Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 12:26 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Height: 5'5"

Hey Butterfly!
My dh's fam is like that. He said just last night after I told him his sis called to have something fixed that " Good thing I'm not a brain surgeon or they'd never call me!"

Well, I try to look at it like At least I lost a total of 4 lbs rather than gaining 4 lbs. It is a heck of a lot harder losing than gaining!

We are all here for you! This is an awesome group of people all out to help out and give and get support when we need it! Stick around!

My dd is 8 too and my step dd is 18 in 4 weeks and step ds is 19.

gotta run!
Old 10-19-2006, 12:42 PM   #62  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Mornin!
Thanks for all the compliments!
Went to that Magician of a Chiropractor yesterday. I think I'm in love.....He's about 65 and married but I'm smitten none the less...lol Gotta go apply for Lil Feller's SS# in a bit. Something went wrong at the Hosp..So now I gotta get it done. The geust bath looks much prettier now. I bought new curtains, rugs and towels to honor our new floor. Me likey, DH says "its too girly!" Wait'll I re -do the bedroomm...he he...Diet, I did pretty good yest as it was my offical day back at it. I am just writing everything down cuz Fitday gets on my nerves all that inputting and crud...I tallied it this morning and I ate less than 900 calories! Opps. Didn't seem so little. It was the choices In think. All FF this SF that. Won't kill me for a few days anywho. Mel hasn't been on since Oct. 4th....I hope all is well.
Christi~ Maleificent is a drawing. I use Prisma color pencils. They are alot harder tahn a pastel but much softer than a reg colored pencil. They also color over each other and blend...Love em! YAY on being sore! I can't wait to get back at it next week.
Goddess~Skinny jeans...Ummm...NO. ALL of my figure flaws are below the belt. Yesh, great idea, put on the TIGHTEST pair of pant I can find (enter sarcasm)...I don't think so. My DS#1 likes them though. The boots would definetly help only I have 13' calves! I can NEVER get high boots....it SUCKS!
Holy~ Your a beast!! You do so much! BUSY BUSY GIRL!!! Glad you heard from DH. I'd be so lonely. Mine can't leave over night, I can't sleep!
RX~ You have the advantage here, Men lose weight faster (and easier!) than women. Your doing famously! Oh and, 2 years to get a 45 min job done?? Tisk tisk...
JAsmine~ Welcome!! I've seen you around. I'm a SAHM as well.
WElcome Butterfly!!!
We USED to have moderators as well...where oh where are LAuren and Karen??! Miss you!
Old 10-19-2006, 01:31 PM   #63  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Butterfly You've come to the right place for support!! Glad to have ya. The key to weight loss success is... DON"T GIVE UP. Even if you have a bad day or even a bad week, Just jump back in there. You know if you give up completely, you will not only gain the weight back, you will gain MORE. Its a know fact. So no matter what slow and steady wins the race. Even .5 lbs a week is better then gaining 2 lbs a week right? So, keep up the good work, it sounds like you're on the right track already. What kind of program are you on?

You go Squishy!! Never doubted you for a min!!

prisma colored pencils HMMMMM, I learn so much from you. It makes me feel better that it is a drawing. I was looking at the details, and thought "there is NO way I could do that" but maybe with a pencil.... well, with a lot of practice that is. I would LOVE to take some art classes. Its worth looking into anyway.

I have some pastel's around here some where, but I never really got the hang of them (I never tried too hard either though)
I plan to hit hobby lobby tomorrow. I want to get some canvas', and maybe some paint. But the acrylics are all I've used, and oils are expensive (I've never used them before).

I saw these wooden plaques in walmart craft section. I thought they would be just the thing for the my little pony scene. And would work well with the paint I use. And I was thinking about doing some classic pooh nursery wall art. I've sold bedding in classic pooh that has done really well on ebay. Worth a try...

Sorry to talk your ear off, but your the only one I know that's "into" this sorta thing.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:23 PM   #64  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Jasmine ~~ welcome again and hang around this group you'll get sucked in as i did you wont be able to leave it's such a great bunch here
Thanx hun! I love all the girls on 3fc already. It's like one big family!!

Hi Squishy and butterfly!!

Quote:
JAsmine~ Welcome!! I've seen you around. I'm a SAHM as well.
Hi Stevi! I noticed you are in cali too! I am about 30 miles south of Barstow. Where are you at??
The older kids are all in school thank God so it is just Katy and I during the day. She will be 3 in December.

