Old 09-18-2006, 12:01 PM   #16  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Happy monday

Hello ladies
Well this weekend was bad eating and drank too much yesterday me and hubby had a talk and he wasnt talking to her she was calling him and he said he only answered once to tell her to stop calling ( the bill reflected this) so I guess i over reacted (just a little) but im good now anyways so it's monday morning and i get in a little early to get some work done and guess what my hard drive took a dump im restoring it now (good thing there are other computers to use) So just a typical monday morning here i was so excited about the loss friday that i think thats why i over ate

Holy~ hang in there im prayin for you both try and stay extra busy to keep your mind off it

Princess

MAMA ~ back to school good luck I could never do it i dont have the patiance

Squishy~ you certainly motivate me im so gonna plan some out door activities for me and they kids i think it will do us all some good

Wanna~ im the same i seem to missplace my books on purpose LOL

LPP~ I was just asking about you last week i didnt see you posting ... i hope all is well

Nail~I know you must feel good getting those projects done i know when i complete something

sorry if i missed anyone i have to get back to fixin the puter take care all i'll check in later
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:22 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'5"

I hear you guys talking about outdoor activities. Have any of you ever tried Letterboxing?? I know many moms who bring their kids along. Please check out www.letterboxing.org or do a google search for it. It's so cool.

Basically, the gist of it is....

People place "boxes" somewhere and then post clues to how to find them. They are EVERYWHERE!!!!!! Kids like to follow the clues. most clues are looking for certain shaped trees, or other landmarks. The clues usually take you to places around your town or area that you never even knew were there. Most are kid friendly too. It's just a fantastic little hobby.

When you find the box, there is a stamp inside. You stamp your logbook and then you should have your own stamp and stamp the logbook that was found with the box! It's like a treasure hunt!!!! Just a suggestion.

Today I'm gonna do my WATP Walk/Kick, Maybe....I'd kinda like to go on the treadmill again cuz I never finishe watching the movie I was watching while walking yesterday..hehe Madagascar.

I'm also gonna finish up a doily I'm making for someone. I have laundry to do, Banana Bread to make. hehehe

yes, i know being at home is bad for the waistline. That's part of how I gained all my weight back.

Have a good Monday everyone!!!!!
Princsstrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:59 PM   #18  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

I just read last weeks page and I love you ladies all of you were there for me and i coulndt have asked for a better group of friends ........
Thank you

MELODY~~ good gwad woman you have lost soooo much you are looking GOOD
what are you following again? WW
Congrats
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:19 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Goddess- glad to hear he had an explaination. Nice to see that it was doin'the right thing too, telling her to stop calling. Too bad he couldnt have just said thay to you from the get-go and spare you the stressing and the dividing of assets in your mind! Ugh! MEN!

I am not feeling great today now- feel kinda light-headed and like my heart is pounding though my pulse is ok. I lay down for a few min but always feel guilty doing that when DH is working and DD is at school! I know, I know- but who is cooking dinner while dd is watching TV and who is washing dishes at 8:30 pm?!

I just was thinking- why does losing weight take so much effort and time and thought, while gaining is so darn easy! We all deservea BIG for all we are doing for ourselves and our fams and friends! THIS IS HARD WORK!!!
squishy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #20  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Yo! Whats the haps my cyber homies....
I was channeling my inner thug. logan is making posting difficult to impossible. I have to have one eye on him at all times. Needless to say I look funny crosseyed...lol The weekend was relatively uneventful, went out Friday. Saw a pretty crappy band, the bass player thought I was purty and sent over a drink asking my name...DH went over and let him know my name AND my LAST name as it matches his and that "No, we're not brother and sister either" HA! Pretty funny stuff. I think its good for DH sometimes.We (DH and myself) were tiffing yest, nothing serious, but I would like Y'alls opinions on the topic. DH gets all bent out of shape when I come in and "rescue" Logan when he crys. He claims he needs the opportunity to let the baby get used to Daddy soothing him. I understand....to a point. How freekin' long am I suppose to just let him cry and watch DH attempt everything except what he needs.....HIS MOMMIE!!! He just doesn't get it. In the womb...9 months...MY heartbeat, voice, smell, etc.... Sometimes its just me he wants. DH gets all butthurt. Cute but ridiculous. Am I wrong?
This weekend is a train wreck waiting to happen. Suppose to attend a gig Fri and Sat. Have an additional practice scheduled Sat. Invited to a party Sat for friends moving away. ALL that and I'm already commited to a mural project ALL weekend. I'm still working out the details.
Trish~ I beg to differ on the being at home thing. I gained it workin' lost it at home.
Goddess~ Glad its workin' out.
Lauren~ I can't remember for the life of me what I was gonna say to you but HI anyways!
Holy~ Sorry bout DH...I kinda like it when mine leaves for a bit but not for months!!!

