Old 10-12-2006, 06:21 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Question Any Room for a 30-something rooster amonst the chicks?

I haven't seen too many postings from guys on the forum, but I thought what the heck...

Any room for a beast amonst the bevy of beauties? Even better - are there any other beasts hanging out that I haven't seen or lurking in ths shadows?

Or am I the only rooster in the hen-house?

Last edited by RXZephyr; 10-12-2006 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Adding Signature (I hope)
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:05 PM   #2  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey there! Rooster or hen, were all here for the same reason... to lose some weight!
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:59 AM   #3  
Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaBsize7 View Post
Hey there! Welcome! Rooster or hen, were all here for the same reason... to lose some weight!
You're right on that one! After a couple of failed attempts over the last couple of years, I want to get off on the right foot and get'er done. Finding a supportive community and setting realistic goals seemed to be the right way to get the ball rolling.

Here's a question out to everyone: with the winter months fast approaching, I'm not sure what I'll be doing for exercise. Normally I pound the pavement and go for some good walks, but with cold weather around the corner, I won't be doing that anymore. Anyone else out there have ways to keep their exercise levels up while the cold hits?

:Lawrence
Old 10-13-2006, 09:49 AM   #4  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Yeah, I don't think I would want to walk in Canada either. BRRRRRR. I've been there alot, and in the winter, it hurts to even breath outside. I live in the south, and it never gets THAT cold, and with a jacket, you can go out all year around.

We do have a treadmill though. How about videos? I would highly recommend joining a gym if you could fit it into your schedule. That is how my DH and I lost weight the first time around.

What type of eating plan do you have? I'm on WW and loving it 'cause you can have many different types of food. Basically nothing is off limits. Also, have you trued fitday. Its great for counting cal.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:05 PM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Lawrence!

There's always room for one more! I think there's a few guys around on the site.

As for exercise, do you have access to a gym? Do you work F/T? Is your building big enough to do laps around the inside? How about a mall?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:28 PM   #6  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Hi lawrence yes there is room we usally post up in the top of 30 somethings WEEK OF thread thats where we all hang out jump in we'd love to have a rooster to our hen house LOL
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:44 PM   #7  
Rooster

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think I would want to walk in Canada either. BRRRRRR. I've been there alot, and in the winter, it hurts to even breath outside.
Actually, the scary part is that we DO continue to walk outside for as much as we can. I think us Cannucks have ice in our blood sometimes - though it DOES sometimes get to be too much. What USUALLY keeps us off the sidewalks is the abundance of snow making the walking area too small OR there just being too much ice. I mean, I'm wearing boots, not skates.

Quote:
I live in the south, and it never gets THAT cold, and with a jacket, you can go out all year around.
Ah, but you have other problems where it just gets simply too warm during the summer to even think about being outside without frying.

Quote:
How about videos?
Oh yeah. I have lots - my favorite being Star Wars...er....oh wait. You PROBABLY mean exercise videos, right? My wife has one she does with her exercise ball but I don't really But that don't seem to excite me. Maybe I just haven't found the right video. *shrugs*

On the topic of videos, I've been looking for a good meditation video but haven't found anything to my liking....

Quote:
I would highly recommend joining a gym if you could fit it into your schedule. That is how my DH and I lost weight the first time around.
Gyms. Blah. You know what I hate about the gym? The time limit on the treadmill. Unless you're there at a time when it's not busy - and that's either REALLY late at night or REALLY early in the morning - you can only use the treadmill for 30 minutes. I'm looking to put in at least an hour. Walk walk walk walk walk walk walk walk....and that's only until I can run.

I do have a small weight set at home that I have been known to use, but we're in the middle of basement renos at the moment (where I work out) so there's really no place for me to do that.

On the plus side, once we are done the renos and have the space, my wife and I want to get a treadmill or eliptical for ourselves. But that won't be for a few months (which probably means years) yet. Gotta make plans on getting these buns moving today.

Quote:
What type of eating plan do you have?
Eating plan....er....I plan to eat every day?
Seriously, I don't really have an actual plan picked out other than counting calories. I was going to find one of those calculators out there on the internet and see how many calories I need to maintain my current weight and then see how many I need at my target weight and come up with some kind of gradual decrerease in caloric intake.

I tried the Atkins Diet - which allowed me to shed almost 25 lbs before I feel off the bandwagon while on vacation. (Cruising and Dieting does NOT work no matter WHAT people day. ) When I tried to get back on Atkins when I got back, I just couldn't get through the first phase again. So, I've decided that counting calories & watching white sugar and white flower intake is probably the best, new, plan.

Of course, I'm open to suggestions if people have found something that really works for them. WW, however, has NEVER appealed to me. Don't know why.

Quote:
Also, have you tried fitday. Its great for counting cal.
I have used fitday on a couple of my recent, failed attempts.
I'll probably use it again if I end up doing the calorie counting thing...

Old 10-13-2006, 04:55 PM   #8  
Rooster

Quote:
Hi Lawrence!
Thanks! Glad to be here.

Quote:
I think there's a few guys around on the site.
Maybe I'll bring out a few of the 30-something lurking guys out there. Let them know it's alright to come out and participate!

Quote:
As for exercise, do you have access to a gym?
I'm lothe to pay for access to a gym since the equipment is always crowded at the times when I want to use it. I'd have to go home and come back later at night to be able to get reliable access to it. Sucks.

Quote:
Do you work F/T?
Yup. F/T Desk Job, 9-5. So, not really physically active on the job.

Quote:
Is your building big enough to do laps around the inside? How about a mall?
Conincidently, our office tower is connected to a mall which could be used for "laps". However, the teen aged kids also find that this mall is convienient (we're withing walking distance for TWO high schools) so the hallways are walwys clogged. Even outside of the normal lunch hour. (I'm constantly surprised as to how many kids never seem to have school....) A little bit of an "excuse" but you don't see any 'mall walkers' in this complex for exactly this reason.

Thanks for the welcome! Look forward to chatting in the future!

Old 10-13-2006, 05:03 PM   #9  
Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707Goddess View Post
jump in we'd love to have a rooster to our hen house LOL
I'm sure I'll come on up there and harass y'all once I've made a general nusance of myself down here.

Seeya soon, I'm sure!

Old 10-14-2006, 06:38 PM   #10  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

WW never appealed to me either. My husband and I used to practically live in the gym (no time limit there) prebaby. Now though WW is much more realistic. I can't take my DD to the gym where we live now.

About the weather, well, everywhere you live there is a downside
Old 10-16-2006, 04:48 PM   #11  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXZephyr View Post
Even better - are there any other beasts hanging out that I haven't seen or lurking in ths shadows?
Hey, bro!

Technically, I belong to the 20-Somethings forum, but only for another year. Maybe we need a MENS' forum, too!
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:52 AM   #12  
Rooster

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman1 View Post
Hey, bro!

Technically, I belong to the 20-Somethings forum, but only for another year. Maybe we need a MENS' forum, too!
See? I told you that they'd start to creap out of the woodwork.

A "men's forum", huh? I dunno. I kinda like hanging out with all these chicks. Just don't tell my lovely wife.