Okay so this has been a strange week for me. I am calorie counting and use fitday. I also rely on this: Womens Nutrition Health Guide

Since I have been tracking my averages this month of cals:

The first week I averaged 1850 a day weekly(with 60 minutes of walking, 6 days a week)

The second week I averaged 1880 a day weekly(with 60 minutes of walking, 6 days a week)

I have lost 2.5 pounds a week so that is good. This is what I eat on a typical day:

Breakfast:

1 apple, 1 orange, half a grapefruit, 1 banana, sometimes I'll add strawberries or blueberries but I make this into a smoothie with Ice!

Lunch:

1 slimfast, 2 oz of tuna(in water) w/ 1 tsp of light mayo, 1-2 slices of whole wheat bread. I only do tuna maybe 1-2 a week, you have to be careful w/ the mercury! Or I have a little bit of peanut butter on the bread.

snack: 1 yogurt or 1 serving of total(no milk) or honey bunches of oats(no milk)

Dinner:

It varies. I try to do boneless skinless chicken breast with 1 cup of rice (I am working on switching to brown)and brocolli and carrots 3 times a week. One nite, usually Sunday, I will have red meat like low fat roast or a steak with 1 cup of mashed potatos and a vegi.

The other nites I will have bean and cheese burritos w/ spanish rice, go easy on the cheese, sometimes use mozarella. Or once every few weeks we will have lasagna(in moderation) or chicken enchiladas(in moderation) . I usually have to have tacos at least once a week or I freak! lol With chicken though. I use olive oil to fry the shells in. Once a week I will go out to eat for lunch and I tell myself I can have whatever I want! I remember even last year that would mean a 1/4 cheeseburger with fries and onion rings and sugary soda and lots of ranch and thousand island! But I have since cut out sugary soda completely! It's just not worth it! If we go out to eat at a nice rest., I will have a salad w/ ranch, (which is like once a month) Plus a burger and fries. But I don't dip the fries in the ranch or thous. island no more and actaully seldom even get onion rings any more. Next time we go, I am going to see if hubby just wants to split the fries with me and our daughter who is 2. Last time when we went out to eat I gave her 1/4 of my burger and that shaves cals off right there!! Him and I and her had split one fry and 1 onion ring and even brought onion rings home for the other kids cause there were so many but next time I go I think the 3 of us will just share 1 fry.

Anyhow, I just thought I would let everyone know a little more about me and my eating habits. As I get to under 200 I might need to reduce the cals a bit and the strangest thing is happening. This last week i got sick. It was really bad for one day and just so - so the next. But it really threw a wrench in my eating and I was actually worried about eating enough!

Sunday was 1836 cals

Monday was 846!!! (I was sick!)

Tuesday was 1497 (still low for me!)

Wednesday was 1414 (STILL low for me!) That is a total of 5593 divided by 4 days = 1398 cals a day on average!! That is a big drop from the last few weeks!

On the one hand I haven't had my day out yet. (The last two weeks I goofed and actually had TWO days out each, one day with burgers, next w/ nacho bell grandes, my other passion!!) I havent kicked myself though cause i am still losing my 2.5 a week and the big thing with me is this is NOT a diet, it is a new healthy way of eating so it has to be livable for me.

Okay, but all this being said, I am actually very tempted to maybe try to get to a lower calorie range. Sunday is my major weekly weigh in day and that will be a big determining factor.

Oct 1 ~ 228.5
Oct 8 ~ 226
Oct 15 ~ 223.5

Okay so the kicker here is I am already at 221.25. I really think I can get to 220 by Sunday which would be a 3.5 pound loss this week instead of the normal 2.5. So I think I am going to try to keep my cals lower this week, only eat out once and if I do lose an extra pound then I am going to try for another similiar week. Where is fiddler? IS she in this group? Cause she says she is losing 4 pounds a week and I really wonder if I apply myself more if I can at least get to the 3.5 pound a week pt. That would be awesome1

So that is what i am up to. I have been torn the last few days. I have been wanting chicken cheese enchiladas for a week but then got sick, and now when I told myself to just do it tonite, then I remind myself of my goal, and the fact that I am also going to be eating lunch out tomorrow and I really want to get to 220 by Sunday! What to make, what to make! I was already bad this a.m. I normally only do fruit til noon then have my slimfast and sandwich and coffee. But I forgot to get more fruit yesterday so I had a few baked fries and I really want a grilled cheese for lunch(which I rarely ever do any more) but the main thing stopping me is I want to be good. I am putting it all in fitday and my normal daily goal is to stay within 30%fat or lower and 20% or more protein. I can make any of this work if I want to but idk, maybe I should just try to have another reeally good day. *big sigh*

What is everyone making for dinner tonite?
Do you all have a weekly weigh in day?
Old 10-19-2006, 02:32 PM   #65  
I AM healthy!