Last edited by Stevi-rocks; 09-18-2006 at 04:33 PM.
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #21  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Stevi i was wonderin where you were Boy it's busy hwere during the day...Normally I'm at work and can't check up on the board. It'll be nice to have a day to recoup tomorrow and the 3 day workweek. i can live with that. It'll be the coworker stuff that'll drive me nuts.....but i guess that's to be expected out of them.

I can't give any advice cuz I'm not a mommy yet sorry!!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:12 PM   #22  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

I know how you fell Stevi. When DD was little, she had colic, and I was always so scared that if she started crying, She wouldn't stop for hours. It made it hard for me not to come running when DH had her. There is one thing to think about though. I was afraid that if I kept pushing him away, that he would get used to me handling everything. I was afraid they wouldn't bond, and that he wouldn't be as close to her as I was. I just couldn't stand the though of that!
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:00 PM   #23  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Stevi, let dh take care of Logan. i did exactly what you're doing and now I have a 2 yo who has re-grown his umbilical cord and won't let me 2 feet away from him. I am now having to force him to let daddy do things for him and it's not fun!!

Melody, I did forget to tell you how awesome you look!! I knew I was forgetting someone yesterday when I was posting. LOL

Squishy, for goodness sake. Lay down girl!! You get to do that sometimes. DH is just going to have to understand how hard it is staying home. I can attest to this now because I've done both. I used to work full time and now I stay home and staying home is not easy!

Michelle, glad to hear that dh wasn't doing anything funky. I hope you guys were able to get everything out there and work through it.

I don't think I'm gonna get to go to play group or for my walk tomorrow. Ricky has gotten worse with his cold. He was off all day and is now in bed in his sleeper jammies. I think we're just gonna stay home tom'w and pump juice and stuff. So now I'm off to finish laundry. It really piles up so quickly! UGH
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:05 AM   #24  

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!! Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments!! They are added motivation for me!!

I was at work all weekend, which always takes 3 whole days of time away from me, so am just getting here to post now. Worked my two sixteen hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday, slept half of today, and then had to get things here at home straightened back up. Tomorrow is my WW's meeting, I'm hoping I have a good weigh in, we'll see. I didn't eat my flex points again this week, so I'm hoping it shows on the scale!!

Molly, sorry your son is sick, I hope he is feeling better soon.

Stevi, yeah it's good for your dh to remember just how pretty you are and to feel a bit jealous once in awhile, lol. As for your tiff, I can see both sides, it's true that sometimes kids just want their Mommy and that's all their is to it, and sometimes we jump in too soon and like Wannabe said, then we end up handling it all ourselves and wonder why we aren't getting more help. Maybe you guys can come to a compromise??

Squishy, I feel guilty when I take a nap during the day too, I feel like I should be doing something, but I've done it a couple times now since the kids got back in school. If you're tired, treat yourself once in awhile and take a nap!!

Michelle, so glad that your husband finally talked to you instead of just getting mad at you and making things worse!! I'm also glad that it was a good explanation, hope she doesn't call anymore. And yes, I'm doing WW's, I lost the first 27 pounds on my own just counting calories, but now I'm doing WW's.

