Old 09-21-2006, 09:20 AM   #61  

Height: 5'8"

Morning ladies! Hope things are going well for all today.

Holy~I am so sorry that you are dealing with so much, it seems that when it rains, it pours! Try to hang in there and know that we are here for you!

Squishy~I feel your frustration! It is so difficult to stay the course when you know you have worked hard at weight loss and the scales do not show it. If TOM is due soon, I am sure you will see some loss after it's over.My breasts always get sore right before too, ouch! Also, you have been exercising, so maybe a tape measure would be a better way to keep track of losses??? I know that when I exercise, I tend to retain water (I think that muscles tend to retain water, has something to do with recovery, but I cannot remember the details.) Anyway, I have been keeping track of inches since I do not seem to have any luck moving the scale anymore, just a though.

Trish~I am really looking forward to Grey's Anatomy tonight.....I watched the end of the season finale again last night, just so I was sure that I did not forget anything. I can't wait!!

Stevi~Sorry that DS is giving you a hard time, hope things improve soon so the selling him goes better! Glad to talk with DH went well, I know how hard of a subject it can be to agree on and it can be especially hard when you are trying to teach the kids healthy habits and someone is sabotaging that. I have that problem too, only it tends to be people outside of our household. I try to help my kids make smart choices, but sometimes the temptation is too great for them. Luckily my kids do not have weight issues, but I want to try to make sure they never do.

Well, I caught the biggest loser last night and it worked , I am inspired to do better and fortunately, so is DH! We both got up and around and did our workouts this morning and it felt great!! Now, if we can just stay the course....wish me luck!
Chat with you all again soon
Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:24 AM   #62  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

i chatted with mr smart guy and he's going to be straightening himself up. whatever the air force deals him, usually ends up affecting me. if he loses rank, he loses money. I don't know what's going to happen but right now he's on his way over...said they'd have internet so i gotta send him his webcam so we can chatter when he can.

off to finish getting ready for work....thanx for all your support
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:08 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Height: 5'5"

Fit- Great parenting! My DH has a 17 and 19 yo that moved to be with their mother 4 yrs ago. We had full custody prior to that. It is SO difficult even seeing their mother. She is such a lousy parent and dispicable human that we just want to run when we see her. That must have been so hard but, like you said, very powerful for your son. You all mean business and have his best interests at heart. He must feel he is and his behavior is really important if it justified the coming-together. Yea! Way to go!

Thanks for the fuel-up speel. I think you are right. I will go prepare some yummy salads to have on hand and I will put the scale away . I will try weaning myself to everyother day and eventually to wekkly weighs. It is hard isnt it! It becomes addictive to weigh oneself... I wont let 1-2 little lbs rule my day. I am woman, hear me roar! lol

Holy- Mr Smart Guy, you crack me up! I hear your 'tude and I am with you. Time for boys to be men!

Darcy- thanks for the . I will look around for my tape measure today. I needed it for work the other day and couldnt find it... thanks for the tips!
squishy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:37 AM   #64  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

SH!#*&$%#&%*^T....I just responded to pretty much everyone and then clicked away for a second...meaning to open a new window and BAM, it's gone!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:43 AM   #65  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Ok, it is official, TOM has arrived. right on schedual as always. I'm happy to see him. It means I will be back to normal soon!! THe days before are always worst for me.
I had a thought. There is this nearly 16 yr old girl that I know. She is 5'5 and weighs 125. Exactly what I was at that age. She weres a size 3 and I wore a size 9. Does that mean that what was once a 9 is now a 3?? When I was 131 3 years ago I wore a 5 or a 7, but at 125 (12 years ago) I wore a 9????????????

Who else here has a toddler? My DD2 1/2 has been potty trained for more then half of her life. (potty trained @ 16m) now she can't make it to the potty and has been wetting the bed (MY BED!!) I have decided to reduce her liquid consumption. And I think the bed wetting is because: DH talked me into letting her sleep with us, (because he doesn't get home till late sometimes, and doesn't get to spend much time with her), and I think that she sleeps so soundly that she doesn't realize she needs to go.

Fit & MichelleThanks!! )
Darcy: Sounds good to me. I haven't really told him that he gets so much extra. I just ask him if he feels full, and he usually does. SO as long as he has had enough protein, he usually stays close to his 30pts. about DH getting on board. Yes Yes, half the battle is won, its so much easier when both are trying

Stevi: Awwww shucks :blushing: If I had half the drive you ladys have, I'd have been at goal a year and a half ago!!

