...we'll see, my body isn't always the most cooperative creature on earth. I have tomorrow off work and then work all weekend, next week we have our ward "retreat"...and I just have to add, retreat is not the correct term for it as we've had one before and it's really just a big class that all the staff have to attend at one time, lol...the one good thing about it will be that it's on a day I would usually work anyway and I won't have to get up at 5am since the class starts at 8am instead of the usual 6:30am that I have to be at work, so that will be nice. Then next Friday I am letting my little ones have a Halloween party, I'm hesitant about the whole process myself, lol, and the 28th I plan on attending my cousin's Halloween party and am quite happy with my costume if I don't say so myself! Now aren't you guys so glad that I told you a rundown of my oh so exciting schedule, lol. Well for now I really gotta head to bed, stayed up late so I could catch up here, I'll pop back on again tomorrow!!
Old 10-20-2006, 05:16 AM   #79  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!
Busy little thread here!! Welcome to the Newbies...

STevie--Good luck getting the card!! Could they not have just issued a new card to U with his same number???? People make life soo difficult...I love the public!!!
Hello to alll!!!
RR
Old 10-20-2006, 06:48 AM   #80  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Thumbs up Friday, it's Friday! Friday, it's Friday!

I won't post much since I already ranted a little last night, but the scale did reward me for my behavior last night with a 1/2 lb drop to bring me closer to where I was earlier this week. Hopefully I can keep up the trend.

My mood hasn't improved all that much. I guess I really don't handle disappointment all that well. I read a little last night (finally getting around to reading the latest Harry Potter book) and was generally reclusive from DW and mum. Besides, they were all about Grey's Anatomy last night anyway.

Weekend plans are still up in the air, though the weather forecast for Sunday has certainly improved. Here's hoping it stays nice.

Welcome to all the Newer Newbies.
I'm sure you'll like it here as much as I do.

Keep up the good fight everyone.
:Lawrence
Old 10-20-2006, 08:21 AM   #81  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

ugh
i was still hungry when i got home last night. teach me to forget a good protein for dinner. so i had what was left of my pasta. i'm so tired. got to bed around 11.............up at 5 yay to workout.

have a show saturday in larkspur, then i'm coming home and probably going to bed.

fridays are really tough for me at work so let's hope I make it through the day. I will be so tired when I get home but I really need to take my honeybunch of a dog for a walk to the park. I need to walk as well. I missed out the last 2 days, wednesday I was just pooped, and yesterday I had rehearsal so I skipped my exercises. I need to find the strength to not order pizza tonight. I need to make my own LOL

I hope everyone has a great day, i know in the rest of the world fridays are a good thing.....so I hope everyone has a fantastic one.

Zeph sorry to hear bout your plans.
Mel glad to see you zoom in and out!
Stevi your work is incredible!!
Goddess: Saturday the 28th at my house!!! I promise to make healthy snacks.
To all the newbies and everyone else I missed: Welcome, Happy Friday, and YAY for the weekend!!

Last edited by Holyteror; 10-20-2006 at 08:42 AM. Reason: done with workout
Old 10-20-2006, 09:17 AM   #82  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
We USED to have moderators as well...where oh where are LAuren and Karen??! Miss you!
Sorry Guys!! I'm such a loser...and not in the good, dieting type way! I have been scanning/reading when I can...at least once a day. Just seems everytime I try to concentrate and post more than a flyby "hi", work or kids get in the way! I promise I'll try and be a better mod! (It's a good thing we don't tend to have trouble-makers on our thread!)

It's supposed to be my "early Friday" today, after taking 1/2 hr. lunches all week, so we'll see if I can get out of here at 3.

Love You Guys!!
Old 10-20-2006, 09:39 AM   #83  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Melody!!!! SO glad your back.... MIssed you :0)

Rx... Cheer up!! It'll get better

Holy, Making your own pizza. Good Idea, I should write that down.

Going shopping today. GOing with mom, and my 15 year old wannabDD :P and my little dd
Old 10-20-2006, 09:58 AM   #84  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Stomach Flu!!!

Good morning...I am back from the depths of stomach bug ****. I've been so busy at work (one of our biggest customers came in) that I've been ignoring my upset stomach. I came into the office yesterday morning around 7:45 and promptly threw up and went back home....sorry if TMI. I spent all day yesterday in bed. I feel much better today. I'd love to say that I could see evidence of my illness via the scale, but unfortunately not. Oh well....