Trish, welcome to the forum!! I've never heard of letterboxing, but it sounds like fun.

Holy, I hope you and your dh get some time together before he leaves, that would be frustrating to know that he was leaving for so long and not being able to find the time to spend some quality time together alone first!!

Hi Lauren!!

Darcy, sounds like you do a great job coacing the kids, I'm with the little guy that said winning is fun, lol. It's important to just have fun playing, but it does make it twice as good to win too!!

Karen, sounds like you guys had a good weekend, Noah would've loved that, he loves trains!!

Wannabe, sorry your having a hard time on the weekends, I usually do ok on the weekends because I'm usually at work, lol, but I know that if I had a husband at home and we were doing family things then I would have a hard time too. I always have a much harder time losing weight when there's a man around because they eat so much!! Hang in there, you're doing great and as long as your losing and losing in a way that works for you long term then that's all that matters!!

Well I hope I got everyone!! Hope everyone had a great weekend and start to their week!!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:00 AM   #25  

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone! I was feeling kind of lazy this morning because it is raining here, but getting on and reading all of the posts has got me feeling much better.

Squishy~I am impressed with all you do!! I have been trying to enjoy the outdoor activities before winter hits too. We all have x-country skiis and snomobiles for winter, but sometimes it is just too bitter-cold out there to do those things. We often take the kids to an indoor ice skating rink in winter, atleast that way we do not have to bear the bitter wind that comes off the lake. Now, Go lay down and do not feel guilty about it!! It sounds like you are just not feeling well and we all need to take time to rest to get better!

Molly~Sorry to hear the little guy is not feeling well, hope he is over it soon. I hear ya on the weather, it is exactly the same here! 85 yesterday, now rainy and yucky today, and I guess that it is going to be dropping over the next week. Spring and fall is when it fluctuates the most, it can be sunny in the morning, 80 by noon, raining by 2 and snowing overnight, you just never know here either.

Christie~My boys do little league too (I am a spectator for that, no coaching for me) and they love it! It is so much fun to watch the kids at t-ball, they will sit out in the field picking clover, flowers or whatever is there and the ones infield are drawing pictures in the dirt. It is so precious to watch them! BTW, I just love that picture of your daughter on the quilt, that is adorable!

Holy~That's gotta be tough, sending him off to Afghanistan. We'll send up a prayer to keep him safe.

Michelle~Glad to hear things are getting better at home and that he was able to explain the call...wish he would've done that right away though...Squishy's right. UHG, Men!!

Trish~letterboxing? Sounds interesting. Madagascar, what a cute movie! We just watched Disney's The Wild, it was pretty much the same concept, but still cute.

Stevi~It is nice when the men in our lives are reminded of just how good they've got it, not to mention the fact that it can help boost our own confidence when someone new shows an interest. About Logan...I know that sometimes they just want mommy, it is important that dad gets to soothe some, but believe me, it won't be long and dad will be the hero! My boys were mama's boys, but now they will do anything for DH and they love spending time with him, no matter what they are doing. I could be doing that very same thing and they won't want to bother unless dad is doing it too. They have lots of mommy time when dad's not home so when he is, it is all about dad! So tell your hubby not to stress too much right now, his time is coming very soon!

Well, we all went on a 2.5 mile hike through the woods, to a big pond with cub scouts last night. My youngest caught about 6 frogs and toads, he had a ball! The oldest was feeding the fish in the pond and trying to catch some in a bucket, they had alot of fun on our nature walk. Unfortunately it is getting dark here so early now, it was dark when we got out of the woods, so it was off to shower and into bed quickly for the kids. They do not like to have to rush to bed, they need a little time to wind down, but none of that last night, scouts ran later than normal.
Well, it is off to shower and then to they boys school for me today. Hope everyone has a great day!
Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:01 AM   #26  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Goood morning everyone!!