Trish: Oohh, biggest loser!! I guess I won't get to watch this year, but it was so modivating last year!! Oh, and yes, I think I will keep the ticker at my WW meeting scales weight, the only problem is that 135 in the even'ing might be like 131 in the am (which isn't really a bad thing since tha was the weight I was at when I got preggo) the only problem is that I was at that weight while weight training regularly, which I don't do any more .

Jessamy: Awwsome!! you've made it almost 2weeks, don't give in now girl!! Are you going for the 3 week stretch on phase 1? It probably is TOM, and have you been eating a lot of salt? drinking enough water? I can totally relate to the scale addiction. I have been doing so well until yesterday LOL. It really does make a diff when you only weigh once a week. I had never tried it before. Its like you just go along about your business with the diet and all, I dont n\know, hard to explain, its just better to stay off them. (I used to be in denial about my scale addicition LOL)

Lauren: Copy and paste people copy and paste!! LOL sorry, I know how it feels. I always right click, copy It has saved my butt so many times.

Holy: hang in there girl! never know, Afganistan may be just the thing to sober him up. God bless you.
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:56 AM   #66  

Christie- I havent heard of doing 3 week phase I, only NOT to stay on it long despite the temptation. What is the idea of 3 weeks? I know I could do it... I dont think I have been eating much salt- I just made salad Nicoise and rinsed everything (waterchestnuts, beans to get all the extra salt out. I normally dont crave salt at all. Oh well. The scale is away now.
BTW Today I mailed you out a new slide tracker, exercise pts slide and 2 points trackker sheets I found. Still looking for the book!

As for little one being potty trained WOW! Mine trained at 2.75 yo. Yes, she still sleeps with us too! We are trying one night a week in her bed but what happens is I fall asleep with her, wake up hrs later, come to bed, and she is right behind me 30 min later at least I get a little time in w/DH first ). I think cutting back on fluids before bed is a great idea. I have been doing that too! It really disturbs sleep to get up and pee (or change the sheets in your case!). Good luck.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:02 PM   #67  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Mornin' my cyber chickies!
DS up late AGAIN...his $$$ value is rapidly decreasing. He is very adimant (sp?) that his $45 alarm clock I got him for X-mas is broken (HAD to have IT!!) that its only going off "sometimes" I'm getting him a new (very cheap) loud annoying one today that ONLY works as a clock and alarm. If it happens again, Dude is SOOO grounded. Rehearsal was good last night (we are doubling up for the Oct Gig). Very productive. We are adding 4 new dance songs and man are they a PAIN. Billy Jean and Beat it freekin' repeat lyrics like mad....On and On...Blah blah Micheal Jackson. Also added Madonna's Holiday sorta the same DroNinG going on, prolly due to a drum machine and lots of repeat synthetic sounds. We're workin' it out though. "I will survive" is coming off with out a hitch. The set should be pretty lively once we are done.

Lauren~ My sorrry .... Do OVERs!!!
Holy~ Big squishy squeezes for you (((~HUGS~))). I thought it commendable your DH didn't just instantly say "NO, I will not drink ever agian once I'm home". To me that sounds alot like meaningless lip service. Sounds like he's humble enough to realize he has a real problem , making getting help alot easier. I don't have alot of experience with substance abuse as both of my parents worked in rehabilitation of one kind or another. But, what I have seen scares the pants right off me. Your a tough cookie, I salute you!
Fit~Congrats on being able to work together for DS. We have had to do that mnay times in the last three years or so. Especially once DH and I moved in together. Holy moly! The kid was used to being the "man" of the house. DS father is a bit of a door mat. He's super inconsistent and is ALWAYS making excuses. He doesn't want to be inconvienienced with having to follow through on a punishment. SOoo recently, if DS is in trouble, he just doesn't go to Dad's until punishment is over. The last time he was grounded, the Ex took him to Disneyland!! Ahhh DuH.. I'm really feelin' ya on the DH Obese thing. I told DH (in an arguement) that, clinically, he is severely obese. You'd have though I [email protected] slapped his Mama. No likey.
Jess~ Make sure your eating often enough too. Lil meals bout every three hours. I stalled pretty bad when I started exercising. Then my over all loss just slowed. I like feeling toned and energetic but I'd like to be smaller FASTER.
Darcy~ DS #1 didn't show signs of a weight problem until he was about 11. It might be that typical adolescent chubbiness that happens, but I'm predisposed to a weight problem. I don't want to take any chances with my boys.WTG on exercise. How did you get DH on board? Your either lucky or cunning. Tell me your secrets!
Christi~ Sleeping in the bed can be a hard habit to break. I have so many friends with issues from it. I've always been too scared to even fall asleep with them in my bed as I have a sleeping disorder (night terrors) I wake screaming for no good reason. They have "wet feel" night time type pull up thingies (technical term) she can wear til it passes.

