Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2001, 11:34 AM   #31  
A princess in the making!

Default Sadness

Rabbit: So many stories. That are touching so close to home. The people downstairs from me have a family member who works at the Pentagon.

The company I work for has employees missing in both NY and DC. A lady here her father was to check into the World Trade Center yesterday morning. Thank God for the traffic jam he was stuck in. I will never be upset over a traffic jam again.

I am so emotionally. I could just start crying every time I think of it. Hearing America themed songs just brings me to pieces.

Sonya: I know how you feel. I was OP yesterday and thought that is just so silly. But you know we have to keep control somehow. And in where ever we can establish some type of a normal life.

My son is really scared. Slept with me last night. And asked if something bad was going to happen there again today.

Take care---Back to work.

God Bless all of us!

Old 09-12-2001, 12:16 PM   #32  
Pink Thingy

Rabbit - that story was so sad. I am just totally amazed, it almost feels like we are in a dream, but somehow we all seem unable to wake up.

There seems to be a lot of speculation about who is behind it all, I just hope and pray that no more innocent lives are lost.
Old 09-12-2001, 12:18 PM   #33  

Rabbit: I'm afraid we're going to be hearing more and more conversations like your aquaintance had with the trapped friend. Just how many times can our hearts 'break' over the news.

My dad is stuck in Portland, was suposed to fly home yesterday. So far there are no rental cars available where he is, AmTrac keeps disconnecting him (after waiting on hold), and he is a bit aftraid to go ahead and fly. I am glad to hear that there will no longer be 'carry on luggage' allowed. I've always thought that was a bad idea (too easy to slip things thru and also there are always injuries from falling luggage).

I'm down another 3.
- jul
215/180/165
Old 09-12-2001, 12:52 PM   #34  

Default Weight Watchers

Well I have to find out if I have to rejoin WW. Because where I go now is in the Federal Building downtown. And I am not stepping foot in there anytime soon. I called and they said I can just start a new one at another center. I will go this weekend so in case they make me rejoin I do not have to pay the registration fee. I know some of you may think I am crazy since nothing happened in my City. But until I feel safe. I am not putting myself anywhere near goverment buildings unless I have no choice.

Everyone take care. I don't know what else to say. Everything else seems so silly at the moment.
Old 09-12-2001, 01:06 PM   #35  

Default Hi

I know I am driving you all crazy. But I want to share this with you all.

Flying Proudly through out America!!
Old 09-12-2001, 01:51 PM   #36  
Pink Thingy

I'm getting a bit worried about Pyria's dual identity? Are you up to something?
Old 09-12-2001, 02:04 PM   #37  

Default I don't know why

I have no clue why it is doing that. I think I used the name Jazzy2B and now it shows up as that and Pryia. I know confusing. But I am as sane as to be expected.
Old 09-12-2001, 02:40 PM   #38  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Pryia- You are soo right. On the radio this AM a guy called up because he was torn between whether to fly his flag half staff in memory of the lives lost, or all the way to show we're proud. I agree with the DJ's, fly it high and proud. Anyone with a flag, put it out and show everyone how proud you are to be an American, and that no matter what they try to do to us, they will not kill our spirit!!

Rabbit- That is soo tragic. I keep hearing stories on the radio from people that have tried to call friends and relatives. Thank God for cell phones!!
Old 09-12-2001, 02:56 PM   #39  

Saw my friend just a mintue ago. There company is missing 45 employees that were temping in the WTC. We are still missing about 10.

Yes when I get home I will be putting out my flag. And they were handing them out on the streets at lunch.

Old 09-12-2001, 04:17 PM   #40  
Working on Weight loss!!!

I have my flag waving proudly outside..A friend wants me to volunteer to go to NYC and help out at the hospitals if needed..I would be soo scared of flying now...They have been counting volunteers and people that may be called up for the military to see where the hospital stands if something happens....I cant give blood, but money is the next best thing....
Our prayers continue to the families and people involved.
RR
Old 09-13-2001, 09:47 AM   #41  
LBH

A friend sent this to me this AM...I was planning on going out at lunch today to find a couple little flags anyway!

Flags Across America
>
> To show those terrorists that we Americans stick together,
>
>FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 14 is "Flags Across America."
>
>All Americans are asked to display the American flag either in their homes or cars.
>
>Let's keep the meaning of UNITED in "United States".
>
>Pass this onto as many people as you know.
>
>THANK YOU.
Old 09-13-2001, 10:02 AM   #42  

I have pictures of NY and DC. If you PM me your email I can send them to you. THey are on my work computer.
Old 09-13-2001, 10:56 AM   #43  
LBH

Pryia- Speaking of which, kind of... I picked up my free JCP catalog yesterday after work, what page is the dress on that you were thinking of?
Old 09-13-2001, 11:11 AM   #44  

HI ALL.

There are so many sad stories and there are also so many noble courageous ones. I have so much admiration for the firefighters and police officers in this country. How proud I am to be an American.

Pryia - I love your flag symbol. Any news on the employees of your company? And what about your neighbor's family member?

Jul - I don't know how many times our hearts can break over this, I have a feeling it is endless. I hope your father makes it home soon.

I have weigh in tonight and hope I get that loss. It is really hard to focus on things in our lives now, but Pryia, I think you are right, we have to go on living.

God Bless the USA.

RABBIT
Old 09-13-2001, 11:56 AM   #45  
LBH

Hi All,

Man, how sad it's been, everyday on my way to work listening to the radio, I end up in tears listening to the stories. Today the station I listen to is trying to start getting back into their "normal" format by playing some music. They decided to play patriotic type songs that would have some meaning to people, because music has a way of soothing and calming people, and helping to sort things out...I believe they're right. But they started by playing the Lee Greenwood song "God Bless the USA", which makes me cry normally, but I ended up crying even more just thinking about it!!

Tonight is WI for me also, and I'm hoping for good things.
Closed Thread