Quote:
I bit the bullet and hit the scale this morning...NO BUENO. I'm up 3 lbs!!!! Geez. I just had a new bathroom floor installed with new tile so now my scale is really consistent. I weighed 4 times in 4 different places and it was 213 every time. I geuss thats a good thing....I liked it better when I could take the lowest of 5 trys!!! I'm gonna go all protein for the next two days and then go back to controling my calories and carb/fat intake. I think I'm ready to hit it hard again. Been at this 6 months...with 5 weeks off.
That is a very nice painting!!! Can't wait to see the next one!!!
Get back on the wagon hun! Check out my womens health link if you haven't already. My head became so much more clearer after seeing that!! You can do it!! You and I are close in weight although our heighth's are different. What weight do you want to get to??
Old 10-19-2006, 04:21 PM   #66  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Thanks you everyone for making me feel welcome. WannaBsize7 I am currently doing the Biggest Loser Diet plan and I like it. I get a variety of foods and I like that. I havnt been able to work out today becasue my 2 children are home sick from school today but I will be up bright and early tomorrow. I did try my treadmill but something wrong with it it acts like the motor is losing power. I guess it about to retire. Not too bad I have had it for about 4 years maybe 5. Time to get a new one. Again I want to THANK everyone for making me feel welcome and I will be back.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:34 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 186/169/150

Height: 5'7

Smile

Hi everyone! Just wanted to drop in to see how everyone is doing? I had a good day today despite the drizzle of the rain!!! I went to Wendy's for lunch and Had a small chilli with a side salad/lite honey mustard dressing.....It was so....good! And for only 2.10, what a bargain! I love the dollar menus!lol
Jasmine....HI! I have been counting calories for awhile. I eat about 1400 calories a day. I usually have breakfast, a snack, lunch, a snack, dinner, This has been great for me to keep my metabolism up all day. I write everything in a food journal, and I drink ALOT of water!!!! I quit all sodas and fruit drinks. My average meals are something like this: Breakfast 7am Oatmeal with 1/2 banana with 2tbsp of pecans and splenda brown sugar with 4oz of OJ.{I drink 10oz of water sbefore my meals and after my meals} Snack at 10am Pria snack 110cal.{very good!} 1pm Lunch Chili side salad with lite dressing, Snack 4pm Yogurt with fruit, Dinner 630pm Veg stir fry with chicken and brown rice with duck sauce and for dessert I like graham crackers with coolwhip frozen! Its like a icecream sandwhich. I have crystal lite water usually once a day, and sip on plain water the rest of the day!
But congrats on your weightloss!!! That is great! I have a friend who calculated her caloric need by a formula in a 1970's Betty Crocker cookbook. It was your weight x15-1000 that equals how many calories you need to lose about 2lbs a week. Now she lowered her 15 to about 13 because she did not exercise, but this worked for her and she lost about 45lbs. This may help give you a estimate on how much you need?! Not everyone is the same so you need to find what works for you. I'm between 177-178 right now and it took awhile for me to find what worked for my body. I was eating 1200 and it wasn't enough and several posters told me to up that and when I did I started losing! So maybe with all the suggetions you'll find what works for you! Lots of luck!!!!

Hope everyone had a great day! Sorry for the long post......

Last edited by JennyMarie2; 10-19-2006 at 04:39 PM. Reason: left out a word
Old 10-19-2006, 04:40 PM   #68  
I AM healthy!

SOunds good Butterfly.

Well Jenny that is great! Yeah I know what is working, just seeing if I can tweak it to lose more. lol I don't want to go to low though cause I know that also wouldn't work! haha My hubby called on his lunch and said he does want enchiladas for dinner so I will be making them. mmmmmmmm I think 1400-1700 is probably a good range for most women to lose.

My Aunt is doing 1200 and not losing so I told her she might want to up it a bit too. I also want to leave myself a chance to go lower later if need be.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:46 PM   #69  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Jasmine, My DD will be 3 in january

Butterfly: I watched BL last season. What a great show! I haven't been able to watch this year...

Jenniemarie... I love wendys, they are great for dieters.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:05 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 186/169/150

Height: 5'7

Jasmine: I think your doing great! Going to low won't help either, Your on the right track! You go girl.....

Wanna: I just recently discoved the whole wendy's meals!!!! LoVE Them! lol
I like subway too. You too are doing great this week!!!! Ya'll are quite the inspiration!

Goddess: I'm counting calories and kinda doing the Jorge Cruise diet.....It's working pretty good!

Well I need to go......Prayers for my MIL she is having gallblader surgery in the am I'll try to log on tomorrow.....bye and have a wonderful nite!
Old 10-19-2006, 05:18 PM   #71  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi all!!

Bonnie!! Sorry to hear about the family! I know what ya mean though. I have some like that. Luckily I come from a big family and they're not all like that.

Jasmine! Just jump right in! i'm a sahm too. I'm actually a wahm but my biz hasn't quite taken off like I'd like yet. LOL But I'll get there!

I know, I know, mom of a little one doesn't get to sleep. LOL I have 2 olders too and i was doing well with sleep then got the baby bug and I had enough time to forget. lol I wouldn't trade the man for the world though!!

I had a pretty good day. I have euchre club tonight (a group of ladies I used to work with) and we eat so I'm going to have an apple before I go. I had a pb& j too. Hopefully I'll eat less tonight for that. OK gotta run. I'll talk to you all later.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:39 PM   #72  
Just a few more pounds...

S/C/G: 226/206/165

Height: 5' 10"

Just a quick note to say high! Took the kids to McDonald's today! Had a Asian Chicken Salad and didn't realize that they put dressing on it before I got it! YIKES! But over all, I don't think it blew my day away.

Hope you are all well!

Take care,
Bonnie Jean
Old 10-19-2006, 06:47 PM   #73  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Unhappy All good plans must come to an end....

The trip has been cancelled.

Recall that my friends were sick - Strep Throat - which meant that we were left looking for alternate accomodations. The person the DW and I were travelling with could not afford the additional costs incurred by a hotel and, without our travelling partner, we can't really afford to make the trip alone.

We're probably gonna replace the "big trip" with some shorter "day trips" and maybe even an overnighter sometime. However, the weather is supposed to be really crappy all weekend. That kinda excludes any outdoor activities, though mom has suggested that perhaps we might do a local winery tour and sample the wares. Who knows.

Regardless, I'm feeling REALLY bummed out right now. I guess the only thing "good" to come out of this has been that I have refused to give in and eat to feel better. I guess I know that I'd just regret it in the end.

I just hope my willpower lasts until the end of the night and that I'm feeling a little more upbeat in the morning.

I'll talk to you all in the morning. Have a great night folks.

:Lawrence
Old 10-19-2006, 08:28 PM   #74  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

OK...WTH....
Went to the Social Security office and MAN What a bunch of Buttholes! RUDE with a capital RRRRR!!! The security guy (renta cop) tells me as I walk in " you need to go to the machine there and take a #...." In the most condesending tone, like I KNEW what to do?! Its justa kiosk sitting there, no signs, no instructions. Oh and NO food, No drinks, no guns (der)..My cell rang abnd I answered it, the renta cop jumps up and tells me "NO CELL PHONES!" I answer " I didn't see a sign!" He said "there's a big one right over there..." Yeah, right over on the BOTTOM of his desk the size of a sheet of paper. Freekin' MORON! Then My # gets called and the lady dosen't even look at me. She tells me my son's # was sent out FEB 28TH!!!! I ask " does that mean its probably stolen and being used by someone?" No answer. Again, "excuse me, does that mean its probably stolen???" She says "here, call these #'s" No explaination...nothing. The #'s she gave me are to the 3 credit bureaus. I need to call and have his # "RED FLAGGED" at no cost to me ......FOR THE 1st 90 DAYS! What a freekin' nightmare.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:37 PM   #75  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

YAY! We're all having a great day, eh Stevi?

At least it's almost bedtime here on the east coast.
Closed Thread