Last edited by Stevi-rocks; 09-21-2006 at 12:11 PM.
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:32 PM   #68  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Jessamy: Do you have the sbd book? I can't remember if I read it, or if the lady that suggested the suggested it. The point is just to lose more weight .
I usually do cut back DD's liquid after 7:30, but the other night she was asking for water in the middle of the night, and I just couldn't say no, and last night at church they gave them juice, and apples, she ate 2 and a half red delicious, and aobut 4 oz of juice. Its just a matter of me paying attention. Oh, and she loves to hold her "nuggle" and drink her mook, I guess I should break her from that, but its just so stinkin cute!!

Stevi: I did so good keeping my dd out of our bed until she was a toddler, now its off and on.

THe thing with the night time thingeys... well the thing is I am a potty training freak, and it would just be to much for my pride :P (I used to work at a daycare, My class was the toddlers) I will have this under control has of NOW!! . (I had the 12m old that I used to babysit going to the potty. Last I heard, her mommy is keeping it up. DD started doing her BMs in the potty @ 8m and never went in her pants again after her first birthdya. I know Its crazy. I have this adorable pic of her has a baby, sitting on the potty. Bald head and pascy (never could spell that)
Old 09-21-2006, 01:37 PM   #69  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

ok well i have read everyones post and i dont have time to comment on everyones
all im gonna throw out there is this ...............................
I get a call around 3:30 yesterday from a girlfriend of mine saying hey i was driving by your house and theres like 10 cop cars...... my heart dropped and the first thing that came to my mind was GEORGE she said you better call and find out whats up well i did called home all the kids cell's nothing then i called my mom and she said yeah they have your 2 younger kids in there wont let her in and wont let them out SwAT detective pd you name it there all here in full gear ( you know like the movies) well she said it's a routine probation check on george WTF????????? ok im now freaking out i cant leave the office im here alone and my mom said dont worry about it al's ok soooo a dective calls me back and said were's george, i said with his girl friend and her mother going to dinner and a movie (he really was doing soooooo good) so they said they found a bullet 1 stinking bullet i said that could have been my husbands he's in the police academy and at the firing range they collected bags of shells to recycle as a class project to raise fund's for the graduation party she says uh huh sure and now they are looking for george his cell was off so i couldnt get ahold of him now i have to go on my lunch hour pick him up and take him in im sooooo sad right now he was doing so good did everything he was supposed to
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:25 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Holy - Unfortunately, both you and hubby have a long fight ahead of you. I come from a long line of alcoholics (grandpa and dad most recently) It is not an easy fight to win either. Although I am proud to say that once the alcoholics decide to fix themselves, they CAN beat it. 20 years sober, my dad, and proud of it!!! Keep your chin up! This time away will definitely help him although watch out for major relapses when he gets back. I have friends who have come back from Afghanistan and they just wanna GET DRUNK when they get back, which won't be easy for your hubby. Day by day, day by day.

Squishy - I feel your pain. I am at the beginning of my weight loss journey and even though I know it takes a while for the body to catch up, i am very frustrated. I worked out 4 days in a row and when I step on the scale, I'm up 2lbs??????????????? Just really frustrates me. But it's a journey and there will be ups and downs. Hang in there. The Fuel advice is a good one and also to measure inches.

Fit - Thank you. I've been feeling positive lately, but as is my pattern, I'm going down as we speak. I hate to bore everyone with the lame details of my insignificant life. They'll just depress everyone and that is NOT what you need when trying to lose weight. I'm desperately trying to focus on things that make me happy and things I can control, which isn't much right about now.

Nail Lady - woo hoo, the biggest loser is doing its job. I sat down to watch it on TIVO last night and felt so guilty for not working out that I got right up and did 30 minutes on the treadmill!! Hehehe

Lauren - HUGS, try again

WannaB - good luck with DD. I don't have any children but I know it is not uncommon for someone her age to either revert or wet the bed. It's a tough age 2 1/2 ya know! My nephew is gonna be 3 in December and he's not potty trained yet. But he does sleep in his own big boy bed. New brother or sister is due this weekend!!!!

Stevi - oooh, those sound like good songs to bop your head too. We did routines in Jr. Miss to both I will survive and holiday. Pretty good workout songs. Very controlled though and yes, I can see how it can get droning and drag out.