I have a question maybe someone can answer for me. DH is doing WW with me. He does weight training, so he eats high protein. I know that you get extra points for this, but does anyone know how many? (remember, I have no WW material,so I can't look it up)

I think TOM will be here soon. I was so tired yesturday. I felt like taking a nap, and was wondering "whats wronge with my lazy butt" Then I realized and to myself to bed. I was also wanting to eat all day, but I am proud to say that I came in at exactly 22 pnts and that is with dessert.

Which was.

Grham crackers w/ peanut butter spread really thin. Layered in a bowl with ff sf chocolate fudge pudding.

I put it in the fridge for a couple of hours. It would be really good set over night. (DH would sleep walk to the kitchen an eat it!)

Thanks Melody. I don't do too terribly bad on the we. I just don't count points, and I try to have self control. We'll see next WI. If I don't lose more then a pound, I'll know that I got to cut it out.

Aww, Mammabear, sorry to hear your little one is not feeling well. Bethany is just getting over some kind of cold herself.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:19 AM   #27  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Mel, Good luck at WI today!

Molly, Sorry Ricky's sick, hope it passes soon! Maybe a nice warm vapor bath?

Cristi, I'm laughing at worrying about DD crying and not stopping! Peter was colicky for 3 months straight. He cried from like 4-7 every night, there was nothing you could do. I'm laughing because you know a colicky baby *is* going to start and *is not* going to stop until their certain time to cry is over!!

Stevi, Ah yes, the exploration stage! Where everything is pulled apart and tasted, right? As far as DH trying to console him, I'd let him try. Maybe you could let him at it for 10-15 minutes, and then rescue him? ****, I'd just be happy that DH was willing! Is this like overnight you're talking about?

Squishy, how are you feeling today? Maybe your blood sugar was low and you just needed to eat something?

Michelle, I'm sorry about what's going on with DH, hope it gets better either way.

Trish, never heard of letterboxing, sounds interesting. I think it sounds similar to geocaching, which Karen & her DH do sometimes.
I will agree on being home being bad...all I do is eat all day when I'm home, like out of work. That's also why weekends are bad for me, unless I'm busy!

Holy, How are you doing today? Sending you a BIG

Karen, I would say Peter would have LOVED the day out with Thomas, but who knows these days. Maybe in the future.

Yesterday's first day at daycare was awesome! They did fabulous. I mean, Robby screamed bloody murder in the AM, and again today, but I got to watch him by webcam on and off all day and they did great! I'm soo happy that Peter is happy about going to daycare again!

Hi to everyone else!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #28  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Wow Darcy, it sounds like you had a lot of fun!! LOL @ little kids playing instead of playing ball. My nephew was in t-ball. He was playing in the sand, and befor my Sister could stop him, he put a handful of sand in the kids hair that was on the base he was gaurding. No one thought that was funny (not at the time anyway) About DD's pic Thanks, I love taking pictures of her

Lauren: AHHH, so you know how I feel I still don't know if it was colic, or my BMilk. I stopped Bfeeding @ 3months, and that is when colic usually starts, so I'll never know for sure!

Ok, for BF I had a low carb tortillia (1pt) spread with 1tsp peanutbutter (1ptish) 1/2 a bannana (1pt) I fryed it in pam. It was really good! (But boy is peanut butter high in points!!! I have to use it really sparingly
Old 09-19-2006, 09:29 AM   #29  

Height: 5'8"

Christie, the activity points are based on intensity level of activity, minutes done and body weight. For instance, my DH will lift weights for 50 minutes at moderate to high intensity and he weighs 200. So, that gives him an additional 5 points. If he was do do it at a high intensity it would give him 8 points.
It would be hard to calculate without the slide, unless he follows a pretty regular schedule for lifting. I would be happy to help you figure out the points for him whenever you need them. I wish that I still knew someone going to WW meetings so I could get an additional activity slide. Sorry.
Darcy
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:18 AM   #30  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Thanks Darcy!!

WEll, He is 249lbs. He trains about 45 mins. I'm not sure about low intensity, or high. He does four sets of each, and he does lower reps on heavy week and higher reps when he trains with lighter weight. I would say high intensity.