Welcome to all newbies!!!!!

I expect a really busy day today, so I will try to post later.....

Happy Friday!!!!!

Fondly,
Fit
Old 10-20-2006, 10:31 AM   #85  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

wannaBsize7

She looks adorable!!!

JennyMarie2
Quote:
Jasmine: I think your doing great! Going to low won't help either, Your on the right track! You go girl.....

Thanx hun!! It is such a struggle to try to figure out what works and what doesn't. But it is worth it.
I hope all goes well with the MIL!!

mamabear272
Quote:
Jasmine! Just jump right in! i'm a sahm too. I'm actually a wahm but my biz hasn't quite taken off like I'd like yet. LOL But I'll get there!
Hi mamabear!! Yeah kids are great. My new hubby and I think in a year or so we might have one more. All the kids are mine with my ex though new hubby claims them. lol It still would be nice to have one of our very own, ya know? WHat kind of work do you do at home?

Stevi:
Quote:
OK...WTH....
Went to the Social Security office and MAN What a bunch of Buttholes! RUDE with a capital RRRRR!!! The security guy (renta cop) tells me as I walk in " you need to go to the machine there and take a #...." In the most condesending tone, like I KNEW what to do?! Its justa kiosk sitting there, no signs, no instructions. Oh and NO food, No drinks, no guns (der)..My cell rang abnd I answered it, the renta cop jumps up and tells me "NO CELL PHONES!" I answer " I didn't see a sign!" He said "there's a big one right over there..." Yeah, right over on the BOTTOM of his desk the size of a sheet of paper. Freekin' MORON! Then My # gets called and the lady dosen't even look at me. She tells me my son's # was sent out FEB 28TH!!!! I ask " does that mean its probably stolen and being used by someone?" No answer. Again, "excuse me, does that mean its probably stolen???" She says "here, call these #'s" No explaination...nothing. The #'s she gave me are to the 3 credit bureaus. I need to call and have his # "RED FLAGGED" at no cost to me ......FOR THE 1st 90 DAYS! What a freekin' nightmare.
Oh I hear ya hun! My purse got stolen in June with all my and my kids cards!!!

Butterfly!:
Quote:
I get hungry from 2 to bed any one have any suggestions on how to curb the urge to eat in the pm.
Are you not eating after 2 p.m.?

Hi Melody and Roadrunner and Holyterror and Firtafter4!! Thanx for the welcome!! Hi to anyone else I missed!!

Okay so I felt like I was on a binge yesterday. The day started off bad with no fruit for breakfast, as my usual. I wound up having a serving and a half of baked fries around 10:30, a slimfast around 12:00, coffee before noon! But I was still hungry so I had a half sandwich witha tsp of pb and was still hungry so made half more. I had made some chicken in the oven for the enchiladas but when it was done cooking I wanted it!! I told myself to go ahead and eat it, instead of binging on something else1 So I had 5 oz of that. Then I felt fine. I kept stalling on my walk so didn't wind up going. The hubby came home I didn't even feel like cooking. So he made hot dogs for the kids. I had one huge hot link in a tortilla with mustard. Later I had a bagel with 2 tbs of FF cream cheese.

My cals ended up at 1672, fat was 32%, carbs were 43%, protein was 24%. Still not bad considering I was off track. The cals didnt get too high and the fat wasnt too bad. I am down to 221 this a.m.

Today is supposed to be my eating out day so I will go at luch. I need to get 1 more pound off before sunday!!! I need to walkk this off!!
Old 10-20-2006, 11:23 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Jasmine- looks like those fruits and veg are key for you too! I am just figuring that out too. I tried South Beach but I think depriving all the carbs made me go crazy. I'd rather eat fruit every day than bags of candy every other week! I put things in the way of walking too.

RX- So sorry to hear about the trip. I like the sounds of day trips esp the winery idea! lol How about a day spa or a night in a nice hotel with a hottub and swimming pool!

Fit -Sorry to hear about the bug. Glad you held off the vomitting for after the big customer! Looks like you and NailLady need stocks in chicken noodle soup!

Wannabe- have a great shopping day. I am sure the wannabdd will love it too and that your dd will love having her along!

LBH and Mel- welcome back!

Holy- I made pizza last night! I put whole wheat flour in the crust and just sliced onion on my part. Yummy! So sweet! i made the edge of the crust too think but that was good cause I didnt eat it all then. It was fun and yummy! Then we topped off dinner with apple crisp. Its a fruit right? Hehe. I DID substitute 1/2 of butter with canola oil in the topping though. patpatpat on back(-:

Butterfly- string cheese, carrots dipped in PB, waterwaterwater, a walk, a salad my defenses against the munchies!

Just got back from the barn, now off to shower and be Betty Housecleaner! YUCK! I hate it! At least I did the dump run this am and only have one to go on the way to getting dd at school. The joys of country living... no curbside!

Raking with DH this weekend if it stops raining and dries out a bit. I hate raking too. _itch, bit_h
Old 10-20-2006, 12:10 PM   #87  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hiya Lauren. LOL Yes it's a good thing we're not an unruly bunch here. lol Hopefully things will slow down for you soon!!

Mel!! glad to see you back!! We missed you! Sorry that you're busy too. lol

Fit, sorry to hear you're sick. That's so no fun. Rest this weekend and let someone else take care of the house! You need that.

Jasmine, I had 2 kiddies from a previous relationship but my dh has bought and paid for mine too. He officially adopted them on Jan 3 of 2002, then we had one of our own 2 yrs ago. So my kids are 15, 13 and 2. LOL I've been a sahm mom since the man was born (we call him that cause the man runs the house lol). I have 2 projects that I work on. I have one site where I sell bath & body stuff and I make jewelry for that site. Then I just started a new one where I paint canvas tote bags. That's brand new though and I only have one bag on it. LOL

Lawrence, you could take a weekend away or even a night. I agree with squishy on that one!

Holy, again my hat's off to you for getting up at 5 am. I just don't get that. I'm more of a night person than a morning one. Yuck. lol

OK I'm out for now. I'll be back later.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:00 PM   #88  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Good morning,
I'm On a roll!! I've been on plan two whole days! I should be over the hump after today. Amazing how stinkin' sleepy ya can get when you restrict your intake. Protein works wonders. As far as Lil Feller's SS#, He was given the same #. They will not give you another unless you can prove the original is being used fraudulently...So Great! (sarcasm). I did call the credit bureau's and "red flagged" his #. Would really suck if he had bad credit before he could walk.
Mel!!!!! Nice to see ya! Glad your seeeing losses no matter how small. Sorry your so busy!
Molly~ That is so cool, your DH adopting your 2. My half sister was never able to be adopted by my father because her father wouldn't allow it.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:06 PM   #89  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

OK, I have read and tried to catch up!

Bonnie Jean -

RX - My DH would never plan a surprise getaway and if I did, it wouldn't be a surprise, because he's not into them...wish he would realize I AM though!
Doing any more painting? Oh and I don't update my stats unless I have a loss!! I'm soo bad! I was glued to Grey's Anatomy last night too...

Darcy - How are you feeling?

Jenny - Love the dessert idea! How's your MIL today?

Christi - No more letting DH shop! Why bother losing 15 lbs. before getting PG??

Squishy - You work too much!

Molly - Glad play group went well! What euchre club??

Stevi - ARGH! Sorry about the gain. Did you take pics of your "new" bathroom?

Jasmine - Looooong ago we used to have "official" WI's and exercise reporting. Haven't don't anything official in a long time, but we always love to here of the progress!

Holy - Glad you got to talk to DH.

Bonnie (#2!) -

Mel - Good to see you! You've got to put a smiling pic in your avatar though! You look mad or sad or something.

Fit - Hope you're feeling better now!

Anyone I didn't mention,
Old 10-20-2006, 01:14 PM   #90  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

TGIF I am so glad that it is finally here. well I spent the morning doing Leslie Sansone . I wasnt feeling it when I started but then I ended up doing the whole 6 miles and now Iam feeling great. Thanks to everyone on the eating suggestions. I do eat after 2 but I still get the wants for the stuff that I know I shouldnt have and it get terrible sometimes. I better be going I ahve soo much to do before the kids gets home from school and its already after 1pm .
Closed Thread