So, yesterday I was feeling kinda of slumpish. Woke up too late, joints hurt. Just didn't feel like doing much of anything and I didn't! BF called and we went on a little sunset ride on his boss fishing boat. We were only gone about an hour but it was alot of fun. I don't get to go out on the boat much cuz it isn't OURS! But BF captains it. Then we went to dinner at the 99. We eat out WAY too much. I got french onion soup, and a tuscan steakburger with coleslaw, unsweetened iced tea(my favorite drink). Then i had half a chocolate malt blizzard from DQ*sigh* But this is less than i was eating before i started exercising so even though it sounds horrible, it's good for me.

But.......stepping on the scale this AM....dum dum dummmmmm....oooh, I just did it...and.....208.8 That makes me feel a bit better cuz yesterday morning i was 212!!!!!! Amazing how the body can fluctuate so much, huh? My official weigh in isn't until Sunday though.

I'm having an issue right now too. I went off the bc pill about 4 months ago. Since then I've only had one TOM and that was after about 68 days. Right now I'm on day 48, waiting for the next one. Weight gain is also one of the issues with going off bc so I'm battling that too.

Today I'll do my WATP Walk/Kick. I wish I had a trainer like Bob or Kim from TBL. That helps sooo sooo sooo much. Someone to stand over me and say "10 more, come on, 10 more minutes, do it" Gosh, I'm getting teary eyed watching TBL right now, Seeing those people get picked for the 14.....I'm such a crybaby.

Well, ladies, have a great Thursday. Tomorrow my SIL gets induced for her 2nd child. We don't know the sex and we are all so excited. there are some possibilities of heart problems, so please keep her in your thoughts. HUGS!
Princsstrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:20 PM   #71  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Uuuuuughhhhhh! I need help!!! I have so much to do today!!!
I gave the 2 dogs a bath, did some laundry (all of which needs to be folded)
DD wants to go out and play (hardly ever gets to)
I drug a very heavy oak table into the house, and assembled it, to use in my sewing room.
I drug half the junk out of the sewing room and am now trying to organize it. THis is the part where I say HELLLLP! I can not seem to bring order to this caos.
Oh, I also opened all the windows and vacuumed out the window sills.
And I shampooed my mattrass, and am washing all the bedding.
WHeeewwww, this place is a mess, and i better get it all clean bf hubby gets home. Around 8:00 he gets home from the gym.

Ok, I gotta take a brake, I promised miss thang I'd take her out to play
TTYL
Old 09-21-2006, 03:37 PM   #72  

Oh Goddess, it just keeps getting worse! I cant! At least he is doiig what he needs to do and this is just a mix-up. It should be cleared, right? . Here's to you, thinking of you!

Wannabe- OMG I hate those days. Sounds like you bit off more than you can chew! I think the sewing room OR the shampooing the mattress OR the dogs should be one day! I am glad you are taking time out with lil miss. Enjoy the weather (at least it is nice here though chilly)!

Princess- sounds like fun! We have a boat we are selling so that DH could have a motorcycle. Plus we only took it out 6 or so times last yr and none the yr before! The boating (and biking) seasons are short here.

Sounds like serious BC issues! Ugh! My cholesterol went up when I was on the pill so I stopped. It messes you up. Good luck and I hope all returns to normal soon! The weight loss will help too! Make sure youre using something reliable now!

Well I succeeded in hooking up computer speakers, cleaning the bathroom (well, one of 2), cleaning the kitchen and mopping its floor (badly overdue!) and thats about it. I did 15 min on elliptical and quit. this is first time quitting but I think South beach is kicking my arae esp after my 3.7 mi walk yesterday. I just couldnt do it. Plus it is boring! (thus the comp speakers to get some streaming into the room. Wannabe you put me to shame!

Kiddo of the bus in 30 min. She's always tired and hungry after school so I am saving my snack to have with her.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:22 PM   #73  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

LOL! I don't know about that, i have yet to accomplish a single task that I've begun. Well, except the dog's baths. LOL
Old 09-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #74  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Goddess ~ Bless your heart................So, did you find out what's going on? I'll certainly keep you in my prayers. Anything surrounding your kids is always difficult to bear. Stay focused on helping him and supporting him (I'm sure you are!).

Big HUGS
Fit
fitafter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:43 PM   #75  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

It has to be these damn stars and moons and damn planet shifting my universe from bad to worst
Thanks squishy And Fit your always so supportive
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote